• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.4 /5

About Capsule

Capsule is an easy-to-use CRM that helps businesses stay organized, know more about their customers & build better relationships.

Learn more about Capsule

Showing 25 reviews of 117

Rebecca H.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/9/2020

"Capsule Review"

Pros: Very easy to set up
Easy and intuitive to use
It is flexible enough so that it can be moulded around a requirement or purpose, even if that function isn't immediately obvious.
The support staff are great at coming up with solutions and work arounds
Support staff are very quick to respond.
The close links with Mailchimp and Zapier are great and really easy to merge different systems.

Cons: You can't 'drag and drop' documents from the system to emails.
There's no 'pre-opportunity' stage - i.e. no way of registering an interest in a product (linking a client and product or organisation) without it being a formal 'opportunity' - there needs to be a 'pre-opportunity' facility to ease admin in the system.
There's no way of retaining a record of a meeting in the calendar.
There's no one to stand behind my husband and remind him to record notes in the system! :-)

by Zestia on 16/10/2020

Hi Rebecca,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for your review - I'll be sure to pass on your feedback to our team. As for the pre-opportunity problem, you could use a Case for that and then you can link that case to an Opportunity if it does move into the pipeline. That way you can have a clear record of it, but it isn't impacting conversion rates or anything like that. You can read more about Cases here:
https://capsulecrm.com/support/projects-and-events/understanding-cases/. While you can't see your past tasks in the Calendar, you can go to the task list view and filter for completed tasks. Here you'll be able to see a list of everything that's been completed. While we can't put someone behind your husband and nudge him - you could set up a task for a certain time each day that recurs every week (5 recurring tasks), basically just as a prod to remind him to add notes? I hope that gives you some tips and if you need any extra support you can always reach out to us.

• Reviewed on 24/9/2020
Taryn S.
Brand Partnership
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/9/2020

"Not Ideal for a Charity CRM"

Comments: I think it is a fine program that didn't suit the needs of a national charity.

Pros: I think you you were using this software for school or a business that required registration of sorts it might be ideal but the marketing features were not strong enough for us. We used the program for 1 year and then switch over that had a better UX, marketing integration and that automatically process tax receipts.

Cons: The UX wasn't great. It wasn't intuitive for our team.

by Zestia on 1/10/2020

Hi Taryn,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate the feedback. While we do have a number of charities using Capsule we understand it isn't the right fit for everyone - we're happy you've found another solution that works for you!

• Reviewed on 22/9/2020
Beth L.
Co-Owner
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Best in Class CRM"

Comments: I originally acquired Capsule to keep track of customers, potential customers, task management, and event management for a coaching and education business. I continue to track coaching clients in the software, but now I primarily use it for event and task management for a grassroots nonprofit.

Pros: Capsule is a CRM system that delivers excellent support for a small cost. It is more customizable and has more features and greater ease of use than others in its price range. It was fairly easy to set up, customize, and learn using the provided guides and the responsive customer service team. It easily supports tracking of all actions related to an entity in one place. It has a number of built-in APIs for integration with email marketing tools and other applications. I really appreciate the task tracking, the ability to track potential customers through a customizable sales funnel, and the capacity for creating cases for tracking interactions with related to a particular person, organization, or project. I also like the ease with which I can create my own "tracks" for processes that I often repeat.

Cons: The things I would want in a CRM application that are not present in Capsule are all things for which I would expect to spend more money. For example, if I were to spend more money on a CRM, I would look for one that includes volunteer sign up forms and the ability for donors to manage their own profiles and track their own donations. It is a pretty simple tool, but again, very robust for the price.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Office Administrator
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/5/2019

"Relatively Robust, and Affordable!"

Comments: For our small business (5-10 team members), Capsule provides us with one location to input all of our data. We can track contacts, organizations, and opportunities, as well as opportunity stages and milestones, while customizing categories and notes for all of it. It is incomparably more affordable than any of the other CRMs I've used.

Pros: Capsule serves all its purposes very satisfactorily. It doesn't have very many bells and whistles, or email campaign options like other CRM databases, but it is very useful for logging contact information, making notes, generating tasks, and running reports. You can categorize contacts by organization, people, and deal opportunities, and also by customized tags and custom fields.

Cons: Very few things to dislike. The only way to export contacts with notes is to export the entire database into Excel and sort from there; there is no option within the database's reporting capabilities to generate the notes for specific contacts. Capsule also does not have email campaign capabilities or drip campaign options, but those are high-price items that only come with the big CRM monsters.

• Reviewed on 3/5/2019
Christopher R.
  • Reviewed on 22/1/2021

"Capsule is the most efficient CRM available"

Comments: I use 17+ systems (one for each client) and it makes it so easy to track progress

Pros: Ease of use in tracking conversations, email and contacts

Cons: There are no cons to this software that I have identified

by Zestia on 27/1/2021

Hi Christopher,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that Capsule is helping you to track your contacts and conversations easily.

• Reviewed on 22/1/2021
Mauro P.
Managing Directoe
  • Reviewed on 8/12/2016

"An "Honest and Basic" CRM for sme"

Comments: Capsule is an easy to use CRM with all the "basic" necessary features to manage your customers / prospects and their history
It is the centralized place where you can store all your customers / prospects contacts and manage them.
You need other specialized tools if you want to manage completely the pipeline, the sales cycle, the service tickets
There some good integrations but limited. All the rest should be managed via API

Pros: Easy to use
Nice integration with Socials to retrive people information (pictures)
Some basic easy to use integration with msot popular tools like Mailchimp, Xero, Zendesk
Good the App for iOS

Cons: Limited tools integration
No a really solution to manage sales cycles and tickects

• Reviewed on 8/12/2016
Piers R.
MD
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2019

"Should run our lives"

Comments: We use Capsule as the main database of the organisation-meeting notes as well as the all contact details

Pros: We should have automatic opening in the morning for the timing of reminders but ill disciplined we plug into emails first thing!

Cons: I think you should refresh your landing page more often and perhaps carry a daily piece of advice or a tip or a reminder of a public anniversary -famous peoples birthday -something that you would ordinarily not know but is a piece of interesting info

• Reviewed on 13/12/2019
Eric B.
Senior IT Consultant- Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 3/1/2019

"Nice Cloud Directory Platform"

Pros: -Easy to use and navigate
-Custom tags for customers
-Phone app for iOS work well

Cons: -Importing contacts from office 365 or Gsuite would be handy
-Had an issue with Android app where it took nearly 10 minutes syncing the contacts when I tried to open the app, I needed the information asap as I was stranded outside an office which was inconvenient

• Reviewed on 3/1/2019
Nicola H.
Sales & Marketing manager
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2018

"Easy to use great value"

Comments: I use it to maximise customer information and to track progress.

Pros: It’s ease of use and manageability. I find it’s funct works well with rarely a glitch.

Cons: There are lots of features I don’t use due to my not quite understanding all the possibilities.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2018
Nicola H.
BDM
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2018

"Capsule CRM review"

Pros: Capsule is very easy to use and also use alongside other programmes such as Mail Chimp which we are currently using for email shots. Very quick and easy to keep records on companies and for others to see notes, sales etc

Cons: The only thing I don't like is that on my iPad I have to look at it upright which doesn't really worth with the case on it.....

• Reviewed on 5/12/2018
Joel C.
  • Reviewed on 20/5/2019

"Great Basic CRM with Gmail integration and easy customization."

Pros: One of the problems with CRMs is that they are usually developed for a certain case scenario and that setup is not quite what you need. Capsule is nice and simple and pretty intuitive. It's Gmail integration is useful and you can easily add custom fields. Another big plus is the mobile app. These features make for a CRM that you can have up and running and grasp the basics by the end of the day. It is also very affordable, you can even use it for free. I have used it, still use it, and recommend it.

Cons: The mobile app is nice but could use some polishing.
The UI is decent but could be better, more visual.

• Reviewed on 20/5/2019
Laura B.
Administration Manager
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2020

"Excellent CRM for Small Business"

Comments: Capsule is an excellent product for tracking opportunities and client relationships. It is easy to set up and customise. Would highly recommend for any small business.

Pros: Ease of use, just upload your client list and off you go. Mobile app is really helpful for busy people on the go. Very easy to customise and set up for your organistion.

Cons: Not be able to track clients movement from one company to another.

by Zestia on 3/11/2020

Hi Laura,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review - we're really glad you like Capsule and the mobile app especially!

• Reviewed on 25/10/2020
Thor T.
Business Owner
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2020

"The best CRM on the market for a small business."

Comments: Have looked up and tried a number of CRMs, I found them all either to complex or they didn't provide what I need. Capsule CRM is simple to use, at the same time provide what I need.

Pros: Simple interface, it deliver what's required.

Cons: None. Still on the trial haven't had a chance to try the report option.

by Zestia on 24/11/2020

Hi Thor,

Thanks for reviewing us. We're glad you're finding Capsule simple to use - if you need any help during the trial just let us know.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2020
Charles J.
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/6/2020

"Easy to set up, customise and use"

Comments: We moved from managing our pipeline and contacts on a spreadsheet to loading everything onto Capsule is a few hours. We then enabled the Xero integration which was very easy to do.
It is now much easier to manage our customers and pipeline, load and monitor our activity and to report on progress.

Pros: Easy to set up, and to customise to our own processes and terminology. Easy and intuitive to use. Great integration with Xero

Cons: Nothing but it seems you have to put 40 characters in this box

by Zestia on 30/6/2020

Hi Charles, Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you found Capsule easy to set up and customize and that it's helping you to manage your customers more efficiently.

• Reviewed on 7/6/2020
Juliana P.
Production Coordinator
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/11/2018

"Absolutely love capsule!"

Pros: What I like most is how easy it is to use.

Cons: There is nothing that I dislike about the software.

• Reviewed on 8/11/2018
Managing Partner
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2017

"OK CRM for the Price"

Comments: I have to have a CRM in place for my company to keep clients tasks organized. We manage hundreds of clients daily.

Pros: Capsule has basic functionality. I have a list of my Contacts, I can create tasks, make tags, and create pipelines. It allows me to upload documents and manage the team's tasks under me.

Cons: I can only upload one document at a time which is annoying. The automatic email BCC doesn't work for me to record in my notes so I always have to copy and paste.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2017
Rimi A.
Freelance designer
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/2/2019

"Excellent CRM toolset"

Comments: So far no major issues, a far greater tool set than other crm software we’ve worked with recently.

Pros: Wonderful interface and functionality that exceeded our previous setup. Slowed much greater control and tracking of our client info and project sales made.

Cons: Pricing is a little higher per person but aside from that the benefits outweighed the cost. Smaller companies may do with one installation as we have trialed other crm software and found that for our setup a single implementation sufficed.

• Reviewed on 25/2/2019
Sanford A.
Founder/President
Public Relations & Communications, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/9/2020

"Great CRM from Capsule"

Pros: Capsule is functional and a great CRM software. Reminders of what tasks are due and when you are overdue. You can track your pipeline with ease.

Cons: No cons at this point based on my needs.

by Zestia on 1/10/2020

Hi Sanford,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're really happy that Capsule is helping you track your pipeline!

• Reviewed on 21/9/2020
Jeff P.
CFO
Marketing & Advertising
  • Reviewed on 8/8/2016

"Easy to learn product and terrific responses to questions"

Pros: I have administrator rights for the software. I find it extremely easy to use. Teaching other s the basics has been very positive too.

Cons: The only issue I have is with individuals being able to view other people's contacts etc. I would like the ability to have more options with regards to settings.

• Reviewed on 8/8/2016
Head of Customer Value
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/4/2019

"Effective Sales tracking"

Comments: Effective sales tracking for acquisitions team, ease of navigation. Lacks some sophistication. I

Pros: Appearance, ease of navigation, tagging facility .

Cons: Does not translate to wider needs of business , clunky group communications.

• Reviewed on 13/4/2019
John T.
Loan Officer
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/6/2018

"Perfect for a small business"

Pros: It was easy to learn, as well as easy to use. Easy on the budget. I customized it so all by myself without having to wait for tech support which usually takes to much time.

Cons: Can not really think of anything negative at this point. I hope nothing pops up because it is totally within my budget.

• Reviewed on 14/6/2018
  • Reviewed on 31/7/2016
Pete W.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 28/9/2012

"Meets the Sales Needs of Small Business"

Comments: Try it. Nothing to lose apart from your time.

Pros: Affordable to start with - FREE limited to 250 contacts
Web based - nothing to install
Easy to use and configure - excellent online documentation and support FAQs. Easy UI.
Scalable - affordable you grow
Browser based - works with mobile devices and Windows, Mac or other platform

Cons: None I can see so far.

• Reviewed on 28/9/2012
Brian C.
Publisher
Newspapers, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/1/2021

"Just switched over"

Comments: Helps keep all team members on the same page.

Pros: Switched from HubSpot, because this is what my ad manager uses. I like it. Still exploring functions.

Cons: Better if we could email directly from the app.

by Zestia on 27/1/2021

Hi Brian,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you're liking it so far. if you need any help in getting more out of Capsule, then don't hesitate to contact our friendly support team at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 25/1/2021
Iain F.
  • Reviewed on 6/1/2017

"A solid CRM"

Comments: Capsule is a solid CRM that has great integrations. It's not flashy, but it does the job well. Ideal for tracking customer interactions.

• Reviewed on 6/1/2017