eSpatial Reviews

by eSpatial Solutions

• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.9 /5

About eSpatial

Transform data into clear, visual maps and graphs that yield valuable business insights.

Learn more about eSpatial

Ben H.
Data Manager
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2017

"Strong tool"

Pros: heat mapping works well, is clear crisp and you dont have to reconfigure bandings like you do with competitors.
Customer service during the trial was very good

Cons: Pricing is not as competitive as it could be.
not able to plant leader lines from plot points to make zoomed out visualisations easier
abiltiy to web share maps

• Reviewed on 12/10/2017
John P.
General Manager
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/2/2018

"Amazing piece of software, so versatile and intuitive"

Pros: Its ease of use an how fast it is, constantly finding new uses and features.
Espatial is constantly evolving and the support is amazing

• Reviewed on 19/2/2018
Gayle P.
Service Manager
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/2/2017

"Great subtitution for MapPoint"

Comments: We need only part of what this mapping program can do. So far, it has exceeded our expectations. There is the cut and paste feature we were hoping it would have, i would imagine that upgrade will happen eventually. The customer service is second to none. Looking forward to working with Espatial and mapping our yearly 30,000 locations!

Pros: The ability to label the pin points and the complete ease of use.

Cons: Would like the option of cutting and pasting parts of spreadsheet, instead of uploading the entire spreadsheet. Our mapping information is divided into separate tabbed sheets on Xcel. I would like to open the file, copy the addresses I want to use for a map, and paste it into Espatial.

• Reviewed on 22/2/2017
Pete D.
Development Associate
Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2018

"Functional and Easy to Use"

Comments: This was a great product and I was able to do exactly what I was trying to do simply by following the helpful steps in the app, making it incredibly easy to learn how to use the app.

Pros: The ability to layer in regions to create customized heat maps is phenomenal

Cons: Only thing that it would be cool to have is to create a function that would allow you to run a time-lapse, showing you how things change over time

• Reviewed on 17/12/2018
David A.
Business Development
  • Reviewed on 26/5/2016

"Powerful product capabilities and even better customer service"

Comments: While Espatial's mapping and data visualization platform is outstanding, the biggest differentiator that has made a difference for our projects is their customer support. Not only is our account manager accessible and responsive for questions, but he is also curious, determined and creative in solving our specific mapping needs. Besides our account manager, the online chat support has made a huge difference whenever I get stuck with how to solve my specific mapping challenges. On the product side, Espatial has a clean and intuitive interface with continually evolving capabilities to meet nearly any mapping need. I highly recommend Espatial to any organization who wants to create new insights from quickly visualizing complex data on a map.

by eSpatial Solutions on 27/5/2016

Hi David,

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted you have such a good experience with eSpatial. I will pass on your kind comments to your Customer Success Manager. I'm sure he will be very pleased to read them.

• Reviewed on 26/5/2016
M R.
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2016

"Amazing Software- Ease of Use A+"

Comments: I have been using eSpatial for about 6 months now. Not only does it accomplish my business needs- the level and quality of Support you receive from their team is superior. From the chat function to email inquiries to online sessions, all outstanding. Why didn't I find eSpatial sooner? I highly recommend this product.

• Reviewed on 22/11/2016
Judie L.
Business Analyst/Admin Asst
1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/1/2017

"Business Analyst/Admin Asst"

Comments: I have searched for mapping software on and off for the last 2 years, always walking away due to software out there that is convoluted and very hard to use. Then I came across eSpatial! A life saver, easy to use and more importantly online assistance from a live person! Thank you eSpatial...this is the best mapping software ever!!

Pros: Ease of use, uploading and the online assistance.

Cons: It is a little pricey

• Reviewed on 18/1/2017
Richard H.
Regional Sales Manager
Machinery, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/3/2021

"Great Customer Support"

Comments: The customer support is fantastic. I wish that every company serviced their customers like eSpatial. I reached out to them on multiple projects, they have been very responsive. They ask the right questions to get an understanding of what you need to accomplish with the software. Their overall knowledge of the practical way to use the software of the software is phenomenal.

Pros: The overall easy of use and customer support.

Cons: It doesn't currently integrate into Sugar CRM

by eSpatial Solutions on 18/3/2021

Hi Richard,
We're happy to hear you've been having a great experience with eSpatial and our customer success team.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate it!

• Reviewed on 12/3/2021
Jay M.
  • Reviewed on 23/1/2020

"Amazing Product. Otherwordly Support."

Comments: I use eSpatial to plot sales by zip codes for retailers and their competitors. The mapping helps me to better focus digital advertising, decide y/n on cable zones, and to measure effectiveness of changes in media plans. Clients love it, because . . . well, the map has life. A spreadsheet does not.

Pros: It's so easy to learn! Yet, the depth of the software is such that it one can produce extremely data-rich mapping. Vs others I've tried it's actually pretty intuitive. Let's put it this way: I just now finished my first un-aided sales comparison mapping for a client. Took me just 20 minutes. BUT FORGET THE SOFTWARE FOR A SEC. The support team is like something I've never seen before. Even before I signed up for a trial, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] invited me to joinme to give me a basic tutor. Live chat is great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have promptly answered every dumb question I've had - patiently and clearly. (Hoping I'm not leaving anyone out here) And the onboarding was excellent.

Cons: If I REALLY had to pick at something? Graphically it's a little clunky. Getting all the labels to read takes some finagling and fiddling. Could use 2-3 more font choices, IMO

• Reviewed on 23/1/2020
Hans E.
Dealer development manager
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/6/2016

"Why would you want to name your review....?"

Comments: Overall very good experience.
Kevin was very helpful throughout the process.
Nothing else, just filling up space til 100 chars.

Pros: Excellent support for demos and explanation, that was the deciding factor

Cons: Few or little geo base maps with states / departments for Lat Am countries

by eSpatial Solutions on 26/8/2016

Thank you for your kind words Hans. We're glad you had a good experience with our team.

We have now updated our eSpatial DataStore with states, regions and departments for Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru based on your feedback.

Thanks,

• Reviewed on 17/6/2016
Joanna K.
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 3/5/2019

"Great mapping tool"

Comments: Our company has a recognition program and I used eSpatial for a mapping project to show where the recipients are located by state. It was simple to use, quick, and the end result looks nice.

Pros: The software is pretty easy to use, even without spending a lot of time in tutorials.

Cons: Limited customization, but I was using the free version so I was still happy with what I was able to accomplish.

• Reviewed on 3/5/2019
Leila M.
  • Reviewed on 5/1/2017

"customer service is top notch!"

Comments: Customer service was very responsive and helped us find the solution we were looking for on a tight timeline even over the holidays. The radius map feature, including the ability to export the entire map at once, gave us the exact functionality we were looking for. Although the product is user-friendly, sometimes I find it counterintuitive.

• Reviewed on 5/1/2017
M R.
Partner Channel Manager
  • Reviewed on 1/6/2016

"Outstanding Product & Client Support"

Comments: My new job requires me to regularly run zip code analysis of our brick and mortar locations against potential new client data. Our Company had been using other mapping software for many years, so I was excited to research and find eSpatial. I was very leery at first, as I am not the most savvy of software products. I could not have been more wrong. I was able to create a free trial account and chat immediately with online support which got me started right away. Albeit not the fastest mapper, eSpatial Support had me up and running in a little over a few conference calls and demos. Kevin O'Brien went on to conduct a demo with one of my executives which allowed us to learn even more about its capabilities. We are excited to start using eSpatial to make better business decisions. I recommend this product to the most novice of users after researching about 4 other competitors.

by eSpatial Solutions on 26/8/2016

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are delighted that you have found our support team met your needs and we look forward to helping you get the insights you seek.

• Reviewed on 1/6/2016
Wally B.
Software Eng
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/9/2016

"Easy to learn, See quick results"

Comments: I enjoyed working with eSpatial. They helped me set-up an automated process to upload customer locations (datasets) daily. They walked me through the process and when we found a problem in their software it was quickly resolved. I really appreciate a company that admits to a problem (bug) and fixes the problem. That's how to build a solid platform!

Pros: The uploader tool was easy to setup and use. I liked the logging.

Cons: The uploader setup tool closed when the save button was pushed. This isn't a big deal, but I like to save often.

Jason J.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/2/2017

"eSpatial Initial Review"

Comments: Awesome,
Meetings were a breeze to setup, they were prompt, accessing the meetings was very simple and directed right to the point. They make this process of selecting their software a snap. If you are in the market, I highly recommend taking the free trial for a test drive. We had a great session with Kevin and Ciarra and they presented us with the programs as if it was tailored for us only. A lot of hard questions were asked and they answered and showed us each of them. The buying decision was easy, and we closed on it after our initial meeting. Look forward to building on this and creating success for our team in the field.

• Reviewed on 8/2/2017
Damaso R.
  • Reviewed on 29/9/2016

"Great product with few areas to improve that will certainly happen in the near future"

Comments: eSpatial is a great product. The data upload interface is easy to manage. It does have a few areas in which it could improve such as allowing one to modify preset values that cannot be customized: font size (would help to be able to enter desired font size instead of picking from the limited choice), base maps (transparency would help), and area of zooms (i.e., you get 75% or 100% but not 81% even with zoom tool so I had to play around with my browser's zoom to get it right after a few tries). These are minor issues and with practice my maps have come out progressively better. Also, the technical support has been great! They offer a personal tutorial and my experience is that they have been patient and understanding - key when someone is learning. I will continue using this product and would recommend it to others.

Jeff I.
  • Reviewed on 9/2/2018

"Unmatched customer service! Responds to requests for help very quickly."

Pros: eSpatial provides an array of functions and tools that help with research, but its ease of use allows me to share information with my team without much introduction to the software. The customer service is what truly sets eSpatial apart.

Cons: I'm not sure there is one specific thing that I dislike about the product, but would love the ability to upload files that are in the Shapefile format.

• Reviewed on 9/2/2018
Brant L.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/8/2016

"Great option for mapping and graphics"

Comments: I was seeking a replacement for previous mapping software I used and eSpatial has been even better than the old system. I utilize both small, single-point maps and large multi-state maps, and eSpatial has handled them all.

Pros: Easy-to-use interface, great graphic options for maps and point icons

Hi Brant,

We're glad you found eSpatial to be more than a suitable replacement for your previous mapping software.

Thank you for your review.

• Reviewed on 8/8/2016
Eric T.
Consumer Insights Analyst
  • Reviewed on 14/9/2016

"Powerful - perfect replacement for Microsoft MapPoint and Power Maps in Excel"

Comments: As powerful as this product is, I was up and running in a matter of minutes. I have been using Map Point (No longer supported) and then switching to Power Maps that was built in to Excel. Needed something more powerful and less time-consuming as I manipulate data. This product does it. Outstanding.

Pros: Great Demo, Easy to learn, extremely powerful, great visualizations, filtering of data, online chat support, Time saver.

Cons: No cons...possible suggestions? I would like to be able to incorporate multiple radius from one point while keeping all points. More of an overlay to all points. ie: 50 miles, 150 miles...

• Reviewed on 14/9/2016
Barbara C.
Analyst
  • Reviewed on 6/6/2017

"Powerful mapping software, good free version"

Comments: The ability to map to low levels in the UK, and good free version.

Pros: Truly excellent customer service. Very helpful. Vast library of maps, covering levels down to UK postcode sectors and parliamentary constituencies.

Cons: It's a bit daunting when you first start, and not always intuitive to use. I spent a lot of time searching for the correct way to do thinks (but that's where the excellent help came in).

• Reviewed on 6/6/2017
Jordan R.
Store Development Strategist
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/3/2018

"This was the easiest decision. Halfway through a demo I knew we couldn't afford to NOT get eSpatial."

Comments: An all-in-one tool with powerful analytics, a user-friendly interface, and a great value.

Pros: It's intuitive, with a high level of customization, ease of reporting features, ability to support large data sets, ability to export easily, etc.

Cons: I'm a brand new user, but I'm wondering if there's the ability to overlay a search of all businesses in a specific industry. If you could easily search "salons", "restaurants", "mechanics", "movie theaters", etc. to overlay with your own data points, it would be an invaluable retail tool as well.

• Reviewed on 16/3/2018
Barbara D.
General Manager
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/1/2019

"Tried for a quick map"

Comments: easy accessible, good customer support and fast response!

Pros: I was searching for an easy to use heat map tool and was using the free trial. It was a great user experience and the tool was extremely easy to use. If I would need to use something more often this would be my choice!

Cons: Nothing to report here.

• Reviewed on 28/1/2019
Dot H.
Network Development Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/7/2017

"It's decently user friendly, will need more guidance from a rep to understand features"

Pros: the ease of uploading data and it's accuracy. The styling panel is great too, lots of different features

Cons: A little confusing and I don't like how I can't have the style pane open simultaneously while adjusting other aspects of my map

• Reviewed on 28/7/2017
Chris D.
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2016

"Fantastic product and service"

Comments: This system provides a tremendous insight into our trading locations to allow us to make dynamic decisions. The team and after sales care are in keeping with the systems quality.

Becca L.

"Thank you!"

Comments: Looks to be an excellent program for our needs, I am excited to explore more and find additional perks.