• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Miro

The #1 online collaborative whiteboard platform where teams get work done.

Learn more about Miro

Maszni A.
Senior Web Developer
Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/3/2021

"Right tool for online visual collaboration"

Comments: Miro is the most constantly software that we have use when the pandemic hit our country, and we need to work remotely from home. It has all the tools that we need to collaborate on task and project and it work on real-time setting. We are really happy adopting this software as part of our work system.

Pros: Online meeting and project discussion in online settings is the strongest feature that Miro has offered. Screen sharing is the most important and really critical feature that me and my team need when we are doing an online meeting for our project discussion as it will help us to visually showing our computer screen for other to see the point that i am presenting.

Cons: There are some bugs with the screen sharing, like it won't load my audio file and failed to play it but work correctly with the video file. The whiteboard has no board to its canvas and if not control correctly it will taking too much resource of my computer RAM and will drag my computer to run slowly.

• Reviewed on 22/3/2021
UX designer
Design, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/3/2021

"Fantasic tool for brainstorms and digital whiteboards"

Comments: Fantastic, I recommend it to everyone!

Pros: I love that it allows multiple people to see what we are working on. It's great for a variety of functions like mind mapping, brainstorms, and flow documentation for applications.

Cons: Nothing really except would love to recovered deleted teams boards.

• Reviewed on 24/3/2021
CTO
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/8/2020

"The missing piece for remote"

Pros: They covered a missing piece in my remote tool stack: the whiteboard. Until Miro, I did not find a suitable alternative to the deliberative process that happens in front of a whiteboard. While that will probably never be completely substituted, Miro adds a few features on top of that that are actually very powerful.

Cons: The inability to read the whiteboards offline in the apps.

• Reviewed on 21/8/2020
Veljko Z.
Lead Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/4/2020

"Quick collaboration with real update-as-you-type across the board, perfect for collecting thoughts"

Comments: We've been using Miro for months now for team retrospectives, collecting notes on past releases, gathering ideas for improvements etc. So far, we haven't had any experiences where we were left with feeling that something was lacking. The whole team is very satisfied with this product.

Pros: It's great when your team is out of reach and you need to gather some ideas. It works even better than the physical presence of people, because it forces them to put it in a note - you can organize notes, transform them etc. Also, you can even see where everybody's mouse cursor is, which, even though isn't required, gives you a nice feeling of collaboration (imagine 10 cursors flying around, doing stuff... it just feels powerful and stimulating). Of course, you can turn it off if you'd like to.
The collaboration board is 'near-infinite', offers many types of objects (stickies being most popular, but also tasks, lanes, images etc). There's meeting agenda, todo list, and other stuff you might need from an online meeting tool.
Paid version also gives you an option to use active elements, like voting, countdown timer etc. Very cool.

Cons: The history of changes isn't that easy to track - who did what and when, who's put this element? when? what was added by John? etc.
What this tool doesn't offer is an actual meeting (call/video) - for that, you'd have to use other means to connect.

• Reviewed on 21/4/2020
CTO
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/2/2021

"The best in shared whiteboards"

Comments: Great for whiteboarding but the click bait to get you into using more features definitely distracts from getting the most out of that feature.

Pros: As a shared whiteboard tool for the remote era, it is awesome. It has the tools and templates to get the job done.
It has some other tools you didn't know you needed to go with the whiteboarding, these will differ by team.

Cons: Beyond the basic whiteboarding, it is a jack of all trades and master of none. There is way too much functionality (issue tracking, project management etc) that most people have some other software that both does the job better and integrates with their other systems. These other pieces of functionality aren't easy to turn off, leading to many conflicting uses of the system, and overly busy UI. Also they are clearly distracting the development teams from adding the more immediately useful features. Don't try and do too many things. Focus on what you are good at.
Change reporting is way too limited to be useful.

• Reviewed on 11/2/2021
Randy E.
Experience Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2020

"Essential tool for creative collaboration remotely"

Comments: I'm basically doing workshop brainstorming, process mapping, and similar that I would have previously done on a white board or easel sheets in Miro. There are a couple of unforeseen benefits to this:
- The results are much neater than live sessions
- It's easier to create report-ready output (this was always a tedious aspect of traditional methods).
- It's enabled me to create more visual presentation of many aspects of my work that I had not before. (their template library helps with this as well).

Pros: My team does a lot of user research and design - which is incredibly difficult to do without collaboration - traditionally in a conference room with a whiteboard, post-it notes, markers, easel pads, etc. I was seriously worried about how we would be able to do this effectively in a pandemic all working remotely. Miro has been tremendously helpful in facilitating such remote yet collaborative, creative workshop sessions. No tool will overcome all the challenges associated with that, but my team has learned how to leverage Miro to make these online workshops much more effective than they would have been without. We didn't search for a tool like Miro until the pandemic, but now I use it for so many things I can't imagine giving it up whenever things return to "normal."

Cons: Some aspects of the interface and using it I don't find intuitive. For all the hours I've used it now, I still get tripped up once in a while in what I consider some 'clumsy' interface decisions.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2020
Catalina P.
Portfolio manager
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/9/2020

"Brainstorming tool"

Comments: Miro is a great app to work collaboratively with partners to discuss new ideas or materialize process and networks

Pros: I like the versatility it has to work alone or in collaboration with colleagues or outsiders. It's very intuitive and easy to use for brainstorming sessions. Great tool.
Mind maps are also easy to use

Cons: The format options could be included in a toolbar or an upper bar in order to easy customize the shapes/comments/figures/etc

• Reviewed on 8/9/2020
Max S.
Director, Customer Success
  • Reviewed on 29/2/2020

"Awesome tool to visualize your concepts"

Comments: It's awesome! Great tool, one really needs to visualize complex concepts, processes and structures.
We used it to create MVP of trainings, manage our Product team roadmap, design R&D processes and many-many more other difficult-to-tackle projects.

Pros: - Ease of use is stunning. It's so cool how native is your experience with the editor - they detect the touchpad and optimize editing for that. Awesome!
- Pre-built templates helps to start conceptualize, instead of bothering with bells and whistles of graphics
- The endless board is amazing - you can keep lots of stuff in different forms (mind maps, hierarchies, Customer Journeys) that is related to the same thing together.

Cons: - Sometimes "clever" positioning of elements works not in the way I would expect, but I guess it's something I just haven't got used to. I suppose it's rather minor inconvenience.
- Guys, you have to do something with your onboarding - it's way to annoying for people, who just logged in to view the board someone invited them to. I would need to click away from 3 pop-ups to just see the board. If you manage to fix it - your tool will be perfect!

• Reviewed on 29/2/2020
Leon J.
Industrial Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/9/2018

"RealtimeBoard is a gamechanger for design collaboration"

Comments: In early-stage product development, no-one wants to pay for the time it takes for working documents to look good. This does not mean they don't want the documents to be clear, concise, and understandable, and it absolutely does not mean that they want good ideas and analyses to get lost in the clutter. In a paper-post it-CAD/DTP-workflow this is often the case. RealtimeBoard adresses all these issues and is a true gamechanger for the design industry. Thank you!

Pros: RealtimeBoard has become an integral part of my workflow. It is:
• Intuitive and hassle-free to use
• Lightweight and available everywhere
• In rapid development—constantly improving the core product
I use it for:
• Everything from early stage ideation to larger scale mapping and analysis
• Collaboration with other designers on my team
• Co-creative workshops and interviews with users and clients
• The remote-work version of everything above
• Presentations, working documents, and even interim reports.

Cons: On my view, there are no major drawbacks with RealtimeBoard. However, I find the pricing model a minor hindrance. Although it suits my current situation just fine, it was a bit rigid when I worked in a three-person team.

• Reviewed on 12/9/2018
Yan C.
UX Designer
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/1/2019

"Great product"

Comments: My company hasn't fitted the bill to have Realtimenboard (RTB) work with our Atlassian suite, so I won't know the full extent of what this interaction looks like. We use links to reference disparate applications. So while this isn't a con, it is a reality that a lot of us find workarounds for. For example, I use Sketch to create static prototypes and on the first page I create an art board for a workflow. Depending on the depth of the workflow and the number of licenses available for our company on RTB, I will opt to create my flowchart within the native Sketch application. Doing workflows within Sketch is cumbersome and not ideal :(

Pros: I primarily use this for creating workflows and Sprint Design Meetings. The versatility in the tool is very handy and the potential for this application to integrate with others is very handy.

Cons: I had some trouble trying to figure out the hierarchy within Realtimeboard (RTB). Such as the relationship with the nomenclature of "Team", "Project", "Board". Another scenario I spent time wondering about was, what is the ideal scenario was for archived boards? There are other small things I would like to see different, but I don't know if this is because I'm not a super user or if my concerns are valid.

• Reviewed on 30/1/2019
Co-Founder
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/9/2019

"The BEST visual planning tool ever"

Comments: The best tool to plan and organize things visually.

Pros: Miro is so flexible. I can plan and organize almost anything visually. The recent addition of the Kanban board makes the tool complete.

Cons: Sometimes, there are hiccups when navigating around the canvas. Other than that, the tool is simply amazing

• Reviewed on 29/9/2019
Venture Capitalist & Founder
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/9/2020

"Miro is the best digital whiteboard"

Pros: The degree to which the user can zoom out and have multiple areas of productivity.

Cons: Ideally the templates would be available for selection on mobile and other devices.

• Reviewed on 15/9/2020
Marco L.
Product Owner
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/6/2019

"I love it"

Comments: I can't live without Miro :)
I use it to plan my IT-Projects, starting with Business-Canvas, brainstorm ideas, pin screens, create wireframes, work on storymaps and organizing meetings (e.g. Retrospectives).
The whole Miro-Team is doing a great job. I'm looking forward to see more features, which will help me doing my job.

Pros: - RealTime
- Many many templates
- Quality
- Endless space
- easy to use
- Available on all devices

Cons: If the boards are getting bigger, sometimes it takes some time to load the board.

• Reviewed on 27/6/2019
Daniel C.
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2017

"Simple and easy to use. Collaborating with team members is incredibly easy."

Comments: It helped me visually collaborate with my team of designers and clients, making revision processes infinitely faster.

Pros: Regular updates.
Being able to create tons of separate boards and share with team people is great.
Being able to comment on specific boards is amazing.
Being able to collaberate with team members and clients is great!

Cons: Boards with a lot of content may be slow in some cases, making the attached media slow to display. But this does not affect the user experience.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2017
Justin C.
Technology Integration Specialist
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/3/2019

"Great for educators & students!"

Comments: As an educator I have found RealtimeBoard to be beneficial to my work life. I am able to take notes that not only help me to remember what in the world I was doing, but it makes it look good!

Pros: I have been using RealtimeBoard as a visual note taking resource. It greatly helps to collect thoughts and ideas in ways you couldn't with just a basic word processing program. Pair it with a touch screen device, and boom! Magic!

Cons: One of the largest flaws can sometimes me the menu style system. Often I find I have to reach across the screen to access something that should be available closer to where I am currently writing.

• Reviewed on 8/3/2019
Josemaria B.
Consultant
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/5/2020

"An impressive online collaboration board that's perfect for teams"

Comments: Miro is an impressive visual collaboration team that should be a staple tool among organizations who love to brain storm, or apply design thinking principles.

Pros: Miro boasts of a plethora of features to aid you in visual collaboration. You can use lines, post-its, text box, and shapes to communicate and build a collaborative framework. The 'frame' feature is perhaps the most useful, as it allows you to group the elements placed on the board. The grouped elements in the frame can all be moved together, so you don't have to worry about the hassle of moving each piece.

Cons: When I was using Miro in Chrome, zooming in and out via my mouse was not working. Instead, I had to use a navigation map or box. On Safari, I had no issues with the software.

• Reviewed on 30/5/2020
Kyle C.
Brand Manager
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/2/2019

"There is Likely None Better!"

Comments: I would love to see more templates for note taking, and creative ways to design layouts.

Pros: It's free. You can add as much as you want to a single board with basically infinite space, all for free. The software is on any device! And actually works beautifully on the apps just as it does on desktop. The integrations and apps it works with is super convenient, especially if your work is already based on the web. I manage mobile apps and websites, the wireframes and screenshots are very nice! Being able to add my team to work in a board with me is crucial. Basically this is everything I have ever needed.

Cons: The templates and starting up from scratch can be a bit complicated. Unless you already have a visual idea of how you want things to look, you might get overwhelmed and end up with a messy board-space. TBH... I'm not a fan of the name realtimeboard ;)

• Reviewed on 8/2/2019
Teresa F.
Service Designer
  • Reviewed on 4/2/2021

"Great tool for visual thinkers and remote collaboration in creative projects"

Comments: I have been using Miro since it was called Realtime Board, and it has been useful in a wide variety of projects - from collaborating with teams remotely, to organizing solo projects, to teaching online Design classes. It is very useful for those of us who are visual thinkers and whose process pre-pandemic involved whiteboards and sticky notes, but aren't able to use those physical tools now. I feel like the baseline subscription is too expensive for a small company, as for my own personal projects, so I am using the free version. I struggle with the fact that the quality of export files (jpg, png, pdf, ...) is quite low without a paid subscription. I will be switching to Mural, in order to compare both.

Pros: It makes collaborating remotely on creative projects a lot easier. I appreciate the variety in customizable templates, which are usually suited for my projects.

Cons: I feel like the baseline subscription is quite expensive for small teams. The free version lacks a lot in the quality of export files.

• Reviewed on 4/2/2021
Michael S.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2018

"Fantastic tool for idea gathering!"

Pros: I've been using RealtimeBoard for close to two years and it has become an integral tool for our design team. Simple, intuitive, fluid and powerful. The variety of templates included can be a great starting point for many project. Many of them have even given our team ideas of how to gather information more effectively. Honestly, I can't recommend this software any more and felt it necessary to sing some praises when due.

Cons: Wish the sticky recognizer would extract text and create an app native sticky instead of cutting out the image lol. I'm half teasing. The fact that it actually recognizes stickies is quite impressive ;)

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2018
Scientist
Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/8/2020

"Great whiteboard tool"

Comments: Great collaboration tool that allows for creativity and flexibility. Highly recommend.

Pros: I love this program. My team uses it as a digital whiteboard for process improvement meetings, and it has tons of options to support that. The basics are easy to grasp, such as using sticky notes for process mapping, and placing basic shapes or text on the board. It’s cool that it lets you see who is editing what. It’s accessible, but also gets pretty in depth in terms of tools available - for example, it has a “quick vote” tool where you can have team members vote on ideas on sticky notes, and the amount of votes and time you give each person is changeable.

Cons: The only con for me is that some of the functions are not immediately obvious. I’ve found myself saying “I had no idea I could do that” more than once when I first started using the program. This is kind of a good thing, because it does have a lot of features, and most of them can be figured out by clicking around enough. There are also tutorials available, so this is a nitpick more than anything.

• Reviewed on 29/8/2020
Anne M.
Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 9/2/2019

"using Realtime Board has allowed me to go paperless - its wonderful!"

Comments: Fabulous support processes and people, they are responsive and can hand-off to multiple resources. Great support!

Pros: Its ability to put any type of document, text, image, onto the board and scale it dynamically and then work your project chronologically

Cons: It's hard to learn about all the features - there is so much you can do but it's not easy to learn without doing lots of playing with it.

• Reviewed on 9/2/2019
Hamza L.
Experience Design Consultant/ RTL Localization Expert
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/10/2018

"Can't start a project without it"

Pros: I tried different sort of Mind mapping/ notes/ boards tools, none of them works like RealtimeBoard. Zero learning curve, Fast, tons of features/add-ons and Integrations as well as great templates to help you get to focus more on the work itself. The collaboration aspect is a big plus for teams!

Cons: Needs more work on the video/audio quality for conferences.

• Reviewed on 1/10/2018
Miguel C.
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2019

"Best planning tool."

Comments: I start almost every plan in miro.

Pros: Is easy to set up your ideas. Super easy to connect and drag any point to be reconfigured in your plan.

Cons: I would like to have it a little more low price.

• Reviewed on 26/10/2019
Todd K.
BA / PM
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/1/2019

"Perfect for teams of people in different locations!"

Comments: Anytime you contact support, they are super responsive, professional and helpful. Not that you will have to contact support that often!

Pros: Flexibility. Templates. Integrated with JIRA. Fantastic simultaneous accessibility and usability-- great for collaborating.

Cons: Billing model. Wish it were more like Atlassian's where you can buy blocks of users (e.g., 20, 50, 100 etc.).

• Reviewed on 17/1/2019
Freek D.
Productowner
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/8/2018

"Great tool for me and my productteam"

Pros: Bringing over your ideas can sometimes be a hassle, especially when it comes down to the communication between me and my IT team. After trying several real time tools, I came along realtimeboard. This real time whiteboard gives me the possibility to share my ideas with my team; working efficiently and making sure everyone is on the same page. The visuals are easily added and the notes you can add enable you to share ideas with everyone.

Cons: Could have more application integrations. Also easy table creation or other design tools that could help structure your ideas would be nice

• Reviewed on 14/8/2018