15 years helping Irish businesses

TeamViewer Remote Reviews

4.6 (11,423) Write a Review!

About TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer empowers you to connect to any device to support anyone, any process, or anything — from anywhere, anytime.

Learn more about TeamViewer Remote

Pros:

The greatest feature is the ease of access to support customers remotely. There was prerequisites to integrate with our existing platform, it was seemless.

Cons:

It's slow and clunky, often having trouble launching. Their new Web Monitoring product which replaced Monitis is half-baked and missing features, we are unable to use it.

TeamViewer Remote ratings

4.6
4.3
4.6
4.4

8.8/10

TeamViewer Remote has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 11,423 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used TeamViewer Remote before?

Filter reviews (11,423)

Martin
Martin
IT Technician in Kenya
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

A very reliable remote access and control software

Comments: Having used the software for more than 3years now, i would highly recommend it to people. it has really improved over the past years and more features have been added to it

Pros:

Fast connectivity, very reliable and clear audio when it comes to holding meetings and video conferencing.

Cons:

input delays when it comes to accessing and operating a computer remotely

3 days ago

Hi Martin, Thank you for choosing TeamViewer for your remote access solution and we appreciate your recommendation!! We are happy that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance and reliability. Wish you a great day and all the best. See you soon! Ying/TeamViewer

IT Technician in Zambia
Oil & Energy, 51–200 Employees

David's Team Viewers Review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Team viewer allows you to use it for free for personal use. It is easy to use and automatically launches at startup. It support windows, mac and even android and ios.

Cons:

Team viewer cannot be used through a proxy.

3 days ago

Hello David, Thank you for liking TeamViewer! TeamViewer is free for personal use as always. We are happy that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance, cross-platform flexibility, and reliability. Hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Have a great day! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Matthew
IT coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Worst proof it's kind

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Worst software we've used in the past decade. Wouldn't wish this on my enemies

Pros:

It was fine a decade ago but the price hikes for a constantly deteriorating product finally drove us to better alternatives

Cons:

Highest cost, terrible service, constant outages, client software corrupted constantly on update, customer service is a joke.

3 days ago

Hi Matthew, Thanks for taking the time to review TeamViewer! I am so sorry to hear that, I can imagine that isn't very reassuring and that is not the experience we would like you to have. We would like to help you on look into possibilities on easing the concerns with TeamViewer. I would be more than happy to see if our support team and I can do anything to help and suggest you get in touch with us via the TeamViewer Community ( https://community.teamviewer.com/). Alternatively, you could give us a call at: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/customer-support/. We will do the best to see how we can turn things around. I am hoping to hear from you. Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Kyle
Operation Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Teamviewer day to do in IT

Comments: Same as my Pro's and Cons.
I wouldnt stop using Team viewer, i prefer it over other remote support softwares for its ease of use and professional/secure features.

Pros:

Ease of use and setup time. I like the option to have unattended access setup on frequent remote servers that i need to access from my Laptop. Since i tend to move around to different locations for work. Remote access is critical for me

Cons:

I wouldnt really say its a deal breaker, but at first, the installation was a bit lack luster in what options to pick (unattended/restricted access). I had to reinstall the product a few times to get the correct version i wanted but apart from that, its all good. I have come across the black screen bug but i believe that may be a Server issue. But if its a known server issue, i think Teamviewer should add this on their FAQ.

2 months ago

Hi Kyle S, Thank you for choosing TeamViewer and liking TeamViewer! We are so happy to hear from you that TeamViewer is a user-friendly remote access solution! We would like to invite you to join TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) if you have any trouble shooting questions. Hope you enjoy using TeamViewer as always! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

President in US

Daily TeamViewer User

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The ability to organize remote machines by client, show/hide them to various team members, and ease of collaboration.

Cons:

It seems to consume a lot of CPU resources of lower-powered machines, which sometimes impedes or slows down my use of those machines.

3 days ago

Hello John, Thank you for choosing TeamViewer for your remote access solution! We would like to invite you to join TeamViewer Community https://community.teamviewer.com if you have any troubleshooting questions. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Hope to see you there in the TeamViewer Community! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Excellent Service

Pros:

The connectivity is superb and it allow easy access to remote system.

Cons:

Connection time is sometimes slow for access.

3 days ago

Hi TeamViewer user, Thank you for sharing positive feedback about TeamViewer! Have a great day! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Rui
Rui
Employe in Portugal
Architecture & Planning, 11–50 Employees

It is the king of remote work environments

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

As I said in the title, teamviewer remote is literaly the main remote aplication to help our workers, its easy to use and cheap.

Cons:

Some of our messages to the customer support are not answered.

3 days ago

Hi Rui, Thank you for choosing TeamViewer for your remote access solution! We would like to invite you to join TeamViewer Community https://community.teamviewer.com if you have any trouble shooting questions. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Hope to see you there in the TeamViewer Community! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Talal
Officer in United Arab Emirates
Aviation & Aerospace, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Best in operations

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Excellent experience to chat with the group and to communicate

Pros:

Remote access possible when required easy way

Cons:

Permissions asked it give full access to the admin

3 days ago

Hello Talal, Thank you for choosing TeamViewer for your remote access solution! We would like to invite you to join TeamViewer Community https://community.teamviewer.com if you have any trouble shooting questions. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Hope to see you there in the TeamViewer Community! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Enis
Director in UK
Cosmetics, Self Employed

So helpful and easy to use.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Never let us down. Very easy to use and reliable

Cons:

Nothing really negative about it. Straightforward and useful.

3 days ago

Hi Enis, Thank you for liking TeamViewer! Hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Have a great day! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Tami
controller in US
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Love that I can remote in

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like that I can access as well as get support from wherever I am

Cons:

Maybe for a small business it is a little pricey

3 days ago

Hi Tami, Thank you for choosing TeamViewer for your remote access solution! We would like to invite you to join TeamViewer Community https://community.teamviewer.com if you have any trouble shooting questions. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Hope to see you there in the TeamViewer Community! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Emad
Senior Web Developer in US
Machinery, 5,001–10,000 Employees

TeamViewer is packed with unique features but at inflated price.

Comments: The best overall remote access and desktop sharing software in the market hands down, packed with lots of features that you could barely find in any free or paid alternative, but this all comes in a very restricted free plan and inflated price if you decided to upgrade to paid plans, their prices need to be revised and their cancellation policy need to be reviewed and implemented properly for the best of their customers first.

Pros:

A fundamental portion of my work duties require constant and stable remote connection for wide variety of tasks ranging from colloaborating with my collegeus on a project or to overseeing some developments/deployments for platforms or make essential modifications to work in progress, aside from that i use it for a lot of personal tasks to run on my home PC or manage some features in my home network or control devices connected to it, honestly teamviewer is a leader and the most rich feature in the industry when it comes to remote access programs, they managed to dominate the market as it has been in business for a very long time, This program has it all in one package, the program is very compact size run on very minimal machine resources, you can run it unattended without installing a program itself which saves a lot of space and very convenient, you can connect all your devices to your account on the cloud to instantly access and managed all devices with a single click, support multiple platforms and systems, very friendly and easy to learn interface, it can maintain a stable and flawless connection between you and your partner even if the network isn't stable at either side, it has outstanding and mature features available to both free and paid users, sometimes not available or only for paid version on other alternatives (chat, make an audio/video conference with partner or group, transfer a huge amount of files with large size instantly, privacy control and more).

Cons:

I would have given this amazing piece of software the full mark unless it suffers from two basic issues that irritates me a lot and need the company to look for a solution to those problems sooner than later if it wants to keep its loyal customers like me, First and most important one is their pricing plan for paid version, As i mentioned I use the paid version for business but recently the prices has doubled for no apparent reason, and there is no clear cancellation policy on which i can opt out from using this software or change plans to lower one, the customer service need to do more to address this issue and help us by having different options with reasonable price and effective cancellation policy for those who want to change their mind and not get a constant deduction against their will, the Second reason is for the free version for personal use like the one i use in my home, which after latest updates became very messy and disconnect me every 10 seconds with an ambiguous message stating that there is a commercial use detected and a long time out before i regain access and reconnected again and again, I never suffered any such problem like this before, but the free version become very hard to use with this policy which made me sadly revert to less intrusive and more welcoming alternatives, those issues needed to be addressed and resolved ASAP so teamviewer can keep his position as the number one product for remote access of all the time as it once were.

Abraham
Active Directory Administrator in Fiji
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Pros and Cons of TeamViewer

Comments: I was introduced to TeamViewer during the early stages of my career in IT and the software has always delivered when the tough gets going. I've been using TeamViewer now for over 10 years and the current version today has improved immensely since the previous versions. Today, I am fully utilizing almost all the features shipped with TeamViewer from recording sessions during meetings, chat utility, file transfer, audio conferencing, video presentations, etc. It has given me the confidence to perform my duties in the office and outside the office when I am on the go. In addition to the years of experience, I have personalized TeamViewer now as my first choice remote software that I use to manage my own home lab which I can access from anywhere in the world.

Pros:

TeamViewer is a great tool for anyone out there who is looking to manage multiple platforms remotely and with efficiency. I like TeamViewer because it helps me a lot in my line of work, and as an IT professional I need a centralized remote access console to be able to access my devices easily when the need arises. I've been using TeamViewer for the past 10 years and it has enabled me to complete my work from anywhere at anytime, without relying on other technologies such as VPN (Virtual Private Network). Apart from just using TeamViewer to access your computing devices remotely over the internet, it comes with other great features like session recording, file transfer, chat utility and configuration settings to help you customize the software to suit your working needs.

Cons:

The audio conferencing setup and configuration for some users can be an overwhelming experience, especially if the person is not accustomed to configuring software to engage in a conference call. IT support or assistance someone who has better knowledge about TeamViewer may be required in such situations to assist. In some situations I have had to assist end users to configure this feature for them when other audio conferencing platforms fail, and the feedback from the requester is that they have no idea whatsoever on how to proceed with the setup. Perhaps in future TeamViewer may become the go to platform for audio conferencing and chat in regards to other products like Skype and Skype for Business. In my opinion TeamViewer is an awesome tool, why? because it provides the necessary features to improve a person's production when his/her work demands it.

IT Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Used daily by busy IT team

Comments: Now that a lot of our employees are stuck working from home, we can quickly support them in their PC troubleshooting needs without having to be locally present.

Pros:

We have TeamViewer integrated with Ninja RMM and is heavily used daily to support hundreds of remote users. TeamViewer is rock-solid and does the job every time.

Cons:

It would be nice to improve the client experience when requesting support from a technician. Perhaps being able to send a link via email to the user would assist the lesser technically capable users.

Neel
Technical Specialist in US
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Sold, Multiplatform Remote Access and Viewing Solution, with some issues

Comments: I highly recommend TeamViewer -- I had recommended it to several counterparts at peer firms, and have started to use the personal version with my own computers. Several of my users have started using it with their own family and friends once they saw how easy the program is to set up and use.

Pros:

I love how easy this program is to use across many device platforms -- Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. I really like how it allows full control over computers and Android devices. It is rock solid for screen viewing on iPhone, and is really easy to get a user into a support session. It works well and maintains a solid, unfaltering connection even when our available alternatives (Zoom, Teams, Skype for Business, Quick Assist for Windows 10) fail. The device details that the program displays has helped me correct issues that users don't even know they have and suggest updates that users don't even realize that they lack.

Cons:

While the remote screen viewing feature is rock solid on iPhones, the connection seems to be lost very frequently on iPad devices. When this bug is acting up, the product is almost unusable on affected devices. On iOS in general, the OS seems to prompt for disconnection very often on some devices (seems like older devices only in my limited experience). If the user is not paying attention and hits the button to close the screen share, reconnection is required.

Cheikh
TeamViewer Review in Senegal
Computer Hardware, Self Employed

TeamViewer The best

Comments: TeamViewer allows me to earn money without having to travel as a freelancer.

Pros:

TeamViewer is excellent software, as it allows us to transfer files quickly and privately with a high level of security. With TeamViewer, working remotely has become child's play, because you have remote access that allows you to monitor systems, networks, etc... On Windows and Linux. TeamViewer also gives you the possibility to correspond with colleagues during online meetings. The user interface of TeamViewer is also simple for the use of new software. Installations and updates can be carried out without any problems with a single click. When travelling with TeamViewer, you can use your Android devices, making it easy and convenient to be in contact with the target computer. With TeamViewer you can not only share your screen, but also access your entire computer. In short, TeamViewer is an excellent software compatible on mobile and Pc devices.

Cons:

I think it's a good software overall but I find that TeamViewer is very slow when it comes to transferring large files. The other aspect is voice calls really, they are not at their best. The improvement will make a good deal. Finally, without a connection there is no possibility to control or access other devices in our own network.

Ilsa
Hr Administrator in South Africa
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Remote Desktop that works for you

Comments: I use Teamviewer for remote control when im unable to be at work and also to be able to provide technical support to my fellow staff members at other branches. My experience with Teamviewer is only what i can describe as a delight. Its simplicity and ease of access is undeniably the best in its field. It cannot compare to other remote desktops, Teamviewer stands out as the number one platform to use.

Pros:

Team Viewer is very reliable and easy to use. It is a simple and secure way to connect to computers remotely. I love that i can work from home when need be. I like the fact that it has multiple features to choose from and that you dont have to use many apps as on Teamviewer they are already there. The best feature for me is the unattended access allowing me access immediately at any time of day.

Cons:

The only thing i found least to like is that both station's need to be on the same upgrade level on Teamviewer. You cannot access the one if the other is on a different version of Teamviewer. Also if your internet connection is a bit slow it starts kicking you out at times.

last year

Hi Ilsa, Thank you for providing great feedback about TeamViewer! We are happy that TeamViewer becomes a powerful remote access tool with comprehensive performance, cross-platform flexibility, and reliability. For the most part in this situation, TeamViewer does require the remote connections to occur in the same version of TeamViewer. The latest version of TeamViewer is even better and recommended for uses. Following this, we can ensure all users enjoy the best experience, stronger security, and the latest feature on TeamViewer. At the same time, we strongly encourage you to join TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) for any troubleshooting questions. Again, we can't thank you enough for trusting TeamViewer and we hope you enjoy using TeamViewer as always! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Brandon R
Brandon R
Software Engineer in US
Wireless, 501–1,000 Employees

Excellent for time and cost savings. Ideal for support to people outside the company.

Comments: Remote connection is possible from anywhere, so you can work from the office, while traveling, or from home, improving efficiency. It can minimize the amount of time and effort necessary to go to the location, as well as the expense of transportation. Previously, it used to go to the end user to work and solve the problems, but after the introduction, the time to go to the site and the cost of going there are reduced, the work efficiency is improved and the problems are recovered. Good things like shortening the time and reducing transportation costs. It increases work efficiency when dealing with PC problems.

Pros:

It became a means to connect from the inside to the outside, the problems that could be solved, the concrete effects, and the outside. Before I could connect from an external computer to an internal computer through a VPN connection, but I could not do the reverse pattern. It is now possible to connect from inside the company to outside the company, and it is now possible to explain outsiders sharing the computer screen. I use it to teach people outside the company how to operate a computer. If only the ID and password are provided over the phone, you can connect immediately and it is easier to use than other software. Also, the connection is difficult to interrupt and there is no delay in reaction, so you can use it comfortably.

Cons:

Occasionally, you may not be able to connect from the start, or if you think it has hardened during use, the connection may disconnect, so check.

2 years ago

Hello Brandon, Thank you for reviewing TeamViewer and sharing your great experience with TeamViewer! We are pleased to know you have chosen TeamViewer for your remote access solution! Wish you a beautiful day and an unforgettable journey with TeamViewer! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Professional Training & Coaching, 11–50 Employees

TeamViewer, my long time assistant

Comments: Teamviewer is a great application that most IT professional around the world depend on in delivering their services. I have been a user since 2010 and I don't see any indication that I will move away from this for the next couple of years.

Pros:

Teamviewer over the years have improved a lot. New features are being added regularly. I like the fact that the quality of their application hasn't degraded and with all the new similar applications out there, Teamviewer still stands out as the best

Cons:

I don't like when they changed their licensing to subscription based. I paid for version 11 and 12 and I am still using these because I don't need a subscription based licensing. Feature-wise, I don't have anything to dislike.

last year

Hi TeamViewer user, Thank you for contributing your honest feedback and experience with TeamViewer! It is our pleasure to have you on board and support us for such a long time at TeamViewer! We are so happy to hear that you like the eye-appealing interface design of TeamViewer too! Hope you enjoy the journey with TeamViewer as always and Have a beautiful day! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Vernessa
Vernessa
Freelance Writer in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

TeamViewer Makes Remote Support Easier On ALL Platforms, Has a Simple Interface, and is Portable, Too

Comments: TeamViewer is operating system agnostic. I'm grateful it is NOT just for Windows. As a Linux user (as well as a Windows user) one huge benefit for me is that TeamViewer has a native Linux implementation. And they have iOS and Android apps. This means I can provide support remotely from any of my computers and even my phone or tablet. (But I'm not a big fan of doing sensitive work from a phone!) Another benefit is the interface: it is so simple that asking the person who is receiving remote support to do anything in it doesn't freak them out. (A calm end-user makes helping them out a much easier undertaking!) TeamViewer offers "contact management" but it is not a contact manager in the way we usually think of contact management. When it's time to offer support to long-standing clients (or friends or family) it's nice to have their contact details -- as they relate to accessing their computer -- only a few clicks away. I haven't ever had a need to use the collaboration features for groups -- no group meetings or group chats -- so can't speak to how well those are implemented or whether Teamviewer does a better job than other apps designed for those purposes. Overall, TeamViewer is my go-to solution for remote desktop control.

Pros:

At one time, providing computer technical support for business clients, friends and family was the major part of my work life. Over the years I tried numerous so-called "remote control" softwares. Hit or miss, they mostly missed the mark and made working remotely more painful than enjoyable. I wasn't truly satisfied until I encountered TeamViewer. They somehow got it right. These days I spend less time doing remote support for business and more for friends and family. For non-commercial use, TeamViewer is totally free so I use it to help them out when needed. Some features I really like: TeamViewer doesn't get hung when opening larger applications. For example, I've opened Microsoft Word and LibreOffice, both of which are resource-heavy applications, edited documents and spreadsheets, then saved them without any issues. The file manager is not too shabby. I've moved thousands of files from one location to another on the remote computer without hiccups. Regular screen-draws on the other end appear the way they should with decent clarity and in focus. Fonts are very readable (and looking pretty close to what was intended). For purposes of documentation, there are three features I've relied on at different times: the chat messaging function, the ability to record a session especially when trying to figure out what went wrong during a particular process, and viewable log files.

Cons:

In my opinion, the "cons" aren't many and the "pros" far outweigh them. Admittedly, TeamViewer is a little slow when doing anything movement intensive. Screen-sharing could use some improvement. And the file manager isn't the prettiest (could definitely use a design overhaul). The biggest complaint I've had about TeamViewer has always been that it is too expensive for a very small business (think microbusiness or solopreneur). At the time I really had a need for it in my one-person firm, I would have gladly paid a monthly fee for access (those lesser softwares offered monthly plans!). So I resorted to using the weaker remote support softwares for commercial endeavors and used TeamViewer for personal friends and family. Shame.

Santiago
Santiago
Co Editor Chief in Venezuela
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

More than a remote desktop platform, it is the best experience that exists.

Comments: The main problem that virtual work is achieved, is the stability in communications, many platforms have inconsistencies that become a work problem, thanks to TeamViewer we have reversed that situation, we have achieved a much more stable communication than those offered by the competition , at the same time, we have increased communication channels to the best levels that we thought we had a while ago, it has adapted perfectly to our reality and our capacity to pay, I am pleasantly satisfied.

Pros:

Many things make up my liking for TeamViewer, one of which is the possibility of offering assistance in real time, and without inconveniences, to people who depend on the services offered online. Another factor that I use a lot, is to link the equipment I have thanks to the TeamViewer platform, many times I have forgotten in the computer of each an important file for a business presentation, but thanks to TeamViewer it does not become bigger, just use the links I've given and that's it, I have all the files I need available. In addition, you can use your platform to organize virtual work meetings, in this new working age, work with people who live in Costa Rica and the Netherlands, and thanks to TeamViewer it is easy to organize presentations or video conferences, therefore, it is more than a tool, it's an experience.

Cons:

I am very satisfied with your options and capabilities, I can not describe it negatively because it is surprising, only that the commercial options, in terms of prices, could improve, so entrepreneurs can seek to hire other plans more accessible to their financial reality, without neglecting the quality that have reached in this latest version 14.

Laura
Laura
Member Services Coordinator in Canada
Renewables & Environment, 2–10 Employees

A necessity for our operations

Comments: This has become not just another tool that we use, but an absolute necessity to efficiently operate throughout the course of a day.

Pros:

We use TeamViewer daily and rely on it to access dozens of remote sites, and hundreds of individual computers. The biggest benefit is that it's accessible anywhere. The app is really good once you get the hang of controlling mouse movement from a mobile device. Locations can be grouped together and notes made on specific computers, making it really easy to keep track of who is who and where you're logged into at any given time. On the desktop app, you can log into multiple computers at once and toggle between them. For our purposes, this makes things incredibly efficient to be able to do remote software installations on multiple computers at the same time. Logs can be pulled both by the administrator as well as by a remote computer to see who has accessed them and when. This level of transparency is great. Administrator functions for the most part need to be done from the website, which is fairly simple to use. There are a lot of features that we have yet to integrate to their full potential, so it is always a bonus to find new ways to use a tool like this.

Cons:

The desktop app has had some minor flaws over the past few versions, where it does things like sometimes consistently refuses to connect the first time a connection is attempted, but then always connects on the second try. Sometimes it's a pain having to go to the website and do all of the authentication steps just to change a simple administrator thing. I haven't seen any way to log into multiple devices from the mobile app.

Aleksandar
C# Developer in North Macedonia

A lot of features

Comments: TeamViewer definitely provided a lot of comfortability in my daily tasks - back then. It has great features and I absolutely love it. I have listed very few drawbacks, but compared to the benefits, the drawbacks are really minor. Also, the fact that pretty much everyone around me is familiar with the TeamViewer and the concept, made the things much easier for me.

Pros:

The options to choose between having fixed/static or changing id. One would allow safety and the other would allow an easy and convenient way of connecting to the same machine. Also, the call option is very handy (once you understand how to use it). It will save you from the trouble of needing to use another software for a voice call.

Cons:

What would really frustrate me was the need to mute the mic if I am already on a call with the same end-machine using another software. For example, I would have a skype call that at some point requires Teamviewer to clarify things. We start the TeamViewer session with the other end, and a very loud echo would start because by default the mic on TeamViewer was on. Often the other end of the call doesn't know how to deal with it, and by the time we understand and go to the options of team viewer to mute the mic, some time would pass.

Kevin
Kevin
Software Consultant/Full Stack Developer in Trinidad & Tobago
Program Development, 2–10 Employees

Very Experienced

Comments: Teamviewer key features are VPN, Remote Desktop, Web Conferencing.

Pros:

For years now I have come to know one thing. If you consistently work with multiple systems there are going to be times when you can't find something only for it to be on another system. For this reason Teamviewer is an awesome software. I have been using Teamviewer since 2011 and its uses far out scope its cost. Its free for non-business use and the features for business are great. The most awesome thing is that you don't even need to install their software to help someone. They only need to download and run the install as software. This makes it easy to remotely use access any computer and assist friends and family. If you choose to install you can configure unattended access which keeps your system online and makes remotely connecting as simple as clicking on the remote pc's name. The VPN service make it possible to network via the cloud and share network services. Finally it can also be use for conferencing and remote presentations which can save time for those who work on the move like myself. The most recent update have added a host of security features ensuring that your account is protected from unauthorised logins and usage. This was a well needed addition given the nature of the software.

Cons:

Account Authorization can become tedious as you will need to authorise every new computer you wish to access your services from. Also their is no message or warning (as of review) that shows that your login is block by this feature. They use to have a web browser service but its no longer available and I do miss that feature.

Raymond
Upwork in Philippines
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Teamviewer is very convenient to use

Pros:

TeamViewer is a powerful remote access program that offers users a simple and effective way to connect to and operate devices from a distance. Its ease of use, high level of dependability, and security make it a top choice for both individuals and corporations.TeamViewer's adaptability is one of its strongest features. It is simple to connect to practically any device because it supports a wide range of operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android. Additionally, the software enables a variety of connection methods, including as file sharing, online meetings, and remote control, so users may select the one that best suits their requirements.Incredibly user-friendly, TeamViewer has a simple, clear interface that is simple to use.

Cons:

One of the main issues with TeamViewer is its cost. While the software is free for personal use, its premium versions can be quite expensive, making it less accessible to small businesses and individuals on a budget. Additionally, the licensing model can be confusing, with different features and capabilities being locked behind premium subscriptions.Another potential drawback of TeamViewer is its security. While the software implements robust security measures, there have been reports of security vulnerabilities and data breaches in the past. This may raise concerns for those who are looking to use the software for sensitive or confidential tasks.Finally, some users have reported that TeamViewer can be slow or unreliable, especially over long distances or low-bandwidth connections. This can be a major hindrance for those who need a fast and responsive remote connection.In conclusion, while TeamViewer is a highly capable remote access software, its cost, security concerns, and performance issues may limit its appeal to some users. It's important to weigh these cons against the benefits of the software before making a decision to use it.

Almir
Almir
SDR in Bosnia
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Great Remote Access Solution

Pros:

One of the standout features that I absolutely love about TeamViewer is its ability to facilitate remote access to another person's desktop or mobile phone. This functionality provides users with the convenience and flexibility to access online solutions, including video and audio communication, from a remote location. What makes TeamViewer even more remarkable is its emphasis on safety and security. The platform ensures a high level of protection by requiring an ID and password for remote access, thereby safeguarding sensitive information and maintaining user privacy. This combination of remote accessibility, online solutions, and robust security measures makes TeamViewer an invaluable tool for seamless collaboration and efficient remote support.

Cons:

I have not encountered any significant downsides to using TeamViewer; it has consistently proven to be a reliable solution whenever the IT team needed remote access to my computer. However, one aspect that could be improved is the pricing of TeamViewer, which I find to be on the higher side compared to some other remote access tools. Additionally, while the customer support provided by TeamViewer is generally satisfactory, there is room for improvement in terms of responsiveness and availability. Nonetheless, despite these minor areas for enhancement, TeamViewer remains a valuable and effective tool for remote access, offering seamless assistance when needed.

9 months ago

Hi Almir, We are really pleased to know you have chosen TeamViewer as your trusted remote access solution. We are so thrilled to know that TeamViewer became a powerful and reliable tool for you to remotely connect to others at the same time! Without your support and trust, TeamViewer can't become the all-in-one remote access solution with reliability and cross-platform flexibility. We wish you a pleasant journey with TeamViewer and Happy connections! Best, Ying/TeamViewer