15 years helping Irish businesses

About ecoPortal

ecoPortal keeps safety simple, so your people can actively participate in creating safer workplaces.

Learn more about ecoPortal

Pros:

Cons:

N/a - the is very little I dislike about this software.

ecoPortal ratings

4.5
4.6
4.5
4.4

ecoPortal has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 53 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ecoPortal before?

Aston
Aston
General Manager Human Resources in New Zealand
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Simple intuitive SaaS that enables us to stay on top of issues from anywhere

Comments: We've been able to remove significant administrative workload by moving to this system from paper based systems. The team have been easy to work with and receptive to our feedback. Great to be able to work alongside them to resolve any issues that emerge and they are very timely with their work on any fixes or feedback where we've misunderstood something.

Pros:

I like the fact that the interface is easy to navigate and made deployment across our sites easy. The system enables us to monitor and manage safety related incidents from anywhere and at any time. We can see both the detail and the big picture.

Cons:

We're still coming to grips with some of the ways in which we can simplify the reporting to match our prior charts but that's a part of the learning journey for us.

Glen
NZ Port Manager in New Zealand
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11–50 Employees

ecoPortal

Comments: ecoPortal has helped our business take the next step in H&S management. Ability to easily track safety events, contractors, trends/severities and the ability to report on these has been great.
My account manager is great but with some things, the time taken to implement and fix issues can take a while.

Pros:

The fact that the system is customisable to our own business needs and is flexible enough to make changes and improvements when we need. The system is also very easy to use even for non tech savvy people.

Cons:

The system is not very printer friendly. We are moving towards a paperless environment however a number of staff including board members like to have a paper document and this has been a challenge to keep the reports looking good when printed. Text fields are limited and style, font and highlighting or coloring text is not an option.

jason
Quality controller in New Zealand
Broadcast Media, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to use

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Easy to use Im already used to using it. Good to keep a record of my audits.

Cons:

Seeing all of the other eco checks done by other auditors but i know my company can chage this setting. And i can use filters

Jason
Group Manager Health, Safety, and Environment in New Zealand
Chemicals, 201–500 Employees

Fluid

Comments: Very positive and would recommend to others searching for an effective tool that allowed them to monitor their workplace health and safety.

Pros:

The system was fairly easy to manage with great support for the team and easy to understand. I have used a lot of different software packages over the last 20 years and this one was easy to use and show others how to use in day to day management of health and safety. It was daily intuitive to use compared to there which I have had to reverse engineer in order to understand.

Cons:

The system timed out a lot and this can be frustrating for the user if they haven't saved their screen. Some fo the files folders on the drop-down need development in terms of what the user needs and easier analytics or standard analytics that industry would use would be good. It would be good to have simple QR codes for reporting or inspections that link to the system.

Oli
Department Manager in New Zealand
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Keep up the good development work guys!

Comments: It has removed a significant amount of paper from our business and ensures users have a simple easy to use interface for a multitude of risk and compliance tasks.

Pros:

I like the fact that it is a) comprehensive and b) keeps being developed further.

Cons:

I would like to see Reporting have more drill-down or drill-across functions. It is not intuitive to build a report from scratch and I can't see any obvious article in the online Help which would help me. Online training module???The ability to download a JPG or PNG is marred by not having a report title included. I'm sure this will be on a future development schedule.On mobile, I would like to see the ability to check all the boxes *before* the data is synched, which would make it much faster.

Phillipa
Health and Safety Lead in New Zealand
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51–200 Employees

Wellington Zoo

Pros:

ecoPortal is intuitive, meaning that training staff on how to navigate the system is straightforward and most people can pick it up easily. I like how accessible it is, and having the option to load reports from a phone is very helpful and saves staff a lot of time, it also encourages them to report more when they can do it while out on the job. The ecoPortal staff are very helpful and knowledgeable and service requests are dealt with promptly.

Cons:

Producing reports without the reporting module - When exporting incidents, there can be quite a bit of formatting to do before it's "report ready", and there's a bit of cut and paste from the dashboard. Building a dashboard can be a bit hit and miss as well if you don't have the right graph to show the data. It can become expensive to add modules.

Lolo
Training Coordinator in New Zealand
Building Materials, 501–1,000 Employees

ecoPortal Review

Pros:

Great product. Open for improvements/ customisations to meet your requirements. Very Good Support system & staff

Cons:

some history data are not updated automatically when modifications are made. However, they can be updated on request.

Kathleen
Community Support Worker/Health & Safety Rep in New Zealand
Mental Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

ecoPortal mahi

Comments: The benefits of the ecoPortal are being able to complete our monthly audits with ease and I am now more confident to use the ecoPortal so I am actually enjoying using it more now than ever. We don't have to complete loads of paperwork which eases the load somewhat. It enables me to get the work completed a lot faster. I will say that you have to regularly be on the ecoPortal to get what it offers and does for our work processes required and I am more confident to complete all tasks required in my role as a Health & Safety rep.

Pros:

That everything is at the tip of your fingers when you need to follow Emerge's processes for Audits, Hazard & risks of our own service.

Cons:

I was not confident to use ecoPortal for annual reviews of our Hazard & Risks only. Have since been supported and directed and feel more confident in what I am doing now.

Michelle
Business Analyst in New Zealand
Government Administration, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Health and Safety Management System

Pros:

Ease of use, adaptability, continuous development of new features.

Cons:

Printing limitations, reporting features.

Lee
CNC Programmer in New Zealand
Construction, 501–1,000 Employees

Lee's review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience is one of easy hazard reporting and reduction in incidenmts through usage.

Pros:

When hazards are identified, it is easy to report them into ecoportal. This allows for greater awareness of potential harmful situations at work across among all employees.

Cons:

As the incidents go higher up the chain of command it can take time for some to be closed out. This means a lot of incidents remain open for to long.

Kevin
Business Systems Manager in Australia
Packaging & Containers, 201–500 Employees

More than just a Provider

Comments: The real-time reporting and ease of navigation around the system really helped in engaging team members across all of the Business. It also allows us to recognise and react to trends in a positive manner and reflects the results of controls so that everybody sees the positive impact their decisions are having on the safety of individuals and their colleagues

Pros:

Having installed and implemented the software into 2 x companies and working on the third, the pros far outweigh the cons insomuch as the process from concept to end user usage was made so easy, by the team at ecoPortal, due to availability, recognition that not everybody is a Tech-savvy-genius, flexibility and product knowledge which resulted in a product that gave us a one stop shop for all things safety and quality related, accurate real-time reporting which is understood at all levels from the Board to the Coal face.

Cons:

The thing I liked least about the product was leaving it behind when I changed companies

Brendan
SHEQ Manager in Australia
Chemicals, 11–50 Employees

Stolthaven Australia ecoPortal experience

Comments: We have had some frustration initially with ecoPortal helping us to modify our original software design but we have found that it is essential to link up with a dedicated ecoPortal focal point who can help determine your expectations and requirements and then locate the right people in the business to deliver them.
This will ensure you maximise the value of your subscription, utilise the support hours you are paying for more efficiently and, ultimately, deliver a better product for your staff and management.

Pros:

The program is very easy to use in its most basic format, even for a beginner. We have found that the most important aspect of getting ecoPortal to work for your Company is to be very clear of what you want the software to deliver for your business - in features, functionality and KPI / report outputs. Once this is determined - the ecoPortal Team will be better placed to help you customise the software at the design stage rather than retrospectively.

Cons:

As an administrator I have struggled initially with generating useful downloaded reports and creating my own KPI graphics - the main focus for Stolthaven in 2022 will be to work more closely with our ecoPortal focal points to better understand the capabilities and limitations of the software in this respect and then to use this knowledge to design the most effective reporting it is capable of.

Andrea
Business Improvement Advisor in New Zealand
Civic & Social Organization, 501–1,000 Employees

Reporting could be improved

Comments: Overall the experience is good and a vast improvement over what we had.

Pros:

I like the way the software flows and I like the cellphone application which I find to be easy to use. I like that the reporting tool breaks questions down into easy sections and the visual representation of risk/ scoring. I like that we have dashboards for each different module

Cons:

Cellphone app was having issues uploading photos when added to an audit report/ event. Would stall and refuse to complete the upload. Reporting is hard to use - would be good to be able to create a report then delete unwanted/empty fields from the report draft i.e. if the template has lots of content but I only need a basic report it would be nice to be able to trim it down easily. Some of the dashboard fields can be misleading - e.g. events in last month is not the last 30 days but the events that have occurred since the start of the month so if it's inconsistent

Wayne
Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager in New Zealand
Construction, 501–1,000 Employees

Valuable incident and risk management system

Comments: It's a great system and we are using it more and more as we open up to using other registers and features within it.

Pros:

Having access to ecoPortal means we hold all our events, hazards, risk assessments, training, H&S meetings, inspections and actions in one place and can access these from our desktops and the mobile app. The follow up and close out processes are simple, and maintenance is low using ecoPortal.

Cons:

We want to establish a separate Holmes General Risk Register to give us better analysis of our top risks and we would also like to see the templates have an actual severity and a potential severity assessment stage to help us better understand our risk profile.

Amy
Senior HSE Advisor in New Zealand
Wine & Spirits, 51–200 Employees

A great tool to provide structure and unity to your system

Comments: Its been a great experience working with ecoPortal. Their customer support team have always been very approachable and enthusiastic to help and work through any challenges you are having. This is by far the most intuitive H&S system that I have used.

Pros:

The software is easy to use, customizable, and has a user-friendly interface. I love that it provided a functional and streamlined platform for H&S process and removed the dozens of paper folders that are typically reflective of an H&S system. Now when someone asks me where to find information, I can just say 'it's in ecoPortal' and they can find it from their login wherever they are.

Cons:

We were never able to get any type of training matrix functionality up and running for the business which is a big gap for us. Therefore we weren't able to fully integrate our whole system across to the platform.

Coral
Health & Safety Trainer and Coordinator in New Zealand
Textiles, 51–200 Employees

Ecoportal and its challenges

Comments: EcoPortal has made me less of a tutu (play around) on a daily basis, to find my way around this software without being able to communicate at that point of time, you had no other option but to become a tutu. Now I feel like I have mastered a lot of entries with EcoPortal and will continue to upskill where ever and how ever I can :)

Pros:

Working with EcoPortal over the past 2-3years has been challenging at times. But if you familiarize yourself with this software, i.e. daily data entry, overtime these challenges become less and less frustrating and eventually finding your way around EcoPortal becomes easy just by the click of a button :)

Cons:

The only thing from my point of view that I had difficulty with was knowing what I wanted to enter in and couldn't find the right category or title for the data to be entered under.

Kerry
Senior HSE Manager - APAC in New Zealand
Machinery, 1,001–5,000 Employees

User friendly beautiful software

Comments: The customer support team are always keen to help improve the system for the business, provide support wherever needed and really bring value add to the product. The product itself is nice to look at, and one of ybebest out there for usability

Pros:

EcoPortal is so easy to use, you don't need extensive training to get started with it once it's set up. It means our team can easily log incidents and it's not an onerous process. I love how customisable it is to the business needs a d the team are so accommodating to get the best out of the product for your company. The app makes it accessible to our remote teams and again is so user friendly. It makes HSE management simple and uncomplicated, just as it should be.

Cons:

Because of the global nature of the business, language functionality is limited at this time and a key need for the business.

Jennifer
Health and Safety Business Partner in New Zealand
Wine & Spirits, 201–500 Employees

Villa Maria Review

Comments: Great i have been involved in a number of implementation's of safety systems in my career and yours is by far the easiest and most well received from the business.

Pros:

Customizable, Friendly helpful integration team nothing was to much trouble and never shut down any idea we may have had but always gave us the right advice, love that the customer service team is based in NZ and are super helpful and loved that we had our on client manager who i cold chew the fat with on the weekly ([SENSITIVE CONTENT] is a superstar) it is an easy user friendly system that doesn't try to over complicate things

Cons:

Mobile app is really the only big issue we have had would be good to really focus on this and get it mirroring the desktop version.

Jason
HSE Advisor in New Zealand
Farming, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Portal Perfection

Comments: Due to the large size of our corporate structure and staff all over New Zealand, we need a tool to help us see a snapshot of how the business is doing health-wise. The ecoPortal platform has been a tool for the ages as it brings in real-time an up to date view of how we are tracking, where we see early indicators, and the ability to trend, interpret and develop strategies around the accurate data we are seeing for the benifit of all our staff & businees as a whole.

Pros:

All of the ecoPortal software is critical to our business in its structure and totally with the end-user interface in mind. But what impressed me the most is the ability to have the data or platform altered even slightly to be more user friendly, accurate, and interpretable.

Cons:

As with LIC NZ, our mission statement is "There is always room for improvement" & eco-portal has never failed to surprise us with accurate information, best practice in software development, design, and institution! So as far as we are concerned -There are NO CONS!

Michele
H&S Advisor in New Zealand
Building Materials, 201–500 Employees

ecoPortal HSMS

Comments: ecoPortal is a great HSMS resource that assists us to report, manage and monitor our HSE risks and associated tasks. Having our documentation easily retrievable and stored indefinitely is invaluable.The Support team are responsive and helpful.

Pros:

Easy to use, intuitive, customisable. Ease of uploading files and indefinite storage of HSMS documentation.

Cons:

The email notification timing on the risk review register appears to be 6 months in advance of the risk review due date. So these notifications are ignored as not yet relevant. Have questioned this with eP team.

Debi
Compliance & Safety Manager in New Zealand
Chemicals, 501–1,000 Employees

ecoPortal in a Manufacturing environment with Hazardous Substances

Comments: Very positive. ecoPortal are always making enhancements in capability & take on board feedback for improvements.

Pros:

Adaptability to meet our needs. Messaging targeted to specific issues requiring resolution. Checklist task allocation to specific users.Reminders to action tasks

Cons:

Integration/accessibility of files across registers seems less than optimal. This counts for people information too.

Tarsem
Dispatch in New Zealand
Logistics & Supply Chain, 201–500 Employees

Fit for purpose

Comments: Perfect, no issues with operating.

Pros:

Accurate, reliable and helps us tracks out trucks in timely manner.

Cons:

Can't open two different logins at one time.

Nicole
H&S Coordinator in New Zealand
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

EcoPortal review

Comments: Great! Provides great visibility! Easy to use, especially when a new person comes on board

Pros:

Reporting, and the ability to create dashboards for each register. This is very helpful with a large organisation with lots of people and locations.

Cons:

Being able to customize the graphs, e.g. colour all fields in 1 click, re-order fields in a bar chart.

Jessica
Health and Safety Business Partner in New Zealand
Machinery, 201–500 Employees

Essential user friendly software

Comments: Very positive experience working with ecoPortal.

Pros:

ecoPortal is very user friendly, has a great layout and manages all health and safety activities in a simple to follow process.

Cons:

I had not completed the development of the reporting register which I would have found extremely helpful.

June
Business Improvement Specialist in New Zealand
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201–500 Employees

More flexibility will be great.

Pros:

Interface is clear and user friendly. Support is always in time and positive.

Cons:

If can give customer more permission like minor change the form, field name etc. would be great. and if the page response time could be improved,that'll be good.