MultiFlex RMS Reviews

by Microhouse Systems

• Overall
    4.1 /5

About MultiFlex RMS

An easy-to-use Retail Management Solution that operates effectively as a standalone or multi-store, multi-lane network.

Learn more about MultiFlex RMS

Showing 25 reviews of 67

Mario R.
CEO/General Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/10/2018

"Managing my stores with the right Retail Management System (RMS)"

Comments: " When I open my first store for Cosmetics and Beauty tools I had no idea of the retail business. Coming from the financial world, I felt overwhelmed with so many little products that I needed to handle, so many varieties and colors, that I thought "I will never get control over what I am doing here". I tried many softwares, with a huge amount of time invested but couldn't get control of cash flow, tender types and most important of all,…over the stock. When I contacted MHSystems, they listen to me and asked critical questions of my business….exactly the ones I needed to be in control of,…and they were not only ables to understand my business but also suggest me the right retail software to handle my specific type of business…Until then I didn't know that there were specific softwares depending on the type of retail you are in. Furthermore, they gave me several papers and documents to read and study which illustrated me on how to use the right software they were offering me and how to make adequate control of the key variables of my business . It was not until I started following the "good practices" and follow the "know how" that MHSystems has on the retail industry by using their software when I begun to take control of my business. Coming from the financial world I know that stock and money are the most important things to take care of and the RMS has all the necessary controls and management tools to ensure these aspects are being permanently monitored and controlled. Furthermore, RMS has helped me to grow my company in several store every year because it just has what it takes to help you manage small to middle size companies on the tips of your finger. Of course you must be constantly studying and learning all the features this software has in order to produce more with less effort and time, but once you learn the logics on which the software is based then is like you are given 25 years experience from MHSystems right into your brain.,..you can't fail in your business if you work with these tools by your side."

Pros: 1.- Scalable solution when your business begin to grow. I begin with one (1) single store, I have 10 Stores now and growing…Even a Franchise version allows to expand even more your business if you want.
2.- Total POS control, flexible promotions set up.
3.- Easy functionalities for Staff, complete set of features and reporting for Managers and owners.
4.- Accurate stock management. Bin location, Expiration dates, samples, damages, Serial Nos., etc.
5.- Powerful and accurate solution (specially for those with financial and business background).

Cons: Basic features are easy. BUT Not that that easy to learn all the middle to high features,… if you are planning to get the most of it you will need to invest time in order to learn and understand.

• Reviewed on 1/10/2018
Angela R.
  • Reviewed on 25/1/2019

"Stable, Functional, Outstanding POS System"

Comments: Our Seattle-based small business purchased the Retail Management Software (RMS) for Fashion from Microhouse Systems in 2010, about 8 years ago and we have been using it successfully ever since. This is a very straightforward, Windows based system that meets all our needs ranging from a 100% accurate & easy POS to ring up sales and Customer Relationship Management...to...an outstanding Inventory management system to order, receive, price and tag our goods for sale (apparel, accessories, shoes, gifts, consignment jewelry) and more. There is a somewhat steep learning curve at first, as it has so many functions. I have found the POS easy to train new sales associates, and likewise my store managers can delve in deeper into the software to utilize more functions with ease (does take some practice and learning though) Each year, the Microhouse team performs automatic upgrades and adds more and more useful (sometimes eye opening) reports to help me better understand my business. The phone-based customer service from Microhouse is outstanding, though our staff does have to pay attention to the time difference as we are in the US and they are in Canada. One major feature of this POS is its stability. Our RMS-POS system has never malfunctioned, there's been ZERO downtime, and it has never been hacked or infected by a virus. (Note: we run this system on two older model Windows' PC's along with Kaspersky Total Security, connected to the Internet) .

Pros: The way in which the Customers, Inventory and Sales are all interlinked, and the personalized customer service and support you will receive.

Cons: The basic function of ringing up customers is easy and straight forward, but I can be difficult to train new employees on all the intricacies beneath the basics.

• Reviewed on 25/1/2019
Erin P.
Apparel & Fashion
  • Reviewed on 26/9/2015

"Knowledge is Power"

Pros: In todays retail market place there is no way to compete unless you have knowledge to adapt to the changes that are happening more rapidly than ever. MultiFlex RMS gives you the data from all aspects of your business. Inventory and Staff. Buying Plans and Sell through movment reports are fantastic. Multi store ordering is a breeze. The software is flexible enough o adapt to your own business model but gives you almost unlimited reporting tools to make key timely decisions. As with any software this powerful there is a learning curve and the support team at MultiFlex RMS is always there to assist. There is a personal touch to the support that I have never experienced elsewhere. All said this is software is fantastic and I cannot imagine running a business without it.

Cons: Learning Curve with any detailed software is a mildly steep. All intricate software that does a lot takes a time investment to understand.

• Reviewed on 26/9/2015
Alejandro Z.
Director of Operations
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/5/2018

"Easy to use at Point of Sale."

Comments: Overall easy to use system and very user friendly functionalities.

Pros: Setup was easy and inexpensive.
Pretty robust inventory and purchasing features.
Many helpful reports.
Constantly upgrading features.

Cons: Wish support hours were spread wider.
Discount features a little complex.
Limited CC terminals to be used. (although new upgrade should fix it)

• Reviewed on 3/5/2018
Nicole S.

"Excellent customer service"

Comments: Extreme amount of reports that the POS can produce to efficiently run my business.

Pros: User friendly and easy to train new staff on this software. It has extensive amount of options to run business reports from the POS

Cons: There is nothing at this point that I can say that I do not like. I have used the system for 5 years and would highly recommend it.

Tyler B.
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/9/2018

"first review"

Comments: Our experience to date has been positive

Pros: It is extremely user friendly, easy to train new staff to use. Great inventory control.

Cons: As we have three store locations....it would be great to be able to check on the inventory of all three stores.....as well as the sales reports of all three locations.

• Reviewed on 13/9/2018
Gary T.
  • Reviewed on 1/3/2018

"Great Customer Support"

Pros: Accurate reporting, ease of usage and great customer support make this an excellent business tool for a small business.

• Reviewed on 1/3/2018
Kristy M.
  • Reviewed on 5/7/2018

"It's not very user friendly and the reports selection is very slim"

Comments: i'm able to ring people out and create purchase orders from this software which are the most basic pieces of running my business

Pros: the price - this was one of the cheaper software options out there. i was on a strict budget at the time of purchase

Cons: it's not user friendly. some fields you have to double click, some require a single click. and the selection of reports is not very prolific.

• Reviewed on 5/7/2018
Ben W.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/7/2018

"Horrible Customer Service, I wish I never paid to use this software. HUGE MISTAKE!!!"

Pros: The Cost, is the only reason why I decided to use this software, It's pretty simply to use, that's about it.

Cons: Once I told them I was switching processors, they refused to call me back or speak with my new processor to switch over anything. They kept telling my processor they had to reprogram my devices, when I know the Software company should be the ones handling that! My Account Rep and she is very rude to me and my new processor. I don't understand how you can have someone like this represent your company. I understand there is a bit of a language barrier, but I can't believe how she speaks to me and my processor's support team. I will certainly look to go with a new software very very soon!!! If you are looking for a new software and reading this BEWARE!!! THEY ARE A HORRIBLE COMPANY!!! I highly regret ever working with them!!!

• Reviewed on 23/7/2018
Susan N.
Relationship Manager
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/5/2017

"Integration with Heartland Payment Systems"

Pros: I work for Heartland, and recently integrated one of MultiFlex RMS's customer's over to process with us. My tech contact, the rep was a joy to work with, was attentive and made the change over so easy! I wish every POS company was this easy to work with. I am looking forward to working with this company in the future.

Cons: I do not have any negative comments about the product or about the company. We had to tweak a couple of settings, but again, they made it easy to address and to fix.

• Reviewed on 1/5/2017
Moe M.
Apparel & Fashion
    2.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 3/7/2014

"It's working"

Pros: It tracks inventory great and has the best reporting. This is by far the best POS on the market for apparel.

Cons: There is not enough simplicity. I feel like there are ways to make the POS simpler with less clicks.

• Reviewed on 3/7/2014
Lyndsay B.
  • Reviewed on 26/6/2018

"Good system with lots of tools and functions."

Pros: RMS is great for customer relationships. I can easily see my list of clients, their purchase history, sizing, contact info, and any notes I make on their file. The functionality is good, with lots or reporting tools to better manage my business. Previously we operated with a cash register which didn't record anything, and kept tags as our tracking. With RMS, we can easily pull up sales figures from any given period, our top selling and slow moving styles, floor restocking, and much more. And counting inventory has gone from a two day ordeal to just a couple of hours. This system has definitely improved my business. Multiflex was also the only company I was working with who offered a payment plan, which made a huge impact as a small business.

Cons: The only down sides I have experienced in the last two years of using RMS is if there is a system update to my computer, sometimes it will interfere with the RMS system and I need to contact customer service to get the system operating again. But I would imagine this is an issue any software would have.

Joseph S.
president
  • Reviewed on 18/1/2019

"Very Good Value"

Comments: My overall experience was very good. Customer service is easy to reach. Program is stable and fee's are reasonable . I would however like a better open to buy and inventory management module for clothing stores.

Pros: Its is very flexible and able to customize for the money. It has an easy export feature that allows you to work with the data.

Cons: Not great for apparel retail stores. The size grids do not show well on reports. difficult to purge older history which creates reporting problems.

• Reviewed on 18/1/2019
Jesse n F.

"Nice System"

Comments: Overall my experience has been good.

Pros: I love all the reports I can pull with ease and detail. There is not an item or sales transition I cannot find immense detail on.

Cons: I do not like once something is in "approved status" either a sale or purchase order, there is literally no way to go back and edit or change it.

Susan W.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/9/2018

"MiltiFlex RMS"

Comments: They work very hard to customize the program to your needs

Pros: Easy to use.
Our customized reports
The ability to combine front and back office

Cons: Sometimes we are unable to get our reports to show up.
We lose some of our customization with each upgrade.
Not HIPPA compliant

• Reviewed on 14/9/2018
Shaun M.
Co Owner
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/6/2018

"overall not satisfied at all."

Cons: As a store soon expanding that carries product across all categories, we bought into this program because we were assured it would give us ease of access, portability (ipad software) and inept customer service. After one year of using this, we cant count how many times we wished we went with a different system. Ease of access is not easy. Usage is difficult for even those who set it up and opened the store like myself. There are almost too many functions rendering it confusing, and most of them do not work properly, or are redundant. Half of our issues are not solved by customer service as the team there is not knowledgeable on their product. We do pop ups, and because teh year long promise of an ipad program has not come to fruition, we are not able to use our system which means that anything we sell must be final sale, and we just have to remove it from our system as "damaged out" product therefore throwing our sales, margins and reports. Overall, not a great system and I have used many different ones in the past. This system is not ready for teh market.

Matt E.
  • Reviewed on 20/5/2017

"Best POS system for our needs"

Pros: We did extensive shopping around for a POS system. The systems' basic functionalities are essentially the same across the market, but based on our "wishlist" of most important functionalities, MultiFlex scored #1. Furthermore, the support team at MultiFlex is pleasant to work with and helpful whenever we contact them for assistance.

Cons: I wish there were more in-depth training videos available so that I could perfect my knowledge of the POS system without having to contact MultiFlex every time I have a question. That's especially true since their support isn't 24/7 and we're in different time zones.

• Reviewed on 20/5/2017
Tuyet P.
  • Reviewed on 4/11/2013

"The Right POS System"

Comments: WildBloom Boutique is a women's apparel store. It's our first store, so deciding on the right POS system is important. What we were looking for is a system that fits our needs; has all the retail features and at a moderate price. MultipleFlex RMS POS system has all the major features that we need for a fashion retail store. The software is also easy to use. The sale coach, Graham Thomas, was very patient and nice. He walked us through the demo and answered all of our questions patiently and kindly; and trust me, being the first time purchasing a POS system, we had a lot of questions. He responded promptly throughout the process. Responding quickly is important to us, especially when we were reaching the grand opening date. The support team was great as well; they provided training and set up the system as scheduled. They helped set up everything as needed and requested. They were very knowledgeable of the software, nice and patient. The team is available and very easy to reach. No automatic machine, no transferring, and no waiting. Real knowledgeable, highly skilled support team. Thank you for all you help!

• Reviewed on 4/11/2013
Michelle G.
Website

"At times frustrating"

Pros: Customer support is very good. It is very easy to get a hold of someone and our issues are typically resolved at the time of call or at least the same day.

Cons: Changes due to updates are not always communicated in detail. Have been waiting for syncing Online and In-store customer/ sales feature for a long time. This feature would be extremely helpful and make us a lot more efficient.

Simon W.

"MultiflexRMS"

Comments: A great program and comes with excellent support.

Pros: It is a total Retail Management system and has every feature that you need to run a retail operation from a single store right thru to the most complex multi-store operation.

Cons: I think the user manual could be improved with more 'how to' suggestions and video tutorials, but saying that it is very intuitive and easy to use.

Rick F.
  • Reviewed on 14/2/2017

"Point of sale software"

Comments: All in all a very nice system to use. Viewing history is essential as is knowing the best sellers and the worst. All of this is available on MultiflexRMS. Daily sales or monthly sales reports are available showing margins etc.It has had a very positive affect on our business in both ease of use and also pointing out what NOT to stock or giving enough history to see the trends.

• Reviewed on 14/2/2017
Jerry M.
  • Reviewed on 24/4/2013

Comments: While it's on my mind, I would like to send a review expressing my satisfaction with your company. The more I begin to use Multiflex, the better I like it. It seems to be a well thought out application. But most importantly, I'd like to compliment the staff of MHS. Absolutely everyone I've been in contact with beginning with your salesman, Roosevelt, you, and your training a support staff have been exceptional.

• Reviewed on 24/4/2013
Riley R.
Retail
  • Reviewed on 8/1/2015

"MultiFlex RMS Softwar a small & medium business POS retail inventory system created for: Single or multi-store, multi-state, multi-country retail operations Integrating both your online eCommerce and physical stores"

Pros: It is easy to use, is user-friendly, and is self-explanatory.

Cons: The system Is integrated. It gives you single point control of the entire retail operation (i.e. buying, selling, financial and reporting).

• Reviewed on 8/1/2015
Lindsey H.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/5/2017

"Lied to by sales people about functionalities, treated horribly by support staff when issues arose."

Comments: It does provide the basic inventory management functions we expected.

Pros: It wasn't super expensive and performs its basic functions effectively once the extremely tedious setup process is complete.

Cons: It doesn't integrate with QuickBooks online, it doesn't integrate with e-Commerce, it doesn't adapt easily to my purposes... all of these things I was told in the sales process that it would do. Training is essentially non-existent and there is no documentation to refer to later. All we had was a one hour session where our trainer took control of our system remotely and used his function keys to speed through setup steps (we couldn't even tell what he was doing because he didn't articulate it and didn't use the mouse) and wouldn't allow us to ask questions. They charge a bunch of money each year to install any updates and continue to give you access to their support, but none of that was explained or described by our sales person and was not in our contract. When I found a glitch in the system that was causing us peoblems at POS, the support manager was extremely rude and condescending to me, going so far as to ask how old I was because he felt I might lack the "experience" (his words) required to be able to find and resolve such an issue. I only wish we had the money to buy a real POS system with real support staff. The last time I tried to post a negative review I was bullied into having it removed by RMS management - that won't happen again.

• Reviewed on 6/5/2017
Chris C.
  • Reviewed on 27/6/2018

"SoSO.... you get what you pay for...."

Pros: Somewhat easy for daily use for the staff, for management, much MORE work :( Reports are many, but also means confusing at times

Cons: Customer support is confusing to get a hold of, I also have a 3 hour time difference, so my answers are usually 2-3 days later. Floor restocking report has a 1 minute "bug" where there's a blindspot and may affect you. They don't sound interested / willing to integrate their system w/ other credit card machine companies (they support only 2 services!) For some odd reason, I keep finding bugs in their system, and their latest update makes NO SENSE, why do I need to hit ANOTHER button to get the mix+match to kick in, before the update - it was automatic - do you see your grocery store checkout have a mix and match button? IT's AUTOMATIC! Every single one of my concerns that I've had in the past 2 years have gone unanswered and ignored - running a retail store is hard enough, and trying to get the backend support from these guy - it's like pulling teeth at times. I've been with them over 2 years - I've 2 different Tech support individuals (assigned) now, they got some turnover going on over there!