15 years helping Irish businesses

About Eventzilla

Eventzilla is an online event registration and marketing platform designed for virtual, in-person, and hybrid events, with features to

Learn more about Eventzilla

Pros:

I love the customization options available, yet, there could be more. One service I was hoping to use was the auto redirect after purchasing a ticket, but that function doesn't work for some reason.

Cons:

That I was charged and not refunded for a resolved issue.

Eventzilla ratings

4.3
4.2
4.2
4.4

8.4/10

Eventzilla has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 377 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Eventzilla before?

Business Owner in US
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

A must have for events!

Comments: Eventzilla is my go to for all my events. It has allowed me to expand my business and offer customers a quick and easy way to sign up for my events.

Pros:

Ease of use, lots of features to match a variety of events. Easy to customize and personalize.

Cons:

Would like some additional customization features.

Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

Great way to automate your registration process without getting too complex

Comments: Eventzilla lets you set up various events, with all the details. A neat looking widget can be embedded on your website. Customers can register through this system in which you predetermined ticket prices, number of spots available in your event etc. There are a lot of details to add, but this ensures you don't forget anything important when setting up the event. You can add different tickets, e.g. more expensive ones for better seats (and limit how many there are) or early bird discounted tickets (that are only available until a certain date/time). Eventzilla sends you a message (email or mobile notification) for each registration - you can turn this off if it annoys you. I use this mainly for trainings with less than 20 people and find it a good way to easily keep my finger on the pulse of registrations. It has certainly cut down on the back and forth (emails, phone calls...) I used to have when manually signing up people for my courses. Now I can concentrate on the actual interaction with people. You can send participants updates and information directly from the app or export a CSV to use in other places such as Mailchimp. This also makes it easy to add people to my regular mailing list (which they consent to when signing up). As the ticket and payment options are laid out clear, I have really seen an improvement in payments on time. Usually I run a course now with everyone having paid well in advance (to catch the early bird discount).

Pros:

Lots of features you need to set up a successful event. As you give potential participants a link (or embedded the beautiful widget on your site and point them to that) and they simply sign up by themselves, gone are the days of endless emails back and forth and then ending up with inaccurate or incomplete information. Using this system has also almost completely eliminated having customers pay last minute. Overall the many settings are simple enough to set up and the amount of customization options are great. Eventzilla's charges are reasonable.

Cons:

At the same time, the many ways you can customize Eventzilla also sometimes make it a bit hard to know where to look for what setting. I usually add a 'test ticket' for free to an event I create and then 'test buy' it to ensure everything is working as it should. That is a bit cumbersome, but is just a trade off for having lots of options.

Ram
Chief of Party in US
Construction, 201–500 Employees

Eventzilla Review

5.0 last month New

Pros:

With Eventzilla, I am able to create virtual and hybrid events in one place.

Cons:

Event ticketing was daunting but the vendor offered free support.

Claire
Consultant in UK
Events Services, Self Employed

Poor automated emails for attendees

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall it was not an easy platform to use and I would not recommend using it especially for the 2 step confirmation process

Pros:

Eventzilla has a good customer support desk and has the capability to create a 2 step sign in process for attendees which sets it apart from other platforms

Cons:

We had a very bad experience with most aspects of the event management. Most notable was the automated emails that were sent to attendees being poorly formated with spelling mistakes in the subject line.

Robert
Founder in US
Design, Self Employed

A good mid tier option, but is in need of some adjustments

Pros:

It allows my team to quickly and easily set up their events.

Cons:

Some things are difficult to use for both admins and attendees. However customer support is prompt

Karyn
Marketing Coordinator in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Great event solution with robust features

Comments: This enabled us to look professional when ticketing for events and helped us keeping events organized and secure.

Pros:

Eventzilla is a great solution for event management. The ticketing feature is awesome and the event tracking tools are very useful. It is easy to setup events and customize the event forms to capture the data you want from the guests. Admission at the door is easy using printed or mobile codes to scan.

Cons:

I would have liked to be able to customize the confirmation email with the free version, but I am impressed with the solution overall.

Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Good for free or low-budget event and small-scale organization.

Comments: Very good, not perfect but for a free service and for a small-scale volunteer-based organization like mine, this does the job. Available in both desktop and mobile app version. My events have run well so far.

Pros:

Easy to use, easy to customize. Mailing and collecting participants' info was a breeze using Eventzilla. The mobile app is also handy.

Cons:

Sometimes during e-mail blast to my participants, the header (automatic by Eventzilla) can be misleading. Once it says "CANCELLATION" in the header although it was not cancelled, just merely sharing the event update to my participants.

Bradley
CEO in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great replacement for Eventbrite

Comments: Fantastic

Pros:

Robust set of features, Stripe integration for instant payouts

Cons:

A bit less intuitive than Eventbrite, but not prohibitive

Brianne
Creative Director/ CBDO in US
Food & Beverages, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great for Virtual events as well

Comments: Great, use it yearly.

Pros:

Being able to have a ticket system that collects the info for us and also allows us to email attendees. Useful for updates and then even follow up surveys. I also love the different ticket options. Different "tiers" of tickets along with cut off dates makes having our conventions that much easier.

Cons:

Nothing that I have noticed yet. Keep it up

Mayowa
Mayowa
Design Engineer in Nigeria

Easy to create events.

Pros:

Eventzilla makes it easy to create events and customize how I want my event page to look like. It has a simple interface, making it easy for attendees to register for events. I am also able to send messages to my attendees all at once.

Cons:

I have had trouble paying for event tickets in time past on Eventzilla. Apart from the issues with payment , Eventzilla does a good job in every other area.

Paul
CFO & Chief Paper Pusher in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

The Good and the Not So Good - Feature Rich and Affordable

Comments: Affordable event management application that was quick to get up and running

Pros:

Cost - It's cheaper for events then most other solutions, Ticket Pricing - great with coupons and volume discounts, CheckIn - easy with the mobile phone applications, Check Out and Purchase - straight forward and the event pages are pretty good

Cons:

We run 30 events or more a year. Our issue is that someone registers or purchases a ticket to an event but can't remember which one. There is no way to search all our event registrations at once, you will need to go into each event and search. This is very frustrating and time consuming. The event page looks great but adding formatted text can be a bit tricky. There were a few events where trying to get the formatting correct was awful and challenging - we just had to go with straight text only approach. When viewing all events there is no option to sort events - alphabetically, dates, etc. it would be great to be able to do this and to sort descending or ascending to find events more quickly. When an order is PENDING (meaning it hasn't been paid for online) the attendee doesn't show up in the attendees report until the order for the registration is PAID. We would prefer to have the attendee list contain a column that indicates if the ticket is paid for or not. That way the mobile registration app could alert us more quickly about payment status.

Denise
Photographer in US
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Almost perfect

Comments: It’s good but there a lot of room for improvement.

Pros:

The interaction with PayPal is great and it allows folks to use their own credits cards to maximize points etc.

Cons:

There is no way to create a reply email (like a thank you) to a registration. Just a like box. I think this could be substantially better. Also the ticket limit is ridiculous. If you have an event with a limit of 10 spots, and you want to stagger payments (1/3, 1/3, 1/3) the system will show sold out when 10 payments are received. So 7 pay the first 1/3, 3 go to pay the second 1/3. When the 4th goes to make a second payment they get sold out. It’s forced me to go to invoicing through PayPal.

Katie
Director of Community Service in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Too Many Glitches and Poor Customer Service

Comments: Customer service is poor. They ignore your emails and requests.

Pros:

I like that this program is somewhat easy to use. There are a lot of features. I especially like that you can clone an event rather than re-writing the entire thing for repeat eevnts

Cons:

too many glitches. sometimes, I'm not able to type in the boxes and need to sign out in order for me to re-start. Sometimes, I'm not able to publish my drafts, or they publish and then unpublish themselves. My account has been suspended. Granted, they fixed it but they ignored my multiple emails asking why my account was suspended in the first place. I pay for this program and do not appreciate that you cannot get in contact with customer service on the phone.

Kira
Founder in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

Great alternative to EventBrite

Comments: Overall I like EventZilla better than EventBrite. Not only for the cost (we are an official non-profit and giving even a small % is a lot to us), but also for the number of features that we get for that cost. Additionally, adding different types of tickets is really helpful because we can accommodate certain scenarios with our students without having to manually manage different, common ticket scenarios (e.g., reduced cost).

Pros:

I used EventBrite, but switched to EventZilla and continued to use EventZIlla because I feel the following is a better value for my money: - Seemingly more features - More customization of my event - Better admin/management features of the individual events as well as the account as a whole - Analytics on events

Cons:

- Setting up the payment was a little bit "round about" in understanding how to do so - Refunding/Canceling orders was confusing. The help document did not provide enough clarity. - Inability to transfer registrations between events without refunding money.

6 years ago

Thanks Kira for sharing your feedback. We are thrilled to have you on-board. Our product management team will review the items you had mentioned on your review and add it to your continuous improvement roadmap. Thanks again. - Customer Success Team @Eventzilla

Gerald
CEO in Canada
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

5 stars all the way...

Comments: I recommend big time...
What a great service and easy to use. Further, you get your cash NOW, no need to wait at the end of the event. Customer support is awesome. Bang for the buck...

Pros:

Everything...

Cons:

Need french version option upon registration

7 years ago

Hi Gerald, Thanks for choosing Eventzilla for your event registration needs. Great feedback about displaying the language selection option on registration. We plan on implementing you feedback in the next release. Thanks again. Customer Success Team @Eventzilla

Cindy
Owner, Mental Health Counselor in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

It has worked wonderfully for my business.

Comments: This software is excellent for our purpose. Easy to edit, delete, clone, do attendance. The mobile app is excellent. I have had no changes that I could not figure out. It is very user friendly!

Pros:

It is so easy to modify and add to! When I have to delete and re-enter due to a typo, it is very simple to edit. Very user-friendly! Love the mobile app. It is so handy when doing attendance. I really like all of it.

Rex
semi-retired teacher in Australia

My experience with Eventzilla

Comments: It saved the organisers a heap of time, and we rarely had anyone registering that found the registration process difficult to use.

Pros:

* It really simplified the process of people registering for our workshops, both for them and for us. * When I had an issue with the software, the Eventzilla team got back to me straight away and resolved the problem. * Our workshops had the same format, so we were able to create a new form for registering by just editing an existing form. A real time-saver. * And because we weren't charging teachers for the workshops, it was free to use.

Cons:

Only that one issue with the software - we were using a keyboard character in our title that caused the problem. But it was resolved quickly.

Melinda
Project Manager in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

We love Eventzilla!

Comments: Ease of managing registration and I love that it's free. We are a non-profit so it's so appreciated that you keep the basic free!

Pros:

I was hesitant to try a registration management site I had not heard of before, but I went ahead and did it. I've been very impressed in how great it works! It's pretty easy to use and if you can't find something, you can search the Q&A section. I've been using it a little over a year now for various events for our non-profit and I love the fact they keep the costs low, and even free for the general system. We will continue to use and promote Eventzilla whenever possible!

Cons:

Honestly, I can't think of any. I've noticed it has a tendency to remove my cover photo at times and rearrange my custom questions. But those are just little quirks that are easy to work around. Just double check everything before publishing the event!

Brent
Administrator in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Good program as long as you don't have limited seating for your event.

Comments: Pros: Fairly simple to set up, seems simple for attendees to use, multiple views of attendee data, ability to email attendees. I like the export function because it allows me to save the attendee data in Excel and manipulate it to suit my needs. Customer Service via chat was prompt and effective. Cons: Does not work for events with limited seating due to "pending" tickets not being pulled from seating totals. Anyone choosing to pay at the door ends up in "pending" unless you manually confirm the ticket. If you do, it puts that customer in with those who have paid and you have no way of identifying them at check-in. A couple of times before our event I had to go in and adjust the number of available tickets to compensate for the "pending" attendees. Too many attendees had trouble with the payment process and ended up on the "incomplete/abandoned" list. From what I gather from attendees, many thought they had to have a PayPal account when they got to the payment page, so they backed out. A PayPal account is not required for payment processing since we have an account. Somehow the interface should be reviewed to avoid confusing potential attendees. Customer service via chat was prompt and effective. I'm still waiting for an email response to a question I was promised, but now our event is over. There should be a way to move attendees that end up on the "incomplete/abandoned" list to the "pending" list if they have chosen to pay at the gate.

Dana
Managing Broker in US

Fabulous software to publish our monthly Continuing Education calendar for real estate

Pros:

Ease and flexibility for event creation & contact with attendees. it is so easy to create an event & link a Google map to the location. I also like that I may customize an email when someone purchases a ticket & send the attendees a reminder or change about the event.

Cons:

Setting up a waiting list is a bit confusing & not automated. I wish that it was automated so when an attendee cancels, the system would automatically go to the wait list & send the next person in line an email to register for an available seat. It seems that I have to do that manually - unless I just haven't figured that part out!

Steven Pharris MSW
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, Self Employed

New Customer

Comments: We love it, it has saved so much time and looks so much better than any product we have used in the past.

Pros:

The ease of the functions and the layout takes less time to set up, organize, and download reports. Registrations are easy to complete and our customers are increasing. A simple well organized platform has yielded higher profits for use and less abandoned registrations.

Cons:

A would like to see the ability to upload a custom certificate as opposed to the 2 options available.

Jessica
Owner/Organizer in US
Events Services, Self Employed

Always Getting Better

Comments: I obviously really like Eventzilla, as I switched to using them in 2014 and have stuck with them. Getting a custom URL, getting money deposited weekly (and not at the end of my event like other sites), and a slew of other features make it a really great choice.

Pros:

I love the functionality vs. price. I have been using Eventzilla for several years now and they are always improving the functionality, yet the price to the consumer is always low compared to other ticketing sites.

Cons:

I think some menus could be streamlined and easier to find/navigate, but it's a very small complaint and not a huge deal.

Cayce
Assistant Director of Leadership Development in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great registration tool!

Pros:

Eventzilla has been super easy to set up and utilize for our events and programs that both require payment and those that don’t! Linking to paypal was super simple and straightforward. Eventzilla customer service has also been quick to respond!

Cons:

The only issue that has come to mind is super unique for arranging a conference on our campus to accept payments through a bank account.

6 years ago

Thanks Cayce for sharing your feedback about Eventzilla's customer service. We do have bank transfer as a payment option to collect payments. You can contact us at [email protected] to learn more about it. We are thrilled to have you on-board and look forward to assisting you. - Customer Success Team @Eventzilla

Marge
Treasurer in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Mainly worked well; when it didn't work well, it was not good.

Comments: The pros are that management of the tickets was better than individuals selling tickets. We did receive our money from PayPal as promised, so that worked well.
The cons were that setting up the account was not easy as portrayed. When speaking with representatives on the phone, I could not understand the representative. When I tried to use the Chat program, the answers were either slow or not at all. I suggest that when emailing confirmation regarding ticket purchase that only one email be sent to notify regarding 1)purchase of the ticket; 2) payment being made to PayPal and 3) payment being made to Eventzilla. There were way too many emails to handle the information.
The list of purchasers available from the site were listed with first names instead of last names, and the font was so small as to be not usable for checking people in at the door. I had to prepare a separate list on my computer.
Sometimes people did not receive an Eticket and did not know what to do, nor did the clients.
I think some additional work on the website is in order. Customer Service needs some work also.
I realize that I am of an older generation and perhaps a younger person more tech savvy could have navigated all of this a little more easily. It was quite frustrating for me.

Anna
HR in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Great way to manage and set up an event!

Comments: We love that Eventzilla allows you to make your own questions as part of registration in order to correctly collect all of the data needed to ensure we are set up. Highly recommended!

Pros:

I love that Eventzilla is a trusted site that has been around for 9 years. It offers setting up the event, sending invites, collecting payments, as well as tracks attendance to give you great data.

Cons:

We had a glitch a few years ago with the ticket posting, but it was corrected. Very few errors, great product. Well worth it!