Asana Reviews

4.5 (11,909) Write a Review!

About Asana

Asana is the easiest way to organize and manage work across teams at scale. See why Asana is a top performer on Capterra.

Learn more about Asana

Pros:

Furthermore, Asana's extremely adjustable and attractive GUI makes interacting with it a lot more enjoyable. It was well worth the money.

Cons:

When you set up a new account, you naturally are opted in to the email notifications, which can be really annoying and a pain to remove. My only suggestion to the Asana team would be to change that.

Asana ratings

4.4

8.4/10

Asana has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 11,909 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Asana before?

Filter reviews (11,909)

Amanda
Amanda
Online Business Alchemist in US
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Highly recommend utilizing Asana for effortless team and project management!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I highly recommend Asana, I am constantly setting it up when clients aren't using a project management platform or if someone is starting out working freelance on projects it's such a great way to have a dashboard for your virtual office.

Pros:

I really love how productive it can help you, seeing the different aspects of each task and knowing where you're at in the process, as well as how you can manage your content and work as a team has been an essential aspect of my scaling in my business.

Cons:

There are aspects of the platform I'd like to utilize but being budget aware I am not able to do this yet because of financial obligations and it would be nice to have access to the features even in a limited way.

Phillip Sinothi
Phillip Sinothi
Senior In Charge in South Africa
Accounting, 11-50 Employees

A Comprehensive Review of its Task and Project Management Features

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Asana is a comprehensive tool for task and project management. It provides a wide range of features that can help teams collaborate and communicate more effectively, streamline their workflows, and track progress in real-time. Asana is a great tool for team collaboration, it offers a wide range of features that enable users to manage tasks and projects, communicate with team members, and track progress in real-time. It's intuitive, flexible, and easy to use, and the ability to customize fields and labels, automate repetitive tasks, and track progress, enables teams to improve their productivity and work more efficiently.

Pros:

Collaboration and communication. - You can easily assign tasks to team members, add comments to tasks, and attach files. Organizational capabilities - The ability to create custom fields and labels, use the calendar view and timeline, the ability to establish dependencies, and the Portfolio feature, all help in keeping your tasks and projects organized and easy to access.Real-time updates - any changes made to a task or project are immediately reflected across all members of the team. This helps to ensure that everyone is on the same page and can prevent delays or misunderstandings.

Cons:

Limited customization options - not able to fully customize the tool to their specific needs. Limited integrations - the number of integrations is still limited compared to other tools like monday.com. This may limit the ability of some teams to fully integrate Asana into their existing workflows and tools.

Kyle
CEO in Canada
Online Media, 11-50 Employees

Mediocre Application, does too many average things and not enough great things.

3.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

I've been using Asana for a few months now, and overall I've had a decent experience. The interface is fairly easy to navigate and the task management features are useful. However, I do have a few complaints. For one, the mobile app can be a bit clunky at times and it can be difficult to get a good overview of my tasks on the go. Additionally, I've had some issues with the integration with other tools, which has been frustrating. All in all, Asana gets the job done, but there are definitely some areas for improvement.

Cons:

The interface is confusing and cluttered, and I frequently find myself getting lost trying to find the features I need. The task management functionality is also lacking - it's difficult to see an overview of my tasks, and the process for assigning tasks to team members is convoluted

Rocío
CEO in Spain

This is it: you found it

5.0 last month New

Comments: From free suscription to Business, I love it.

Pros:

ASANA is a versatile tool able to fit all your SME needs. From the Operations Manual and Onboarding process, to task management, project planning and performance monitoring. This will make your team communication flow in remote and let you be updated on the work is being done. Comment on a task, make a brainstorming for a project, compile feedback from coworkers or clients… I doubt this is anything you can’t plan and do with ASANA. So stop searching: you found your SME management tool. Congrats!

Cons:

All I found has been fixed. They develop the app constantly and hace a fluid conversation with their clients to fit their needs.

Shuo
Research Fellow in Finland
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees

A User-Friendly and Powerful Project Management Tool

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, Asana is a great tool for managing projects and tasks. It is user-friendly, customizable and offers a wide range of features. It is a little bit pricey, but it's worth it for the level of organization and productivity it brings to teams.

Pros:

Asana is a fantastic project management tool that offers a user-friendly interface, making it easy for team members to navigate and use. The platform is highly customizable, allowing teams to set up projects and tasks in a way that works best for them. Additionally, the ability to integrate with other tools such as Google Drive and Slack is a major plus.

Cons:

One downside of Asana is that it can be a bit overwhelming for beginners to set up and use all of its features. Additionally, the pricing for larger teams can be a bit high.

Hasan
Civil Engineer in Angola
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Review on Asana

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: The software has been easy to use, and the various features have been helpful in managing projects and tasks. The timelines feature has been especially helpful in tracking progress and staying on top of deadlines. The integrations with popular third-party applications have also been very useful in streamlining workflows. All in all, I have been very pleased with Asana and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an effective work management platform.

Pros:

I like that Asana is an all-in-one work management platform that helps teams stay organized, track progress, and manage their work. The intuitive design and user-friendly interface make it easy to use, and the wide range of features makes it a great choice for teams needing to collaborate effectively. I also like that Asana offers various integrations with popular third-party applications, allowing users to easily integrate their workflows with the tools they already use.

Cons:

The only thing I didn't like about Asana is that it can be difficult to learn and use, especially for those who are unfamiliar with work management software. Additionally, the pricing model is not ideal for small teams or individuals who are working on a tight budget.

Alyssa
Alyssa
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

With Asana, my team can stay on track

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I prefer easy-to-use, not-overwhelming productivity applications. That's exactly what Asana is accomplishing with its beautiful interface, which allows me to accomplish far more without feeling overwhelmed.

Pros:

Simple task creation and flexible dashboard view options are two of my favorite features. Moreover, I appreciate how it provides a concise summary of your accomplishments so that you can evaluate your efficiency at a look. If you're a night owl like me, the option to switch to dark mode while you work is fantastic.

Cons:

The sheer number of options might be overwhelming, especially if some of the buttons or sections aren't clearly labeled or explained. For the more advanced features, we require an onboarding process that incorporates a YouTube tutorial video.

Jose
Jose
Business Change Manager. IPMA, PMP. in Panama
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

ASANA, a platform to manage projects with a comprehensive perspective consistent with our objectives

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: ASANA has a stable platform, which provides a balance between a structured environment and a flexible methodology at the same time based on agility and collaborative work. Users have no problem adopting the platform as it does not require a learning curve and generally promotes efficiency and self-management.

Pros:

ASANA represents an approach that promotes agile project management since among its multiple functionalities, it allows visualization through a kanban template so that we can detect on a single board, the tasks that require the most attention and hold us back from successful execution.ASANA allows us to manage the workflow of our project, from the point of view of execution, offering the start and end details of each task, connecting the entire work team through effective communication, and quantifying times and deadlines.

Cons:

Its interface is quite friendly and intuitive, and effectively promotes teamwork, allowing for collaborative work. ASANA considers the best way to unify all the members of the organization and in turn establish personalized workflows aimed at completing objectives, meeting deadlines, and documenting the execution, in addition to having both, mobile and web versions.

Amr
Amr
Seniro Project Manager in Egypt
Banking, 501-1,000 Employees

A Comprehensive and Flexible Project Management Tool

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Asana is considered as a comprehensive and flexible project management tool that can help teams increase their productivity and work more efficiently

Pros:

The thing I liked most about Asana is its comprehensive range of features that help teams organize, track, and prioritize their work. The task assignments, due dates, and project timelines, make it easy for teams to stay on top of their tasks and deliver projects on time. Additionally, the intuitive interface and customizable workflows make it easy for users to understand and navigate. The wide range of integrations with other tools such as Google Drive, Slack, and Trello, makes it a great choice for teams that use multiple tools to manage their work. Asana also has a mobile app and support for multiple languages which makes it very accessible and convenient for teams to manage their tasks and projects on-the-go.

Cons:

Asana's reporting capabilities can be limited and could be improved to provide more detailed insights. Additionally, some users have reported that the tool can become slow when used with large teams and a large number of tasks.

Karim
Karim
Business owner in Egypt
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Comprehensive Project and Task Management Tool

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: The tool offers a range of features, including the ability to create tasks, assign them to team members, set deadlines, add attachments, and track progress. One of the main advantages of Asana is its integration with other tools such as Google Calendar, Slack, and DropBox, which can help teams streamline their workflows and manage tasks more efficiently.

Pros:

Asana offers a range of features that make it suitable for a variety of use cases. These include the ability to create tasks, assign them to team members, set deadlines, add attachments, and track progress.I find Asana's interface easy to navigate and intuitive, which makes it easier to get started with the tool. The integration with a number of other tools, including Google Calendar, Slack, and DropBox, which can make it easier to manage workflows that involve multiple tools.Alao allows users to customize their workspace and create custom views, which can be helpful for teams with specific workflow needs.

Cons:

The complexity of the software which can be a barrier for a team thats new to it.No time tracking which can be a drawback for teams that need to track their times on projects

Principal Technical Consultant in US
Information Services, 10,000+ Employees

Intuitive Collaboration and Project Tracking Tool

Comments: I have been using Asana for close to two years now to track my day-to-day activities, project cutover tasks and tracking support tickets. I like the design and the layout of the tool and how intuitive every action is. Would definitely recommend it.

Pros:

Ease of Use - The tool is intuitive. No learning curve needed. Organized User Interface. Automated Email Notifications. Cloud Service - Can be accessed using thin client. Search feature works well and is fast. Adding Tags.

Cons:

Unintentional clicks sometimes triggers actions. Configuring the automated emails was a bit confusing - Emails were sent out to the whole project team whenever a new task was created which we didn't want. We eventually configured it properly.

Monica
Founder/Owner in US
Publishing, Self Employed

Oasis for the Cluttered Mind

Comments: I have a lot of plans for my business and have had people come in and out to help me with those plans, mainly virtual assistants. Those VA's have been in the country and out, and Asana has been easy for everyone to work with and communicate via. I have had people suggest other things like Trello, which I have used and have no problems with, but I like the depth and continued simplicity of Asana and have not plans to switch.

Pros:

It'a tough to pick one thing that I love, but I think if I had to, it's the fact that when I have an annoying to-do list in my head that I know I am going to want to share with a team member or some other contractor I will bring on to help me with something in my business, I can go to Asana to create a list, do a brain dump and add dates and other info as I come up with them. No need to look for paper (as much as I like to write things by hand) and no need to worry about leaving that written list at home the one time I am away from it and want to add to it. Asana is easy to use and has lots of stuff that gets me by as a free user. When I am ready to take on the expense, it will open up even more great features.

Cons:

The expense. It's not bad for one person, but I have a little team that I intend to expand. The fee for Asana is per user. It's worth it. I am sure of that, but as a semi-solopreneur who has a few people to help me from time to time and who wants to solidify things so those team members are a definite fixture, I won't look to take on the expense until I know my business can pay for it.

Mehandi
Mehandi
Sales and Marketing Automation Expert in India

Asana Review

Comments: I am handling my entire business on Asana from Team Management, Task Management, Project Management, Client Onboarding, Virtual Assistant Management to Payments tracking all is done in one platform.

Pros:

Project Management, Team Management, Task Management/Tracking, Timer, Third Party Integration, Different views for a project. Very user-friendly interface and easy to use.

Cons:

Some features like time-tracking which is available in the free veesiom of Clickup is in the paid version of Asana also there are other features im comparison to Clickup like Hiding of Projects from other team mates is in paid version of asana.

Mike
President in US
Online Media, 2-10 Employees

What's to like about Asana

Comments: It's essential to our project management for our remote team. We can login from anywhere and see what's on the agenda, update items, and share progress.

Pros:

Asana is a powerful project management tool for our team. It allows us to have a central place online to add client projects, marketing projects, and in-house projects and keep track of them. Totally love the recurring task feature.

Cons:

I have a lot of completed tasks! It would be nice to be able to more easily archive them and clean my space up a bit more.

Memory
Memory
Website Designer in US
Broadcast Media, 11-50 Employees

Fantastic task management software!

Comments: I started using this software at a previous job then, when starting here, quickly found out that not all task-management tools are created equal. The one we were using was not very functional and people tasks were constantly getting lost in the shuffle. The other website designer that started after me had also used Asana before so we started using it to manage the development of the site we were designing. We told another team about it and they started using it as well. It eventually caught on and we convinced the higher-ups to purchase an upgraded plan and implemented it company wide. There are so many great features. It's impossible to narrow down my favorite. But I will say that it makes managing tasks so easy and helps my addled brain stay organized and focused. There are different modes for how you view your tasks allowing users to choose one that they prefer. For example, there's a calendar view, a list view, a Trello-type layout, and more. I also LOVE that it's offers so much flexibility in how tasks are organized. You can set up different teams and assign certain people to be in those teams. Within the teams you can create projects, then breaks those down into tasks. Within the teams you can create multiple levels of subtasks - for example, a subtasks inside a subtasks inside the main task. This is a really great feature for me, being a website designer, because there are so many steps involved in creating a site.

Pros:

What's not to like?! The customer service is great, there are multiple training videos to help you learn about all the different features and how to use them, it's GREAT for staying organized when you have a million different projects you are working on at once, it makes delegating projects and tasks very easy... Beyond all the great task-related features, one of my favorite things is the quirky animations - when marking complete on a task you'll occasionally get a celebratory animation (kind of a geeky, digital pat on the back) my favorite being a unicorn that flies across your screen. This is obviously not something that's necessary or a way to help users stay more organized, but it is fun and adds a little extra flair to the software. (Yes, it's the little things that excite me. 😆)

Cons:

As with any software that is customizable and has a lot of features, there is a learning curve to using Asana. There are so many different settings and features, it can take a while to learn the ins and outs of using it. But, as I already said previously, they provide a plethora of training videos and have excellent customer service when you need to contact them. One specific thing I wish was different is how the repeating tasks are set up. As of now, when a task is set to repeat, the next task doesn't show up until the previous one has been marked as complete. It would be nice to see all the repeating tasks (especially in the calendar format) so you can get an accurate view of all the tasks you have coming up for the upcoming months. It's not a major inconvenience, but something I would suggest that the developers implement in a future update.

Mohammed Majeed
Field Manager in Ghana
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51-200 Employees

don't be deceived by the extremely user friendly interface, it is beast when it comes to performance

Comments: Having used multiple project management software on different projects with different teams, I have noticed that those on Asana usually have the least uptake times for new team members to get used to the software. Not only does that advantage reduce onboarding and training times, it also reduces the frequency of errors and ends up boosting productivity much more that what I have observed on other teams.

Pros:

Navigating around the program is very simple and uncomplicated. This is usually my first consideration when I am learning to use any software, and with Asana it doesn't come any less uncomplicated than that. Another wonderful thing about Asana is the unending list of second and third party software it seamlessly integrates with. With this, there is often zero disruption of workflow systems for teams new to Asana.

Cons:

The file formats available for exporting projects is not extensive enough; often requiring secondary conversion into other equally useful and common formats.

President in Italy
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

Asana is my ABSOLUTE GO TO for task and project management

Comments: I switched from Trello to Asana and I truly enjoy using Asana almost because I feel there is a gamification feeling in getting my daily wins accomplished. I literally look at Asana at least 5 times per day and almost always before I end my day to see what my plan of action will be for tomorrow.

Pros:

The fact that I can manage my daily tasks seamlessly both on my desktop computer and on my iPhone mobile application.

Cons:

Sometimes the copy and paste function doesn't work as I would like it to to take a similar task, copy it and then modify it. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Ken
Ken
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

If I only had ONE tool, this would be it.

Comments: I use Asana every day, and it's the first thing I fire up in the morning. I can check it's inbox to see if there are any pressing issues or communications (if I hadn't already seen it in the app), and then run down my tasks which are displayed just as I've set them up. My projects are listed in the order that makes sense to me, and tasks are scheduled, communications, files, etc., all available at a click. It even talks to Toggl, so I can track my time effortlessly. As a one-man agency, I've been able to take on much more work using Asana than if I'd tried to manage everything the old way. Before I used Asana, I tried to manage projects, service and other communications via email, labels, etc., but there's just no comparison. If you make the transition to Asana, you'll be a better coordinator, project manager, business person, etc. You won't be able to help it. ;)

Pros:

Asana is a very capable project coordination platform. It's very easily customized to fit my individual workflow, and extremely intuitive. I share access with some of my clients to allow them to create, edit and update tasks. I love the way this tool weans stakeholders from the jungle of email.

Cons:

I wish there were a mid-level pricing tier for entrepreneurs to take advantage of some of the pro-level features, but not have to commit to the fairly pricy upgrade. Don't get me wrong, it's probably very worth it to upgrade, but I'd rather be able to choose the features that would benefit me at a reduced price rather than buy the upgrade for one or two I really want. Like when we had to buy an album just to get the 2 songs we really wanted, lol!

Benjamin
Developer in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Asana Makes Projects Easy

Comments: Using Asana has been simple and effective. It has been very easy to manage the day to day, mid range & long term tasks that I need to stay on top of. Asana's user-friendly & intuitive interface has made it a welcome addition to my workflow management!

Pros:

The thing I like most about Asana is the ease with which you can update a task. Asana has a very simple & intuitive interface. It was very easy to update the tasks, create new tasks, make notes, etc., all from the home screen.

Cons:

I have been using the free version, so not all features are available to me. I would like be able to create multiple projects, but I think that is available in the paid version. For now, and for what I've been using the program to assist with, I don't have any cons about Asana.

Roldan
Roldan
Web UX/UI Designer/Developer in Philippines
Design, 11-50 Employees

Best choice or good alternative

Comments: Good! Asana is not as difficult to get the hand out with. I did manage to set-up all my tasks and projects personally. Though, I haven't used it for a long time when I did tested Monday.com.

Pros:

I can bet in all of Asana's features from Task management, Scheduling, Materials management, Gantt Charts, Collaborations and the likes. Save for time tracking which is not (yet) available. The Free Pricing however, is generous enough to collaborate with up to 10 or 15 more individuals. Other top PMS has less to nothing - or just one user allowed.

Cons:

User Interface. Asana needs to improve on there user interface to be at par with Monday.com. I've been using Monday and never looked back (except maybe if someday they will overrun Monday with features. Time Tracking. This one matters for some users, specially freelancers and online nomads alike. Just wondering why this wasn't integrated just yet. Set-up. It wasn't that easy to get started for non-techie users. So patience a virtue. Though PMS are understandably complicated, Monday take the pie in this domain.

Abraham
Abraham
Social Media Manager & Administrative Support in Philippines
Mining & Metals, 2-10 Employees

Best Free Project Management App for SMB

Comments: Asana is very easy to use, fast, reliable, and powerful. Just with their free version, I've got nothing else to ask for. It got all I need to run my business and work with my clients. It's the best free project management for me.

Pros:

When we switched to Asana years ago, I didn't appreciate it right away because it's a new environment to me had to make a lot of adjustments. But as I use it every day, I got familiar with the app very quickly. It is very easy to use and might have a little learning curve. Navigating the app is all common sense though, and their help docs are very handy if you got any problems. Even though I'm familiar with the app, when I tried to open their knowledgebase, I was surprised to know there's a lot more I can do with Asana. Even with just the free version, it's so powerful and you can do so many things! It's good enough for SMBs who are just starting out. For me, some premium features are just too much so the essential features are sufficient for my business and work. Another thing I like is you can switch to Kanban view, so it's a goodbye Trello for me. I use this view often on sprints and it's very handy and effective. Another feature I like is you can convert an email to a task in Asana just by forwarding it to a specific email they give you, then it will be added automagically in your specific project. I'm also happy that they have released their desktop app. That's a huge help for me in decluttering my browser tabs.

Cons:

Asana is a beast. There's nothing to dislike from this app.

Arslan
CEO in Pakistan

Asana- one of the best and simplest Task managment tools

Comments: Overall experience with asana is quite satisfactory as it delivers what it promises. I use it alongside other tools to manage daily tasks and project-related works. Its to-do list-like approach gives an easier way to create tasks and manage them easily. You just keep a tab open for it and keep on marking complete the tasks you have accomplished. It's that simple.

Pros:

The most beautiful and user-friendly thing in asana is its to-do list-like approach for managing tasks in each project. the whole project or a particular task out of it can be assigned to other users and team members. Another incredible thing is that you can divide a task into further sub-tasks to make it easier to use and track task progress.

Cons:

It goes toe to toe with Trello's similar set of tools. Trello card-like approach comes in handy in viewing all the tasks at hand in a glimpse as well as giving the ability to manage task queues. You can transfer tasks from one card to another. It also doesn't have enough tools for cost and time tracking for wages etc calculation.

Founder in US
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Asana is the Way to Organization

Comments: Asana is a best-in-class product. They constantly update it and make improvements and provide tons of value whether you're a free or paying customer.

Pros:

-Fantastic UI -Quick and easy to learn -Simple but powerful -Love the Kanban boards -Love the ability to nest sub-tasks into main-tasks as well as subtasks in other subtasks.

Cons:

The one thing I don't like is the inability to see all of my assigned tasks across all of my different Asana boards.

Siokas
Siokas
Researcher and Project engineer in Greece
Research, 501-1,000 Employees

A useful management tool for demanding organizations

Comments: The tool helped the teams organize their tasks in a comprehensive manner that allowed them to be more efficient and effective.

Pros:

The features available and theability to integrate external tools.

Cons:

The interface is something I amnot used to and had to make some adjustments in the way I work in order to comply to the needs of the tool.

Heidi
Membership Engagement Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees

The organizational tool to keep your life colorful and carefree

Comments: I'd recommend Asana to anyone who asked because I have not yet found a software that I like as much. It's colorful, inviting, and friendly. It makes you feel encouraged to look at your long list of things to do, rather than fill you with dread. In my job, I have many hats to juggle, and Asana helps to take care of it all. It's the sticky note of the internet, and I am a grateful user.

Pros:

I am a sticky note person. I have sticky notes everywhere, but the problem is that sticky notes can't remind you of your tasks, notify you if you've missed a deadline, or post comments to your coworkers to find out if they've completed their portion of the task. Asana does all of that. I can organize my work life down to the millisecond if I wanted to, but that's a little overkill. Everything in Asana is clearly displayed and labeled. Our staff uses the system together, so I can keep track of what my coworkers have on their plate. It helps me to know if/when I can interrupt them or ask to assist on a task. The deadlines are helpful as well and intuitive. If you miss a task, it goes red. Check off a task, and the funniest thing happens. A unicorn shows up to congratulate you. I appreciate the humor of the software developers. It reminds me that we are all human and just want to laugh sometimes. If you have a task that needs to get done, but a coworker is the person who has to do it, no problem! Simply assign a task to them, and they will get a notification. No more tracking down staff in the office just to ask them to do something. It's a very efficient tool, and I am very happy.

Cons:

There is no messaging component that allows for live chat conversations. That is the only downside. If I want to have a conversation with a coworker on a project, I have to create a comment and tag them in it- real Facebook style. If I could have a chat button to work in real time with my coworkers, I'd get rid of Slack in a heartbeat. Also, sometimes categorizing the section entitled "My Tasks" can be tricky. There are so many settings that you have to be very specific, like assigning a date and a person to the task (like yourself). If you accidentally write a task, but don't assign a date or person, that task could disappear somewhere into your growing list of things to do. It can be easy to lose a task if you're not careful.