• Overall
    4.6/5

About Freshdesk

Freshdesk is an easy-to-use customer service software that helps over 40,000 businesses worldwide create stellar customer experiences.

Learn more about Freshdesk

Showing 2,194 reviews

Neal J.
Practice Manager
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2019

"Very solid help desk software"

Comments: I started as a free user and found it extremely versatile. My first hiccup was that, as a free user, when the advanced features that were included expired, they disabled my account. Instead of scaling it back it just went offline without warning. Once that was fixed we found an excellent way to continue with the free account until they implemented a "spam" update that invalidated all tickets sent to any email address except our main address. Again, this was done without warning and we were offline for 3 days. We have subscribed but it was done more out of necessity rather than being able to upgrade for full features.

Pros: I like the fact that it has a dedicated APP for mobile use, that I can use Email to respond to tickets, great search functionality as well

Cons: Interface could use an update to be more compact and show more information in a single screen. right now a ticket takes up pretty much every part of the display. Also, IOS app is slow on startup and refreshing

• Reviewed on 5/12/2019
Anthony C.
Developer
Design, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/8/2020

"Good Software, Bad Marketing. Bait-and-Switch (beware)"

Comments: While Freshdesk has a great UI, and is a feature-rich service, the truth behind the advertising leaves much to be desired. While their software is good, the pricing model isn't, and their marketing is intentional bait-and-switch. The features listed on each pricing tier are expanded upon here: freshdesk.com/features. Once you buy, and ask what's up, the support will tell you to upgrade for that feature, and link you to a page that isn't linked to from anywhere on their site: freshdesk.com/helpdesk-features, as justification. As an example, $15/agent/month includes, "SLA Management," which is described from their features page as including every SLA feature, including basic things like SLA email notifications, reminders, escalation policies. You know, what anyone would think of as "SLA Management." However, none of those features are actually included in that price plan. To even get email notifications of SLA violations, or have your SLA respect office hours, you'll have to pay $50/agent/month. Worse, there is no way to discover this until after you've paid and spent time getting everything set up.

Pros: Wonderful tracking and organization of emails and support issues, with a nice and clean UI, and simple tools to automate many support tasks.

Cons: Features listed as included in lower tiers on their pricing page, are not actually included until much higher tiers. See: https://freshdesk.com/helpdesk-features for the real breakdown. Freshdesk has no links to that page, and you'll only get it if you ask about a missing feature in their support portal.

• Reviewed on 18/8/2020
Sean Y.
Managing Partner
Architecture & Planning, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2019

"You're on your own"

Pros: The platform is relatively user friendly and has a sufficient number of features to work well.

Cons: Service is highly unreliable, and if something significant happens - don't expect Freshdesk to be available to help you. It can take 2-4 days to get a hold of someone EVEN IF YOU ARE FUNCTIONALLY SHUT DOWN. Here was our experience: We had been using Freshdesk for 3-4 years and were relative experts on our plan. We arranged to make a change to our Freshdesk plan to switch to a multi-product platform. We upgraded to a plan costing 7x our current cost per user and requested to speak with a Success Manager to plan to the changes. It took persistence and some time to get on the phone with someone. The person we got has had relatively low product knowledge, but escalated to a very competent product engineer fairly promptly. We confirmed our plan and attempted to implement independently after business hours. We were forced to initiate a backout plan when errors and unpredictable behaviour blocked our completion. Our backout plan partially failed and customers were impacted for 3 days before we were able to get anyone to help us. We heard a myriad of responses via email as to why a phone call was not possible from, "I am not working today" to "I will give you a call next week at your convenience" and "I will have XX get a hold of you to help" - but no call, no chat, no email Q&A -- radio silence. We got the message loud and clear 'you are not that important'. Be warned - if something go wrong, the documentation is very modest and don't necessarily expect help.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2019
Stacy H.
CMO
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/9/2020

"Always there for me when I need them..."

Comments: The interface makes sense to use, and when I needed guidance, the Customer Support Team was SUPER QUICK to help me get to where I needed/wanted to be.

Pros: I did not come from a technical background, but setting up and deploying this software for all team members was a breeze!

Cons: It might actually have TOO many options, but that isn't really a bad thing.

Thabo M.
Managing Director
Mining & Metals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/1/2020

"TMI-SSP (PTY) LTD"

Comments: Wonderful, I really like their 24hrs support system

Pros: With 5 years in business, we started seeing change in our revenues and employee behaviour in the last 2,5 years of using FRESHDESK. We stopped for sometime thinking maybe we could continue without these tools and a huge gap opened up thus we had to go back to the tried & tested.

Cons: Ease of business
Friendly Interface
Work Anywhere (App or Web)

• Reviewed on 16/1/2020
Bob B.
Director, Professional & Technical Support
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2019

"A Fresh Start to Better Customer/Issue Tracking"

Comments: We needed to migrate from a support solution that was bought out by Microsoft. Microsoft CRM Dynamics was too expensive, so we reviewed over a dozen solution providers. The Freshworks team worked with us to ensure we had a successful implementation (3 months - part time). They were also very receptive to our feedback and have incorporated those ideas into Freshdesk. We just got done adding another SSL certificate for our latest product's portal. The support team came through again with flying colors!

Pros: We use Freshdesk every day to capture and work customer-reported issues. The ease of use has a major factor migrating from our former portal solution. We were able to keep things simple while still capturing all the critical elements of the issues. The Solutions page (knowledge base) was/is very easy to maintain and update. From an Administrative perspective, the product is easy to configure and customize. Further, we have enjoyed nearly 100% up time over a year and a half!

Cons: We were hoping to port over prior ticket history from our prior solution, but were unable to capture "conversations" as part of our migration. However, Freshworks was able to create new records for each legacy ticket as part of our conversion. In the long run, only a couple customers ever noticed their prior ticket submissions.

Torre C.
  • Reviewed on 27/5/2020

"Client Friendly Ticketing System"

Comments: We’ve loved Freshdesk since we switched to it about 8 months ago. Our clients love it too. It’s cool that there is also a Knowledgebase feature built-in to help avoid ticket creation for common issues. Their support has proven helpful when we’ve needed them, the platform is feature-rich, and the pricing is very competitive.

Pros: The easy to use and beautiful ticketing system not only works great online but also functions very well for our clients if they only ever submit and respond to tickets via their email.

Cons: It would be nice if there were more sophisticated tasks / reminders as part of the ticket features but that is not even a feature most people look for, and we have ways to work around those limitations.

• Reviewed on 27/5/2020
Robert V.
  • Reviewed on 17/9/2020

"Must-have software for anyone that deals with customer support"

Comments: My overall experience with Freshdesk has been nothing short of exceptional.

Pros: What's most valuable about Freshdesk is that, as a whole package, it increases productivity exponentially. I cannot imagine not using it and consider it an absolutely critical system for us. I've used other systems and have stuck with Freshdesk for nearly 10 years now.

Cons: I know people likely won't believe this, but I don't have any complaints. None.

Kyrstin L.
Client Services Supervisor
Machinery, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/9/2020

"Uniquely simple and efficient!"

Comments: Overall FreshDesk is great for our needs. We are a smaller company so menuevering the tickets isn't overwhelming and the website provides helpful tools that save tons of time.

Pros: Our launch of FreshDesk was seamless! I was able to maneuver the website to become familiar with it and customize our ticketing system within a few days. My favorite features are the easy to generate ticket integration with FreshSales, real-time ticket updates, and the ability to draft canned responses for common issues.

Cons: I would love a better integration feature with FreshSales. It should be able to sync the company, contacts, and deals rather than just the contacts. This creates extra work recording the extra information and makes the ease of generating a ticket from FreshSales obsolete. I would also like access to customize the satisfaction survey and SLA categories.

Amanda B.
IT Support Technician
Publishing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/6/2020

"Great value"

Comments: Freshdesk has been phenomenal in my daily workflow to help me reach my customers.

Pros: Freshdesk is pretty simple to use and has a lot of features that you can customize to suit the needs of your business.

Cons: The only issue I have found so far is that the reports don't generate correctly. The data used in the reports don't fit with the criteria.

• Reviewed on 16/6/2020
Michel R.
Technical Support Lead
  • Reviewed on 17/9/2020

"Best Helpdesk Application for your Money"

Comments: First of all, they preach by example because Freshdesk's support is top notch. I found myself inspired every time I deal with them and even though I have (too) many years experience in the support business, I have learned from my interaction with Freshdesk's agents. It is clear to me that support is very important to this vendor and they obviously select and train their agents very well. Integrating the product in our environment was very easy and managing it is simple or as complex as you want it to be. I have been using Freshdesk for over 10 years now and they still surprise me with new features and new learning material (lots of "how to" videos, training and webinars).

Pros: Multi language, great knowledge base, easy to automate a lot of features (multi time zone groups, SLAs and Business hours/holidays support and many more) and available add ins to suit pretty much any requirement. Being on the cloud means we always have access no matter where we are or what we use (Tablet, Phone, laptop, desktop, ...). In the current world wide pandemie reality, all our agents are now working from home and the transition was seamless.

Cons: Reporting needs some love, although the basic is there. Freshdesk has recently added Analytics which is great but not that easy to configure so that you get the exact result you want. They are working on improving this. Most of the things I liked less about this software have been improved and quite a few features that we needed have been deployed over the years. We are also in the software development business and we understand that it is impossible to satisfy everyone, customers are really way too creative at times ;-).

Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 12/4/2020

"It's good enough, but some features are lackluster, too expensive or missing"

Comments: You'd think that 400M of total investments gets you an insanely good piece of software. It does not.
Freshdesk was a huge step up from the tool we used previously and has some nice features. It's disappointing that some of the features are lackluster implemented or missing altogether or require you to purchase a higher tier license - just to maybe get one more feature out of a whole bundle you won't need.
That's not a stand-alone issue in this industry, but it's extra disappointing if you come across a promising tool that just can't go that extra mile.

Pros: It's quickly set up and you'll be working with it in no time, especially when you start from scratch and don't need to import (a lot).
As you work more with it, you'll run into a few issues that you'll have to adjust to. Most of it isn't major, it's just these little things that would turn it into a great tool. So without them, it's "only" good.
There are a few nice features when it comes to automation.

Cons: There's quite a few things I find annoying. None of them are bad enough to stop using Freshdesk altogether, but they're annoying. In no particular order:
- There's no default ticket view for users, information like this is stored in cookies - and lost when a user needs to delete their cookies for one reason or the other.
- Ticket list can be filtered by various criteria, those filters can be saved. But columns are set once, regardless of views. So you can't have different ticket lists where one shows the priority and the other does not for example.
- Speaking of lists: They are hard coded only for contacts and companies.
- The API uses base auth with a very simple password.
- Automations are limited in scope and the rules need to be set up very, very carefully to make sure they don't interefere with each other.
- If you want to change basic SLAs, you need to upgrade to the higher tiers.
- If you want to have different Notification emails per group or type, you need to handle them in Automations (with less formating options) and not via the Email Notification Templates.
- Some things are dictated by the system and can't be changed or turned off: Some notifications, some columns in the ticket views, for example.
- Status codes are shared across different groups and/or products. So if you need a "Pending Approval" status for your Changes, you will have it in Incidents, too.

• Reviewed on 12/4/2020
Sandor S.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/1/2020

"Customer Support has gone downhill, and they refuse to fix a perceived security issue."

Comments: Freshdesk is a good product. Their technical support is sporadic. Sometimes good sometimes bad. Unfortunately, it is on the downturn again. When I first started, I had to wait days for a support question to be answered, and to contact a salesperson was almost impossible. Their phone support is unusable. It rings forever, and when you do get through since it is impossible to get through though you cannot hear them. The times I have gotten through and left a message, noone has replied to my question. When your a single person business this is frustrating, The support became better and now it is going back downhill again. I feel I have to convince them that something is wrong. What is most bothersome is they don't understand as a single person business I cannot spend days on a problem, and if I tell them there is an issue such as an attack on an email address, which I have no control over and they don't fix it.

Pros: The software has a great deal of functionality.

Cons: If you do not have a support email on your site, you create a support email address (which you must) on their site. You have no control over it. My account is continuously spammed. They insist the email address is my problem, but I keep telling me the email account is not on my mail server, so how can I filter it. I sent Freshdesk documentation showing the support email address is not on my mail server, but Freshdesk insists it is my email problem. Anyway, you receive lots of spam and no way of filtering it. When we first were attacked, I had over 300 spammed contacts. The other issue is a two-step process to delete the emails. The problem could be abated by requiring any user who creates a contact on the site to verify. The problem is that some of their clients do not want this. So why not put an option that allows their clients to choose if they wish verification emails or not. The additional issue is if someone can spam your Freshdesk site, then they think they can spam any of your sites.

• Reviewed on 27/1/2020
Nikos A.
Maritime, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/1/2020

"Why we chose Freshdesk"

Comments: Their support is probably the best support out there, a real 5-star experience, plus they are continuously implementing new features and create new products.
As an administrator In my company, I really don't have to do a lot and I can easily do my job. There is almost no complaints from users.

Pros: Software is very clear and easy to use. A new user would require minimal training.
All latest ticketing ideas and features are already implemented.
There is constant development and you can see the changes every day without affecting the existing functionality though.
Great staff mentality and customer approach.

Cons: Some times users are a bit confused, but I guess this is normal when someone enters a new platform.
There are some hidden features that should be available on the administrator menu in my opinion.
The parent-child feature should be more flexible.

• Reviewed on 17/1/2020
Associate Director
Facilities Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/1/2020

"Support Detail"

Comments: Our business needs quickly expanded into handling over 50 tickets / work orders a day across multiple client sites. We were struggling to find a suitable solution that would cater for multi site, multi users without incurring addition costs for client access to their tickets. Freshdesk software ticked all the boxes when it came to the online portal access for clients and exporting ticket information into CSV files.

Pros: - Creating, monitoring and finding specific information: EXCELLENT
- User interface is very fresh, intuitive and user friendly
- Keeping track of files was an added feature I didn't expect and was very useful the bigger the tickets became.
- Splitting and Merging tickets is a must for any helpdesk. This software is very intuitive on this feature.
- Mobile App is so easy to use across IOS and Android.
- Reporting Functions are excellent - really think the custom dashboard is a REAL PRO when considering a Helpdesk Software Solution.
- Setup: If your not a tech person, Freshdesk live support is excellent. They have helped me same day on each occasion. Very reliable and efficient, but most of all understand your requirements.

Cons: Integrations are getting better with other software platforms but there are no real cons to be mindful of whatsoever with Freshdesk. I would like to see a better integration with Xero Financial Software.

• Reviewed on 14/1/2020
Dan W.
Head of Creator Support
Music, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/1/2020

"Great software - some bugs need fixing and could use some additional features."

Comments: Good experience. Support is fast to respond. It's an easy platform to train new team members on.

Pros: Ease of use, setup, and features. An added feature would be to be able to search ticket by subject title and then to select many of the results at a time.

Cons: There are some persistent that need squashing. For example, when chatting with FW support team, our chat windows frequently come up in foreign languages. Our support site and FD access has been knocked out several times in the past due to FW blacklisting our IP address.

• Reviewed on 3/1/2020
Rich L.
District Technology Director
Education Management, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2019

"Using FreshDesk for 3 years and Still Going Strong"

Comments: Teachers generally create tickets for me with problems they have with technology. Administration creates tickets for me to evaluate different education systems, set up systems for teachers, arrange training, or pretty much anything. It's all documented in detail in the ticket, along with pictures, links to articles, whatever I need.

Pros: The software is easily customizable, and fairly easy to use. Being able to see the notifications pop up on my watch and access tickets from my Google Pixel phone is a lifesaver. Teacher's can't be bothered to log in to a portal to create a ticket, so we customized Fresh Desk so they could simply send an email of their problem to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and it would create a ticket for them. I can reply to them right from within the help desk system. Initially we had it set up for two agents and purchased the next level plan. Our Maintenance Supervisor ended up not using it so we backed down to the free version. The virsatility of multiple plans is a major plus. Their support is quick, and eager to help. They will actually go out of their way to help you.

Cons: The only con is probably easily fixable-- When I close a ticket, it of course emails the teacher letting him/her know. But they inevitably always reply with Thank You, which reopens the ticket. Other than that, it is a perfect system!

Mike D.
SysAdmin
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

"Simple and Intuitive"

Comments: We decided to try this out as our ticketing solution and were very impressed. Packed with features even at the lower tiers. At the lowest priced tier we're able to integrate Microsoft Teams and VSTS/Azure DevOps which is huge for us. The features are also very organized so the admin page doesn't have 200+ options to skim through.

Pros: FreshDesk has found a way to offer similar options without cluttering your screen with unnecessary options. You're able to expand on your options with custom fields/tags/etc but the basics cover most scenarios.
My favorite feature though is how easy it is to update a ticket department/agent/status. You can do it from the ticket view screen that lists all your tickets. Why is no one else doing this? Seems obvious now that I'm using it ha, it's even available on the phone app, big time-saver.
It really seems like a lot of thought was put into creating this product.

Cons: One thing I really didn't like is the table view for tickets. I have large monitors and this doesn't expand the width so I end up with a bunch of empty space to each side of the table. You can change the Layout and the Card view helps, but I prefer the consolidated table view, but not if I have to scroll to the right with empty space on the page that could've been used.
Another thing I noticed that could improve is the options for the email. Our previous solution would create the ticket and move the email from the inbox to our archive folder so we keep a history in a second place. FreshDesk currently as of 2019 only has the option to delete or leave the emails there. Not that big of a deal, but would be nice.

Drew P.
IT support
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"A fantastic solution"

Comments: We have been very satisfied with our migration to Freshdesk and will be moving our other ticketing systems over as well. Any time we have had to reach out to their support team they have been quick to respond and have solved our issues promptly.

Pros: Easy of access to manage tickets and knowledge bases. We use SSO so no one users have to worry about accounts. They can go through our SSO to elevate tickets and track the status of their tickets. As an admin it's easy to manage the entire account.

Cons: There is nothing to not like about this software. Everyone has been pleased about it. Though we did have to use the automation to assign the agent when closing a ticket from the dashboard.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2019
Raymond M.
Software Development Manager
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Freshdesk review by software dev manager @ Regenesys Business School"

Comments: Awesome.

Pros: The ease of use, both for the agents as well as the clients is pretty awesome. Being able to pull out detailed reports concerning not only the tickets on the system and their categories and statuses, but also seeing agents' performances makes this product recommendable for me.

Cons: The fact that I have to log in twice, once for freshdesk and then again for freshworks, before I can gain access to our freshdesk platform really irks me sometimes. An SSO would go a long way in preventing this. Also, being to integrate with Jira proved unsuccessful for me.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Patricia brigid D.
Service Desk Manager
Internet, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2019

"Superb Experience"

Comments: We needed an efficient CRM system, easy to set up an with easy access to analytics to manage our tickets and Freshdesk was able to give us that and more. We love that its features are based on time; we are able to measure agent and team performance on this.

Pros: Freshdesk is built on ITIL framework and very easy to use. It took me a few minutes to figure it out, find all the metrics that we needed and set up. The support and software team are readily available on chat, email and conference call - regardless of need. Lately I see lots of improvements in the software (like the Field Service Management, Proactive Reach and advance ticketing). Some of the new features have helped us tremendously while others (FSM) has got us thinking on efficiency in our field work.

Cons: In improving the system, a few of our favored features are taken off. For instance, with Linked Tickets we are unable to send bulk emails from the Tracker. The alternative is to send bulk emails from the Tickets view or filtered view; this is tedious if one has to select individual tickets which notice is meant for or when there are multiple linked tickets to different trackers. Also, Email Outreach should have the alternative of selecting contact from Freshdesk instead of uploading a CSV file

• Reviewed on 15/12/2019
ecommerce specialist
Consumer Goods, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"Very happy with Freshdesk"

Comments: We are a distribution company that imports several US and European brands into Canada. We manage the customer service inquiries for all these brands for Canadian customers and retailers. We were previously using Outlook inboxes but that became too cumbersome. Freshdesk has allowed us to feed all inquiries to one place while still maintaining our separate brands and automatically routing tickets to the appropriate customer services team. Our workflows are more efficient and customers are easier to track.

Pros: Freshdesk is extremely easy to implement and the ability to customize experience, workflow, automations, users, and more allows us to optimize for our business needs. The onboarding and customer support has been very knowledgeable and friendly. The software offers excellent value for what you pay. Everything we need for our medium-sized company is in the plan we've chosen and as our needs grow their higher tier plans look like they will grow along with us. We also chose this software because it integrates with their Freshchat solution.

Cons: There are a few automations & rules that are pre-built into the software that didn't fit into our business workflow. But we easily adjusted them to fit our needs.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Michelle H.
Category Leader
  • Reviewed on 6/12/2019

"Best Email Ticketing System out there"

Comments: We have been able to be more responsive to our customers while maintaining high data integrity across our whole business. The team is able to 'chat' in real time with each other about an individual ticket without confusion and the ability for us all to be 'in' the ticket at the same time to see what is going on. The transparency of our interaction with our customers also mean we can address team training needs and discover any shortfalls of our customer service quickly, confidently and positively.

Pros: The ease of use and the overall look and feel of the experience for the team and our customers.

Cons: We are sometimes limited with our ability to search however this is more about how we use it and not the software itself. We are heavily reliant on our customers sending queries with quality subjects in their emails and due to how generic they are, the amount of queries we receive and the limitations we put on the team to tag/identify can give us high numbers of returns during a search.

• Reviewed on 6/12/2019
Juan pablo A.
Installed Base Manager
Management Consulting, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/12/2019

"Great ticket management software"

Comments: I would gladly recommend FreshDesk as a very competitive option if you are evaluating ticket management software. The whole implementation could be done by us in a manner of hours and they have an academy where you can get a certification and learn how to deploy it.

Pros: FreshDesk is one of the greatest ticket management software. It has a marketplace with addins that can expand it's features and possibilities and is easy to use. We deployed FreshDesk looking to upgrade how we managed out customers.They are now impproving with AI features.

Cons: The customer portal is a little bit dissapointing and can't be customized for every client. The contact management and arcade (gamification) features could be better, although they work.

• Reviewed on 3/12/2019
Gabriel L.
Support & Onboarding
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2019

"Very happy with this purchase"

Comments: I am currently the only person responsible for customer support in a small company. Freshdesk made it much more easy for me to manage support tickets due to SLAs, automations, etc. I used to have to do pretty much everything manually. We'll be adding new users soon because of this great experience.

Pros: Ease of use. Reasonable price. Otherwise, I like the way tickets can be prioritized with SLAs, status, etc. Canned responses and automations are great too.

Cons: The automations, despite being very nice, are somewhat limited in terms of what they can do. Sometimes I'd like to go a little further than what they can offer. It's often just little details, but it could make a big difference. Here are a few basic examples: 1) IF field is empty, THEN send a notification to the user with a message saying that it has to be updated. This is not possible since we can't have an automation triggered by a field being left blank. 2) Only the custom fields with drop down lists can be used as triggers for automations. Also, I'd like to be able to have the SLA based on the expected first response rather than the expected resolution. Overall though, it makes my job a lot easier.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2019