15 years helping Irish businesses

About Setmore

Setmore offers a free, online scheduling platform for you to connect with your customers.

Learn more about Setmore

Pros:

The price is great and there is no fuss if you want to switch back to a free version.

Setmore ratings

4.6
4.7
4.3
4.7

9.0/10

Setmore has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 953 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Setmore before?

Jared
Jared
CMO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Setmore for Business

Comments: I've been able to generate my return of investment within the first month and not just that be able to give value to clients in documentation and also frequent meetings.

Pros:

It's easy to program to the social media for your business or service to be able to allow clients to book time with you so you don't have to be there for them to do it.

Cons:

I can't use a custom domain and sometimes it does interfere with my clients experience because they think I work for the company.

2 years ago

Hi Jared, Thank you for taking the time to review Setmore! Thrilled to hear that you think Setmore is easy to use for your social media platforms and that customers can book from those platforms. It's great that you think Setmore offers simplicity and doesn't need a high level of tech experience to use. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve the service we offer. We'll make sure to pass on your comments to the team. Julia, Community Team

System Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

I love that Setmore is so simple to use

Comments: Setting up Setmore couldn't be easier because to its user-friendly UI. Client self-booking, automated appointments, and prompt customer service are three of my favorite aspects. For extra features, you can pay an additional fee or subscribe to a premium subscription.

Pros:

My favorite thing about Setmore is how easy it is to use, yet filled with all the information I need to book the right appointments and services every time. Within the first month, I was able to create my return on investment and provide value to my clients via documentation and regular meetings.

Cons:

Setmore's sole flaw is that it can occasionally crash. Occasionally, things don't save correctly and updates don't appear until hours later when you reenter the application. Setmore's only genuine flaws are these little hiccups in the system.

2 years ago

Hi there Sarah, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Thrilled to hear that you think Setmore is simple to use, terrific and affordable to help manage your business. It's great that you like the social media integrations, client self-booking, automated appointments, and prompt customer service. If you require any assistance, do not hesitate to reach out to our 24/7 team via the live chat in the app or at [email protected]. Happy Scheduling! Julia, Community Team

Sarah

A good, easy to use program, well-priced, but with a lot of unusual glitches

Comments: We love the features, we love the pricing...but we find that there are a lot of glitches going on that make our business look unprofessional. As a medical office, its important for us to appear professional...and Setmore has let us down on this front quite a few times.
Asking questions or lodging complaints with the company is tricky, as they're always dodging blame. Its always possible to 'chat' with a consultant, but I think English isn't always their first language, making some communication tricky.
That said, the main part of the program works well...but be prepared for some odd glitches occasionally - like clients sometimes being able to book outside of your booking hours (which they tell me isn't possible...yet its happening), or SMS reminders just not being sent (even if the system says they were). Another time, a client managed to log in as an administrator and somehow set herself up as another practitioner....that was odd too. But according to Setmore, we did that ourselves and she couldn't possibly have done it (they said as they deleted her practitioner profile).
Most of our clients find the Setmore online booking website easy to use, but don't bother trying to set up a lead time for appointments...I don't know why, but even when they changed it from 2 days to 24 hours, it still wouldn't allow clients to have the lead time we wanted (i.e. the amount of time required to book an appointment online so we didn't end up with any surprise appointments).
Also, be prepared to constantly sync your duplicate clients in your database...it is incredibly annoying and time-consuming.
In addition, the recurring appointment feature had to be disabled on our account, as if clients wanted to edit one appointment in a series, we would have to search back to find the original appointment in the recurring series, delete or change that one...and THEN edit every single appointment from then on (it sometimes was weeks or months of edits to be made for one appointment to be changed), so we no longer use that feature.
The widget to link through to our Wix website however is very handy, and they are trialing features such as 'classes' and Stripe payments. We cant comment on how the payments feature functions, as we don't use it.

Pros:

Ease of use. Even technologically-challenged clients do not find it daunting to book online. Configurations for appointment times, and setting individual practitioner shifts are really flexible. SMS reminders included in the price - fantastic. Customised SMS reminders are a wonderful bonus. Widget to link a booking page to our website is great.

Cons:

Glitchy. Communication...good but challenging. SMS reminders sometimes don't get sent. Recurring appointment feature does not work for our business. Duplicate customers are constantly being created, and syncing them takes time.

Lavanderia
Application Developer in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Effective Booking and Scheduling With Setmore

Pros:

With Setmore, managing appointments and appointment scheduling has been easy What I like most is the ease of booking online and the fact that it is affordable too.

Cons:

Well, Setmore has been the best and no issues with booking

Annabelle
Annabelle
Director in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Fantastic app for scheduling and appointments

Comments: Fantastic - highly recommend, especially for the 24/7 customer service

Pros:

This app is amazing and has transformed my business. 24/7 customer care - they reply within minutes and screen share in seconds if we really can't get to the bottom of something and it's always been resolved. Two way integration of Google calendar (with name of client on appointments, unlike Fresha so I know who I'm seeing), everything is SO easy to implement. Lots of characters, so I can provide a full description of business and services. Basically everything you need to create seemless online bookings and it's FREE

Cons:

The ONLY feature that's missing, is while colours are processing (eg for 45 mins), (they call it a buffer), there's no way myself or clients can book in a cut while it's processing. So basically the 45 min 'buffer' is blocked out. Easy to get around - if someone contacts me, I just tell them to come in during a process time, but I have highlighted this fault with them.

12 months ago

Hi Annabelle, Thank you for taking the time to provide such a lengthy review. Firstly, it's wonderful that you think the app has helped transform your business, you appreciate the 24/7 customer support, and the 2-way google calendar sync functionality. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve the service we offer. We'll make sure to pass on your comments to the developers for consideration. Julia, Community Team

Mindy
Mindy
Owner in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Upset that I must cancel Setmore because my clients can't buy memberships/packages.

Comments: I am cancelling Setmore and am frustrated with myself for not seeing in advance that client online purchasing options are extremely limited and dysfunctional for the nature of my business. but overall I think many people who choose Setmore will be satisfied with the features and functions for the low price.

Pros:

Very easy to set up and use and I love that it integrates with Square and has a new downloadable app for customers -- customers can add your booking app to their home screen on their phone. All functions are pleasant to use.

Cons:

I still can't believe they market their service to fitness professionals yet you can't sell packages of sessions to your clients. I don't know any personal trainers who have clients that just buy one appointment at a time -- they save money by buying 10-packs or paying a monthly subscription. I also thought it was disappointing that you can "remove Setmore branding" on the premium subscription, except that you CAN'T remove all branding -- you can't have a custom domain so clients must go to a Setmore URL to view your booking page even on the premium plan. The customer service associate was pleasant in the chat but instead of just answering my question about if they offer memberships/packages they advised me not to worry about setting up my account and to instead book a demo with their team and allow them to help me set up my account. I had to make them look into my actual question and answer it. If I had a different type of business I would probably use Setmore as they have so much going for them.

2 years ago

Hi Mindy, Thank you for taking the time to review Setmore and providing us with feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having to cancel Setmore due to not having appointment packages. I'm going to pass on your comments to the developers to highlight the need for this feature. We hope we will be able to welcome you back to Setmore in the future. Julia, Community Team

Gidon
Gidon
CEO in Israel
Nonprofit Organisation Management, Self Employed

Excellent appointment maker

Comments: Setmore helped me overcome a weird block I had against Google Calendar (I am all google all the time with many other Google products) by "forcing" me to synch with it (for best impact). It has made my meeting setups 1000% better and really my whole day more efficient.

Pros:

Cons:

I use it to schedule one on one Zoom meetings. It works very good for this. I would perhaps suggest creating a different version of Setmore especially for people like me, who are trying to just coordinate one on one meetings. A version that would look less like "buy a massage slot" and more like "set up a meeting with someone who's not trying to sell you something". I find myself apologetic when I am trying to set up a meeting with someone higher than me in status Also, some people said that they need to sign in or sign up to use it?? Maybe because a masseuse needs certain info, but a "let's get on a call together" really just needs name and email.

Keri
Keri
Systems manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Easy to use, lots of integrations available

Comments: I have loved setmore enough that I have recommended and even set it up for others

Pros:

I tried multiple schedulers before deciding on Setmore for my podcast interview scheduling. There is a free version that is highly functional and does everything I need. When helping someone else build their business, I was able to use Setmore to integrate with their systems as well. The paid version is worth the price for the extras gained, such as additional payment integrations and sms appointment reminders.

Cons:

Some areas may be improved by more customization options, but I’m pretty happy with what is already possible

2 years ago

Hi Keri, Thank you for taking the time to review Setmore! Thrilled to hear that you think Setmore is easy to use and appreciate all the integrations we offer. It's great that after trialing different schedulers, you chose Setmore Free as it has everything you need. We'll pass on your comments to the team. Julia, Community Team

Holly
Holly
REALTOR® Designated Managing Broker in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

So far, so good!

Comments: So far so good. I reached out to support Via the chat feature and they were very helpful.

Pros:

It’s easy to set up and get started. I tried others for a minute and never finished

Cons:

Wish it synced with multiple calendars as I have 5. So I have to do some shifting around after people schedule an appointment; which can defeat the purpose sometime.

Stephanie
Therapist in US
Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Setmore was a sleek, cool and easy way of scheduling appointments for clients

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Loved it and would use it again in the future if the need arises.

Pros:

Easy to use and setup, features were convenient and helpful.

Cons:

It's been a while since I used it, but at the time a place to write some notes would have been helpful. Also merchant fees could be lower.

Lela

Almost met all my needs

Comments: Overall, with as much as I like it, the inability to book multiple services with one buffer time is a deal breaker for me and I'm probably going to have to go with another software.

Pros:

I like that the software integrates Square for CC processing, which I have already been using for years. I like that it is easy to set up. I like that you can add a buffer to the services, that really helps with the new cleaning requirements due to Covid.

Cons:

I am disappointed that I am unable to book multiple services from my end of the software. This is huge for me as I rebook my clients at the end of every appointment. If I had to rely on my clients to rebook themselves in a timely manner they would forget and my schedule would be disrupted. Not being able to do this affects my business income, which is a huge problem. Other minor concerns are, 1) color coding of services, when a service is added to a category, it should automatically take on that categories color, not a random one. 2) it would be nice if there were a deposit option on booking instead of just full payment, it should have a percentage of service total option, 3) I can't see all schedules for the day side by side 4) I also wish there was an option to have memberships available

Danny
Director in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Setmore diary

Comments: Customer support has been excellent and they have taken on-board various suggestions for future software upgrades. Both the team and our patients find the system very beneficial.

Pros:

The package is easy to use and my patients really appreciate the email and text reminders as well as the online booking system. As a team we can access it anywhere. Overall it has reduced our need to answer the phone as the patients book themselves in direct.

Cons:

It does take a bit of getting used to - setting up and navigating - but once you've got the hang it's a simple system to use. I wish there were more exciting colours to choose from for the various services available.

Michelle
Producer - Digital Marketer in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

I really love Setmore! It does what it's supposed to do with a few surprising perks!

Comments: Overall, it's exactly what I need at a rate I can afford.

Pros:

I was having a difficult time choosing between Setmore & Calendly. The integration (easy) to my social media accounts, free trial with ability to sell on free account, and great instant customer service made them the winner. It's a great tool overall and they make it so easy and friendly to use. I also love that I can put different images in to represent my lifestyle course one on one calls!

Cons:

The need to create multiple staff members in my account to set a different schedule/day for a service. It would be easier to simply be able to adjust or customize the calendar slot (open and close days) straight from the product itself. It's mostly all good though. I'm new and haven't found any real issues here in Setmore.

Jim
Fine Art, Self Employed

Service with a smile

Comments: I will now be able to book appointments with my clients when they click a button on my website, when I text them a link to my booking page, offer that link in social media, and email it to anyone wishing to meet with me. This is awesome.

Pros:

Upon trying out Setmore for the first time, I began experimenting with features and setting up my schedule. Very quickly I was met with a chat by a friendly "Hello". Every time I came upon something I had a question about, another assistant chimed in to say Hi. I ended up asking questions as I came upon them, then was already accustomed to using the chat by the time I asked a few questions on my own. Relevant articles were suggested, direct answers were given. I am discovering, with all this help how powerful and simple this app is. Also, since I am getting really fast response, I am more efficient using the app. I intend to integrate it with my website.

Cons:

I sincerely cannot think of a negative aspect to Setmore.

Corinne
RMT/Owner in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Excellent value, reliable online booking system

Comments: I am a sole-proprietor massage therapist. My job does not allow me to answer phone calls during the day, and I prefer to not be returning calls during my small breaks between clients. The online booking option is perfect for my business. Most of my clients are now booked with recurring appointments, or will book online using the "Book Now" button on my facebook page. This allows me to spend less time on the phone. Less time on the phone greatly decreases the amount of time I spend on administrative tasks.

Pros:

I wanted software that would allow online booking and text reminders that was affordably priced for small business.

Cons:

Two complaints: 1. I really need the option to display only the first name of clients that are booked in to the system. My workspace is oriented in a way that clients can see my calendar while booking, and as a regulated health professional it is required for me to protect this information from public viewing. 2. There is no option to email, export, or print any appointment history. I am often required to share this information and it is a very common feature for other appointment systems. Currently I am required to cut and paste this information from Setmore where it is not easy to even highlight for copy. It seems to be a feature that should have been added after all these years I've been waiting for it now.

Jörgen
Physiotherapist in Estonia

Why I still use Setmore

Comments: So far very satisfied with constant improvements in Setmore.

Pros:

Very easy to manage, great customer support, clear and simple interface.

Cons:

Lots of bugs over time while booking an appointment or especially when changing currenty booked appointment. Many times customers are overbooking each other, even when it is not allowed in the settings. For an example, two customers have probably booked from computer at the exact same time. So one of them gets the appointment created email and the other does not. But for the first timers it is very confusing so they both come at the same time it was available. I suggest implementing a small time frame the booking has to be made, so when a customer clicks on the preferred time he/she is the only one accessible for that appointment in this small time frame, lets say 2 min. Other thing which would be beneficial for the users would be so called "Customer view". Simple push of the button in the booking calendar view for the administrator that would hide currently booked customer names, so when Client is in the office he/she can choose another available time without seeing other customers names and info. So to say discreet view for customer eyes.

Bill
Co-Owner, IT & marketing in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Day Spa Booking software

Comments: Good, but could be better.

Pros:

Setting up services is smooth and allows for the order to be determined by client and not A-Z. Most booking software do not allow for this. Thus you can not put your top selling services at the top of the booking page for ease of clients that book online. Sends confirmation emails and reminder text. The reminder text greatly reduces no-showes. Easy ability to download booking information into spread sheet that can be uploaded into email markeing programs. Keeps an ongoing data base of all clients year to year. So you data base just gets larger. Not difficult for staff to learn to use for booking appointments.

Cons:

Does not have a staff only interphase that can be at the front desk. To allow staff to have all functions they must use admin page. That allows for booking software surfing by staff and the deletions of settings and services by mistake. Does not allow for Room booking. Only does staff booking. So if a services requires more then one staff member can result in over booking and angry clients. Needs the ability to be able to book rooms or service areas, then when assigned to staff, then staff can receive emails on service times. Currently does only books staff. So my staff never receives booking notifications. I have each set to areas or rooms in the spa. Does not allow payment processing threw local banks or other merchants that have lower interest rates compared to Strip and Square.

Trevor
Owner in Australia
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

Good system to use but could expand it's services

Comments: We use this as an online ordering portal that connects our services to the technician who is doing the work. It is basically Online > client > select requirements > Set date and time > assign technician to service > add to calendar.
The flaw is that we use service m8 to also schedule and invoice (then to Xero for accounting) and it doesn't connect to it (yet - hopefully one day), so there is a deal of double handling for us.
You can do payments in this service which is great, but our first one was awkward and we were not sure of the success. It's not the programs fault, I think it was the fault of the external party.
A few things are a bit clunky and not able to be customised, Im a believer everything should have an option to customise as every business has its own development requirements.
Overall, we are long time users (years) and wont change systems now. Just waiting for this one to go through enhancements..... Please........

Pros:

Easy to use for all levels of system users. Looks good and professional. Great for basic businesses or education environments.

Cons:

There are limitations depending on your own personal requirements. We do have to do work arounds to get it to fit our needs and it can be disappointing and frustrating. However saying that, it's a service that is not designed for what we need it to do, we use it because it links to other thinks that we like to use it for. I would love to see it expand as I think it has potential but some businesses would find this limiting.

Kirsten
ceo in US
Human Resources, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Product

Pros:

Everything about this product is easy and fluid. I have been using setmore for 2-3 years. I can link it to landing pages, customize the features

Cons:

They have two glitches. One is that you can limit the future ability to set an appointment, I choose 2 days. The HUGE problem is that it counts the weekends even if your office is closed and no employees work on weekends. So I can send out emails of Friday to have people set Monday appointments. REALLY REALLY BAD as it messes up all on my online advertising and ability to have people schedule during the weekend for Monday appointments. It doesn't allow people to schedule during times it is closed, it just doesn't jump to Monday, like there is no workweek only feature. IT ALSO doesn't allow you to link to a page. it has its thank you page which you can add a link to but it does not allow you to customize that page. for example I don't want a thank you page I want it to jump to a website. the best I can get is a link at the bottom....which no one sees as they skim it as a thank you page.

Roché
Salon Owner in South Africa
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Brilliant app without having to buy the premium version

Comments: Setmore is a brilliant booking system, it's one of the few free versions that I have used which offers many features without having to upgrade. The customer support is excellent.

Pros:

You can access your diary from any device. Clients can make their own bookings. It sends confirmation of bookings. Saves all of the client info & history.

Cons:

You can't create multiple service bookings for a client unless the client books from our bookings page. You can't create a buffer time per booking instead of per service, this can accumulate when booking multiple services. The app often doesn't show all the bookings that have been made. The online version has a tab that says today on the calander but when you change the date it doesn't change from today to 'Tuesday' for example. You can't type to search for a service when using the online version but you can on the app. If we decide to open on a certain day during peak season we can't just book that specific day without allowing bookings when we have time off or changing our business hours. We can't book time off for multiple staff members at once, it needs to be done individually.

Helen
Psychologist in Australia

Professional looking Appt Calendar

Comments: I really like it. I am looking at using the automated text message reminders as my client load builds and I can afford it. A great professional looking calendar for people just starting out in business. I simply googled and trialled several other calendars. I found Setmore the most professional looking and easy to use for myself and my clients making their own appointments online.

Pros:

It's a professional looking appointment calendar to clients who book online. This is important to me as others such as Calendly don't look serious. I have corporate clients, senior professionals and business owners as clients. It's important the look and feel of the calendar looks highly professional. All my clients have found it easy to use. I also like the immediate notifications via the app I get when clients book in online.

Cons:

The ipad version is very slow to reload. I find accessing Setmore through my ipad via Safari easier and faster to load and work with, than using the ipad version. I can't see the full view of my calendar using the ipad app as opposed to accessing it through Safari

conor
IT-Manager in Ireland
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Disgraceful

Comments: This company is an absolute disgrace, they provide a simple service and yet cant even run it correctly. I spoke with 12 individual customer support agents, all in an attempt to solve 1 simple issue, they consistently left the chat once they realised it wasnt a simple fix, or else told me the issue was on facebooks end and not theirs, despite this being impossible as the data showing up in my error message could only be coming from their servers, just to make it that bit worse, I contacted facebook to get confirmation and in 3 hours had a response from them confirming the issue was not with them, The Setmore team then told me they would have to contact Facebook to confirm this despite me sending screenshots and also providing a detailed bug report for them, they have no clue how to fix their issues and their system has several bugs, 4 days ago they told me they messaged Facebook and today they told me they still had no response, i find it funny how i got a response in only a few hours and yet after 4 days a company of their size couldn't make contact. AVOID this company at all costs. So many better options out there as we have recently discovered.

Pros:

Nothing there is way better options out there

Cons:

This company has been an absolute nightmare to deal with, their customer support is like dealing with infants who have zero technical knowledge. Avoid at all costs, better options out there which provide far better service.

Irma
Self Employed Master Barber in US
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Setmore for small business

Comments: Frustrating, lack of confidence, irritating. Do recognize eventually when they are at fault and will financial compensate. When it works it's great BUT all to regularly it doesn't work and can impact the bottom line of your business. They are not financially compensating for that, just your subscription fee

Pros:

They ha ve recredited my account for the failure of the service meeting the agreement I paid for. When you insist on being escalated. You will eventually get through to an English speak who can fully understand the nuisances of the language. There by getting "what is" and being able to provide customer service.

Cons:

Setmore online calendar is slow, restricting and inflexible on phones. It is most flexible through the google calendar BUT that connection of syncing between Setmore and Google calendar continuously breaks down. I had to wait 2weeks to get the fix done. It has continuously failed over the past 11months of subscription, and adversely affected my business. The first tier of customer service support do not have English as their primary language, and a substantial amount of frustrating time can be spent speaking at cross purposes. Thereby failing to resolve anything. All customer support contact is through texting

Holger

Good balance of Features and Cost

Comments: Overall, Setmore has provided a reasonable calendar for me for several years. There are some features that would be desirable and would make the functions even better, but the calendar provides an acceptable cost-benefit relation.

Pros:

Setmore offers a HiPAA compliant calendar format. SMS reminders are customizable and sent out before appointments. Payments can be entered and accepted right from the appointment detail window. Labels can be added to appointments to alert of client status (e., new client, running late, completed, etc). Some reports are possible.

Cons:

I cannot select to send emails AND SMS messages for reminders. Payments have to be entered manually (no setup to accept a stripe or chip reader.) List of labels is not editable and custom labels, although possible, need to be re-entered for every occasion. Reports are limited and not customizable.

claire
owner in Ireland
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Using Setmore

Comments: I would recommend this system to anyone in my business, value for money, easy to use and makes my business run very smoothly

Pros:

Very easy to use for my business, integrations for staff easy to use. Appointment reminders.

Cons:

Not being able to find client by phone number, repeat booking into termed classes, has to be manually inputted each each.