Filter by:

• Overall

About Acuity Scheduling

Automate your client bookings, cancellations, reminders & payments using the worlds friendliest online scheduling software.

Learn more about Acuity Scheduling

Showing 5,001 reviews

Jai S.
Owner in Australia
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Minimal look and maximum features

5 last month New

Comments: Overall I love the functionality, design and integrations.
I appreciate the option to create unique and short URLs for my business' booking system and further unique URLs for different appointment types.
It doesn't matter if I am having a conversation on the phone, messages or email, I can send the link of a specific appointment type to the clients and let them pick a time convenient for them.
With other alternate software, it is hard to remember the URLs so AS is a clear winner.

Pros:

I love the look. It's clean, sharp and very easy to sync with your branding. I have been using it for over a year and never had any issue with it, notifications, email reminders for clients, syncing with different personal and work calendars, accepting payments for appointment bookings.

Cons:

Lack of free version. Sometimes I wish they had a free version with reduced features for clients who need an online booking system but expect only 5 bookings per month. $14 is a bit too much for them so they usually go with Calendly.

Alternatives Considered: Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: I love the minimal design of Acuity Scheduling to start with but after using it for over a year, and working with Calendly on behalf of my clients, I would suggest anyone to go for Acuity Scheduling if the booking system plays a substantial role in running your business and you can afford to spend a little extra as compared to other options.

Mike S.
Director in New Zealand
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

Unsuitable if certainty and speed are required

2 2 years ago

Comments: The interface is not suitable for use in a fast-paced customer-facing environment, where certainty and speed are required. We are switching to an alternative appointment scheduling provider.

Pros:

The ability to set different hours for certain appointment types via calendar service groups. This enables a high degree of customization of the calendar settings for each staff member and appointment type, which I have not seen in other SAAS appointment scheduling offerings. Merging duplicated clients is a breeze and simply requires the misspelled record to be corrected.

Cons:

Calendar views are poorly formatted, difficult to navigate and inconsistent across platforms. Our default view is weekly, which frequently displays only 6 days and skips a week when navigating to the following week. Calendars do not consistently align in columns in the daily view, resulting in confusion when determining a therapist's availability. Booking errors are common, which projects unprofessionalism and results in a tedious in-store experience for the customer. The apps are bug-ridden with very poorly designed views that are unusable. The ipad app frequently displays no customers and requires the user to log out and back in to function. Little or no user acceptance testing has be done here

Alternatives Considered: TimeTap, Appointy, vcita, SimplyBook.me, 10to8, Fresha, Setmore, Ovatu and Vagaro

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: The number of reviews

Sally P.
Pilates instructor in UK

Delighted with Acuity

5 3 months ago

Comments: It has streamlined my booking system and allows me to have one calendar for all my various work settings. The online booking system looks good and has been popular with clients. I have had less no shows due to iCal invites and appointment reminders. I love
It!

Pros:

Most scheduling software I looked at was complicated and tried to channel my set up in ways I didn’t want it to go (eg class passes, buying credits in advance, insisting on online payments). I am a Pilates instructor and just wanted a simple way for clients to book into classes and for me book 121 appointments - and then have this all on one place. Acuity is absolutely perfect as it’s really adaptable, gloriously simple, but looks professional. I love the fact it has no complex add ons but just does what it needs to, really well.

Cons:

There are some differences between using the app and online which took a while to get used to (for instance, removing clients from a class on the app is really easy, but more complicated on the web version!). I would like to be able to book clients into multiple classes in one go, as some people will block book 6weeks at a time.

Alternatives Considered: Omnify and My PT Hub

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: It was expensive and I only used some of the features, it also didn’t sync to my calendar and made it difficult to contact clients outside of their own messaging service.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: I didn’t need all the more complex features, Acuity does exactly what I need at a really good price.

Benjamin A.
Owner in US
Photography, 2-10 Employees

Acuity for Photographers is a Must-have

5 5 months ago

Comments: Acuity scheduling has changed how i run my business in that it makes booking appointments super easy. I'm able to add an embedded link on my website and convert customers immediately. They can book an appointment with us without having to go back and forth through text or phone calls. My assistant is able to book appointments or even send direct links to our appointments to our clients and the client will book and pay on the spot without having to go back and forth in an email.

Pros:

I love that i'm able to make appointments with buffers before and after the appointment so our calendar will be properly scheduled to prevent rushed or back-to-back appointments. I also like that if you were to make add-ons to your service, that the add-ons can also have their own time adjustment so you have enough time at your appointment to properly serve your clients

Cons:

i don't like that i can just make a quick event and send it in an email like calendly, but to be honest, that's only important for zoom and phone appointments to gather details from a client. I've been able to manage without that feature because that feature isn't the most important to our business. but that's just a dislike i had since i'm required to provide a dislike

Stavros S.
Stavros S.
Wedding Officiant in US
Events Services, Self Employed

Acuity Scheduling Is A Super Trifecta In The Appointment Scheduling Application Platform

5 last year

Comments: My overall experience was outstanding. I cannot say anything negative about this platform as it really delivered all the bells and whistles that you want in an appointment scheduling application.

Pros:

The top features for me were the ability to have a client make a "reservation, appointment, booking" that is dated more than 1 year from the current day. Many competitors have a restriction on future bookings which only allow you to make a booking within the next 365 days. In my industry, dealing with Weddings, future ability to make a reservation 2 or even 3 years from the current day is crucial. The number 2 feature that I believe is underrated and is very important in many industries is the fact that appointment add-on's such as a time extension or a same-day rehearsal, Acuity was one of the only that took that specific booking and reflected that overall appointment time into my future availability. Not all applications factor in "add-on's" into the future appointment availability which can cause problems in servicing other clients who now have an opportunity to schedule the service even though you the provider might not be available. Another great feature is that Guests who pay for the service in full have the ability to give you a tip. (which is a rare feature among. these appointment application solutions.)

Cons:

The only cons are that even their top tier level plans which go for approximately $45/ month still do not come with phone support. While setting up your account is quite streamlined and simple. I still have a personal opinion on those applications that cost a specific amount per month should provide phone support. I would like to note that their email support was on point and did respond better than some other competitors I have used in the past.

Alternatives Considered: vcita

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: The platform was not as user-friendly as you would want. The cost of simply book.me was even greater.

Switched From: vcita

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: I chose Acuity because of the simple, user-friendly platform that the application is built on. It provided significant features that the competitors simply lacked. Acuity allows you to customize its platform without the application overtaking your website as Vcita does. Acuity gave someone like my business at Weddings a much more meaningful experience rather than some of the competitors. In my industry, my clients are not really going to be future clients so the features that some of the platforms advertise excessively simply do not affect me. With that said, if anyone is on the line of whether Acuity would fit their needs- do not think twice. Acuity is a thoroughbred in this appointment scheduling application platform.

Jeannette scharning N.
CEO in Norway
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

I will recommend Acuity Scheduling! Yet, please create a live chat for getting help. Thank you!

5 2 years ago

Comments: I am very new to Acuity Scheduling. And so I have just put it on a very new website. Yet I am convinced this will make customer service much easier, swift and allow me to focus on my work to a larger extent. Thank you for creating Acuity Scheduling.

Pros:

I really like Acuity Scheduling. It is accessible to implement and use for everyone. Acuity scheduling is easy to integrate in wordpress. Makes it to upload photos and color code offers. Payments are easily integrated. I am not an IT expert. Yet figured how to get Acuity scheduling to work. And will absolutely recommend Acuity Scheduling.

Cons:

Finding help should be easier. I do recommend that you have a direct chat for getting help. I think you should have online chat availability. It is much better flow to be able to get a responce whilst working on the site. I am new to IT [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Have taught myself to create the site, hosting, webregistration, branding. I find that both Bluetooths and Namecheap's customer services - support - are better. If you have a problem someone is there to respond immediately. I do know that it is probably a lot to ask. Yet a chat is preferable. If you cannot keep it open 24/7. Then at least for the hours that you reply to customers. I think you need to get your live chat in place. If someone copies your product and has a live chat option for help, I am afraid you risk loosing a lot of clients. Time is limited. And flow in terms of getting help is key. Also getting the replies to what you actually need is much easier to get when you chat. To wait for a day or two for a reply is really not a good solution. It stops the flow. Good to get flow when working on getting a scheduling system in place. I will still recommend Acuity Scheduling.

Mylah S.
Cosmetologist in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

My’Lah’s Acuity Review

4 2 years ago

Comments: I haven’t had a bad overall experience with Acuity Scheduling. The app is very handy, it is efficient, it is customizable and made by me for me, and it is very confident for my clients.

Pros:

Acuity Scheduling is a great app! It is very convenient and has everything I need to make booking less complicated for my clients and easy for me to keep up with clients, dates, and prices. My favorite part of the app is that it gives me the space to customize my booking information. I can pick my choice of font, background colors, font colors, I can bullet point, and have all types of fun to make my booking app feel like my own and stand out from others. I love that the app sends confirmation emails with EVERYTHING my clients need to know which saves me time from having to send out messages and emails and constantly changing things.

Cons:

What I don’t like about the app is that clients are only allowed to book (via Instagram or the link) using a paid plan. I feel that clients should be able to book through all social media platforms using the Acuity link whether the business owner has a paid plan or not, and that some app functions should be limited and only accessed by those who pay for it.

Alternatives Considered: Square Appointments

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: Square Appointments was a little difficult for me, it didn’t give me the option to accept deposits from my clients, it only allowed them to pay full price or to hold their card. I also didn’t like that I couldn’t customize my booking information and I had a limited amount of space to type. Though I did like that the Square Appointments software was 100% free, and you did not have to pay for your clients to book online/on social media.

Switched From: Square Appointments

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: It gave me more freedom and a better space to be me. It offered more services and a better booking space.

Isis G.
Director in Canada
Music, 2-10 Employees

Acuity simplified my life in a BIG way!

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have solved setting up appointments, group class sign ups, managing wait lists, performance sign ups, volunteer sign ups, accurate meeting confirmation emails, collecting data from my customers when they sign up and so much more!

Pros:

Once we started using this platform for booking appointments and classes for our music conference, I quickly realized that I could use it for the other music school I worked at as well as for myself for my podcast bookings. The more I use it, the more I realize how much time it has truly saved me from going back and forth emailing people, sending erroneous information out and my favourite part is that the people signing up for things have control of their bookings to change and modify without my help. It's taken so much administrative time off my plate. Honestly, it's been a huge win for a small business owner with a small team. The 1-1 meeting scheduler is by far the best and easiest I've seen.

Cons:

The only thing I wish Acuity had, is a group class attendance list that isn't just a file download that I can share with others like my class assistants and interns in real time without sharing a login with them. This feature would make my life even better. But the way it is now, is still functional and totally useful for small businesses. The other feature I wish there was is Payment plans for large program packages.

Alternatives Considered: WellnessLiving

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: Acuity was easier to set up, nicer to look at and just all around a better deal!

Switched From: Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: Wellnessliving does not allow you to collect user information on intake forms which is really silly for a program that robust otherwise. We do use both in one of my businesses because they have different strengths like payment plans.

Patrick M.
Founder/Teacher in US

My new favorite

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have had this idea to create my company for years, now that I am pressing all the buttons and actually firing it up - Acuity has given me access to templates that make my ideas not only possible but also WAY more efficient. For instance, I knew there would be a way to create linked classes over consecutive weeks - but i did not know it would be so easy to set them up. Thanks, Acuity!

Pros:

I found Acuity through word of mouth - others were using it as an integration with MailChimp - I am very pleased with the robust help section as well as the step by step guides offered. Though still a newbie, the straightforward design and easy to follow directions make me feel like I made a good choice and that the folks who make Acuity seem to know that us small business owners have enough on our hands so making it easy for us to streamline as many workflows as possible while not skimping on design is a huge plus.

Cons:

This is not a slam, but its a little like every time you open Safari and its like - DO YOU WANT THIS TO BE YOUR DEFAULT? - no, safari, i don't. but i am using SquareSpace, MailChimp, and Acuity - and i wish i could click a button and just not see all the competing options with what I am already using? I have committed to CRM elsewhere and wish i could hide it in Acuity - this is not really against Acuity though as literally every site does this....

Alternatives Considered: Calendly, SimplyBook.me and Doodle

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: I tried it. I never loved it. The name is cute but it ended up being more confusing for me when potential clients would book, but then cancel... Acuity seems more straightforward in their automated communications.

Switched From: Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: Word of mouth and integration with Mailchimp was very easy

Jay W.
COO in US
Photography, 2-10 Employees

Easily solved our complex Photography Studio schedule.

5 2 years ago

Comments: We love Acuity and cannot see ever moving away from it. Not only does it manage our booking and syncing with Google Calendar, but it also integrates with our CRM Pipedrive. We use it both on the computer and mobile application while out of the studio with clients which has made booking incredibly easy and no longer a frustration. On top of that, our no-shows have plummeted due to the automation reminder text messages and emails. Something we never had implemented prior to Acuity and now couldn't live without. With how busy everybody is anymore, reminders are so helpful and really make a huge difference so we don't get stuck waiting on a client who forgot to show up.

Pros:

We love the ability for clients to schedule themselves, and once we got everything sorted out with how to logistically set up our schedule to account for how our business runs, it has solved so many issues and problems of knowing when to schedule a client. The ability to assign resources and set the availability for those resources is really the best part. For almost any client-heavy industry this is a key feature which allows you to maximize your client load in an orderly fashion. We wen't from thinking our schedule was maxed out, to realizing we had the ability to expand our schedule over 50% thus increasing our bottom line.

Cons:

If you have no worked with a scheduling software before, there is a learning curve. We used Acuity for well over 9 months before figuring out how to really utilize this tool to maximize our studio schedule. Granted, the help and support Acuity offers is amazing, but I tend to DIY most things until I get stuck. By reaching out for help and support when you get stuck, the only minor frustration is easily mitigated and goes away quickly.

Alternatives Considered: Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: For us, Acuity just seemed like a better product to start with and grow with. Seemed like more of a robust solution that we would never need to replace. Nothing against other solutions on the market, but Acuity is exactly what we needed to manage our crazy busy studio.

Sarah W.
Office Administrator in US

Amazing. Seriously. If I could give more than 5 stars for customer support I totally would.

5 3 years ago

Comments: Ability to seamlessly manage multiple calendars, have ready access to calendar, client details and historical data, and access information remotely, but also securely!

Pros:

I was looking for software that A) Had the ability to seamlessly coordinate shared appointments across multiple calendars B) was REALLY easy to use and C) was HIPAA compliant. I couldn't easily find the dual calendar feature, and contacted customer support before I moved on, their executive was AWESOME. He understood my question (not easy!), pointed me in the right direction, set up the behind-the-scenes setting that I needed, was super helpful, and made me laugh. I've had a month to play with the software, and I'm really appreciating the features and ease of use. We don't use any of the customer-interfacing portion of the software, nor have we dabbled yet in the integrating of billing, but the core client/calendar management features have been SO great. I also really love the corporate culture of Acuity. Their on-screen prompts, quirky sense of humor, and human element (go read the bios of the employees), make me want to be part of their team. And their commitment to super-serve their clients made me feel like I was the most important client in the world, even though I was just one tiny little trial client checking them out. Finally, no matter how much I liked the product or the company, it would have been a dead-end if I couldn't ensure HIPAA compliance for our data protection and client confidentiality. Great features, robust security, and amazing support - all I need now are flowers and chocolate!

Cons:

Well, apart from the fact that the one required feature I need (HIPAA compliant security) is only available at the highest paid level (regardless of what other features you may need), there's only one software challenge I've encountered. The daily calendar - where I can see one or all of the individual or shared calendars, is very useful - I can easily see open appointments as white space, so "at a glance" I can see what is available in an individual's calendar. The WEEKLY view, however, condenses the days' calendars, so it only shows the currently filled appointments and removing white space, making it difficult to visualize open appointments across multiple providers' calendars at one time. I have partially overcome this by creating color coded appointments for each provider (even though it's the same service), so that i can at least see quickly the volume of appointments by color. But the weekly calendar really only works effectively for me when looking at one provider's calendar at a time. There may be a way to customize the weekly view that I have not yet discovered, or a way to color-code the calendars rather than the appointments, worth an email to Shane in customer support, but regardless, not a deal breaker for me!

Grace D.
Lab Manager in US

Most flexibility/features, without compromising the simplicity of scheduling for clients.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

On the hunt for a 'good' scheduling software I tried out many free trials, and among those Acuity stood out. Acuity seemed to be the only software I could find that allowed me to customize different appointment types to my needs, without compromising the ease of use for my clients (e.g., simplicity and ease of use). I was able customize my automated reminders/confirmation emails AND text messages for each appointment type which was not available with all softwares (text message reminders, personally, has greatly decreased 'no shows'). The confirmation emails and reminders also have a re-scheduling button, which helped the hassle of dealing with rescheduling emails. Another selling point was the ability to sync Acuity to google calendar. On the user side, this allowed me to set availability based on my google calendar availability, and also see my appointment in google calendar. For clients, there confirmation email allowed them to add their appointment to google calendar. In summer here are other reasons why I chose Acuity: client scheduling is ascetically pleasing and super simple, ability to create multiple different appointment types with different features (e.g., intake forms, availability, duration, reminders ect.). This review is based of the feature I needed from Acuity, although Acuity has other really great features I plan on someday taking advantage of such as Rooms and Resources---great aspect to the software.

Cons:

The overall con of the software is I found there to be a slight learning curve. Personally, I would say I am pretty tech-savvy and have some programming experience, so scheduling software should be pretty straight forward. However, I did run in to some trouble when creating appointments. Here are some examples: there seems to be a couple ways to set a particular setting such as the start time of the appointment and the amount of clients who can schedule the same appointment--both can be set in the calendar availability and specific appointment type availability (wonder which setting overrides the other??), still have not figured out how to have different appointment types on the same calendar with the same availability that CAN BE be scheduled at the same time without being considered 'over-booking' (solved this by adding appointment types to different calendars in Acuity), customer support pages videos seemed to be based on a later version of the Acuity so are not very helpful. I also have a suggestion based on the intake forms--The forms are useful, and a good feature but it would be nice if the form included some display logic like other survey platforms. For example, I ask clients if they would like to receive cash or gift card compensation. If the participant chooses gift card I would like another question to display that asks if they would like a gift card for amazon or wawa.

Andy A.
IT Project Manager in Canada
Libraries, 11-50 Employees

AS - Great free scheduling/appointment website with a bit extra, especially if you're willing to pay

5 5 years ago

Comments: I was hired on to provide free technology tutoring/help to the public through my public libraries. I needed something where I could schedule myself and others between multiple locations easily and in a way that I could see who I've got when. Traditionally they used paper signup sheets and or calendars and maybe a personal digital calendar or something but nothing fancy and totally manual. As a techy, I hated this idea and decided to look for a website that could help me automate the signup process. I originally tried Google Forms to gather bulk answers like "what's your name" and "what do you want tech help with" and "when do you want to book your time" and it was ok, but Google doesn't have scheduling built in and I needed to use third party add-ons which then had full access to my google drive and even then it didn't work very well at all, it was a pain for me, the customer, and the library staff who needed to be able to confirm appointments. So I went searching for websites that would do a better job and I found quite a few, picked some that looked good (many were obviously not going to work for what I wanted/needed) and signed up for 4 or 5 sites. I thought I found one that was great, I was using it for a short while but then kept running into issues and the support wasn't great. I decided to start testing out my second pick, AS, and at first it seemed a little to easy, but then I found some of the extra options and realized how they have the site setup and from there it's been good. I'm quite picky and demanding at times, even when I know there's something a system can't or won't do, I'll still ask the support team if we can do it and ask for work-arounds etc. to do something similar, partly so they know it's something people want. The support here is great (unless you work weekends, that's the only reason I removed a star) even though they're e-mail only (again, as a techy I don't mind) they do respond quite quickly. It's a small team but over 50% of staff is customer service based on their website. I've been told that the top 2 paid accounts get live chat support as well, but again only on the weekend. I have no need to accept payment but again I did need multiple "calendars " for each location, however, there is another way around that if you don't mind a couple of things being shared, which in my case is not an issue at all, so I was able to do everything for free. I can see it being VERY useful at a business level with a paid account. Thanks.

Pros:

That I can do almost everything for free. It's also easy to use. And the staff are really nice and helpful. And they have decent promos on now and then it seems (like for writing a honest review).

Cons:

No weekend support. Also, to get multiple calendars, I need to pay :( That won't be a con for most people but in my situation it was.

Natasha W.
Consultant in US
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

Great Scheduling Service!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Acuity Scheduling continues to improve. It helps my business to run smoother because I do not worry about sending appointment reminders, sending payment requests, or following up with clients. The software does it for me. I am able to block out time slots when I'm busy and add in time when I need a buffer after each client. Acuity Scheduling is fantastic for consultants, entrepreneurs, teachers, life coaches, and freelancers.

Pros:

-I can embed my schedule on my website. -Acuity gives me a personal link per my schedule and/or per each service. I am able to send the direct link to clients. -It is easy to set-up, and Acuity allows for multiple calendars and multiple services. -I can group my services and offer add-ons for an additional cost. -Acuity sends reminders to my clients, confirmation emails, and a thank you note to my clients. -It syncs well with PayPal and Stripe to accept payment from external vendors. -It also allows me to make packages, gift certificates, and coupons to offer to clients. -Acuity is very customizable; I can input my logo and change the colors on my calendar to indicate certain services and times. -When clients book, I can include a form that I would like for them to complete before submitting the booking, which allows for me to ensure that they read my terms and conditions and to ensure that they are a great fit for my business. -The mobile app is just as great.

Cons:

-The free subscriber options are limited. You will have to pay to get the full service, but you cannot pay to add-on single aspects of a service.

Mike N.
President in US
Music, 2-10 Employees

Vital software for my business

5 12 months ago

Comments: Overall, i'm pleased with Acuity and i rely on it daily. If it went away my business would definitely suffer.

Pros:

Acuity is easy to set up and even easier to use. It integrates seamlessly (and impressively) with my calendar and that of my employees. My customers love the calendar invites and text reminders. Drag-and-drop rescheduling is so easy.

Cons:

1) Acuity's reports are junk. At least i can export to Excel and get everything i need, but not within the app. They need to look at their competitors to see what they do; TimeTap's reports are beautiful, but that wasn't enough to get me to go with them. 2) Customer service is so minimal as to be nearly nonexistent. They say that's how they keep their prices low, but it's not very helpful. Even having a human rep available by email would be a perk.

Alternatives Considered: TimeTap

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: Acuity has more features, it's easier to work, and looks better.

Jasmine W.
Jasmine W.
Founder in US

Make the switch!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, I LOVE Acuity and will continue to use it to grow my business and keep organized!

Pros:

Acuity offers excellent customization for all your scheduling needs. I love that even their Free Plan offers multiple 'event types'. I also LOVE the payment and video conference integrations. I personally connect my Acuity to PayPal and Zoom. When I have a paid consultation, the client pays me ahead of time as soon as they book their meeting on Acuity, and gets their Zoom meeting information instantly.

Cons:

I wish the email confirmations were more customizable to better suit my brand. Even something as little as emojis (only certain ones work) would make all the difference! Also, on the free plan, you aren't able to connect to your Google Calendar. This means if you have any non-Acuity events or don't update your Acuity availability immediately, there is a chance of double booking. I've had this happen to me twice.

Nicole B.
Photography and Creative coach in Australia
Photography, Self Employed

ACUITY SCHEDULING SOFTWARE IS A GAME CHANGER FOR MY BUSINESS

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall the benefits are absolutely huge. I am not the most organised person naturally, and also find it exhausting doing all the one on oner scheduling and the endless phone calls. Acuity takes all that out of the occasion and immediately informs me on my phone if there is a booking. It integrates with so many other progrannes that i need to use to run a successful business. I am fairly new to Acuity, but after researching Acuity it is a must have for me. I am totally excited about how much time I can save and love the professionalism and seamless user experience for the client

Pros:

I have recently started using Click Funnels to help market my photography. I also have another business as a Life Coach, so I needed something powerful and user friendly for me to manage all the appointments. I had originally trialled Calendly, but felt frustrated by some of its limitations. I also just finished rebranding on a premium Wix website and love the way you can seamlessly embed Acuity into my site. Once you have it set up, you are then able to enjoy some fantastic time saving features where there's no toing and froing with clients on the phone and many other automations that are huge timers. I absolutely love the way Acuity works with you to help an emerging business block out periods of time as you build up your clientele. This makes you look busier than you are and prospective clients think you are busy and in demand.

Cons:

Initially it was a bit of a learning curve for me to set up, but it starts to make sense quite quickly. I had a fairly detailed set up, including all my different services and also making sure i embedded my terms and conditions that had to be ticked off before booking. It is also reasonably priced for what it offers, but annoyingly our Australian dollar is so weak at the moment that i couldn't pay a year in advance and save. At least that option is available as your business grows.

Robert D.
Online English Teacher in UK
E-Learning, Self Employed

Wish I'd found this much sooner, just the ticket!

5 last year

Comments: I was looking for something very similar to what I'm already using, but with a few specific extra features that it seems crazy to me aren't available. I wanted a reasonable monthly price, the ability to share a direct link to my booking page on social media via a link, integration with google calendar so I don't get a load of double-bookings and the ability to set a maximum number of appointments per day. Acuity has all of that and more.

Pros:

Once you've spent a little bit of time getting to grips with the interface, it's super easy to set up. I'm an online ESL teacher working for several third party sites, and the acuity scheduler is very similar to what I've seen before. This is a plus, as it means I'm already familiar with the basic concepts and it didn't take me too long to figure out where everything was and how it works. Not only that, Acuity fixes a lot of the main gripes I had with the platforms I'm already using i.e. lack of integration with other apps, inability to set a maximum for the number of appt. per day etc. I'd tried out a few other apps of this kind in the past (the usual suspects, I won't name them here), but found they were either too expensive or lacking specific features that it seemed obvious to me needed including. Hooray for Acuity!

Cons:

There is a bit of a learning curve at the start, I imagine more so if this is your first time using this kind of software, but considering how much easier it's going to make things moving forward I think it's more than worth the initial effort. There are a number of very detailed and helpful tutorial videos provided anyway to help users get started. It took me perhaps an afternoon to get through them.

Kristina K.
Brand Creator in Canada
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

Amazing organizational and scheduling tool

5 last year

Comments: I was having issues trying to find an online scheduling software that allowed me to play with it until I got used to it. After trying multiple and all of them missing simple and key features (such as more than one appointment type) I had a friend recommdn Acuity Scheduling and I was excited from the start! I am only waiting until I have more clients coming in to use the software and will be transferring over to paid plans immediately!

Pros:

I love how easy it was to create everything I needed. Although I am only using the free version, for now, it has almost everything that I want in it and it has been amazing playing around with it. I am also able to use the software to test some of my appointments and it's so easy to edit every appointment type and intake form!

Cons:

There is nothing I don't like about this. I have no experience with the paid plans or customer service yet, but from what I've heard from the person who recommended it, there is nothing to complain there either and the prices seem more than reasonable to me for what is advertised.

Julie F.
Owner/Travel Advisor/Attorney in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees

Game changing scheduling software

5 11 months ago

Comments: I have enjoyed having Acuity scheduler as part of my suite of business tools. Had a few questions in the beginning and customer service was quick and responsive. Having scheduling software has made a big difference in my business-my customers are more respectful of my time and I believe they also are more respectful of my business overall.

Pros:

I really love Acuity--very easy to set up and integrate with my website and social media pages. Also easy to share with clients. And, I Iove that I can include a questionnaire when clients make appointments with me so I am better prepared for our call.

Cons:

I wish it had the texting reminder capability at a lower price point. Other than that, no complaints!

Alternatives Considered: Calendly

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: I just heard too many good things about Acuity from other people that I respect, so why frustrate myself down the road--just did the free trial with them

Switched From: Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: see above--too many people telling me Acuity was better, and now I enjoy having the client questionnaire as a part of my appointment scheduler.

Joe R.
Personal Trainer in UK

Acuity For Group PT Bookings

5 2 years ago

Comments: Acuity saves me money whilst handling all my appointment (session) booking needs with a solution that’s easy for me and my clients to use.

Pros:

The app is seriously convenient; easy and smooth to use. Although acuity isn’t actually designed for the kind of bookings I use it for, it’s so flexible and adaptive that it works perfectly for my business. Although I’m a technophobe I’ve managed to set everything up on my own, without even having to contact support. It’s easy for my clients to use, including multiple bookings in no time at all and looks smooth from their end.

Cons:

It may just be me, but it seems a little bit tricky to delete individual appointments but I’ve only tried through the app and I think you may have to use a desktop to delete. An app for my clients to use would be great, instead they have to follow a link to book and login every time.

Switched From: PTminder

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: It seemed easier to set up (which it is) and much more flexible.

Marien S.
Owner in US
Hospitality, Self Employed

Keeps me on track!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Acuity is great! It is like everything you need to learn how to use it and then is all good. It has a system that us user friendly only when you have done the research to educate yourself. It is no drag and drop kind of software but after trying a few different ones I really like this one.

Pros:

I love that I can get pay through it. I have a store on my website and i wanted to add some services but couldn't get paid through my store because of automated emails of other products and acuity saved the day!

Cons:

no people to chat with online or over the phone. and that the buttons on the emails can't be deleted even thou it says you can, I always have issues with that not working.

Alternatives Considered: Booker

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: I was recommended to use acuity and I gave it a try and I liked it.

Switched From: Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: Other people I know use it so I trusted their opinion and choice.

Sarah S.
Tattoo Artist in US
Fine Art, Self Employed

This is honestly the best

5 last year

Comments: Ive used some other scheduling apps before and they were very expensive and not as organized as acuity is - I loves how simple yet veryyyy organized and neat Acuity is- This app literallyyy does it all for you !

Pros:

I lovvveee how you can set up multiple appointments... How you can send out reminders, confirmations and even an email weeks later to see how the appointment went for your client

Cons:

I wish the calendar would show a whole week at a time instead of a day at a time (You can look at the whole month if you wanted to though)

Alternatives Considered: Bookedin

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: Too expensive, not at organized, wasn't working too well, I didnt like the lay out , it had less features than acuity

Switched From: Bookedin

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: It was wayyy cheaper, organized, neat, Fit my company layout sooooo well , Covers everything that ive been needing to fully satisfy my clients for booking appointments

Gabriele C.
sole trader in Australia
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Saving time, saving space, staying sane

5 last year

Comments: Acuity Scheduling not only created order in my diary and brought simplicity and ease to scheduling the consultations and payments, but also supported a deeper appreciation of my suite of services and what it is that I offer. Acuity Scheduling has taken my online consultations to a whole new level. Appointments are made without lengthy email trails, payments are taken care of, reminders appear in the client's inbox, what used to take ages happens in the background while I can aake care of what I do best. And not only that, but clients appreciate the ease and simplicity.

Pros:

A friend suggested I give Acuity Scheduling a try and I did, about six weeks ago. I subscribed to their free trial and, unlike other occasions, pretty much immediately got into it – boots and all. And my particular boots were setting up my availability schedule, creating the different categories with their own pricing and finally setting up PayPal Me for ease of consultation fee collection. I love the fact that Acuity asked me to review and appreciate on a deeper level what it is I bring to people, how long the consultations are and what they are worth, i.e. how much I charge for the different services I offer. For example: I realised that I had been supporting people with content development and that it needed its own category, length of time and pricing structure rather than lumping it in with writing and editing. Acuity Scheduling brought order to my suite of services and has inspired the expansion of my planned website to reflect what it has shown me.

Cons:

There isn't so much anything I didn't like but if it were possible, a link to transfer my availability directly to my calendar (iCal) would be great rather than having to do it manually. Or is that a tool I haven't discovered yet or was not part of the free trial? I had trouble making my Zoom link a permanent part of the booking confirmation; it would drop out and I had to remember to send clients an email with the link.

Peter M.
CEO in US

I'm glad we switched

5 last year

Comments: Overall, we are glad we switched and don't regret our decision. It has streamlined our business and made it easier for our whole team to use.

Pros:

We LOVE acuity. Some of the biggest pros: - fairly easy to use - a lot of integrations - a lot of built in features like email reminders and text reminders - fast load and speeds on our website - light weight - easy to navigate for us and the end user

Cons:

Switching over from our previous platform, a lot of the functionality is located in different places. We've also had a small learning curve initially but it comes with new territory and software.

Alternatives Considered: ScheduleOnce, Calendly and Book Like A Boss

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: Limitations of Calendly's integrations with our new software and slow page speeds when we embed the scheduler.

Switched From: Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: Easiest to use and our other systems integrated with Acuity right out of the box.