• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5

About Freshdesk

Freshdesk is an easy-to-use customer service software that helps over 40,000 businesses worldwide create stellar customer experiences.

Learn more about Freshdesk

Showing 2,238 reviews

Sinencia V.
Executive Assistant
Facilities Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/6/2019

"Freshdesk makes working easier!"

Comments: In general, I think there are plenty of customizations and features with Freshdesk. The real selling point for our company was the analytics because we can see the history of our tickets and prevent them from reoccurring in the future.

Pros: I love the analytics and history log in Freshdesk. Freshdesk tracks agents' productivity through out the day and breaks up this information by the hour. We can also look up who has resolved the most tickets or who sends out immediate responses. All of this information is especially helpful when assigning new tickets because we can see a history of our most efficient employees. Previous tickets can be easily searched by key words, agent, or time frame. When multiple people are working on one project, it really helps to decipher who did what and when!

Cons: One thing that I believe can be improved is having a group option to send out an email. It's not common when we have to include multiple people on a ticket but when we do, we have to cc them in the very beginning as opposed to adding "Group A". -- The information still gets everyone on the same page, however it is an additional step on the agent's end.

• Reviewed on 12/6/2019
Senior Systems Engineer
  • Reviewed on 5/4/2021

"Good Customer Support Platform"

Comments: Overall a positive experience with FreshDesk. The product was fairly easy to implement since we didn’t migrate data from our old system. Training for the staff was pretty quick and we’ve gained a lot of workflow improvements since switching.

Pros: FreshDesk is a power and easy to use customer service platform. We use it to manage our customer support ticketing system and measure our response against SLA’s. It meets our expectations in all areas

Cons: We use FreshDesk to integrate with our on site ticketing system. We’ve run a series of challenges keeping this running, but besides that advanced feature we have had few issues.

• Reviewed on 5/4/2021
Amanda B.
IT Support Technician
Publishing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/6/2020

"Great value"

Comments: Freshdesk has been phenomenal in my daily workflow to help me reach my customers.

Pros: Freshdesk is pretty simple to use and has a lot of features that you can customize to suit the needs of your business.

Cons: The only issue I have found so far is that the reports don't generate correctly. The data used in the reports don't fit with the criteria.

• Reviewed on 16/6/2020
Thabo M.
Managing Director
Mining & Metals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/1/2020

"TMI-SSP (PTY) LTD"

Comments: Wonderful, I really like their 24hrs support system

Pros: With 5 years in business, we started seeing change in our revenues and employee behaviour in the last 2,5 years of using FRESHDESK. We stopped for sometime thinking maybe we could continue without these tools and a huge gap opened up thus we had to go back to the tried & tested.

Cons: Ease of business
Friendly Interface
Work Anywhere (App or Web)

• Reviewed on 16/1/2020
Dan W.
Head of Creator Support
Music, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/1/2020

"Great software - some bugs need fixing and could use some additional features."

Comments: Good experience. Support is fast to respond. It's an easy platform to train new team members on.

Pros: Ease of use, setup, and features. An added feature would be to be able to search ticket by subject title and then to select many of the results at a time.

Cons: There are some persistent that need squashing. For example, when chatting with FW support team, our chat windows frequently come up in foreign languages. Our support site and FD access has been knocked out several times in the past due to FW blacklisting our IP address.

• Reviewed on 3/1/2020
Mike D.
SysAdmin
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2019

"Simple and Intuitive"

Comments: We decided to try this out as our ticketing solution and were very impressed. Packed with features even at the lower tiers. At the lowest priced tier we're able to integrate Microsoft Teams and VSTS/Azure DevOps which is huge for us. The features are also very organized so the admin page doesn't have 200+ options to skim through.

Pros: FreshDesk has found a way to offer similar options without cluttering your screen with unnecessary options. You're able to expand on your options with custom fields/tags/etc but the basics cover most scenarios.
My favorite feature though is how easy it is to update a ticket department/agent/status. You can do it from the ticket view screen that lists all your tickets. Why is no one else doing this? Seems obvious now that I'm using it ha, it's even available on the phone app, big time-saver.
It really seems like a lot of thought was put into creating this product.

Cons: One thing I really didn't like is the table view for tickets. I have large monitors and this doesn't expand the width so I end up with a bunch of empty space to each side of the table. You can change the Layout and the Card view helps, but I prefer the consolidated table view, but not if I have to scroll to the right with empty space on the page that could've been used.
Another thing I noticed that could improve is the options for the email. Our previous solution would create the ticket and move the email from the inbox to our archive folder so we keep a history in a second place. FreshDesk currently as of 2019 only has the option to delete or leave the emails there. Not that big of a deal, but would be nice.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2019
Drew P.
IT support
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"A fantastic solution"

Comments: We have been very satisfied with our migration to Freshdesk and will be moving our other ticketing systems over as well. Any time we have had to reach out to their support team they have been quick to respond and have solved our issues promptly.

Pros: Easy of access to manage tickets and knowledge bases. We use SSO so no one users have to worry about accounts. They can go through our SSO to elevate tickets and track the status of their tickets. As an admin it's easy to manage the entire account.

Cons: There is nothing to not like about this software. Everyone has been pleased about it. Though we did have to use the automation to assign the agent when closing a ticket from the dashboard.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2019
Neal J.
Practice Manager
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2019

"Very solid help desk software"

Comments: I started as a free user and found it extremely versatile. My first hiccup was that, as a free user, when the advanced features that were included expired, they disabled my account. Instead of scaling it back it just went offline without warning. Once that was fixed we found an excellent way to continue with the free account until they implemented a "spam" update that invalidated all tickets sent to any email address except our main address. Again, this was done without warning and we were offline for 3 days. We have subscribed but it was done more out of necessity rather than being able to upgrade for full features.

Pros: I like the fact that it has a dedicated APP for mobile use, that I can use Email to respond to tickets, great search functionality as well

Cons: Interface could use an update to be more compact and show more information in a single screen. right now a ticket takes up pretty much every part of the display. Also, IOS app is slow on startup and refreshing

• Reviewed on 9/6/2019

"Freshdesk Is Polished & Professional"

Comments: It's hard to argue with Freshdesk. We've been using it for 2 years now (free version), and have very few complaints. The mobile app keeps us on top of support tickets, and our support portal is branded with our logo and brand colors. Freshdesk is simply polished and professional, and it's hard to find reasons to build a support desk elsewhere. Freshworks (owns Freshdesk) has a suite of services (Freshworks 360) similar to Zoho One. I'd love to learn more about 360, but they don't publicize the price.

Pros: I love the Freshdesk simplicity of setting up a help desk and knowledgebase with very little friction or custom coding. Once you updated the layout with your brand assets, it's pretty much ready to go out-of-the-box. They have a generous free tier, and can imagine the paid plans are worth upgrading if your needs are more demanding. We've looked into lots of other suites and building our own support desk, but......why?

Cons: We don't like the narrow width of the window when browsing support articles in desktop view, and the fonts could be larger be default for accessibility - though fonts can definitely be enlarged with a bit of manual tweaking to each article. Not many cons frankly!

• Reviewed on 9/6/2019
Robert F.
Technology Project Manager
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/5/2019

"A Fresh Approach to Ticketing"

Comments: FreshDesk is a great ticketing system.
We use FreshDesk to support all the schools in our school district.
Integration with Google (SSO, profile info, etc) works wonderfully.
Knowledge base Articles are great. If we had to do it all over again, we would pick FreshDesk again.
Our users love FreshDesk, they often comment how easy it is to place a ticket.

Pros: Modern, Elegant, Google Integrated, Nice iOS & Android Apps, Intuitive. Lots of useful features. (Merging tickets, Splitting tickets, Tags for tickets, KB Articles, Teams, Chat, etc) Nifty videos even at the end of the year. Service up-time is great (I don't think we've ever noticed an outage). Knowledge base Articles are great.

Cons: Plans & pricing are a bit annoying. You have to pick from useful features or unnecessary cost for things that should be included without an up charge to a higher plan. Sales, Support, Development, Billing, basically EVERYTHING, is in India, which isn't by itself bad, and for Freshdesk's part, it's much better than most India based support... But, if you open a ticket about billing, it can be months (literally months) before your issue is resolved. There are some design flaws with the product, and while you're told changes will be considered, they seldom are - FreshDesk has their own agenda, and your feedback isn't all that important in the development. It would be nice to see the company track, implement, and report back when feedback is actually taken, and this would be nice if it was done in a timely manner, but that doesn't happen. Some features are a bit confusing to set up and have silly names (Observer & Dispatcher) -- an outside has no idea what those features do, and even after using FreshDesk for a years, it's still a bit opaque. The concept of ticket fields vs user fields can be a bit annoying. There are little refinements that are lacking (email alerts that are not as good as they should be, etc).

Partner at Bootstrap Brands / Co-Founder of HappyWax.com
  • Reviewed on 6/5/2018

"Perfect Customer Service solution for our Shopify-based E-Commerce company"

Pros: Our team operates 2 different E-Commerce brands out of Shopify that have gone up in about a year and half. We could not have done it without Freshdesk. To me, it's similar to Shopify in that it is a true example of how building a product based on the user experience, then designing your reporting & data analytic capabilities, can deliver a powerhouse product. Freshdesk is a clean, intuitive experience that multiple Customer Service associates have picked up and been ready to roll with in a day or two. We have fully integrated it with our Shopify site - tickets submitted on our site come through Freshdesk, as does the on-site chat window, ALL social media comments or posts, and our cust service number. As our team member is speaking with or responding to a customer, she has all of the information tied to their order right in front of her, built into the ticket - that's the Shopify integration. We have most recently gotten disciplined about we are using the "tags" feature, which again operates very similarly to how Shopify does. Our service rep now has a list of all tags that should be connected to tickets and what they mean. This makes it super simple for us to run reports on common customer complaints, centralize PR inquiries, etc.

Cons: Compared to Zendesk, I think Freshdesk is a little more expensive starting out with only a couple of users (where we are currently). However, I believe that Freshdesk becomes the more affordable option as you scale, and with the great experience I've had I doubt I would ever switch.

• Reviewed on 6/5/2018
Customer & Sales Support Specialist
  • Reviewed on 17/7/2018

"Prompt customer service thorough advice plethora of features easy to use excellent product"

Comments: I benefit price wise and usability factors great features helpful with customer service great experience with Freshworks support on any question I have and always get a thorough response our company has used this for years and will continue to do so

Pros: Easy to set up and use tons of features and integrations helpful across the company excellent support customizable branding possibilities admin features are great for customers to give them the best customer service experience possible using this software I researched many other software for our company before deciding on this one being the best choice we have used it for years and will continue to use it there is a mobile app that is easy to use there is a chat feature and great reporting capabilities it is so convenient to add another support agent to the portal to update your plan if you have the authorization there are commenting features to single out those gold nuggets of a convo and show your other agent and have them take a look you can add columns so you can see a preview of more than just contact and subject you can hover over a ticket to see the last reponse there are so many possibilities and I highly recommend any company looking for a support portal and knowledgebase for their company to choose Freshworks you will not regret it and the price is right

Cons: the only thing I would change is having the ability to customize the dashboard but everything else is perfect

• Reviewed on 17/7/2018
Brian M.
CPO
  • Reviewed on 9/7/2019

"A fresh alternative to Zendesk"

Comments: We use Freshdesk as our support platform for our SaaS product. It's been great so far and the portal for customers has been a huge benefit for us. We came from using Zendesk where I felt we were being overcharged and has to purchase too many different products to accomplish the end goal of a support platform.

Pros: The ease of use and feature set available for a small support team. All of the features were easy to find and configure for my organization. The tickets follow a natural progression and the potential actions to take are all present and available in the correct views.

Cons: I have nothing bad to say about Fresdesk yet... But we have only been live with it for a month at the time of writing this. The one feature I would like to see for smaller teams is the ability to auto-assign new tickets to a specific user based on a schedule. In an ideal world, it would integrate with PagerDuty and immediately assign to the on-call member of the team.

• Reviewed on 9/7/2019
Kreasan M.
Business Development
  • Reviewed on 31/3/2021

"Starting the day..A FRESH"

Comments: Coming to work either at the home or office is such a pleasure, as I know that all of my work is up to date and clear-cut credit to the Freshdesk ticketing system. Our department has had many debates initially but knows we all are thriving on this product and are super happy with it. A key feature would be the Freshdesk mobile application. I can be on the go and still stay in touch with my customers throughout the day, whilst providing real-time support.

Pros: One of the most attractive features of the software is that without much training or hassle, users and employers can enjoy Freshdesk immediately and it can become quite fun to work with. Being a cloud-based product, the ease of use and almost no existent downtime is critical to any business need

Cons: We are currently going through data migration and copying so time will tell. There is nothing really that I don't like, I guess more features should be available in terms of the higher packages versus the lower packages.

• Reviewed on 31/3/2021
Software Manager / Solutions Architect
  • Reviewed on 9/11/2017

"Freshdesk Customer Service and Collaboration"

Pros: One of the best things that we enjoy about using Freshdesk is communication with Customer Support team and how quickly they are ready to respond to different opportunities in integration space and help our team progress further in our development efforts. We find technical documentation in relation to Freshdesk API usage and webinars have always been very productive and healthy conversations that we have. Especially when it comes to learning new features about new products and services. It is also one of the first companies to recognize our product in the space of Integration between customer support and product management for which we are very humble and grateful for. People who represent Freshdesk with whom we came into contact with are very humble and truly care about its customers and customer service community. Thank you, Freshdesk!

Cons: It is difficult to point out disadvantages. But I think that every software product evolves as market suggests it to evolve. And I think that customer base that freshdesk has on a regular base can better suggest on how to elaborate product in relation to its work flows and API freshdesk items accessibility. One of the things that we would like to see is easier access to API for retrieving Collections of Items that are related to Tickets or other Entities without relation to those Entities specifically. So if I would like to find out Ticket Types, I can get the Types. If I would like to find out Tags, I would like to grab Tags without knowing anything about any ticket...Just an example. Expanding lookup table functionality across the domain would definitely make API even more powerful and empowering for any team to use. But one of the great things about Freshdesk is presence of its Blog

• Reviewed on 9/11/2017
Neyda jose M.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 20/5/2019

"Excellent solution to offer customer support"

Comments: The experience that has been had with this software has been incredible because thanks to it has been able to attend much faster and simple problems presented by our customers, in addition that the flow of it has been increased since it can give attention 24 / 7 by different means of communication.

Pros: Freshdesk I like for multiple reasons, one of them is that it allows its users to handle several communication channels, that is, it can give attention to the client by mail, chat or phone so that it is much simpler to handle the described problems and be able to solve the same in the shortest time possible, has an excellent control panel so it will not take much time to manage everything is a matter of navigating in little by little until you find the reason for each of its characteristics and in case of not understanding any You can access their tutorials that are explained very briefly and clearly, the prices are very varied as it is based on different plans in this way the user can choose the one that best suits their taste or cover the needs of your company, does not require maintenance since it is hosted in the cloud in this way its access is simple, that is why I consider that its use and integration with other platforms such as Jira will make a process of customer service much more fluid and simple.

Cons: I have not found anything that I do not like as such of this software because some small inconveniences that have arisen as the reset password have been resolved immediately thanks to the attention of your support team that is very committed.

Travis B.
Senior Account Executive
Printing, 2-10 Employees

"Freshdesk User Review"

Comments: It's been fantastic. The support team is very helpful in setting up the program, and they don't slack off once you're on board, like some companies do. They are very attentive, and seem to be interested in helping you solve your problems in a quick and efficient manner.

Pros: I really love the ease of use, and the scalability of the product. We are currently a small company, but being able to scale and continue use of this software as we develop has been fantastic. The organization and ability to collaborate on projects is fantastic, and things like going on vacation or being out of the office for a day are not problematic for us at all anymore. We can easily switch tasks between agents, providing a full scope of context there.

Cons: I really can't think of too much that I don't care for in this program at the moment. I suppose the only thing that I would really like to be able to adjust more are the email notifications that we receive, and finding ways to keep everything better contained completely within Freshdesk, so that we don't get duplicate information in both locations.

Boris T.
  • Reviewed on 20/3/2021

"A great and versatile suite of products"

Comments: I used Freshdesk to maintain a base of clients for our development company. I managed contacts and sending out offers, and tracking all that was easy using Freshdesk. Some of my colleagues used the ticketing system for our support pipeline and they were in love with all the options the system provided them with. Overall, from my personal experience and after talking to my colleagues, I believe Freshdesk is one of the best (if not the best) complete solutions out there.

Pros: Freshdesk looks fresh. It is very aesthetically pleasing and easy to find your way around in. I have used it predominantly for lead management with Freshworks CRM, but I have had a glance at other of their solutions my colleagues used and it looked and worked well. They have a great mobile app that takes away the need to use the web version altogether when on the go.

Cons: It was a bit hard to properly set up automated tasks as the options provided are very basic. In addition, only one rule can be triggered at a time so one email can't be routed to multiple places using their automation filters. It sometimes created bottlenecks where a filter such as "assign conversation to colleague A" prevented the "send this conversation to the urgent pipeline" just because we had to have the first filter above the second for another filter to work properly. In any case, I could not find many issues with Freshdesk, this was the only thing that bothered me really.

• Reviewed on 20/3/2021
Franchise Support Manager
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/7/2018

"Great system to manage inbound queries effectively"

Pros: * Agent collision - so much time is saved not having staff looking at the same ticket and dealing with it. * Customised list view for agents - allowing staff to determine what tickets they wish to view and easily jump from one view to another at a click of a button.

Cons: * Ability to BBC not possible when sending a new email yet this is a standard feature with email clients. * Jump to the top of screen anchor has disappeared on the ticket view in Mint UI. There should be an anchor at the bottom of the screen to jump to top so agents can quickly get back to the top to see the requester's original query. Whilst I'm aware that the keyboard shortcut 'Home' can be used, many users will not know this. * Text formatting requires an extra click on Mint UI to get to the formatting icons such as Bold Link, etc. Previous UI had the text toolbar showing so it only took a single click to say bold text. * Forward icons needs to show on each ticket reply element. The new interface now requires an extra click to a `more' icon to the select `forward. This should be reverted. * When forwarding an email it takes you to the body text area rather than the field above which is the `send to. Additionally, because we use an email signature, the cursor selects at the end of the signature. * Functionality of forum isn't great and the relationship with tickets is poor.

• Reviewed on 13/7/2018
Jane G.
Business Systems Manager
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/6/2018

"Freshdesk is simple to use and has all the functionality we need to manage our customer care."

Comments: It has created the flexibility we needed to manage our customer care service. It's given us visibility through reporting and insight into the types of issues occurring. It's speeded up our response time and improved our performance with better quality responses.

Pros: It's easy to set up and extremely flexible. It enables us to effectively manage our customer care inquiries and prioritise tickets. It links well into other software and social media platforms. Support is always quick & informative. Training programs & help articles are readily available and it allows me to manage our agents performance too. Reporting is simple and functionality like 'canned responses' help to improve our response times. The ability to create customized ticket fields and tags is very useful and also helps with reporting. There are a number of plans to choose from to suit your needs & size. Simple monthly invoicing per user makes it easy to budget for.

Cons: I honestly can't think of many cons! The only slight issue I had was not being able to add other options or edit the 'Source' ticket field in Freshdesk but we managed to get around this by simply creating another field option so wasn't really an issue!

• Reviewed on 26/6/2018
Brian B.
Manager, Web
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2019

"Great value for the money"

Comments: Overall, it has been a great tool for us over the years. Most all the features that the industry leader has without the high cost.

Pros: For the price, it is the best tool to ensure we meet our members expectations in answering correspondence and updating our systems.

Cons: Their move to a new platform makes logging in a bit of a chore at times (two steps) versus the one-step you would expect. As well, the text editor for the canned responses is suboptimal.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2019
Arthur M.
Sr. Support Engineer
Printing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/7/2019

"Freshdesk works well for our environment"

Comments: Overall, it's been a great product, and we're trying to get more departments away from team email boxes and into Freshdesk.

Pros: It lets us not only run our internal IT helpdesk and maintenance desk, but other departments taking orders or tech support from our external customers are using the same system under different groups. It's nice to have it all in one place.

Cons: It's got a few quirks graphically and it's a bit slower than we had when we used FreshService instead.

• Reviewed on 8/7/2019
Matthew S.
Vice President
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/1/2020

"Freshdesk is a powerful customer relationship tool"

Comments: Overall, the experience has been excellent. We definitely see ourselves growing and utilizing even more of the features Freshdesk provides.

Pros: All the features and solutions it provides for businesses of any size. How customizable it is. Best of all is the quality of customer care Freshdesk provides.

Cons: I wish there was a visual page builder (WYSIWYG) interface for setting up/customizing our helpdesk portal for customers. It's not that it was confusing, it was just cumbersome. We had to hire a front-end developer and rely on Freshdesk's technical team to implement our needs.

• Reviewed on 1/1/2020
Anna M.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/12/2019

"So far very happy with my purchase!"

Comments: Overall experience with customer service/ support has been excellent, and also with the softwares ease of use.

Pros: I love the simplicity of FreshDesk and all of its features. I had previously had my team on Zendesk and it was a complete mess as it was just way too complicated for our needs. I also found it frustrating that my team did not have access to any free/low cost training with Zendesk - FreshDesk as solved all of this for us though with FreshWorks Academy!

Cons: Nothing so far! Keep in mind we have only been using the software for a month.

• Reviewed on 6/12/2019
Matthew B.
Director of Client Success
  • Reviewed on 30/5/2019

"Freshdesk is fully of features for a great value"

Comments: Overall we have derived great value from Freshdesk and it is a HUGE improvement over our previous support tool. It is fully featured with easy to use tools to help customers get answers to their questions.

Pros: The application is extremely easy to set up and use immediately and has allowed us to grow and enhance our automations quickly and easily.

Cons: The reporting is lacking features and flexibility. I would really like to be able to create my own custom reports within the application. Also would be great to have a little more depth of navigation in the solutions/knowledge base.

• Reviewed on 30/5/2019