Filter by:

• Overall

About PagerDuty

Cloud software that connects people, systems & data into a single view for visibility and actionable intelligence across operations.

Learn more about PagerDuty

De ville W.
CTO in Canada

PagerDuty is the perfect solution for managing our production support team

5 2 years ago

Comments: PagerDuty gives us peace of mind. With PagerDuty it's great to know that the right person will be contacted as soon as a production incident is logged. Keeping track of who is on support is no longer a hassle. I can't imagine us managing production support without it, especially considering the fact that the team is spread across multiple continents. I can't recommend it enough!

Pros:

- Great integration support - Mobile app works great and continues to get frequent updates - Flexible configuration options without being overly complicated - Allows us to easily manage our after-hours roster and schedules - Ability to create incident reports is a great time saver

Cons:

- Pricing is a bit more than some competitors

Adam O.
Director in US
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees

PagerDuty is the defacto incident management software

5 2 years ago

Pros:

PagerDuty takes the complication out of scheduling and lets us focus on keeping our services up and healthy. We set the schedule and forget about it.

Cons:

The Terraform provider is very buggy. We often find we have to go through multiple rounds of guess and check to get Terraform config to match up with how we want it to end up in PagerDuty. I understand that Terraform is not the primary UX you are focused on but for Terraform power users managing many teams and services it is indispensable.

Danny C.
Product Support in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent Product

5 2 years ago

Comments: Having PagerDuty set up to trigger alarms to will notify my team is truly priceless. Whether we are on duty, or in an On-Call scenario, PagerDuty is always around to let us know when things go wrong.

Pros:

I love how reliable PagerDuty is. My company has PagerDuty implemented for not only our On-Call regiment, but also with alerting. Since we've been using PagerDuty, we've ALWAYS been notified of issues that we've created alerts for. Sure, it's not always fun to receive a call when On-Call, but we can always rely on PagerDuty to be functioning correctly to ensure we are informed in the most critical of moments. Keep up the good work!

Cons:

No cons to report, honestly. Other than having a critical moment where PagerDuty is having to be utilized. However that is no fault of the PD Team!

Jo B.
Jo B.
Computer Networking

From 10,000 emails to one actionable alert: PagerDuty

5 7 years ago

Comments: I started trialling PagerDuty and other alert aggregation services after accidentally sending myself 10,000 emails. One thing PagerDuty does and does well, is cut through the noise, and helps you focus on the actionable issues. With integration with almost every alerting tool out there, including basic email - integrating a PagerDuty alert into your application or service is far too easy. The pricing is reasonable, and the phone and SMS alerting options work well, even in New Zealand. The PagerDuty app itself makes being on call so much easier, with simple acknowledgement and resolution actions, next to escalation and incident collaboration features. Having user controlled customisation, you can setup the alerting to suit your connectivity and support your sleep. After 6 years on call for a critical NZ wide system, I can say PagerDuty is refreshing change to the game. Don't hate the pager...

Pros:

Simple setup and easy first alert. Comprehensive incident management, reporting and analytics to focus on what matters. Highly configurable alerting that is controllable by the recipient themselves. Easy escalation, resolution and communication features in mobile application and via the web. Well supported SMS and Phone alerting and incident management - Internationally Quick and easy support for the product - from a great PagerDuty team. Less noise, more actionable alerts with comprehensive de-duplication and alert filtering options.

Cons:

PagerDuty is unforgiving of poorly written interfaces generating errors and despite ignoring ones' phone while in meetings, the alert will get to you, no matter what you are doing! While I love the 'PagerDuty' alerting and am amused by the 'Engineer Laughing' alert sound - having more options for custom, per incident, alert notification sounds in the Mobile app would be great.

Kristian W.
CTO in UK

Powers our on-call engineers

5 2 years ago

Comments: Without PagerDuty we could not run our on-call rotation. The learning curve is pretty steep, but once you have things configured correctly its a fantastic tool

Pros:

- Love the on-call rota, the ability to schedule overrides and multiple call out hierarchies - The wide range of alerts and abilities to interact with the product via multiple channels - Integrates with most tools natively, and there is always email alerts to fall back on - Ability to customize alerts based on email content

Cons:

- The learning curve is pretty steep - Suffer from alert overload and the AI features are extra

Daiana C.
Support Manager in New Zealand

Operations Platform which works

4 2 years ago

Pros:

-multiple integrations with many tools. -easy to set up and use -mobile App -stable

Cons:

Some of the integrations, at least at the moment, are not ways. Such as Zendesk and PagerDuty where you can only create incidents when a Zendesk case is created but not the other way around. The mobile App does not have all the features as the web platform.

Narinder S.
Sr Cloud Architect in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10,000+ Employees

Pagerduty is Life Safer for DBA

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall We are happy with this product from first day as it ease lot of manual intervention for any failure or critical alert which help us to maintain our SLA

Pros:

Pagerduty is one of the premium product that provides the best oncall features for any organization which is looking less manual ways to manage the escalation, Pagerduty provides web interface along with Mobile app and integration with lot of API's (e.g Slack) which makes this product very useful for Infrastructure,DBA and Help Desk teams.

Cons:

So far i don't see any noticeable short coming which need to be explored ,i have they will add more features in their mobile app along with little bit more stability as sometime their mobile app crashes on Andriod.

James B.
Senior Technology Vendor Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great but complex pricing and add-ons

5 2 years ago

Pros:

PagerDuty has helped our business bring global teams onboard as we've completed several acquisitions this year. We've found onboarding to be easy and pain free.

Cons:

The billing model and optional extras are both confusing and expensive. With over 500 users on our account, if I want just a select few to be "Super Admins" with access to the advanced analytics, I can't. I would need to upgrade all 500 users at a tremendous amount of money. I think PagerDuty need to do a better job at user segmentation and profiling, allowing upgrade and bolt-ons for selected users only.

Jeffrey G.
Infrastructure Administrator in US
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Great solution - Been using it for years!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Very reliable (too reliable sometimes) and easy to configure.

Pros:

Very reliable (too reliable sometimes) and easy to configure. Integrations to large monitoring solutions make it a breeze to setup with other solutions. Mobile app makes responding to alerts even easier than pushing buttons on a phone call.

Cons:

Wish there were ways to specify certain alerts would only be a text message while others are a phone call per user. Would also like a way to remove users from all schedules at once when needing to remove a user from the portal. Very tedious process of removing them from each schedule individually.

Manager, Digital (SEA) in Singapore
Insurance, 11-50 Employees

Easy to setup and go live almost after a purchase of license

5 2 years ago

Comments: As we are an online business, it's very critical to know if the site is down at the exact time and the team can immediately investigate the issue.

Pros:

Easy to go live and setup. As soon as the account is set up, the configuration of services was really easy to setup. We've integrated PagerDuty with our existing Dynatrace platform, and the monitoring and alerts are very accurate.

Cons:

As this a user-based subscription, we're quite limited to make a group or shared account. It'd be great if there's flexibility in having more users to the account.

Mark H.
Senior Systems Administrator in US
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Pagerduty lets members of your team have some rest, and lets other teams have a priority contact

5 2 years ago

Comments: Positive experience with maintaining an on-call rotation so others know who is the priority contact at any time and members of the team can all expect some time off-hours that they can be truly at rest.

Pros:

Complex scheduling and calendar sharing Multiple vendor integrations user identities

Cons:

no problems that are likely to be caused by limitations of the service, it is complicated to get right, but works great once it's been properly configured.

David V.
President in US

Keeps you on top of everything

5 2 years ago

Pros:

It has good quality but perhaps most importantly it works very well and provides consistent emergency service. It lets us know whenever something goes wrong and helps us provide good service to our customers.

Cons:

I haven't found anything I don't like about the software.

David M.
Systems Architect in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Page Duty for Operations

4 7 months ago

Comments: It provides a quick and efficient means to notify tier 3 support and On Call resources assigned to facilitate system outages.

Pros:

The use of email, SMS, or phone to communicate alerts efficiently. It also has the ability to escalate based on a user's response.

Cons:

The calendar override feature is problematic and sometimes doesn't apply when creating an override policy.

Joe D.
Dir in US
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great software for smaller teams

5 2 years ago

Comments: With a small team supporting a global workforce we needed a way to enable our VIPs to get help at anytime without exposing to the general employee base. The features and functionality enable us to so this and enabled us to grow our services as the company grew.

Pros:

That it was easy to setup and configure. The cost was a driver.

Cons:

It is not the easiest to obtain additional licensing.

Chris P.
Managing Director in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Excellent and easy to use paging software

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have used PagerDuty for over 7 years now, first in a company i worked previously for and then in my own company when we got set up. It is by far the best paging solution i have ever found.

Pros:

It is extremely easy to use and offers multiple ways to contact you when a page is sent ensuring you get the message. The fact that it also has the ability to fail over onto another team member should you not receive the message just re-enforces this point.

Cons:

I dont really have any con's, this software is awesome!

Chris S.
Chris S.
Lead System Engineer in US
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A Good Tool for On-Call Teams

4 3 years ago

Comments: I'm glad my workplace has PagerDuty to ensure our notifications get routed and escalated correctly. We dabbled with alot of other methods and products to do what PagerDuty does and it gets the job done.

Pros:

Its straightforward, yet flexible, mostly easy to connect with your monitoring service and get using right away. The schedules are not the most flexible, but that probably just creates more consistency. The notification options ensure that your engineers/techs wont miss their notification.

Cons:

A little costly for small shops for a service that many other services or home-build products can do, but it does it well.

Sean S.
Sr. Systems Engineer in US
Internet, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Good Canary in a Coalmine

5 2 years ago

Comments: Pretty good and proven useful.

Pros:

Lets me know when my sites are down so I can head off problems.

Cons:

could be more context sensitive so if the systems sees I acknowledge an alert in 1 method it stops spamming me in all the other methods.

Ronald A.
Manager, Software Engineering in US
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

PagerDuty - for when I don't want to think about work but something might need attention

5 2 years ago

Comments: PagerDuty is fantastic. I'm able to manage a rotating on-call schedule for my team. My team members can schedule their own overrides. We are able to easily integrate with our products so that alerts flow seamlessly from the failing service to our monitoring to PagerDuty to the on-call person.

Pros:

1) It allows me to be away from work but still reachable 2) I don't have to share my personal contact information with work folk 3) Easy to schedule overrides 4) Layered scheduling

Cons:

1) It wakes me up - this isn't really a con, since when it does wake me up something needs immediate attention

Hong G.
DatabaseEngineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

the software meet my expetations

4 2 years ago

Comments: I would say it is a nice experience.

Pros:

the pager duty have multi-layer notification settings to make sure I wont miss the call. the feature of easily view /change/overwrite pd schedule also works great and I love it.

Cons:

the error massage in the first page of pager duty is kind of generic and not straight forward. I expected to know what's the error is on the first sight instead of click/drill down multiple links to get the details.

Sandesh C.
Engineer in India
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Very Useful

5 2 years ago

Comments: It is a long time i have been using the PD. The experience is awesome.

Pros:

It is easy to setup and to do the integrations with many of the monitoring applications.

Cons:

ALL GOOD but fetching reports for weeks may take some longer time.

Engineering Team Lead in Portugal

The integration with Slack is a MUST!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

PagerDuty has a nice way to schedule primary and secondary on call support and notifies the person when they're on call or off call. Also, Slack integration!!!

Cons:

I would like to see PagerDuty mobile app allow users to add and customize alerts with email, text or phone calls.

Paul V.
Internet

In control 24/7

5 7 years ago

Comments: What would we do without you? (Possibly sleep better!). We couldn't be without PagerDuty (PD). Our 24/7 out of hours on call service relies intrinsically on PD letting us know when we have an issue and ensuring the right people are contacted at the right time. We have been using PD for a number of years now and its initial fostering enabled us to give lives back to our shift support team who had to cover our non-core hours (night shift!). We haven't looked back since. Everything about the service has been improved and polished in the years since. No resting on your laurels here PD, I salute you. Keep up the great work.

Pros:

Superb breadth of notification options, be it call, text or app. Extremely easy to integrate with our range of different monitoring solutions and very easy to configure to our needs.

Cons:

Those sometimes tiring weeks of on call where even the dulcet tones of your friendly PagerDuty alert can't alleviate the sleep deprivation and ensuing grumpiness!

Anthony G.
Anthony G.
Information Technology & Services

It just works

5 7 years ago

Comments: When setting up the monitoring and altering for our company, I tested out various services. As soon as I tested PagerDuty, I knew we had found what we were looking for. The ease of integration and flexibility of on call rotas is fantastic. To add to this, the price is very low and this really helped us as a startup. I would recommend the service to anyone that needs real time alerting for their applications. With PagerDuty hooked up to New Relic, Site 24x7 and SCOM, I feel really confident that the right people will be alerted whenever we have a problem on our platform.

Pros:

- Low price - Excellent integrations - On call rotas - Escalation paths - Great iOS app

Cons:

I really can't think of any improvements that can be made that would improve this service any further for me. As long as the app and service continue to develop and improve at the same rate, I will be a happy customer.

Jessica H.
L3 Support Supervisor in US
E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 Employees

PagerDuty helps to keep us on our toes in managing our own company's software and services

4 4 years ago

Comments: This software has helped our work teams to keep up with background processes we manage in our service, to ensure things continue to work smoothly, or to have them fixed as quickly as possible.

Pros:

Once everything is set up properly for your team, alerts are sent out and managed without a problem. These alerts help us to ensure things are running smoothly with our own services.

Cons:

The setup for this software can be confusing, with a lot of time wasted searching around for the one thing you need to edit/change in order for things to be changed or set up correctly.

Sagar D.
Software Engineer in Nepal

Great service for notification alerts for any infrastructure level changes

4 4 years ago

Pros:

We have been using this for creating alerts for various issues from our infrastructure for less downtime of our services.

Cons:

The platform still has much to go to meet what we software engineers have been working with. The general user and developer perspective of the use case is confusing in times.