• Overall
    4.6/5
    4.4/5

About Capsule

Capsule is an easy-to-use CRM that helps businesses stay organized, know more about their customers & build better relationships.

Learn more about Capsule

Guy G.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2019

"Great CRM for Contacts, Tasks, Opportunities and pipelines"

Comments: Really good Customer, Prospect and Lead management solution
Reminder to contact
Management of team tasks, and assignment to team members

Pros: Simple contact and account management, link task reminders to contacts and or opportunities.
Integration with GMail etc, Xero, MailChimp

Cons: Mobile app could be a litte more user friendly, it would be great to automatically add a follow-up task when you close one. But these are both really minor issues in the grand scheme!

• Reviewed on 7/12/2019
Dave S.
Research and Product Development
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 7/9/2020

"Simple and Functional"

Comments: My needs for tracking client opportunities are simple and this CRM does everything I need of it. I mainly use it for recording my meetings and coaching sessions with my clients. This functionality is easy to use and it is easy to search clients later to see what was last talked about.

Pros: It is incredibly easy to set up, very simple to use and I like it's integration with Xero.

Cons: Sending email from the system get stored in dropbox, not ideal if you don't use dropbox

by Zestia on 14/9/2020

Hi Dave,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for your feedback - we're glad you like the integration with Xero. In terms of the Drop Box I have good news as the Capsule Drop Box is not the same as the file storage service Dropbox.com. The Capsule Drop Box is effectively an email address that you use to BCC or forward your emails to which in turn stores them against the relevant contact in your Capsule account. This is what non-google users use for storing emails. You can learn more about storing emails using the Capsule Mail Drop Box here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/setup-and-configuration/storing-emails/#understanding-the-mail-drop-box.
If they are finding that emails aren't being stored on their contacts as expected, could you please email [email protected] and we can investigate further.

• Reviewed on 7/9/2020
Sales and Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 7/9/2018

"Features and Format Lacking, Good for the Basics"

Comments: Overall, Capsule seems middle-of-the-road. It's been useful as a database to keep our pipeline and outreach organized at a base level but hasn't impressed beyond that.

Pros: The ability to export to Mailchimp has been very useful, it allows us to immediately update lists without having to go through multiple extra steps.

Cons: Certain features I'm used to in a CRM are missing. The only way to correlate multiple organizations (as a subsidiary or similar case) is to make a note of it in the organization description and that doesn't link through. You're also unable to categorize a contact under multiple organizations, so you need to create a new person with the same name if you want to put them under more than one company. It would also be nice to have a better search and reporting function. The only things you can search for are the person, organization, case, and note content, so every other bit of information you'd like to search for and compile must be placed as a tag, which gets clunky and disorganized easily. There is some sales pipeline reporting, but the options are not as robust as other CRM systems I've used in the past.

• Reviewed on 7/9/2018
Barry H.
Finance Director
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

"Capsule is great!"

Comments: It's been a joy. Deployed super quick and was working pretty much out the box. It's not bloated like other CRM's with loads of unnecessary fields and functionality that most people dont use anyway.

Pros: It's intuitiveness is certainly my biggest positive. To be able to get the system up and running quickly and efficiently is a massive plus point. It keeps me focussed on what I need to do daily and it has yielded results.

Cons: If I'm being picky I would like the ability to turn some features off. For example I don't use cases so I'd prefer if it just wans't there but it's a minor point.

by Zestia on 18/8/2020

Hi Barry,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time out to write a review. It's great to hear that you find Capsule so intuitive and that you're seeing benefits from using it!

David W.
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Quick and useful to get ourselves organised but the limitations are starting to show"

Comments: It's our 2nd management tool - the first one was overly complicated and this is quite simple
The Dropbox solution is a bit of a fudge but it works most of the time.
The tasks system and visual customisation leave a lot to be desired.

Pros: It's fast and simple, a young British company. which we wanted to support.
Its online and accessible on an app
It does a lot of what we originally needed

Cons: The tasks and the layout - lack of customisation - colours or icons - fields can be hard to identify at a glance.
Starts to get expensive with more users - if I could role out viewing to my whole team (no input) it would be handy - but i can't justify £300 a month
We no longer use the sales side - that didn't really work for our company - now just use the contacts, tasks, recording of data

Reuben S.
Solutions Expert
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 26/4/2017

"Bang-for-buck the best CRM for Xero"

Pros: Capsule does everything a CRM should:
- All of your organisation and contact information in one place
- Heaps of available integrations including MailChimp and Xero
- Mobile app for capturing new leads
- Customisable opportunity management
- Customisable case (ticket) management
- Email integration makes tracking email correspondence easy
- Custom fields allow you to update your

Cons: Capsule has several weaknesses you should be aware of:
- The opportunity management is customisable but fairly basic. Its great if you currently have no visibility of your pipeline, stages, value, probability or timeframes. There are apps out there that do these features better but not with all the other great stuff Capsule can do at the same price point.
- Capsule is not a marketing automation tool but will help with your marketing
- Capsule is not a sales pipeline tool but will improve your pipeline visibility
- Capsule is not an email client
- Capsule is not your accounts receivable management tool but will improve your collections

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 26/4/2017
Linda C.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/9/2020

"Use it daily and recommend it to all my clients"

Comments: I recommend Capsule to clients for simple efficiency. Just getting your tasks sorted according to client or project is a huge benefit and Capsule, to me, is much more intuitive than something like Asana

Pros: For me, task and workflow management make life much easier. No more remembering important calls or actions; they just come up in your dashboard. This is especially relevant when you're toggling several clients at the same time.

Cons: The pipeline forecast graph (revenue forecasted per month) never seems to be correct and I've not been able to figure out how to fix it. This area could be more foolproof.
Also, I never look at the latest updates on the 'home' screen even though it takes up most of the space. Imo, this could be replaced with relevant data like the pipeline graph. Better yet, make this a customisable widget area so people can choose what would work best for them.

by Zestia on 1/10/2020

Hi Linda,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review about your experience with Capsule. We're happy to hear the task and workflow management is helping you out. We have been asked about customising the dashboard before so it's on our radar and we will record your interest against this feature request. If you would like some more help with the pipeline forecast could you send us an email at [email protected] then we can answer any questions you might have about that there?

• Reviewed on 21/9/2020
Graham B.
  • Reviewed on 14/8/2020

"A really great CRM"

Comments: FANTASTIC!

Pros: Basically I LOVE it as it is so easy to use, the drag and drop on the Calendar (for those times when you just can't get it all done on the day) is so very useful.

Cons: I may be asking too much (or maybe not using it as I could) but I would love to be able to track a work on a project after the deal has been won, a sort of mini project management facility. I may be able to do this with the software as it is - to be honest I am still learning how to use it - but if it were there it would help. But that's me wanting to improve on excellence!

by Zestia on 14/9/2020

Hi Graham,

Thanks for writing a review - we're glad you like Capsule. Just wanted to jump in and offer you some ideas for post-sale. You might like to create a Case. Cases are essentially a storage area for everything to do with a particular project or event. We have a support doc that covers Cases in more detail here https://capsulecrm.com/support/projects-and-events/understanding-cases/. You could create a Case for each won Opportunity as a way of keeping everything to do with a particular project together, whether this be notes, files or emails. The great thing with Cases is they can be linked directly to an Opportunity so it's really clear which Opportunity a Case relates to. Do you think Cases could work well for you? If not you might also want to look in to Tracks. Tracks are a sequence of tasks to be completed, which could work really well if you tend to carry out the same post sale actions as they could help to streamline your workflow.

• Reviewed on 14/8/2020
Client Solutions Manager
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/1/2020

"A CRM for startups - everything you need and nothing you don’t"

Pros: It is a highly customizable software CRM. Track every interaction with stakeholders using the web app, email plugins, and most importantly the iOS app! The app uses the cloud based client database as a sort of substitute for your phone’s address book, phone dialer, and portal to add client interactions. Best mobile app for a CRM platform!

Cons: It can be tricky linking interactions with multiple stakeholders.

by Zestia on 7/1/2020

Hi Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for your review of Capsule and your support - we're really glad you like the mobile app. As for linking interactions with multiple stakeholders, if we can understand a little more about how you want interactions linked we may be able to offer some options or understand whether there are some ways we can amend Capsule. If you can write to us directly at [email protected] then our support team will be able to help you out.

• Reviewed on 5/1/2020
Nasr S.
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

"Easy to Use For SME's"

Comments: I like it very much. Its user friendly and easy to setup. Customer service is first class. Just get some good canned reports set up and it will be great.

Pros: Its ease of use and setup. We were able to setup three users in very little time and get the results that we required. Importing data was easy and setting up custom fields and tags was no problem.

Cons: Reporting could use some depth. For example it would be useful to see customers contacted on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. A section with pre set but customisable reports would be nice

by Zestia on 18/8/2020

Thanks for taking the time to review us Nasr. It's great that you found Capsule so easy to get started with. With regards to the depth of reporting, my colleague Jade from the customer support team has been in touch to help you out with this.

Beth L.
Co-Owner
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

"Best in Class CRM"

Comments: I originally acquired Capsule to keep track of customers, potential customers, task management, and event management for a coaching and education business. I continue to track coaching clients in the software, but now I primarily use it for event and task management for a grassroots nonprofit.

Pros: Capsule is a CRM system that delivers excellent support for a small cost. It is more customizable and has more features and greater ease of use than others in its price range. It was fairly easy to set up, customize, and learn using the provided guides and the responsive customer service team. It easily supports tracking of all actions related to an entity in one place. It has a number of built-in APIs for integration with email marketing tools and other applications. I really appreciate the task tracking, the ability to track potential customers through a customizable sales funnel, and the capacity for creating cases for tracking interactions with related to a particular person, organization, or project. I also like the ease with which I can create my own "tracks" for processes that I often repeat.

Cons: The things I would want in a CRM application that are not present in Capsule are all things for which I would expect to spend more money. For example, if I were to spend more money on a CRM, I would look for one that includes volunteer sign up forms and the ability for donors to manage their own profiles and track their own donations. It is a pretty simple tool, but again, very robust for the price.

Bill B.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/9/2018

"Quick to set up and start getting results"

Comments: I've used Capsule for several years, as both a free and paid subscriber. It fits like a glove. Does what I need, doesn't force me into a different way of working, has been reliable (if it's ever been down, it wasn't any time I accessed it.) The company is actively developing it. I have used at least a dozen small-business CRM systems. Capsule is like my favorite pair of jeans -- it fits, never gets in the way, and makes me look good!

Pros: Capsule is a good fit for my business. I'm a sole prop. consultant. I need to stay on top of my relationships with each customer to exceed their expectations. With Capsule on my laptop and phone, I can refer to past interactions and update with new ones in real time. With Capsule, I can create my own custom "tracks", action step lists to follow for any process in my sales or support functions. I can create my own custom fields and color-coded tags. There are a good number of integrations with other web apps, you just have to see if yours is on the list. I use it with Harvest for time recording and Xero accounting. They also offer a good API. It took me an evening to write a script to copy every action logged in Harvest into the customer notes in Capsule. I have no use for the team collaborative aspects of Capsule so can't comment on them.

Cons: The only complaint I have is a minor one - I liked the calendar task view better before the recent update. Now I can't see all my tasks for the month at once, it truncates after 3 or 4 on any given date, and hides the rest. I can still view all the tasks for a day by clicking on it, but it's a slower way to reorganize on a grand scale.

• Reviewed on 14/9/2018
Edo M.
sales representative
Building Materials, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/4/2017

"Finaly a solution for my needs!"

Comments: For last few years I had a problem with my comunication with old and new clients. Too many pressure and too much information noise casued a problem of following up possible new clients and opportunities.
My first solution was standard PIM software. Soon I discovered that only part of my problems were solved. Problems that become so evident were following up new opportunities and contacts history. I found some other partial solutions for these problems but was necessary to work, mantain and balance with diferent solutions, multiple insertions of same data and so on. Looking for better solution I got to start with some offline CRM solutions, and I tested several ones. Every program had some part that were interesting to me but neither had all of options that I was looking for. Some prgrams were fantastic but expensive or they needed dedicatd servers. Most of them had so many options that I don't need for my work and can be applied in some other sectors.
Finally, on one webpage that was doing reviews of buisiness software there was a list of several on-line CRM solutions and so I decided to try some of them. As 3rd, or 4th, started with CAPSULE CRM.
Everything that I needed was there: database of contacts, history (well done), opportunities,...Also flexibility for procedures and all sorf of extra activities was there. PERFECT. Mobile apps is must have when You are out of the office.
Today on my computers 2 web pages are always ON during work time: webmail and CAPSULE.

Pros: Free version is mostly perfect for my needs. Contacts database, contacts history, opportunities creating and following, procedure design and editor, flexibility.

Cons: Free version have a limit to 250 contacts.

• Reviewed on 13/4/2017
Office Administrator
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/5/2019

"Relatively Robust, and Affordable!"

Comments: For our small business (5-10 team members), Capsule provides us with one location to input all of our data. We can track contacts, organizations, and opportunities, as well as opportunity stages and milestones, while customizing categories and notes for all of it. It is incomparably more affordable than any of the other CRMs I've used.

Pros: Capsule serves all its purposes very satisfactorily. It doesn't have very many bells and whistles, or email campaign options like other CRM databases, but it is very useful for logging contact information, making notes, generating tasks, and running reports. You can categorize contacts by organization, people, and deal opportunities, and also by customized tags and custom fields.

Cons: Very few things to dislike. The only way to export contacts with notes is to export the entire database into Excel and sort from there; there is no option within the database's reporting capabilities to generate the notes for specific contacts. Capsule also does not have email campaign capabilities or drip campaign options, but those are high-price items that only come with the big CRM monsters.

• Reviewed on 3/5/2019
James P.
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2017

"One of the best CRMs I've ever used"

Comments: Capsule has allowed me to keep track of all my leads and prospects. Because I can see how I've interacted with them in the past, I'm able to tailor my follow-up process to ensure a higher conversion rate. Capsule paid for itself in a very short period of time.

Pros: I love the fact that Capsule is one of the easiest CRMs to use. One of the reasons salespeople don't use CRMs is because they feel overwhelmed or because there's a huge learning curve. Not with Capsule. It's easy to learn and they also have a really cool app that allows you to track your contacts directly from your phone, which means you can stay on top of your sales process.

Cons: I think that the free plan should allow a little bit more than the 250 contacts it currently offers, but other than that there aren't really any cons.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2017
Scott F.
Owner/Operator
  • Reviewed on 8/11/2017

"I use this daily as a CRM for my small business contacts, and love how quick and easy it is to use."

Comments: Easy note taking which facilitates better interaction with my clients. I love the central location of all my info and that I can access it on my smart devices too.

Pros: I love how easy it is to complete just about any task imaginable. I make a LOT of notes for my customer accounts, and I love how each note can have any number of file attachments to them, but all the attachments for ALL the notes are also kept in a different area. Being able to integrate with my Google Apps account is a BIG plus, as is the ability to have emails I send instantly saved to customer records without me doing anything. Creating custom fields is also a breeze and makes my life a lot easier.

Cons: I really don't like the huge gap between a free account and a professional account. They need to increase storage limits AND create a plan between free and professional price points for smaller businesses. This is what really holds me back from doing more with this software, and keeps me in the market for different software constantly.

• Reviewed on 8/11/2017
Mauro P.
Managing Directoe
  • Reviewed on 8/12/2016

"An "Honest and Basic" CRM for sme"

Comments: Capsule is an easy to use CRM with all the "basic" necessary features to manage your customers / prospects and their history
It is the centralized place where you can store all your customers / prospects contacts and manage them.
You need other specialized tools if you want to manage completely the pipeline, the sales cycle, the service tickets
There some good integrations but limited. All the rest should be managed via API

Pros: Easy to use
Nice integration with Socials to retrive people information (pictures)
Some basic easy to use integration with msot popular tools like Mailchimp, Xero, Zendesk
Good the App for iOS

Cons: Limited tools integration
No a really solution to manage sales cycles and tickects

• Reviewed on 8/12/2016
Jason B.
Trustee
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2016

"Stands out from the crowd"

Comments: Having used a number of CRMs, Capsule has stood out as an excellent all round package. The interface is accessible and easy to navigate, whilst the settings are in-depth enough to allow for professional alterations tailored to any particular cause. We are a charity and use it to track our philanthropic relationships, donations and overall workload. One of it's best features is how easy it is to assign and track tasks, and manage multiple shared relationships and communications across a large team. Thanks to Capsule, I know for certain it's helped us to better achieve our goals.

Pros: It can be tailored to a significant extent
Easy to track relationships and communications
Easy to assign and track tasks
Nice light easy to navigate interface

Cons: It's export functionalities and query are somewhat limited

• Reviewed on 10/10/2016
Rosi M.
Management Consulting
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 19/3/2015

"Capsule: Simple But Powerful"

Pros: Capsule is flexible, easy to grasp, and fairly straightforward. But if you want to dig deeper and use all the features and strategies, you can absolutely get more out of it. It made the whole concept of a CRM come alive for me. It's also really affordable! Other CRMs are more powerful (and harder to learn) but there's no way our company could've afforded those.

Cons: I wish that they had a way to label an individual as being employed at more than one company, and recording past employers. A more detailed walkthrough of "cases" would be really useful, since that's what people ask me about the most (and don't seem to understand, for whatever reason). Also, it would be amazing if Capsule had tutorial videos on their YouTube channel, like a lot of other CRM companies do. Finally, user permissions would be nice (but not something that is a particularly sore spot--you get what you pay for).

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 19/3/2015
Event Design By Terrain: Operations Manager
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/5/2018

"Been using Capsule for over two years, and it's easy to track leads, clients and tasks per project."

Comments: Cost efficient way to keep daily tasks organized.

Pros: The best thing about Capsule is how helpful it is with keeping me organized. We have over 100 clients that I need to keep track of. With each client at a different phase, it could become overwhelming to keep track of all of the details. Capsule helps me stay on top of everything

Cons: Tracking emails is a little cumbersome. I BCC a capsule email address associated with a project. When a client replies to that email the BCC is not copied, so that email does not get tracked. I could copy the email address, but that is not something I want the client to see,

• Reviewed on 28/5/2018
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"One of the best CRM solutions"

Pros: Many years ago before I used Capsule, I researched up and down different CRM solutions. Capsule was the most reasonable as far as pricing goes, and their interface and features is one of the best. It's a powerful CRM that allows a lot of customizations, which is what I need. I highly recommend Capsule! They're always listening to users and coming up with new features that make the CRM better and better through time.

Cons: Honestly, I don't really have much to complain about Capsule!

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Fritz F.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/11/2018

"Great CRM for B2B relations"

Comments: Fantastic. Enter customer data once migrates automatically to xero for invoicing and manages our mailing lists in mail chimp.

Pros: Its easy to use free of feature creep that so many CRM suffer from. We are a B2B business and Capsule does everything you want it to do. The support is fantastic and really needs 10 stars not 5. Its easy to configure has all the integrations with Xero and mail chimp we need and its fast.

Cons: Some of the fields require opening and saving as opposed to modern just enter fields.

• Reviewed on 8/11/2018
Piers R.
MD
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2019

"Should run our lives"

Comments: We use Capsule as the main database of the organisation-meeting notes as well as the all contact details

Pros: We should have automatic opening in the morning for the timing of reminders but ill disciplined we plug into emails first thing!

Cons: I think you should refresh your landing page more often and perhaps carry a daily piece of advice or a tip or a reminder of a public anniversary -famous peoples birthday -something that you would ordinarily not know but is a piece of interesting info

• Reviewed on 13/12/2019
Harry J.
Operatons Manager
  • Reviewed on 7/11/2016

"Great lightweight CRM"

Comments: Capsule CRM is a great lightweight CRM which lets you get started straight away. It's simple to set up and a very good CRM when you're first getting started. It's got great integrations between systems, a hook up to XERO which is very handy to see invoices that are attached to the client. The other great part is the custom functionality you can build into the system, it takes a little bit of time but its really worth it. The only thing that stops me from using it now is it's not a marketing automation tool and our business needs a crm+MA in one software.

Pros: Easy to use
Very little Setup
Great integrations

Cons: Not a marketing automation + CRM

• Reviewed on 7/11/2016
Murray C.
Training, training design and blended learning consultant
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 3/11/2018

"Simple, easy to use CRM software"

Comments: Capsule is a really simple, straightforward CRM for small businesses. It's reasonably good value for money, easy to use, and very useful for tracking your sales, customers and prospects.

Pros: Intuitive UI
Easy to use
Uncomplicated
Email dropbox

Cons: Could do with more options to prioritise tasks - they just get served up in date order, irrespective of whether or not they are important. This makes the task feature effectively unusable.

• Reviewed on 3/11/2018