15 years helping Irish businesses

TeamViewer Remote Reviews

4.6 (11,447) Write a Review!

About TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer remote support software lets you connect securely to computers, access files and applications, and collaborate.

Learn more about TeamViewer Remote

Pros:

The greatest feature is the ease of access to support customers remotely. There was prerequisites to integrate with our existing platform, it was seemless.

Cons:

It's slow and clunky, often having trouble launching. Their new Web Monitoring product which replaced Monitis is half-baked and missing features, we are unable to use it.

TeamViewer Remote ratings

4.6
4.3
4.6
4.4

8.8/10

TeamViewer Remote has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 11,447 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used TeamViewer Remote before?

Filter reviews (11,447)

Vincent
Vincent
IT Manager in Zimbabwe
Security & Investigations, 501–1,000 Employees

Remote assistance, No limits!

Comments: TeamViewer is a great choice for IT professionals, mainly in the service delivery and support fields. I do not see myself looking at other remote tools in the near future.

Pros:

I have not had any issues with installation on all the devices we set up. Easy to connect to remote machines as long as the internet is stable. You can have multiple containers for multiple branches and the file transfer is seamless.

Cons:

I do not like the fact that there are times you cannot connect to a device two versions before the control machine. Some servers with legacy software cannot be upgraded and you will have to drive into the office.

last year

Hi Vincent, We are really pleased to know you have chosen TeamViewer for your remote access solution! Thank you for trusting TeamViewer as a powerful tool for helping you. TeamViewer is backward compatible but not upward compatible. This means that you can connect with your current version to devices that are running the same version as yours or older versions. Likewise, we would like to invite you to join TeamViewer Community https://community.teamviewer.com if you have any troubleshooting questions. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Hope to see you there in TeamViewer Community! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Yurie Katri
Yurie Katri
DevOps Engineer in Spain
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

A helpful tool for working remotely

Comments: Before the presentation, I had to scramble to operate the terminal on the top floor of the office. It was not a security-restricted area and there was no concept of using a remote desktop connection to do the work, so we had to go there personally. However, with the spread of remote work thanks to Corona and the introduction of this tool, it became possible to work with a remote desktop connection from home or in the office, eliminating the hassle of walking. In addition, it is now possible to work from home, so I believe that work efficiency has improved significantly.

Pros:

It is very convenient because you can operate the remote connection destination terminal through a remote desktop connection between offices or in a homework environment without the hassle of detailed configurations. It is also possible to send files, so it is useful when you want to transfer a local file to a remote connection destination. It also supports smartphone apps, so in an emergency, you can access and respond from your smartphone, which is excellent.

Cons:

Sometimes it is strangely cumbersome, and operations such as clicking are disabled and a restart is required, which is inconvenient. Also, as it is not a cheap service in terms of cost, I think if there are several additional contract plans, the barriers to using the paid version will be reduced.

2 years ago

Hi Yurie, Thank you so much for reviewing TeamViewer with the positive feedback! We are happy that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance, cross-platform flexibility, and reliability. We are glad to know TeamViewer is a powerful remote access tool for you and even for your home office! You are invited to join TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) for any troubleshooting questions about TeamViewer. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! See you in TeamViewer Community! Wish you a great day and all the best. Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Mayra
Analyst in Colombia
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Team viewer Review

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, I will give a 4 out of 5 stars to TeamViewer Remote

Pros:

High quality on real-time chat, it works flawlessly every time, it works quickly and efficiently, very well organized and easy to use.

Cons:

Sometimes their customer support team is a bit slow in their response

3 weeks ago

Hi Mayra, We're thrilled to hear your positive feedback! It's great to know that our product's ease of use stood out for you. Your encouraging words inspire us to keep providing solutions that are intuitive and user-friendly. Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Justin
COO in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

There are better Remote Access options Now

Comments: Overall the system is OK. setting up remote access is clunky and overly complicated. The billing system sucks and has limited adjustment ability. The support takes probably a week to get back to you and the call center is always bogged down. It is overpriced for our needs. I have tried reaching out to your support. The support has not been helpful nor interested in working to solution. Overall, the support has lagged (sometimes over a week for a response to a simple question). I have an open ticket though today was told that they don't have my payment which posted 3 weeks ago and require a bank statement to rectify. I sent screenshots of my bank statements as the PDF won't be published for 2 weeks due to the timing of the statements and the finance person said well we can't stop it from going to collections as I asked as they were not accepting the screenshots to wait for the PDF. Overall, the "rules" of teamviewer are archaic and you should just search "TeamViewer class action" if you want more information about the issues that people get with them. I am amazed that there is an expectation that a company could hamstring their customer service soo much. It really is sad that a company with a good product has to be soo bad administratively. I am really disappointed. I have been a customer for 4 years. I am "stuck" in a EULA that is not binding in our state but they are playing mean.

Pros:

App that boots at startup Solid tutorials Mac OS support

Cons:

A lot The price structure does not reflect a small business needs for periodic support Options come and go support is mediocre

5 months ago

Hi TeamViewer user, Thank you for sharing the review about TeamViewer and we are so sorry to hear about the poor experience with TeamViewer. To turn things around and help you with the best possible solution for your case, we encourage you to contact the TeamViewer Support Team (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/customer-support/) for a discussion. We hope that you will receive a satisfying outcome and enjoy the journey with TeamViewer continuously. Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Orion
IT Director in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Easily support remote computers with Teamviewer

Comments: I’ve been an IT engineer for 20 years and have used TeamViewer for multiple clients, in multiple environments. Connectivity was easy, fast, and secure. Installing the product took just a few minutes on both Windows and Mac computers. Deploying the software to clients is also easy and fairly painless.

Pros:

What I like most about TeamViewer Remote is the ease of connectivity to the target computer. Simply enter the Partner ID of the machine you need to connect to, select Remote Control, then click Connect. A prompt will appear, asking for their TeamViewer password - once that is done, you are connected and remotely controlling the computer.

Cons:

The free version of TeamViewer can disconnect at times and prompt you to purchase the product.

Alessandro
autist in Italy
Telecommunications, Self Employed

TeamViewer Software support

Pros:

One of the standout features of TeamViewer Remote is its versatility and ease of use. Here are some pros: Cross-platform Compatibility: TeamViewer Remote supports a wide range of operating systems including Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android. This means you can remotely access and control devices regardless of the platform they're running on. Remote Access and Control: TeamViewer allows you to access and control remote computers or mobile devices as if you were physically present at them. This is incredibly useful for troubleshooting technical issues, providing remote support, or accessing files and applications from a distance. Secure Connections: Security is paramount when accessing devices remotely, and TeamViewer offers encryption and security features to ensure that your connections are safe and protected from unauthorized access.

Cons:

Connection Stability: In some cases, users have reported issues with connection stability, including occasional drops or interruptions during remote sessions. While TeamViewer generally provides reliable connections, occasional network issues can still occur.

3 weeks ago

Hi Alessandro, We appreciate your acknowledgment of our software's strong security measures. Our commitment to providing end-to-end encryption, multi-factor authentication, and consistent security updates is unwavering. It's gratifying to know that you value TeamViewer's performance, versatility across different platforms, and dependability. Have a wonderful day and best wishes. Ying/TeamViewer

Romaric
Software developer in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Advantages of using TeamViewe Remote

Comments: As an IT support, I have to support my bank branches in different cities, so it's very fun to connect to them remote and give them support instead of moving physically to their branch.

Pros:

I like most the usage of TeamViewer for any computer around the world.

Cons:

I like lest API in TeamViewer Remote. I never use it because I don't know how that works.

2 months ago

Hi Romaric, Thank you for choosing TeamViewer for your remote access solution! We would like to invite you to join TeamViewer Community https://community.teamviewer.com if you have any trouble shooting questions. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Hope to see you there in the TeamViewer Community! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Lisa
Billing Administrator in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Quick and Easy Access to help remote users with technical issues

5.0 last month New

Comments: I've used TeamViewer for over 15 years and it has always been very useful in my company. We've never wanted to use anything else.

Pros:

I love that logging onto a user's computer is quick and painless. I love that you can easily assist a user while explaining what you are doing.

Cons:

I don't like when there are updates and you try to log in and you receive a message that says the user has a more recent version than you, and it won't allow you to log in.

alessandro
administrator in Italy
Medical Practice, Self Employed

teamV review

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

very usefull for informatic support for solving software problems by software operators/ programmists

Cons:

very slow dialogue between laptops despite using high speed fiber connections

ANDREW
admin staff in Philippines
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Easy and reliable to use

Comments: it helps a lot in our company, especially in meetings like the use of screen sharing. The chat really helps in connecting everyone.

Pros:

-user-friendly interface. -useful in meeting and discussing things. -screen sharing helps a lot in our meetings.

Cons:

-need to have installed for everyone. -need some improvement to other functions but not necessary.

Music, 501–1,000 Employees

The Big Hitter of Remote Connection Software

Comments: TeamViewer has been incredibly easy to use and has enabled the ICT department to provide a high level of support when responding to support queries. It has led to increased productivity as technicians no longer have to leave their desks for every support ticket and has cut down on response times helping us meet SLAs.

Pros:

The TeamViewer application is very easy to install, with a host app being installed on client devices and the full application being installed on technician devices. Multiple devices can be saved for re-connection rather than typing in remote IDs several times. Once remotely connected, the screen can be locked to prevent remote users from interfering with a technician's actions. The screen can also be 'blanked' to the remote user if the technician needs to perform confidential actions (accessing hidden software shares, etc.). Files can be shared between connections, and there are voice/text capabilities to communicate with remote users.

Cons:

There have been security concerns in the past year or so that have shaken confidence in the software, however TeamViewer have implemented several fixes to improve security and prevent malicious use (steps such as increasing remote ID length and patching software security holes) to remedy the situation. The pricing is not perhaps as competitive as we would have liked.

Thomas
Director in Hong Kong
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great software, easy on non-technical users

Comments: TeamViewer (for 99% of the time) is easy to setup, easy to configure, and easy to use for both myself and my clients. I've been a long term personal user of TeamViewer, and finally wanted to find a solution for work. TeamViewer pricing was kind of expensive, and found cheaper alternatives (AnyDesk). I tried AnyDesk because of its competitive pricing. However, I noticed that it has bugs in terms of requesting the remote computer for administrative credentials. It will just freeze in that screen. When I tried to email the support, they gave me an irresponsible reply, and never managed to fix the issue. At last, I gave up. And I went with the TeamViewer package. More expensive, but worths it.

Pros:

Super easy to use, super easy to install. Latency is great, for most of the time, it's almost like using the computer locally. I can even play videos and does not feel slow.

Cons:

There are times when it's slow though (with lots of clicks, movements, and keyboard hitting), but those are usually heavy tasks, and it'd be better off doing them locally anyway. Even though I'm doing personal stuff, it claims that I was doing work, and kicks me out of the session. Not sure how they managed to judge that.

Francisco Javier
CEO in Spain
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

A great way to offer remote support

Comments: We are using teamviewer to support nearly 200 computers in several countries and the daily use it's really useful. The overall image quality is good and the integrated chat, options to update remotely, reboot, block remote enter, etc makes teamviewer a great support tool. Really advisable

Pros:

If you manage a lot of computers (in my case around 200), its an invaluable solution. It let's you to organize computers in groups to easily access it in a dissatend way. The possibility to add a password to a common use PC it's really helpful. And the portable version TeamviewerQS gives you a great flexibility to help a sporadic customer. The installation is completely transparent to firewall so it's really easy to deploy

Cons:

The support to android devices is a separate license. In my case, have 3 licenses to pc but would have only one license to android, because it's rarely used, but the licenses system of teamviewer require to have the same number to any system. So finally, we decide to not contract this part. The other cons happens with any equipment that have started the software with a non-administrative account because when an elevated privileges process occurs, the screen to introduce the password it's not seen on the teamviewer agent computer. It can be solved with a work-around starting the software with windows credentials type instead of teamviewer credentials, but it's annoying

Matthew
Software Developer in Jamaica
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

An Excellent Tool For Providing Remote Support

Comments: Overall TeamViewer is easy to use and convenient for working remotely or keeping in touch with colleagues via online meetings. I would recommend you give it a try.

Pros:

With TeamViewer files are transferred quickly and privately. It is completely secure. Also, working remotely with TeamViewer is truly easy to do as you are provided remote access which enables you to monitor systems and networks remotely. Some devices that you can access and monitor remotely are Windows and Linux. In addition to remote access you can correspond with colleagues by having online meetings. TeamViewer also has a user friendly user interface. The easy installation and updates takes the stress out of dealing with a new software. Besides a PC , TeamViewer can be used on Android devices. This makes staying in touch on the go easier and more convenient. While other software might allow screen sharing TeamViewer allows you to not only share your screen but it also allows access to your entire PC. The drag and drop feature allows effortless file transfer from one system to another .

Cons:

There are a few issues with sharing very large files but overall TeamViewer is a good choice for small businesses.

Rodrigo
Owner in Brazil
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Is no longer the best

Comments: We use it to serve the customer, solve problems on the remote screen, search for diagnostic files and return corrected files. We also use text chat a lot, but it's so unobtrusive that the customer on the other end often ignores the messages, so you end up using the notepad to highlight and draw attention. Until version 15 I thought it was great. But with the change in the form of licensing, and with the popularization - each person having a different type of license, the problems started. You license version 8 perpetual. They do forced upgrade to version 13 and it doesn't work anymore to 8. But in forced 13 you can't customize the host. Then this year they start pushing to go to 15, but they don't upgrade the perpetual license. So you bought perpetual and now it's dead, you're forced to sign. How to trust a supplier who acts this way? Result: after a decade of using temviewer we are moving to anydesk and khelpdesk.

Pros:

It's fast, in the portable version it's easy to use and doesn't require bureaucracy. You just send the link to the customer, receive the access data and that's it. Great for remote support, copying or sending files and chatting with the customer without the phone.

Cons:

It used to be great, but as the billing model went from perpetual license to subscription, they try to force you to use the latest version to force you to subscribe. So you have a version confusion on the clients, and the older version doesn't access the newer host. The subscription price is also abusive. The support is bad, they are slow to respond and they respond generically.

Food Production, 51–200 Employees

TeamViewer is the best but pricing make many users sign away

Comments: For me it’s the perfect and in top but still pricing is the important issue

Pros:

Team Viewer provides full control accessing computer to computer remotely. I can transfer program files between my side and remote side easily. Access any pc from phone application, it has made easier for me to assist my branches in transport. I make it start with windows and add static password so you don’t need the other side any way as long as pc has internet connection. Switching between OS users by logging off or switching user is very simple. It access pc as admin and it doesn’t ask every task admin rights. Support session record ,Instant message and audio calls which is very useful to contact other side. could show black screen to remote side to get ride of voyeurs.

Cons:

Problem with different version, if you connect with lower virsion it asks to upgrade lower side. Support stopped for old OS. Commercial user license is not competitive.

Nitin
Nitin
Senior graphics designer in India
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Really helpful remote troubleshooting and collaborating tool for work from home startups

Comments: If someone want to make their collaboration seamless without having to take only video calls and explain everything in one go then this tool is is best choice. You can collaborate and take control of your team's desktop or system while recording every step followed while troubleshooting.

Pros:

I have been connected to teamviewer since 8 months, whenever I need help in troubleshooting a project for my team I just have them share their screen take control of everything and its done in no time. Its really reduce time of making things done while working remotely. I also liked the way of collaboration happened via teamviewer, I can be able to share any type of files while live chatting or doing any call. Its easy to setup and use in any type of team.

Cons:

After updating to newer version of teamviewer, cursor from other desktop have been hidden and that's make trouble if client want to show something using their cursor. Also its pricing is not justifiable for me as its basic plan is comparably higher than other solutions.

Ilsa
Hr Administrator in South Africa
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Remote Desktop that works for you

Comments: I use Teamviewer for remote control when im unable to be at work and also to be able to provide technical support to my fellow staff members at other branches. My experience with Teamviewer is only what i can describe as a delight. Its simplicity and ease of access is undeniably the best in its field. It cannot compare to other remote desktops, Teamviewer stands out as the number one platform to use.

Pros:

Team Viewer is very reliable and easy to use. It is a simple and secure way to connect to computers remotely. I love that i can work from home when need be. I like the fact that it has multiple features to choose from and that you dont have to use many apps as on Teamviewer they are already there. The best feature for me is the unattended access allowing me access immediately at any time of day.

Cons:

The only thing i found least to like is that both station's need to be on the same upgrade level on Teamviewer. You cannot access the one if the other is on a different version of Teamviewer. Also if your internet connection is a bit slow it starts kicking you out at times.

last year

Hi Ilsa, Thank you for providing great feedback about TeamViewer! We are happy that TeamViewer becomes a powerful remote access tool with comprehensive performance, cross-platform flexibility, and reliability. For the most part in this situation, TeamViewer does require the remote connections to occur in the same version of TeamViewer. The latest version of TeamViewer is even better and recommended for uses. Following this, we can ensure all users enjoy the best experience, stronger security, and the latest feature on TeamViewer. At the same time, we strongly encourage you to join TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) for any troubleshooting questions. Again, we can't thank you enough for trusting TeamViewer and we hope you enjoy using TeamViewer as always! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Kashan
Assistant Manager IT Systems in Pakistan
Pharmaceuticals, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Troubleshooting get Easier for Remote Areas

Comments: Experience with team viewer was over all good and helps very much for remote support and specially during the lock down but the main issue i have to face is that user have to install it. in the organization structure, admin rights are not provided so it creates a big trouble.
also during the remote session it lags which is the major defect for a technical to work with it as he have to wait after every move of cursor and click to avoid the mistakes and blunders.
Chat and video calling options are great also the request of control is the key feature.
File transfer is slow so it is better to use alternate ways like cloud storage.

Pros:

Team Viewer is a good software for IT persons as well as other users who have to connect with other colleagues or users remotely. This software is mostly use by IT person to provide support to other users who are connected remotely and specially in the scenario of lock down as at that situation you have only option to connect remotely and team viewer helps a lot to get the session and help them out. You can preform chat and video call too through team viewer which help in communicating . Files transfer option is also available.

Cons:

You have to install the software first then you can use it, if the user is on remote side and they do not have admin rights which is not recommended too then you are not able to get the access. It lags too much which cause so much difficulty and due to this lagging chance of mistakes are higher and mostly you have to revert the changes, moreover users are not much technical or knowledgeable normally due to which technical guys face a lot of issues. Files transfer rate is too slow that you have to go on other options.

last year

Hi Kashan, Thank you for sharing the impressive feedback about TeamViewer and we are truly appreciated to hear your positive experience with us! We are glad that you like TeamViewer UI and appearance and enjoy the function of chat in TeamViewer. TeamViewer always looks forward the feedback from all the users and seeks an improved experience. At the same time, we strongly encourage you to join TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) for any troubleshooting questions. Again, we can't thank you enough for trusting TeamViewer and we hope you enjoy using TeamViewer as always! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Santiago
Santiago
Co Editor Chief in Venezuela
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

More than a remote desktop platform, it is the best experience that exists.

Comments: The main problem that virtual work is achieved, is the stability in communications, many platforms have inconsistencies that become a work problem, thanks to TeamViewer we have reversed that situation, we have achieved a much more stable communication than those offered by the competition , at the same time, we have increased communication channels to the best levels that we thought we had a while ago, it has adapted perfectly to our reality and our capacity to pay, I am pleasantly satisfied.

Pros:

Many things make up my liking for TeamViewer, one of which is the possibility of offering assistance in real time, and without inconveniences, to people who depend on the services offered online. Another factor that I use a lot, is to link the equipment I have thanks to the TeamViewer platform, many times I have forgotten in the computer of each an important file for a business presentation, but thanks to TeamViewer it does not become bigger, just use the links I've given and that's it, I have all the files I need available. In addition, you can use your platform to organize virtual work meetings, in this new working age, work with people who live in Costa Rica and the Netherlands, and thanks to TeamViewer it is easy to organize presentations or video conferences, therefore, it is more than a tool, it's an experience.

Cons:

I am very satisfied with your options and capabilities, I can not describe it negatively because it is surprising, only that the commercial options, in terms of prices, could improve, so entrepreneurs can seek to hire other plans more accessible to their financial reality, without neglecting the quality that have reached in this latest version 14.

Vashishrao
Vashishrao
Student in Mauritius
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

TeamViewer - A Fast and Safe software for Remote Control

Comments: Teamviewer is a safe product and it is also uses AES 256-bit encryption. It has enable me to perform task remotely just by sitting from my desk, rather from moving physcially. TeamViewer has helped me to make lots of savings on fuel as well as on time. Worth mentioning is also the customer service that you have after purchasing the product. Below are a few personal advantages I noted while using this application;
- Fast, secured and reliable (The other person can restrict your access at any time, thus it is a positive security concern).
- Able to communicate with the other user via a chat box, voice call or video call.
- Able to transfer files to the other data over TeamViewer itself.
- Able to take screenshots or make video recording of the receipient screen.
- Able to access another device which is not on the same platform (cross-platform).
- Works within a low-bandwith environment.
However, as all great software, it has a cost that comes with it. Thus, if you are planning to use it commercially, it is advised to purchase it, thus increasing the number of users that are connected to simultaenously. Nevertherless, it has proved its capabilities to be among the best remote control software available on the market. As a Junior IT Support Officer, I highly recommend this product.

Pros:

First and foremost, it is one of the best free remote access and free remote control softwate. It enables user (usually IT Support team) to have access remotely on your machine while limiting their physical movement especially during this Covid-19 pandemic. It is also a great tool to be used in environments where there is a low-bandwidth. Moreover it has also helped me to communicates with the recepient via a chat box or via call. I also have the option of transfering files via TeamViewer, thus making it an ideal office tool for anyone who want to gain access to a system without any physcial movement, thus helps in saving time and gas money. It is also a cross-platform application (User can control any device that are on either Linux, MacOS, Android, iOS or even on Rasberry Pi).

Cons:

One of my main concerns is that both parties (that is the person to whom I am connecting remotely and myself) need to have the same version installed on the machine or else, the application will not work. Another disadvantage is that large files cannot be shared over TeamViewer. The computer that I am connecting to also needs to be switched on and active which mean that the application needs to be remained open.

Jhonjerlyn
CEO in US
Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Stable remote connections with much more direct communication.

Comments: My overall experience with TeamViewer has been really good, this software has been helping us within my corporate area and also within the other areas of our real estate company, all of our employees are using it to connect remotely when needed, and they also use it to connect with clients remotely, this software is quite useful in this company and helps us to optimize the remote connection. I must admit that the general use of this platform has been really simple, from the first moment I started using it, you will not know how easy it was, and its general interface is quite comfortable to check several remote connections.

Pros:

One of the main things that I like about TeamViewer is that I can connect to another computer without having to go through a complex process, just by having the ID and password of the computer I want to connect to, I can connect immediately. Another thing that I like is that I can modify the video quality and the fluency of the remote connection, TeamViewer has a function to improve the video quality, when using that function the fluency of the remote transmission can be slightly affected, also when I use the function of improving the smoothness of the connection, the video quality may be affected in a certain way. These two functions help TeamViewer to work on high-end and low-end computers. Lastly, I love the streaming audio and real-time chat, I can also connect with the other person via camera while doing the remote connection, that's great.

Cons:

One of the main things that have to improved within this platform is the transfer of files, on several occasions I have tried to transfer files while making a remote connection, the transfer of files takes a long time even though I try to transfer few files simultaneously. Another thing that needs to be improved is that the App for mobile devices is a bit difficult to use, it does not have a zoom button to be able to zoom in on a specific part of the remote connection, and thus be able to operate a computer much more easily.

last year

Hi Jhonjerlyn, Thank you for contributing valuable time to sharing your unique experience with TeamViewer and we appreciate your recommendation on TeamViewer. We are glad that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance, reliability and user-friendly functionality. Did you know that we welcome all TeamViewer users and fans to visit TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com/) for knowledge sharing and technical discussion. There are more powerful features to discover about TeamViewer and we would love to see you there! Have a wonderful day! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Kevin
Kevin
Software Consultant/Full Stack Developer in Trinidad & Tobago
Program Development, 2–10 Employees

Very Experienced

Comments: Teamviewer key features are VPN, Remote Desktop, Web Conferencing.

Pros:

For years now I have come to know one thing. If you consistently work with multiple systems there are going to be times when you can't find something only for it to be on another system. For this reason Teamviewer is an awesome software. I have been using Teamviewer since 2011 and its uses far out scope its cost. Its free for non-business use and the features for business are great. The most awesome thing is that you don't even need to install their software to help someone. They only need to download and run the install as software. This makes it easy to remotely use access any computer and assist friends and family. If you choose to install you can configure unattended access which keeps your system online and makes remotely connecting as simple as clicking on the remote pc's name. The VPN service make it possible to network via the cloud and share network services. Finally it can also be use for conferencing and remote presentations which can save time for those who work on the move like myself. The most recent update have added a host of security features ensuring that your account is protected from unauthorised logins and usage. This was a well needed addition given the nature of the software.

Cons:

Account Authorization can become tedious as you will need to authorise every new computer you wish to access your services from. Also their is no message or warning (as of review) that shows that your login is block by this feature. They use to have a web browser service but its no longer available and I do miss that feature.

Giau
Giau
manager in France
Restaurants, 2–10 Employees

TeamViewer is the best remote control software on the market

Comments: No need to run from one place to the other, the resource you want to access is just one click away (having programs that run only on Windows / Mac, the software allows us to quickly get to the resource without having to lose time walking from one computer to the other. TeamViewer also allows us to help each other when we have some technical issue.

Pros:

The most outstanding feature of TeamViewer is its ability to provide remote access without requiring installation. This allows you to remotely control a PC or laptop from anywhere in the world, even through tight firewalls.TeamViewer will also allow users to present products, solutions, and services without requiring both parties' computers to be on simultaneously. This makes it easier for salespeople to show their clients what they're offering and make sure they're getting it right before signing off on any purchases (or not).The software has a simple interface that's easy enough for anyone with basic computer skills to understand how it works—though those who don't have much experience with technology may have trouble getting started if their computer isn't set up correctly beforehand (i.e., installing TeamViewer).

Cons:

The app can only be used on one device at a time. So, if you're working on your laptop and trying to connect with someone else's desktop, they won't be able to access their own machine until you're done. - The free version of TeamViewer allows for two connections at a time and doesn't have some of the security features available in other software packages.

last year

Hi Giau, Thank you for your efforts in sharing the awesome feedback about TeamViewer! We are thrilled to know that you like using the module of TeamViewer QuickSupport! We are so happy to hear that you like the eye-appealing interface of TeamViewer! At the same time, we strongly encourage you to join TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) for any troubleshooting questions. Again, we can't thank you enough for trusting TeamViewer and we hope you enjoy using TeamViewer as always! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Harry
Harry
Systems and Digital Marketing Administrator in UK
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Fantastic for Commercial; OK for Personal

Comments: Fantastic piece of software which has allowed us to troubleshoot our user device issues whether it's a mobile or desktop/laptop. The cost is high but the functionality is also great and gets the task done.

Pros:

I'm able to store user machine ID's to my Teamviewer account which allows me to see when their Teamviewer is opened so I can quickly select their session and hop onto it without needing to get the ID/Password from the user. Also how easy it is to get onto the machine with admin privileges is very useful.It's ideal to use within the business frontier if only a few licences are required.

Cons:

The versioning of Teamviewer must always be kept up to date on all machines if updated. We have a QuickSupport shortcut available for all users; however our main Teamviewer software was updated to a newer version which then caused the QuickSupport shortcuts to be updated with a later one from the homepage due to being unable to connect to the newer Teamviewer. (as well as Teamviewer host)

last year

Hi Harry, We are really pleased to know you have chosen TeamViewer for your remote access solution! Thank you for trusting TeamViewer as a powerful tool for helping you. TeamViewer is backward compatible but not upward compatible. This means that you can connect with your current version to devices that are running the same version as yours or older versions. Likewise, we would like to invite you to join TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) if you have any troubleshooting questions. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Hope to see you there in TeamViewer Community! Best, Ying/TeamViewer