MultiFlex RMS Reviews

by Microhouse Systems

• Overall

About MultiFlex RMS

An easy-to-use Retail Management Solution that operates effectively as a standalone or multi-store, multi-lane network.

Learn more about MultiFlex RMS

Lyndsay B.
  • Reviewed on 26/6/2018

"Good system with lots of tools and functions."

Pros: RMS is great for customer relationships. I can easily see my list of clients, their purchase history, sizing, contact info, and any notes I make on their file. The functionality is good, with lots or reporting tools to better manage my business. Previously we operated with a cash register which didn't record anything, and kept tags as our tracking. With RMS, we can easily pull up sales figures from any given period, our top selling and slow moving styles, floor restocking, and much more. And counting inventory has gone from a two day ordeal to just a couple of hours. This system has definitely improved my business. Multiflex was also the only company I was working with who offered a payment plan, which made a huge impact as a small business.

Cons: The only down sides I have experienced in the last two years of using RMS is if there is a system update to my computer, sometimes it will interfere with the RMS system and I need to contact customer service to get the system operating again. But I would imagine this is an issue any software would have.

Matt E.
  • Reviewed on 20/5/2017

"Best POS system for our needs"

Pros: We did extensive shopping around for a POS system. The systems' basic functionalities are essentially the same across the market, but based on our "wishlist" of most important functionalities, MultiFlex scored #1. Furthermore, the support team at MultiFlex is pleasant to work with and helpful whenever we contact them for assistance.

Cons: I wish there were more in-depth training videos available so that I could perfect my knowledge of the POS system without having to contact MultiFlex every time I have a question. That's especially true since their support isn't 24/7 and we're in different time zones.

• Reviewed on 20/5/2017
Joseph S.
president

"Very Good Value"

Comments: My overall experience was very good. Customer service is easy to reach. Program is stable and fee's are reasonable . I would however like a better open to buy and inventory management module for clothing stores.

Pros: Its is very flexible and able to customize for the money. It has an easy export feature that allows you to work with the data.

Cons: Not great for apparel retail stores. The size grids do not show well on reports. difficult to purge older history which creates reporting problems.

Michelle G.
Website

"At times frustrating"

Pros: Customer support is very good. It is very easy to get a hold of someone and our issues are typically resolved at the time of call or at least the same day.

Cons: Changes due to updates are not always communicated in detail. Have been waiting for syncing Online and In-store customer/ sales feature for a long time. This feature would be extremely helpful and make us a lot more efficient.

Jesse n F.

"Nice System"

Comments: Overall my experience has been good.

Pros: I love all the reports I can pull with ease and detail. There is not an item or sales transition I cannot find immense detail on.

Cons: I do not like once something is in "approved status" either a sale or purchase order, there is literally no way to go back and edit or change it.

Susan W.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/9/2018

"MiltiFlex RMS"

Comments: They work very hard to customize the program to your needs

Pros: Easy to use.
Our customized reports
The ability to combine front and back office

Cons: Sometimes we are unable to get our reports to show up.
We lose some of our customization with each upgrade.
Not HIPPA compliant

• Reviewed on 14/9/2018
Shaun M.
Co Owner
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/6/2018

"overall not satisfied at all."

Cons: As a store soon expanding that carries product across all categories, we bought into this program because we were assured it would give us ease of access, portability (ipad software) and inept customer service. After one year of using this, we cant count how many times we wished we went with a different system. Ease of access is not easy. Usage is difficult for even those who set it up and opened the store like myself. There are almost too many functions rendering it confusing, and most of them do not work properly, or are redundant. Half of our issues are not solved by customer service as the team there is not knowledgeable on their product. We do pop ups, and because teh year long promise of an ipad program has not come to fruition, we are not able to use our system which means that anything we sell must be final sale, and we just have to remove it from our system as "damaged out" product therefore throwing our sales, margins and reports. Overall, not a great system and I have used many different ones in the past. This system is not ready for teh market.

Tuyet P.
  • Reviewed on 4/11/2013

"The Right POS System"

Comments: WildBloom Boutique is a women's apparel store. It's our first store, so deciding on the right POS system is important. What we were looking for is a system that fits our needs; has all the retail features and at a moderate price. MultipleFlex RMS POS system has all the major features that we need for a fashion retail store. The software is also easy to use. The sale coach, Graham Thomas, was very patient and nice. He walked us through the demo and answered all of our questions patiently and kindly; and trust me, being the first time purchasing a POS system, we had a lot of questions. He responded promptly throughout the process. Responding quickly is important to us, especially when we were reaching the grand opening date. The support team was great as well; they provided training and set up the system as scheduled. They helped set up everything as needed and requested. They were very knowledgeable of the software, nice and patient. The team is available and very easy to reach. No automatic machine, no transferring, and no waiting. Real knowledgeable, highly skilled support team. Thank you for all you help!

• Reviewed on 4/11/2013
Simon W.

"MultiflexRMS"

Comments: A great program and comes with excellent support.

Pros: It is a total Retail Management system and has every feature that you need to run a retail operation from a single store right thru to the most complex multi-store operation.

Cons: I think the user manual could be improved with more 'how to' suggestions and video tutorials, but saying that it is very intuitive and easy to use.

Rick F.
  • Reviewed on 14/2/2017

"Point of sale software"

Comments: All in all a very nice system to use. Viewing history is essential as is knowing the best sellers and the worst. All of this is available on MultiflexRMS. Daily sales or monthly sales reports are available showing margins etc.It has had a very positive affect on our business in both ease of use and also pointing out what NOT to stock or giving enough history to see the trends.

• Reviewed on 14/2/2017
Jerry M.
  • Reviewed on 24/4/2013

Comments: While it's on my mind, I would like to send a review expressing my satisfaction with your company. The more I begin to use Multiflex, the better I like it. It seems to be a well thought out application. But most importantly, I'd like to compliment the staff of MHS. Absolutely everyone I've been in contact with beginning with your salesman, Roosevelt, you, and your training a support staff have been exceptional.

• Reviewed on 24/4/2013
Riley R.
Retail
  • Reviewed on 8/1/2015

"MultiFlex RMS Softwar a small & medium business POS retail inventory system created for: Single or multi-store, multi-state, multi-country retail operations Integrating both your online eCommerce and physical stores"

Pros: It is easy to use, is user-friendly, and is self-explanatory.

Cons: The system Is integrated. It gives you single point control of the entire retail operation (i.e. buying, selling, financial and reporting).

• Reviewed on 8/1/2015
Chris C.
  • Reviewed on 27/6/2018

"SoSO.... you get what you pay for...."

Pros: Somewhat easy for daily use for the staff, for management, much MORE work :( Reports are many, but also means confusing at times

Cons: Customer support is confusing to get a hold of, I also have a 3 hour time difference, so my answers are usually 2-3 days later. Floor restocking report has a 1 minute "bug" where there's a blindspot and may affect you. They don't sound interested / willing to integrate their system w/ other credit card machine companies (they support only 2 services!) For some odd reason, I keep finding bugs in their system, and their latest update makes NO SENSE, why do I need to hit ANOTHER button to get the mix+match to kick in, before the update - it was automatic - do you see your grocery store checkout have a mix and match button? IT's AUTOMATIC! Every single one of my concerns that I've had in the past 2 years have gone unanswered and ignored - running a retail store is hard enough, and trying to get the backend support from these guy - it's like pulling teeth at times. I've been with them over 2 years - I've 2 different Tech support individuals (assigned) now, they got some turnover going on over there!

Hal S.
  • Reviewed on 28/1/2019

"Too big for a small business."

Comments: To be honest, if I was starting again with a p.o.s. inventory data program it would not be RMS. I shoud have looked for a smaller system. I remember a system called "Shop Keeper" that similar size business to mine worked well with. I have thought many times that the manual, paper and pencil system we used prior to RMS would be less stressful.

Pros: Gave us an extensive inventory data base. The till module works well for staff checking out customers. A few reports give very valuable information. For a large enterprise with the staff that understand information technology it looks like a powerful system.

Cons: Way too complex for a small business. Some reports do not match other reports that should agree. Too many reports, most of which we have no use for. At first customer service seemed a bit impatient with us. on one occasion my staff member needed help when I was away, the person she talked to was very impatient with her. She no longer felt confident to call for help if needed. That has improved.

• Reviewed on 28/1/2019
Lindsey H.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/5/2017

"Lied to by sales people about functionalities, treated horribly by support staff when issues arose."

Comments: It does provide the basic inventory management functions we expected.

Pros: It wasn't super expensive and performs its basic functions effectively once the extremely tedious setup process is complete.

Cons: It doesn't integrate with QuickBooks online, it doesn't integrate with e-Commerce, it doesn't adapt easily to my purposes... all of these things I was told in the sales process that it would do. Training is essentially non-existent and there is no documentation to refer to later. All we had was a one hour session where our trainer took control of our system remotely and used his function keys to speed through setup steps (we couldn't even tell what he was doing because he didn't articulate it and didn't use the mouse) and wouldn't allow us to ask questions. They charge a bunch of money each year to install any updates and continue to give you access to their support, but none of that was explained or described by our sales person and was not in our contract. When I found a glitch in the system that was causing us peoblems at POS, the support manager was extremely rude and condescending to me, going so far as to ask how old I was because he felt I might lack the "experience" (his words) required to be able to find and resolve such an issue. I only wish we had the money to buy a real POS system with real support staff. The last time I tried to post a negative review I was bullied into having it removed by RMS management - that won't happen again.

• Reviewed on 6/5/2017
Jorge P.
  • Reviewed on 16/1/2018

"Super software for my stores and warehouse"

Comments: My business is in Puerto Rico. My data is in their servers in Canada. Lucky me because when the Hurricane hit PR on Sept 19 2017, 4 days later we were back running our business with no power, no internet and the POS system was flawless. This is the first time I rented a POS Solution and I am glad I chose Micro House.

Pros: POS is excellent even when my internet is down. I make Transfers to my stores from my warehouse and is very simple to use. Its just a matter of setting up all the all the upc codes. The PO are easy to do in quick order module. It will create a PO to your supplier and email directly to your supplier. All reports are perfect. The Customer service is perfect ***** stars. They will never let you fail using the system.

Cons: I rented the system in Feb 2017. It is a powerful system and I read the guides but even when I applied what I read, I called customer service and learned some more with the training they offer so it was a back and forth communication but they are very helpful. But it has its challenges that I overcame about 3 to 4 months with the system. There are no other bad issues to report.

• Reviewed on 16/1/2018
Paulina I.
sales manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees

"MULTIFLEX"

Comments: Was good in the beginning.. but with no customer support it has changed. The main supports have left and the lady that handles accouting does it. Hard to understand. Not helpful finding solutions to problems.

Pros: Easy to use.
Easy to train others on system

Cons: -customer support weak
-glitches with email marketing - does not work
-reports not always working properly
-inactive client- will print 2 receipts and omit the one receipt in the totals
-very glitchy
-slow system when running reports and doing multiple things

Leslie C.
owner operator
  • Reviewed on 26/6/2018

"Have used for years and find it excellent. Easy to use. Wish there was a training mode."

Comments: Allows for customer history. Easy to check inventory. Easy to order inventory. Reports help with selection of products based on sales.

Pros: Ease of use, functions, customer history, ability to customize. It could be modified for many types of business".

Cons: No training mode. When selecting the customer from the system using phone number, name or other, if you check the customers history, before hitting select customer, when you try to then select customer you have to start the selection again.

Bartolomeo (bert) D.
OWNER
  • Reviewed on 17/9/2018

"Ease of MultiflexRms"

Comments: Overall it has been Great and so easy to teach anyone how to use it.

Pros: Feom Day One Multiflex was so easy to use. Minimal training needed and you will be using it like a seasoned professional. No task is daunting.

Cons: The functionality with payment pricessors seems so easy but when a return error happens it is the only feature that can cause a small problem to rectify.

• Reviewed on 17/9/2018
Tad D.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/2/2019

"Best bang for the buck!"

Pros: Very comprehensive. This POS has allowed us to do everything from daily sales, inventory, as well as, invoicing and accounts receivable.

Cons: The scope of offerings provides a large platform for customer service representatives to have all knowledge necessary to help with issues however the designer can and will help you when needed.

• Reviewed on 13/2/2019
Tal A.
Asst manager

"Not very efficient"

Pros: It is very easy to make a sale and refund. Also to collect customer info is also very good. The process is easy to use and train.

Cons: The inventory is always a mess. Not very efficient. It does not allow u to delete products that are no longer in use. Inventory gets duplicated very easily.

Moe M.
  • Reviewed on 17/4/2018

"Good Pos"

Pros: The pros is it has great reports and inventory management. Purchase orders works great. Customizable user right is also very helpful.

Cons: Not fully cloud based. The look of the pos is extremely outdated it needs a new look. Customer support is not 24 hours.

• Reviewed on 17/4/2018
Melissa P.
  • Reviewed on 26/6/2018

"I find the system very easy to use and have had amazing customer support"

Pros: I like the simplicity of it and that it's very easy for new staff to learn on it. The reports are very detailed and helpful I like that I can do inventory often and it uploads it so quickly easy to add new customers etc

Cons: I really have nothing to compare it to sometimes I find it can be slow now whether that's the software or the connection I don't know.

Jerry M.
  • Reviewed on 16/1/2017

"Easy to use"

Comments: We started using this some time ago. I was attracted by the price and the ease of use. My sales associates had very little in the way of a learning curve. They all caught right on with little down time. We had previously been using Retail Pro so this was a very easy switch. The setup was quite easy.

Pros: The thing I like the best is the ease of use. The screens are easy to read and the touch screen feature is great. The company is easy to deal with and personable.

Cons: There's little flexibility in the software. The reports are a bit hard to relate to, but the information is all there is some form or another. I don't like having to use Java to access the software. It creates some problems for us occasionally.

• Reviewed on 16/1/2017
Dean G.

"Mutliflex"

Comments: overall experience is good, with them for 8 years now

Pros: How easy to key in products and suppliers

Cons: Reports is not on my happy list and needs to upgraded to match other pos systems out there