• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5

About Asana

Asana is the easiest way to organize and manage all of your team's work. See why 8,000+ customers give Asana 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Learn more about Asana

Showing 9,590 reviews

Aliz G.
Program Manager Junior
Computer Hardware, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/9/2019

"Good Startup Project Management Tool"

Comments: It was a very good tool to use, highly user friendly, quite effective and very visually attractive. This tool is great for startups in my opinion and the price is fair for the features it has.

Pros: I like how user friendly it is, the aesthetics (looks), it's very neat and colorful at the same time, it provides a good option for organization and I think it's a good tool for startups, it makes planning, task assignment, tracking and registering much easier.

Cons: I think the software is amazing but it lacks some features seen on more robusts tools such as Zoho Projects, still, this tool can integrate with other small tools that can give you access to Gantt Charts or timelines, etc. The problem is you have to pay for those additional integrations.

• Reviewed on 30/9/2019
Danny C.
VP Marketing
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/2/2021

"Asana is a solid project management web app but advanced features come at a cost"

Comments: We use Asana to get organized and stay organized across teams. The ability to stitch together workflows between Asana and other web apps makes it a very flexible tool in our tech stack.

Pros: The ease of setting up multiple projects and the ability to assign teams to different projects at the same time. The combination of input forms, gantt charts, calendar views, and kanban board are really powerful and useful for different types of projects. Integration with other apps such as Zapier, HubSpot are key.

Cons: The user interface is too complex and overwhelming. Errant clicks create new tasks and archives unfinished tasks because almost the entire screen area is clickable for one function or another. Advanced features that make tools more useful such as a more advanced input form with logic jumps require a more premium tier of subscription.

• Reviewed on 24/2/2021
Brandon H.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2020

"Asana is the one!"

Pros: Asana is super easy to use. We have been using it for a few years now. I did a free trial for Monday.com, Smartsheet and Asana. After testing all three the choice was obvious and clear. Asana was the best in my mind. From it being so easy to learn how things work and the way everything looks in Asana vs the other tools I tried, Asana was the no brainer. We are on the Business plan which I would advise anyone to use. The rules are simple to create for automation of task assignments, statuses and lots of other things.

Cons: There really isn't anything I don't like about this software.

• Reviewed on 5/12/2020
Renewables & Environment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/12/2020

"Easy to Learn, Good Integration with Other Tools"

Comments: Big uptick in efficiency for our team, especially when members set their own schedules and everyone can see it so it keeps them accountable. It's a good bridge between oldschool project management styles with a timeline and agile styles leaving flexibility for a team to decide whats best for them.

Pros: Asana has been great for keeping our team on track! We've seen a big increase in efficiency and delivery as we started to use it! One great thing about the tool is integration with other software, including email reminders and the possibility to set tasks from slack. Integration between project timeline and kanban boards is also easy, as is integrating small tasks into the larger project plan.

Cons: It's difficult to view dependencies between projects, as well as to view all projects together on the same timeline. This has had to be manual calculations, which is less ideal for our team. Now we have a team which is not all on the same domain name so we aren't structured as an organization; I'm not sure but this might change in organization view.

• Reviewed on 3/12/2020
Robert S.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 3/11/2020

"Leading project management software for good reason"

Comments: We went from a major competitor, one with a lot of card-based tracking, that was not as effective with prioritizing tasks. Asana has been much more effective in connecting operators and managers with their day-to-day tabulation of work and awareness of deadlines.

Pros: The ability to bring in all members of a team and see the workflow from conception to completion is why Asana is the best for project management software. Integration of tasks, files and prioritized milestones are all top of the line here.

Cons: The financial side of things are better managed with third-party software, as the interface can be less than intuitive at times, but the good news is that the Asana customer support team is excellent if you have questions about integrating bookkeeping software.

• Reviewed on 3/11/2020
Marketing Manager
Aviation & Aerospace, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/10/2020

"A must have for geographically disperse teams"

Comments: Love it! Can’t live without it. I’m better at my job and better at working with my team because of it.

Pros: I use this tool to stay organized and provide visibility to my teammates with my individual work. I also use it to implement processes for planning and task management for a team that sits across three different regions in the world. It really helps keep us all on the same page.

Cons: It is easy to get disorganized with this tool. You really need to manage what you create. It can get messy and confusing if you don’t use the features intelligently.

• Reviewed on 1/10/2020
Linda S.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/6/2020

"Without Asana? Without me!"

Comments: Every process, every step, every project - it's all about Asana. It "lives" in Asana which saves us time for other stuff. Asana makes going to work fun for everyone since we know where we can find everything and where we DO everything.

Pros: Asana is a Game-Changer. It truly optimized our processes since we can automate them with this amazing tool. Also everyone in the company is able to work from wherever they want - only by using Asana. It is the best tool for organizing projects and keeping in touch with all the people in your company. You can do repeating processes as well as agile projects. I love it! And I will recommend it to everyone who is in need of having better working processes - and of course more time for other stuff.

Cons: Sometimes it's all about the details. And there are some things in Asana that need to be fixed: e.g. you need formular drafts that you can simply duplicate as well as not having a maximum number in custom fields. It would be also nice if you could automate and individualize custom rules more - but as I said: just details.

• Reviewed on 20/6/2020
Co-Founder
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/3/2020

"Asana is a great team tool, but could use some tweaks."

Comments: Overall, it is great to have a one-stop shop for all active projects, but it can often allow for tasks and updates to get lost in the ether, amongst its many many levels of 'tasks' and subtasks, etc.

Pros: Overall, Asana is a very robust and well-rounded project management tool for teams, allowing for near complete customization depending on your need. It can be used as a very high level/overview approach to projects and tasks, down to a very granular and detailed level of project management.

Cons: While the software is incredibly robust and able to be manipulated to your individual or team need, the lack of structure can be a bit daunting. Our small design studio has fairly replicable and common design 'tasks', yet despite my endless searching and researching, there seemed to be little in the way of 'templates' for client/branding-driven graphic design studios, to get started. Rather, it feels very geared toward web and developer design tasks. Also, while I do often work with clients transparently throughout the design process (allowing them into Asana to help accomplish tasks), as well as contractors, Asana is not particularly friendly for studios as small as mine. Rather, it is more geared towards larger studios with many internal 'teams.' And, clients can get lost commenting and checking and responding and sharing within the platform, as the Inbox feature feels cluttered and sometimes lacking visual hierarchy. For example, a comment can end up attached to a specific sub-task, where it will not be seen easily in the overall project task–and getting missed altogether sometimes. Lastly, while Asana is very customizable, some of the ways they treat teams vs. projects vs. tasks can feel a bit backwards, leaving you to 'jerry-rig' the layout and items to work in a best-case project flow for you or your team.

by Asana on 10/6/2020

Hi there, thanks so much for sharing your experience with Asana!

We're in the process of launching a new version of our Inbox which should help you get better visibility on information related to your work; you can learn more about this update in the following announcement (https://asa.na/70d) as well as in our guide article dedicated to Inbox (https://asa.na/707).

And if you'd like to pop by our community forum (forum.asana.com) to share more insights about your set up, we'd love to share some tips and advice tailored to your workflow!

• Reviewed on 19/3/2020
Jake R.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/3/2020

"An honest review: The Pros and the Cons!"

Comments: With the exception of having trouble reaching customer service to address a billing issue, I have nothing but great things to say about Asana. Our experience using the software has been great. It's helped my team to stay on top of multiple projects/deadlines at the same time without letting anything slip through the cracks.

Pros: Asana is extremely beneficial for tracking your progress/success on large team projects or individual tasks. The key features Asana offers can help you to ensure your team meets specific deadlines, any stumbling blocks are addressed in realtime, and it keeps everyone on the same page. I've used other project management softwares, such as Teamwork and Asana has been the most user friendly platform I've used to date. If you have members on your team that work better with daily reminders, this can be extremely beneficial to keep them on track and ensure high productivity!

Cons: There's one thing in particular that I've found to be frustrating with Asana. Their customer service has been extremely hard to reach at times. They do have employees with phone extensions, but you won't be able to find them online. They do provide a chat feature, but don't always follow up in a timely manner, which can be frustrating if you're operating on a deadline. Specifically, we had an issue with our billing and I could not get a hold of someone from Asana for weeks. We fortunately found a way to contact a representative from an email I had saved from prior communication. Aside from this, I have no cons to point out about the functionalities of the software itself. It's a great tool and would beneficial for any team to use.

by Asana on 10/6/2020

Hi Jake, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad you consider Asana extremely beneficial to keep your team on track and ensure high productivity!

I want to apologize for any trouble you experienced reaching our customer service. We always aim to provide our customers with the best level of support possible and looks like we've missed the mark there. We are constantly working toward improving our support and will use your feedback as part of this process. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know, we're always here to give a hand!

• Reviewed on 16/3/2020
Dave M.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/1/2020

"Fantastic project management app"

Comments: Very pleased with Asana for project management and I now use it with any project that has milestones and multiple people involved. I tried many project management apps but Asana was the clear winner. And as it is free it is a no brainer!

Pros: I really like the way you can structure a project and see what has been done, and what is left to do on one screen. Many apps hide completed tasks but with Asana you see everything. Assigning tasks, due dates and commenting on tasks is very easy. I also like the different ways you an view milestones (list view, calendar view, etc).

Cons: Customers sometimes found it a bit hard to get started. I'm not sure if this is anything to do with Asana or with clients just getting used to something new. Once I had a 5 minute phone conversation to go through it with them, they were on board and using it easily. Some clients switched over to using it exclusively.

• Reviewed on 7/1/2020
Technology Consultant
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2019

"Pretty much quite literally, my life is in Asana's hands."

Comments: Generally, having ALL of my upcoming tasks (and past tasks for historical purposes) along with the granular ways I can share tasks with others has been a pleasure. I will keep using Asana and hope they fix my main gripe at some point.

Pros: Over the years, with one exception (see below) Asana has proven to be able to evolve with the times and add features while sticking to its core purpose & values. I love the integrations that are available, all that is included in the free tier, the heavy emphasis on keyboard shortcuts and the mobile app. The key feature for me was its ability to manage multiple workspaces with ease.

Cons: Honestly, I love Asana. I have used it for keeping track of my life (personal and professional) for years but there's one thing that happened this year that is a rather large pain point for me and many of its users, judging by their community forums. Every time you switch to a new workspace, it opens in a new tab. This sounds small, but it's HUGE when you're always switching back and forth. I used to use it as a web app (without the browser chrome) so it behaved like a native desktop app. Now, as soon as I open a new workspace, it launches the browser and opens in a new tab. There's no option to disable this new "feature" and the community has spoken. Here we are almost a year later and no explanation or solution has been given (the last time I checked). Boo. That's why I docked ease of use. Also, it's starting to feel a bit heavy on my tablet. Desktop performance is still OK but does take a while to load.

• Reviewed on 4/12/2019
Billy H.
SEO Manager
  • Reviewed on 6/12/2019

"Asana is great both as a freeware option for task management and larger business tracking"

Comments: Asana is an effective tool for any size organization from the solo entrepreneur to the 1000+ person team. I recommend it and have used it in multiple of my own projects

Pros: Asana has the ability to filter extremely granular from major projects all the way do to individual tasks done within the project. While it can't give 'status updates' for every portion of a major project you've worked on, you can track all of the things you've completed. This means when you have top-down organizations that want to be able to track everything that's going on a site, they have the ability to do so and drill into the current tasks being worked on

Cons: Asana has 2 major issues - 1st is the lack of export features to excel or other spreadsheet type formats. My company ended up having us do dual tracking because it would not allow this. 2nd, tasks put in a board that aren't used very much are extremely easy to forget about. This means without manual checks a lot of 'to-do' type items never saw the light of day again when surrounded by another large list of 20+ things.

• Reviewed on 6/12/2019
Ciera H.
Impact Coordinator
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2019

"Best Platform for Project/Team Management"

Comments: Initially it was a bit overwhelming to set up and sort through all of the features and uses, but once you work with your team and figure out a system it is hands down the most useful and intuitive workspace / task management platform. There are always new features and integrations to be learned which is great to experiment and use as you grow with the platform.

Pros: The best part about Asana is how customizable it is in so many different facets, you can really tailor it to the needs of your specific team and project. The amount of functions that it has and its ability to integrate other apps and services within it makes it extremely versatile and intelligent once you customize it to all of your needs. I also enjoy that there is a mobile app version.

Cons: With all of its endless functionality tools - it can be a bit daunting in setting up the ideal layout and structure of use for your team. There are so many options and features that can make the software seem almost too sophisticated and complicated for everyday use. Not exactly user friendly up front, but once you figure it out and are patient in working out tailoring your workspace it is very useful and covers all bases.

by Asana on 10/6/2020

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ciera. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us and we're glad Asana fits your team needs!

Setting conventions with you team can be a helpful way to make sure everyone in your team is aligned and working by the same principles. If you haven't yet, I'd recommend checking out this handy post we put together to help you set conventions with your team: https://asa.na/701. We've also put together some handy resources in our Academy (https://asa.na/704), and Community Forum (https://asa.na/705) to help you started with Asana.

And if you have any follow-up questions, or if we can help with anything else, feel free to reach out, whether it is via our support team or community forum, we'll be more than happy to help!

• Reviewed on 5/12/2019
Development Associate
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Great project management software for budget nonprofits!"

Comments: This is a great software for organization. It has upgrade features that are paid, but you can basically do everything you need to do in the free version for a small nonprofit to stay organized. I would highly recommend this if you have multiple events or fundraisers you manage for the year, or if you are an administrative professional of any kind that needs to coordinate multiple things every month (payroll, accounting, board meetings, client relationship follow ups, etc.) The free version is a no brainer for nonprofit management!

Pros: I love that I can assign myself personal tasks to complete, and that I can also assign others tasks or subtasks to help me move forward with the pieces of a larger project or event that I need them to do before I can move on. This is a great software for organizing teams that can't always meet in person. We are able to coordinate across campus and ensure communication on progress is easily managed in one spot. I also love that I can set reoccuring tasks for things that must be completed monthly (like accounting exports, payroll imports, board reporting, etc.) It helps keep me on track to ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.

Cons: I don't like that you can't quickly and easily see all of your completed tasks in one spot with the task yet to be completed. I wish I had this feature so that I could better weekly report on what was accomplished while also reporting on what is coming down the pipeline. One of the only other things I don't like is that when you go to mark a task complete, and you are marking multiple, sometimes the list updates and shifts a bit so you click on the wrong one. You can click undo, but I just wish it didn't shift the items while it was refreshing the to do list.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Jade W.
Marketing Coordinator
Civil Engineering, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/9/2019

"Excellent tool for project/task/list management"

Comments: I have been using Asana for both work and personal projects (two separate accounts) for about 6 years now, and I am obsessed. I am constantly thinking of things I need to do for work or personal ideas and business ideas, and it's great for capturing them and organizing them in one place. I make it a habit to cycle through all of my projects once per week to review upcoming deadlines and update the status of projects (sometimes more often). There are some coworkers in other departments who use Asana heavily, but I have not been able to convince my group to use it for collaboration. I would love to get them away from using email, Word docs, and spreadsheets for project collaboration.

Pros: Everything! However, I like that it is easy to quickly add tasks and projects, especially from the mobile app. I rarely miss deadlines or forget things since I started using it. It is a great "container" for all of your project steps, thoughts, notes, ideas, etc. My life would probably fall apart without it! I use the search feature constantly as well.

Cons: There isn't an easy way (that I know of) to see all items across multiple projects that are due on the same day or week. It's possible that I'm not using it the way the folks at Asana intended.

• Reviewed on 19/9/2019
Carlos T.
Sales Representative
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/9/2019

"Asana project management software"

Comments: More than saying it is an intelligible, fast and modern way. Useful in free version. It is multifunctional The timeline view facilitates the management of dependencies. This tool helps you prioritize projects and pending tasks. It gives you the ease of seeing what you have worked on and accomplished before to assess progress. This software is truly useful for teams, facilitating the ways for projects to be completed on time. In my experience, Asana solved several problems where I worked as a team, we worked comfortable to give the company full growth. Asana as a project management program gives the function of monitoring dependencies. Be comfortable with larger or larger projects in which the relationships between tasks are more complicated. In my opinion it is a suitable tool for companies to grow larger.

Pros: Pro:
It is ideal to organize your work, Asana allows you to plan and structure the work in a comfortable way for you and your work team, in this way help you meet the deadlines, the platform offers you the creation of visual project plans to see how each step is assigned over time
. As well as providing you with setting priorities and deadlines, sharing details and assigning tasks, all in a single tool, it is super practical, to progress with your commitments, with it it is much easier to identify risks and eliminate recommended obstacles using custom fields to track the information that is most important for your team or company Even when the plans change, it gives you the opportunity to advance projects and tasks at each stage of the project by giving a report on how your work is going. Share the results with your team and see how the work progresses to see what is on track and what needs attention. You know how the work evolves and can be aligned with everyone and the goals, also use the timeline to create a plan that shows you how your entire project fits and helps you keep the job in the best way as things change
. It allows you to manage time viewing the work in a calendar as well as easily locate gaps and overlays in your schedule and make adjustments quickly. Turn common processes into templates that guide your entire team and you can use
. It gives you the handling information with the right people. Make teams and projects private to create a safe space for sensiti

Cons: Cons: Some articles can be improved (but that's what the reviewers are for)
It is limiting for the organization of projects for the team calendar, but will progressively improve
. Now it is my pleasure in my work to assign two people to a task so that there is support for the work, when someone is absent, we are human and things can happen,
You can't combine calendars but I'm sure they will solve it
. It would be good if it is implemented more easily with Outlook or Gmail. It would be great to facilitate sending email tasks to Asana
. As well as, the creation of new section headings for tasks and lists can be improved. In addition to improving more aspects of the interface and make them customizable.
It does not allow the personalization of funds but they are banalities, it is not important

• Reviewed on 6/9/2019
Tammie B.
creator
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 1/9/2019

"helps me run my business"

Comments: asana is keeping me totally organized. i have a very specific list of what needs to get done each day. at a glance, i can see what i have next for every single project and i can see what i have planned for the day and the week. (i love the calendar view for my tasks!) it's SUCH a great feeling to check off all the items you have on tap for the day! and it's not just mindless checking off tasks, it's getting me closer to my big goals.

Pros: keeps me super organized because i'm a one-woman show and i can't keep it all straight without asana! i love that you can view things on a calendar and sync to your ical or google calendar. i love that you can create different projects and can create subtasks. i don't have a team, but it has tons of great features to assign and keep track of tasks for teams. i check in on my tasks multiple times a day on asana to keep me focused and it has helped me accomplish more than i thought possible. i also love that you have the option to create kanban boards. you can create recurring tasks which is super helpful. i have all of my projects color coordinated and have due dates set so it keeps me super organized. and it's free!!

Cons: i wish you could switch from list view to kanban view, but you have to select one or the other when setting up a new project. also, since i am a single user, i wish it would automatically assign all tasks to me, but i have to enter it every time. (if you don't assign a task to yourself, it won't show up in "my tasks") i check in multiple times a day to my tasks, so i have to make sure i have assigned all the tasks to myself so they show up and don't slip through the cracks. i also wish that when i completed a task, it would be removed from my inbox. (instead, i just manually archive all items in my inbox every couple days)

• Reviewed on 1/9/2019
Simon B.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/8/2019

"An essential tool for our business"

Comments: As a small business that has both internal staff and contractors Asana helps us break projects into tasks and keep track of where we are. It’s easy to set up and use which means everybody uses it.

Pros: Asana makes both managing projects and product development simple. Dare I say it? Perhaps even a pleasure. A pleasure because of some of the funky features it has - unicorns fly when you complete a task, friendly monsters peek at you over cards. But it’s certainly not frivolous. Projects are easy to set up and track. Team members can build a clear view of their work. Admins can report on progress.

Cons: It’s a shame you can’t assign tasks to two people. And that, in calendar view, you can’t rearrange tasks into the order you wish to do them.

Dilanka H.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 28/8/2019

"Good and very simple tool to manage your Team and Tasks"

Comments: Asana helped me and my organization in resolving daily issues when assigning and managing tasks over Projects and Teams. We are an IT Service/Development company where the tasks and resource tracking is the base of billing. Asana helped us in tracking tasks in a very good capacity. However it is seen that the lack of customization ability was given a burning problem increased over days with growing requirements.

Pros: Implementation easiness saved a lot of time. User provision and giving them the access to play with Asana was a great advantage when it came to a full-stacked IT Development Company like us. Simple and elegant design was another plus mark.

Cons: When it came to the day to day functionalities in use users found it little difficult to take the full potential of the assigned tasks because of lack of details captured. Asana should focus on least functionalities to allow end-users (administrators) to customize data/information capturing fields. If the feasibility is there to add some more data driven fields it could have been a great advantage.

Tom C.
Digital Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/7/2019

"Asana a great work management tool"

Comments: the overall experience of asana is very goo, its a well built and well designed system that I can imagine I will be using for a long time to come.

Pros: one of the things that stands out to me as a designer, is intact the UI. love the colours and the features of the system. also its a nice touch adding in the little animations when tasks are completed

Cons: the only think I would say I sometimes have an issue with is the emails that I receive from the system. every now and then I will get an email that has a title but has no information about the overarching task, it would be very helpful if you could add in a parent task description or even an excerpt to just to give you some relevance to what the ticket is about

• Reviewed on 23/7/2019
Beline F.
Event Manager & Marketing Specialist
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/7/2019

"Wonderful Task Management Software"

Pros: The user interface is great - it's easy to jump in and start using it, and then to get better at using some of the amazing features of it. Our team has different levels of users, including people that are less comfortable using new tech, and Asana's flexibility allows them to use it less often and less thoroughly, while other users like myself plan entire projects start to finish, with high levels of granularity, directly in Asana.

Cons: This is a bit of a technical detail, but we are a sub-unit of several teams, in a college, in a university, and so we share our domain name (@xxxx.edu) with the global university, so we weren't able to get the company style account, rather than a basic premium account, which makes dealing with a ton of projects a bit unruly, and a privacy concern. Our fix was to make all the projects private and only share them with who needs access.

• Reviewed on 18/7/2019
Santiago A.
Co Editor Chief
  • Reviewed on 3/4/2019

"Amazing, powerful and simple, the organizational dream of every team."

Comments: Having digital platforms, with staff in different parts of the world, it is difficult to group all the work that must be done in one place, since we use Asana as the main organizational element, we managed to reduce errors in attention by 50% of the users and we increase the productivity of the company's departments. It has a lot to do with the way in which we have managed to identify critical nodes and support them among other areas advanced in their goals. Also, we have received from our customers a positive assessment of their requirements.

Pros: I have reviewed native applications of big names of the market, that do not finish convincing you, they offer you many promises in functionalities that do not finish concretizing, that is one of the things that I like the most of Asana, it offers you clarity from the first moment, and It gives you at the same time, a simple interface, very powerful and able to get any team to work with the collective work and common goals. In addition, I like that all co-workers can see in digital every progress and achievement achieved of their assigned responsibilities. Also, it has allowed us to be more organized with the meetings and requirements of our clients. As the planning cannot be rigid, thanks to Asana we have identified aspects that can put at risk the global goals of the company, so we have managed to help the department that presents some difficulty. Actually, Asana gives you the full view, it's a genius.

Cons: Entrepreneurs can find in Asana a complete platform and very capable of growing any initiative, that is why I do not identify negative aspects to mention, I have years of use and it is wonderful the ability they have to reinvent themselves in the provision of a service that It looks a lot like wine, it improves with the passage of time.

• Reviewed on 3/4/2019
Author
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2018

"The App That Makes Me Count My Lucky Stars"

Pros: Asana
If apps were food, my mouth would WATER when I mention Asana. It's not just any meal. When it comes to organizational apps, it's THE best dessert. It's SWEEEEEET!
It's the app that I'm actually using to write the draft of this review on. Every time I need to move all my to-do's from my head onto another place, I jot them down on Asana. I can use physical calendars, ( I actually do like them)... but Asana has been the ONE system that I use to jot down my goals, to-do's , projects, systems, outlines, notes, reminders, pretty much everything except my shopping list and things I have to fully write. I love this app so much that I'm actually quite proficient at using it thanks to a course that I took called Asana HQ http://bit.ly/asanahq. It has taught me how to maximize my account that I created using my own domain. The beauty of Asana is that it's simple to use, easy to create lists on, group those things into tasks or projects and just literally move forward in life. I have become considerably more proficient in life thanks to Asana. Yes you can buy a computer, and buy some software and gear for your dreams... but if you don't have a tool in place that allows you to nudge yourself forward, you'll most likely be stuck for a very long time. Asana is SO great that I count my lucky stars knowing that it's free. Try it... and don't be surprised if you fall in love with it. It's perfect for the little thoughts you don't want to forget, it's also perfect for the

Cons: I can't think of anything. I like it that much. If I had a magic wand, maybe more free features would be nice. I wish they added a progress bar to your tasks or projects to visiaully better be able to gauge the progress we're making. But it's already a great app.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2018
Adam H.
Engineer
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/8/2018

"Great Tool for Progress Tracking and Group Collaboration"

Comments: We have been able to streamline group organization and collaboration into a single source. Asana has helped to keep current lists of project related tasks, and ensure team members are aware of, and completing tasks by the given completion target dates. Asana has also helped to reduce email clutter caused from frequent 'back and forth' emails for small comments between team members by providing a single location to comment on, and update statuses of tasks. Overall, Asana has been a great tool that has provided a significant positive change in the way we communicate and track project statuses in our team.

Pros: The excellent user interface provides for a clean and organized way to add tasks to your list, edit tasks, and cross tasks off when completed. As I primarily use this software for business purposes for collaboration with team members within my office, it is a one-stop-shop that has eliminated paper checklists, sticky notes, and "to-do" lists, by combining all of these in a slick web interface. The ease of use results in frequent task updates which can be viewed and commented on by the entire team, ensuring tasks are not missed or forgotten. As I am often working on many projects simultaneously throughout the week, the convenience of adding new projects and tasks to individual projects is extremely helpful to stay organized, view all of the pending tasks, and schedule time accordingly based on completion dates you have inputted for each task. Another great feature is linking emails to certain projects in Asana; a quick copy of the URL for the project in the platform, and you can easily send emails and attachments directly into Asana for effortless filing. As a free software, Asana is an excellent tool to use for group collaboration, or for personal use to make sure you are effectively managing checklist, tasks and projects.

Cons: The major downside to Asana used in a working environment is that tasks can't be assigned priorities, which can result in frequent check-ins on the list to ensure you are prioritizing tasks properly. A color-coded priority method would be extremely helpful in elevating high priority tasks above the rest. As Asana is a cloud-based software, latency can sometimes be an issue resulting in a delay in typing and moving between projects and tasks, though this is only a minor convenience.

• Reviewed on 31/8/2018
Blanca C.
Marketing Manager
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2016

"I love Asana but some features could be more user friendly"

Comments: I use Asana to manage all of my marketing client projects. I really love it and recommend it to many. One of the things that was missing were dependencies. Now that the Asana team has created them, I try to use them everywhere but building the dependencies on re-occuring task (with a list of subtasks) is VERY tedious. It would be great if the feature had a drag and connect option to build dependencies. The way it is right now takes so much time to go in and click on every subtask that is dependent on the one before. Or even having the ability to copy dependencies when making a copy of a task so that the new task's subtasks already have all of the subtask dependencies built when copied over.

Pros: Sleek and user friendly interface. Mobile App and offline mode work very well. Love the continued development of new features and integrations. Looking forward to using Asana with Slack once I get the hang of it.

Cons: I was so excited about these dependencies and while I'm still happy I can use them, the process of assigning them is SO manual and tedious. I run multiple client projects on Asana and some of these clients have re-occuring processes where building dependencies EVERY SINGLE TIME we replicate a task with a list of subtasks just takes up more time than I have. Ability to copy dependencies just like other info when duplicating a task.. OR even better, ability to click on a subtask and drag a connection to the subtask before it that it's dependent on. Example: Email flow for a client. Our contract of seeing out 20 emails in 8 months. Each email and topic is it's own task but the process to get the email out is built into subtasks and the same for each task. Since the whole project is run by contract free-lancers, dependency notifications when something is done is a great feature but we have to go in and build/connect dependencies for 120 subtasks if each main task (email) has 6 subtasks. Also connecting dependencies to flow into Instagantt. I know they had dependencies before Asana but now using Instagantt means DOUBLE dependency work if we want Asana dependencies to be reflected on Instagantt.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2016