• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.1 /5
    3.8 /5

About Dayforce HCM

A cloud-based HCM platform that brings together payroll, time and attendance, and HR.

Learn more about Dayforce HCM

HR Manager
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2020

"Not userfriendly but to discover"

Comments: Overall, it was painful at moments (because of all the issues) but I'm happy I only had one centralized system to work with.

Pros: I worked with Dayforce from Ceridian for over 2 years. It was difficult to implement it but what is good with this system is how EVERYTHING is centralized, employee information, payroll, timesheet, time off request, onboarding, etc. This is GREAT, it saves time. They do have FEW but VERY competent technical support specialist that we can rely on but unfortunately, not all of them are able to support you properly.

Cons: The problems with Dayforce are that EVERYTIME you want to do a modification (vacation calculation per example) it cost you money. Every time they do a modification based on what you asked, it will impact something else (since everything is centralized) and most of the time, their customer support team are not specialized enough to know what changes impacts what. It is VERY painful working with their team sometimes as a problem solved creates another issue where most of the time you still need to pay extra money to solve it.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2020
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 20/3/2018

"Dayforce has changed HR and Payroll at our organization in a postive way!"

Pros: Once we went live on Dayforce is felt like we left the dark ages for the electronic age! No more paper times sheet which several people handled, the employee punching the time clock, the supervisor totaling hours, identifying how many at regular pay, how many at overtime 1.5, how many vacation hours, how many hours against sick time, where were they transferred, etc. Once the supervisor wrote all of this, then someone in HR got to key this information into a "Green Screen" and the file was uploaded to a payroll system and you hoped the data would flow though without errors or dumping. With Dayforce, the employee now requests time away in Dayforce, the supervisor either approves it or denies it, if approved the time is automatically placed on the timecard and the entitlement is deducted, both the supervisor and the employee can see the timecard each and every day and if any questions arise, they are taken care of before running payroll. In addition, our employees no longer need to complete a form to turn into HR for changes in their information. Our employees change their own information in Dayforce for tax forms, address, email, phone numbers, emergency contact, etc. Company issued property and training records are all housed in Dayforce. We recently implemented the recruiting and performance module. Dayforce keeps enhancing the product.

Cons: I do think Dayforce can improve upon the Recruiting module. I do realize they have an upgrade coming which does show it has upgrades in the recruiting module. I would like to see them provide the functionality to schedule interviews without Outlook without leaving Dayforce. I would also like to see them provide more standard reports for those client who must write an Affirmative Action Report. I don't feel I should be required to create my own report to pull the required data for this report.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 20/3/2018
Stephen S.
HRIS Administrator
Logistics & Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/6/2017

"Dayforce HCM is a great, single database cloud software, that is constantly adding new features."

Comments: Having used Dayforce HCM for over 5 years, I can honestly say that it is an incredible piece of software that is ever-expanding, and the developers are always hard at work creating more modules. As opposed to previous systems where it required multiple file feeds internally, which would constantly update one place such as the HR record, but would not update in Payroll, Self Service, Benefits, or wouldn't update in any of them; with Dayforce however, there are no longer such data integrity issues, as it uses one database to house it all. It also also far easier on the eyes than some previous systems, and the ad-hoc reporting along with topic builder make creating custom reports quite easy (once you get the gist of how it works - there is a learning curve if you don't take the training - but if you're savvy, it's quite robust). The key with Dayforce is IMPLEMENTATION. If you are not diligent, clear, and thorough with the discovery stage and throughout implementation, it will haunt you down the road. Make a team, dedicate someone to nothing but testing and making sure you've got it doing what each team/department/manager/user needs it to do, just do something to make sure you are comfortable with the application and get what you need, otherwise you will spend a lot of time fixing issues with upset employees . Ceridian has grown their teams vastly, so the support reps can be hit and miss, but if you are techy and willing to learn the system, it is far superior to the others out there, and can be very low maintenance.

Pros: One database means data is always consistent throughout modules.
The flexibility within the configuration is unmatched.
Beautiful appearance and very user-friendly.

Cons: The switch from SilverLight to HTML has been slow and each release has been somewhat buggy initially after upgrading when using the new HTML pieces.
Aside from that, the system is as good as your involvement and motivation to learn (especially during Implementation - be diligent and thorough in your discovery and scoping, or it will be painful when transferred to support).

• Reviewed on 20/6/2017
Chris S.
Director of Store Labor
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/12/2016

"Spend more time on strategic decisions and less time worrying about your software application."

Comments: Summary: Dayforce has an intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities. Employees can view their time card in real-time and it's easy to view task progress across devices. Reporting could be more robust. Dayforce is very useful in an environment where there is a fast pace and multiple access points such as retail, grocery stores, etc. Places of work that allow the use of mobile devices will really allow the application to shine. Environments, where there isn't reliable network access, may prove difficult. Dayforce support staff is very responsive to customer needs and their level of support is strong. We use Dayforce across 90% of our enterprise. We use Time & Attendance across the entire 90% and Scheduling & Task Management across 75%. As a specialty retailer in the Musical Instrument category, we sell very specific products to customers with very specific needs. That requires knowledgeable employees to be in the right place at the right time. Dayforce is key to making that happen.

Pros: - Intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities
- Employees can view their time card in real-time on many different devices
- Easily view task progress across devices and with downward visibility throughout the organization

Cons: - Dayforce could use more robust reporting within the application but have recently released a new Business Intelligence tool to fill the need

• Reviewed on 1/12/2016
Tyler F.
CFO
Machinery, 51-200 Employees

"Dayforce is Great"

Comments: It replaced a prior HCM system that was not doing a good job. Users were not happy with the accessibility to infromation

Pros: It is fantastic. It handles all of our HCM and payroll needs. The reporting is great, never any issues with compliance

Cons: There is nothing that i dont like . It is a great platform.

Lyla R.
HR Operations Associate
Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Ceridian Dayforce Review"

Comments: I'd describe the experience with the cliche "it's a rollercoaster." There have been many process improvements that have come about based on Release updates and the interface is so nice to utilize. However, we have spent so many extra dollars attempting to fix issues stemming from implementation. It should be easier to make improvements without an added cost.

Pros: I enjoy that this system is constantly evolving and improving their features and services. They listen to customer feedback and work to add improvements with each release.

Cons: Unfortunately, the hand-off between Implementation and Support can be difficult, especially if you were not on the team to implement the product. Additionally, the added cost to fix issues stemming from implementation can be incredibly frustrating, especially for a not-for-profit client. We have to debate whether the cost is worth the advancement or if we should continue utilizing manual work-arounds. That's a terrible place to be in when attempting to improve HR processes. Additionally, if you are not knowledgeable in technological terminology, it can be very difficult to "speak the same language" as the Support Team and this can lead to communication break-downs.

Shannon M.
Sports, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"Best Decision We've Made"

Comments: We do not use paper time sheets, this has the HR function which we have never had before.

Pros: Payroll and HR is more efficient. It's easy to use an learn. I love the educational feature.

Cons: There is really nothing I don't like. I think we were so outdated on the system we had before that everything on this system was an improvement.

Darin K.
Aquatics Director
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Reports on demand"

Comments: It's been very positive. The support staff has been phenomenal and they have helped us all along the way. I was shocked at the level of support we received in order to help us with some of our more creative problems.

Pros: I love that I'm able to get the reports that I need relating to my department. I'm able to pull reports in real time and get them instantly in excel format where I can manipulate the data to better my department and company. Even better I can write my own reports including the data I need and exclude what I don't need. This has been monumental in pushing my department and company forward in a very competitive market.

Cons: Some of the things I need in order to be more successful require an added fee per employee. Advanced scheduling module would be very beneficial for me, but we cannot justify the cost at this time

Crystal J.
Director of Accounting
Philanthropy, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/1/2018

"All in One Software Package for Your Time & Attendance, Payroll and Human Resource Needs"

Comments: Make the decision to choose Ceridian Dayforce! It's worth the investment.

Pros: Dayforce HCM is a one stop shop to handle our robust business needs. We have over 2,500 employees that work multiple jobs at multiple locations and needed a system to handle our Timekeeping, Scheduling and Payroll alongside our Recruiting, Onboarding and Performance Management needs. This system has great reporting features and the ability to create custom reports that meet specific business needs. Dayforce HCM also has the ability to create several different roles with different permissions and this functionality is a plus for the different management levels we have. I also love the workflow features throughout the system and the ability for forms to be created and routed to the appropriate approver to reduce some of our manual processes.

Cons: A new system always requires training and Dayforce HCM is the same. There is a plethora of training that should and needs to be completed to be able to fully use and appreciate all this software has to offer. Great news is Ceridian has a comprehensive training site which houses videos, instructor-led courses, MyPath (hands-on) training, etc. which will be great preparation to use this system.

• Reviewed on 19/1/2018
Kylie P.
HR Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Robust System, but can tricky to master"

Comments: I really like the product - I think it is will be vital to my organization and our continued growth.

Pros: I really like how robust the system is -there is so much that you can do to help drive efficiency and accuracy. I also like that is relatively intuitive to use for employee side.

Cons: While the system is robust, it can be really tricky to learn as the administrator. There are so many areas that you need to check in order to make sure something, like a workflow, is working the way you want it to. I have had a few times that I have run into an issue with something and the solution was a buried check box. Simple to fix, but frustrating finding out it was just a box that was missed.

Lydia M.
HR Analyst
Airlines/Aviation, 501-1,000 Employees

"Dayforce Review"

Comments: Over all it has been great! We have had great experiences especially with the Ceridian support team.

Pros: What I like most about this software is that it has endless capabilities. I especially like the onboarding feature that we recently implemented as it has helped in our efforts to go paperless.

Cons: Sometimes a functionality need will come up and Dayforce wont have the capability yet.

Lori K.
PAYROLL SPECIALIST
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/6/2017

"IT WAS AMAZING FROM THE PROJECT LEADER DOWN TO THE IT TECH WHO HELPED INITIATE THE IMPOSIBLE"

Comments: We are now using the most up-to-date software available for completing payroll on time and on budget. We are legislatively compliant. Dayforce is cloud based so we have no worries about servers failing or computers crashing. Our information is safe. Our employees are confident they are being paid correctly. Dayforce has given us the ability to use project coding for our shop employees hours so we can bill our customers for hours worked on their units. It's a one stop solution for our HCM system.

Pros: IT'S USER FRIENDLY AND THE SUPPORT TEAM FROM THE ONLINE VIDEOS TO THE EDUCATION CENTER ARE WONDERFUL. I LIKE HOW IT HAS INTEGRATED INTO OUR COMPANY AND MOST EMPLOYEES HAVE ADAPTED TO IT WITH EASE. THE SCREENS ARE EASY TO NAVIGATE AND WITH THE HELP JUST A CLICK AWAY YOU NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT FIGURING OUT PROBLEMS ON YOUR OWN.

Cons: I'M STILL LEARNING SO I'M FINDING CREATING SOME OF MY OWN REPORTS DIFFICULT. I'M SURE ONCE I GET THE HANG OF HOW TO DO IT IT WILL BE FINE.

• Reviewed on 30/6/2017
Chris B.
Head of HR and TA
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"Very supportive through the selection process"

Comments: We were looking to consolidate our systems with an easy to use product

Pros: We selected the product due to its functionality, it's great GUI, and the support we received during our selection process. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. our Sales Executive, was extremely available and helpful as we were comparing HRIS products.

Cons: We are curious how effective the ATS will be over the long-haul, but are optimistic.

Aimee L.
HRIS Analyst
Defense & Space, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Good System"

Pros: The interface itself is pretty easy to use within the Dayforce modules and I really like how they talk to each other and streamline processes. I have had some of my best experiences with customer service through Ceridian and they always help me modify the system quickly to make it work effectively for me.

Cons: The biggest difficulty we've experienced is Dayforce's ability to talk with external systems. We have a number of third party vendors and the feeds between those and Dayforce have been extremely challenging to get running smoothly.

Lisa V.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 5,001-10,000 Employees

"Ceridian Rocks"

Comments: I have been working on it for 6 years and out of all the other payroll services I have used it is the most user friendly.

Pros: I like how user friendly it is and the support is very helpful!

Cons: Sometimes the updates have bugs that need to have another update to fix.

Carolyn P.
Finance Specialist - Payroll
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/7/2017

"Great software for a one stop shop"

Comments: Ease of use

Pros: I like that you can set up specialized access for your different employee and managers based on the need of the roles. One of the biggest things that I like about Dayforce HCM is that they really listen to their customers. They care about what we think and utilize suggestions for improvement and ease of use. I have been through 2 implementations and I highly recommend Dayforce HCM

Cons: There is very little that I don't like about this software. One thing that comes to mind is the updating of direct deposit accounts. I frequently have employees needing assistance with updating accounts. Also, it would be nice for employees to view their withholding forms in Dayforce and not have to rely on seeing what they are claiming on their paystubs.

• Reviewed on 6/7/2017
Elaine Z.
Retail, 201-500 Employees

"DF Review"

Comments: Overall pleased. I still maintain a problem since implementation that apparently can’t be repaired that is directly effecting employees

Pros: The versatility of the reporting and functionality

Cons: Support availability waiting three days for an initial response.

Jeffrey J.
Customer Service & Sales Mgr
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/10/2019

"scalable HR platform"

Comments: It really is a one stop shop for everything HR. Our headquarters and HR department are remote, so my team and I appreciate the resources within Dayforce HCM. The timeclock and PTO functionality for my team of 12 is easily managed, as are the storage and access to tax and benefit forms. As the manager, I see what they see and then some. We have it set to accrue PTO daily which our employees appreciate. Requesting time off and seeing balances is very easy. Having quick access to pay statements is also handy. I prefer this software over some of the larger players in this space!

Pros: -intuitive for most users w/ basic needs
-stable platform from an outage perspective
-scalable: our company just recently added new hire paperless onboarding via Dayforce. Recruiting will be added soon.

Cons: -reporting is tricky to navigate
-new hire onboarding is finicky. sometimes does not save your work
-certain dynamic functions require IE silverlight, yet program works better in Chrome?

• Reviewed on 3/10/2019
Mike K.
Benefits Admin
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2017

"Ceridian Dayforce HCM--an integrated approach"

Comments: We were able to go from having seven different systems for payroll, benefits to only one. We have automated many of our processes and reduced/eliminated most of the spreadsheets we are using to track information as we have an actual system wherein to track this data.

Pros: One single application, totally integrated for payroll, benefits, HR, recruiting, performance management, etc. We really like that the system is easy to configure. Dayforce itself has come a long way in the 18 months we have been a customer--they have upgraded the platform several times. They are good listeners and seek to improve all the time.

Cons: We have struggled with carrier feeds. Dayforce is growing at such a rapid pace that it seems like the customer support side has been slow to catch up. In the 18 months we have been with Dayforce, we have had 3 customer success reps. The turnover (on their side) is a little worrisome.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2017
Kristen L.
Employee Services Administrator
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"After a year of using Dayforce..."

Comments: Our implementation went smoothly, for the most part. We loved our implementation consultant, Zuhayr Moreea. He quickly answered questions, learned our corporation, and did exactly what we needed. We are now in the process of implementing Recruiting and Performance Management, and it is not nearly as quick and smooth of a process. I believe this is through professional services, so that may be the difference. We have noticed a huge difference.

Pros: I like how user-friendly the software is...once you know where to go, it's easy to use. Our employees were hesitant at first, but now they comment on how they like it.

Cons: We are still having issues with the benefits and payroll coinciding correctly, so that has been an ongoing administrative nightmare. Previously, we were on Ceridian Latitude and did not have the benefits and payroll synched.

Danielle P.
HRIS Administrator
Textiles, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2018

"One Stop Shop"

Comments: I have had some really great support people helping me through my first open enrolment and it has really been great!

Pros: I love the ease of logging into one system to get access to all my needs from processing a new employee to processing payroll and beyond. Having access to everything I need in one location for employees make my work life happier and more efficient!

Cons: The vast amount of information to sort through with any upgrade can be overwhelming. Would be nice to have a script to test through so I can be sure I am covering all of my bases before it is live on production.

• Reviewed on 18/10/2018
Kristin B.
Payroll Specialist
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/2/2018

"Preparation is Key"

Comments: Single database, tax processing and management, ease of updating employee information, even backdated changes

Pros: We love the SourceTax and single database approach, and reporting has been very flexible. We also enjoy the way that retroactive changes process in the system and the easy of viewing and calculating the upcoming payroll file for review.

Cons: We've had some issues because we didn't start our training until we were already in implementation, and we made a few mistakes that we're stuck with at this point.
They frequently release updates, many based on customer suggestions, which is good, but sometimes the new releases (two per year are mandatory) cause unanticipated issues in previously functional areas.

• Reviewed on 14/2/2018
Jess H.
IT Help Desk Technician
Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2018

"Useful and robust, but limited depending on your browser"

Comments: It is a good software, but will be much better when it changes to HTML5 and no longer relies on Silverlight.

Pros: It's easy to manage your time off requests, your payroll and documents, and any information regarding your pay and benefits. Web based, so it's great to be able to use the features while at home or on the go via my Smartphone.

Cons: Due to reliance on Silverlight by Microsoft the software is not as useful in browsers that do not support Silverlight, such as Chrome or Firefox. The software still functions in some areas, but not all.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2018
Ali S.
Sales
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/1/2019

"Use it everyday"

Pros: What i love about this app, is that you can requests a swap of shifts with your collegues if you know there is . aday that you can't come into work

Cons: What i dislike about this is the fact that you can not access your pay stub or your tax forms in it, that would make it much easier for people to access all information in one app.

by Ceridian on 22/2/2019

Hi Ali,

Thanks so much for sharing your review. This is incredibly valuable feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Thanks again!
Victoria

• Reviewed on 22/1/2019
Bridget D.
HR Systems Senior Specialist
Management Consulting, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/4/2018

"Ceridian Dayforce"

Pros: Dayforce is much easier to navigate from an end user perspective, so training the field on authorizing schedules, time sheets, time away from work, and any kind of employment form (promotions, terminations, ect.) was successful at my organization. I think having a system that is simple to use has really helped us to increase our payroll accuracy across the organization since the field is more willing to be engaged.

Cons: The fact that some of their modules still use MS Silverlight, which means my browser choices are limited when working in the system.

• Reviewed on 18/4/2018