15 years helping Irish businesses

About Nextpoint

Empowers modern legal teams to efficiently and securely manage ediscovery and case prep with unlimited data and expert services.

Learn more about Nextpoint

Pros:

Integrates easily into incumbent litigation hold software.

Nextpoint ratings

4.2
4.7
4.2
4.4

8.0/10

Nextpoint has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 217 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Nextpoint before?

Legal Services, 11–50 Employees

Great legal support software

Pros:

What I love about this software is that it allows you to review legal documents with unilimited data hosting and it allows you to organize it and modify it the way you want to and is easier for your team to view. It also allows you to keep track of all the documents, mails, attachments and threads. It also gives you the tranquility that the uploaded files are secure.

Cons:

It is not a very friendly software, for me and my team it was a little bit hard to take control over the platform.

Susan
Susan
IT Specialist/Office Manager in US

Processing Big Data Made Easier

Comments: We have experienced wonderful customer service with NextPoint, and are constantly in touch with our representative (or she frequently checks in with us to hear how things are going). The service and support is much different from our previous product, where it was very difficult to speak with our representative or receive help as needed. Our team has been glad to grow with NextPoint, even though many other ESI providers often contact us.

Pros:

We like that we have the ability to load, organize, and sort large amounts of data. This is our second ESI software to work with, and it is much more robust in its capabilities with managing data. It has the ability for trial presentation which essentially combines two products into one, and saves our smaller, boutique firm from needing to purchase multiple types of software for various legal tasks.

Cons:

The ability to process some Auto Cad files without customer support. As we mainly handle construction law matters, we work with multiple AutoCad files. We need the ability to process them independently and efficiently.

Brett
NCC Paralegal in US
Law Practice, 201–500 Employees

Next Point

Comments: It's been good though frustrating at times.

Pros:

It's fast. The process is usually very quick which is a huge bonus for us. The main database we use has about half a million documents, even more pages, and the database can give us results quickly. In addition, there are filter features allowing us to presort information that can be quite helpful for abbreviating searches.

Cons:

It's not necessarily accurate. We rely on coding in particular to find out whether a document is relevent or not. OCR isn't nearly as useful given the documents we have are historical and some hand written. The OCR confuses words and phrases sometimes. Also, I don't like the Boolean searches. There are times when the word 'and' or an ampersand is in the name of a company and there is no good way to add that to Boolean searches making them worthless.

Mark

Best-in-Class Client Service, Very Effective Tool, Affordable/Viable Cost

Comments: My experience with Nextpoint has been a tremendous one. Before I entered the law, I worked in sales/service in multiple positions within the banking/financial and professional sports industries, which gives me a different vantage than perhaps most attorneys who went straight to law school after college and their entire career is comprised of legal/lawyer work. It is from that vantage I truly appreciate the warm, friendly, and accommodating personality/culture of Nextpoint. And my primary point-of-contact over at Nextpoint, the rep, is in every sense of the word magnificent. She's consistently tuned in and makes you, as a client, feel your needs are at the top of her list. But not only is she attentive and timely, she goes above and beyond the call of duty and delivers high-quality service to help you better understand and learn how to use all of Nextpoint's many tools. The others on her team embody this same client-focused drive and it really shows you "who" Nextpoint is. They are a great company with the right product/tools, but better yet, the right mindset. They are a pleasure to work with, and blow all the other e-Discovery companies my mailboxes are littered with e-mails and voicemails from. If I could give other litigators a point of advice: Forget the AONs, Relativity, etc., and get to know Nextpoint.

Pros:

Nextpoint's software is highly intuitive, and it's easy to use. I'm an attorney without an "IT" background, but acclimating to Nextpoint really was seamless. I most appreciate the simple way a non-tech person like myself can execute comprehensive, extensive document reviews, and effectively make document productions.

Cons:

There are certain tools/features Nextpoint should implement: - Nextpoint needs to roll out better sub-foldering options/features in the Review space (especially given batching limitations) to help simplify things from an organizational standpoint both on document reviews and throughout case workup. This *has* to happen. - Nextpoint should implement tracking features to allow lead counsel to measure a document review team's pace (necessary on large document reviews, and has been available on Relativity for some time). - It's difficult to tell how effective the de-duplication tool is really working. I've lately suspected this could use some re-vamping.

Brian
Director of E-Discovery & Forensics in US
Legal Services, 11–50 Employees

Nextpoint is great online and do-it-yourself E-Discovery software!

Comments: Benefit of the functionality and capability as a power user to independently and fully control and process your own data. From import, review, searching and native or image document production exports with an easy-to-use cloud-based platform.

Pros:

Best features are the self-import tools and field mapping; ability to organize your data into custom folders and custom export settings.

Cons:

Just a few. Difficult to see original client folder structure of how data except in a metadata field; need custom placeholder pages; cost and pricing option to host data on month-to-month basis or in an online storage state.

Amanda
Law Practice, 51–200 Employees

Best document review platform I have used!

Comments: Nextpoint is the perfect solution for small cases and large cases, it is easy to use and has tons of useful functionality that is continually improved upon.

Pros:

Nextpoint with fast, easy to use, and forgiving! They are always developing new features. My favorite part is that I have a great deal of control over my databases, but the vendor is there to answer questions or provide more support for those who want it. It is visually pleasing, works on all devices and has quickly become my go-to software.

Cons:

The application of redactions is cumbersome. It takes a lot of steps and the imaging per page makes it a slow process.

Kellie
Paralegal and eDiscovery Administrator in US
Law Practice, 51–200 Employees

Great eDiscovery tool for learning how to work in eDiscovery

Comments: We have worked with great people from all levels at Nextpoint. Very approachable and responsive.

Pros:

We don't have a lot of cases that require eDiscovery, but we've noted a definite uptick in the need. I'm only a couple months into using this product and am the administrator. I had very little experience with other platforms run by third-party vendors. What drew us to NextPoint was the ability to manage our matters on our own, which we didn't have when working with vendors. I like how easy it is to set up matters and to customize to each matter's needs. Support is great to work with. I like the Advanced search feature for my new users, it helps them learn how to build searches until they get used to working directly in the search bar. Categories are a nice feature for grouping like items. The new load mapping for load files is great!

Cons:

Articles in your support center need to be updated. There were many that reference the same types of information, but are different from what the features include now and can contradict information or lead a user to utilize the steps, only to find a process was updated. I've also run into help articles that link to more information and the links no longer work or direct to "page not found" even in some of your more recent articles.

Ashton

E-Discovery Platform

Pros:

Nextpoint is an easy to use e-discovery review platform. They make it easy to review thousands of documents with ease.

Cons:

The keyword search feature could be greatly improved on. Doesn't accurately find documents within the search parameters.

Mary
Associate in US

Nextpoint Review

Comments: On the whole, it's been quite positive. I particularly like that everyone from the firm can access it regardless of whether they're in the office. And the training was helpful at the outset.

Pros:

The "fuzzy" search function is invaluable. Also the ability to easily produce privilege logs has been very helpful.

Cons:

It can be a bit clunky in terms of managing many many folders of documents when using it to store documents and track discovery rather than just for productions.

Asher
Litigation Manager in US

A Smith Review

Pros:

Integrates easily into incumbent litigation hold software.

Cons:

Various searching, tagging, and document management functions are less accessible than equivalent functions in Relativity. The separation of functions into Review and Prep databases reduces rather than improves access.

Anna
Law Practice, 51–200 Employees

Best way to manage massive discovery databases

Pros:

Searching by coding and tags is great, but being able to search for text that actually appear in a document is priceless. I love the old-school Boolean search functions, it's so easy to use once you take the five minutes it takes to learn -- but can you please put in a Boolean cheat sheet somewhere easily accessible? I'm not crazy about the "advanced search."

Cons:

As with any "cloud" based software, it can be slow and lag at times. Also, when reviewing large databases, sometimes clicking return to search results does not actually return me to the page showing the last document I actually just clicked back from. Sometimes the search results move around after clicking return to search results. Both of these things are very frustrating.

Anthony
Senior Counsel in US

Nextpoint Review

Comments: Our experience has been great. Our account manager has been very helpful.

Pros:

The web/cloud based dynamic and lack of need for "seat-fees."

Cons:

The possible removal of our "deal" - with fixed monthly cost, plus storage.

5 years ago

Hi Anthony, Thanks very much for your review. While Nextpoint has moved to an "unlimited data" pricing model with zero charges for data processing and hosting we always allow legacy customers to stay with the pricing plan they are most comfortable with and that works best for their organization. The majority of our customers prefer the predictability and affordability of our low, per-user monthly pricing; which is why I wanted to make sure and outline it for you upon your renewal. But, we are always happy to accommodate long-standing clients (like your firm) with pricing that fits their needs. Thanks again for being a Nextpoint user and for your review. Sibrey McManus, Account Director

Yolanda

Y M Sandoval

Comments: I appreciate the ability to communicate directly with various members of the Nextpoint team. They also have Zoom chats with other end users to get feedback on their product.

Pros:

Ability to find documents and set up for document review. They are constantly improving the software and accept feedback from end users.

Cons:

Not able to rename files in the file room (document staging area) but that can be resolved with developing naming conventions when placing documents in staging area.

Natalie
Human Resources Compliance Officer in US

Nextpoint - Userability

Comments: We have been pleased overall with the product but do with there was more one on one training available at reasonable costs.

Pros:

The cost being based on users only and not the amount of data makes this program very beneficial so that we can assist smaller clients that may not have the money to support an e-discovery platform otherwise.

Cons:

It is not the easiest software to learn so anytime we add a user for a matter there are extensive amounts of hours that need to be dedicated to training and it makes attorneys not want to learn it.

5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, Natalie! We are constantly striving to make training and onboarding as smooth and accessible as possible. I do want to note, Nextpoint offers free weekly training which new users may find useful as they are first learning the basics. Sign-ups for the weekly training can be found in the New User Guide at support.nextpoint.com. Additionally, our Help Center is full of training and specific workflow videos which you may find helpful as you continue learning and training new users. If there is ever specific content or training materials you would like to see added to our Help Center, please feel free to send along to us at [email protected]. Thanks again! Annie

Rebecca
Law Practice, 11–50 Employees

Would like more ease in reviewing & coding documents

Pros:

I like that it seems that the process of adding documents to the databases is smooth.

Cons:

You should offer issue trees/outlines, rather than just issue lists -- that is, users should be able to create sub-issues under main issues, that can be expanded or condensed as needed. In addition, you should be able to add documents to folders without clicking through a dialogue box. In addition, you should allow users to type the abbreviation for an issue to pull up the issue while coding, rather than making the user always rely on mouse clicks and scrolling. It is faster and more efficient to be able to keep fingers on the keyboard while coding as much as possible. And it is best to be able to arrange for coding template to have all fields visible at once without the need for scrolling. This can't be done without the ability to condense some sub-issues. Finally, although the web interface can at times be a benefit, there should be a way to make it accessible offline at times, so that document review can be done without internet sometimes.

Major
Litigation Support / Senior Paralegal in US
Law Practice, 51–200 Employees

I hope never to enter a deposition designation exchange without NextPoint!

Comments: Nextpoint has helped make the exchange of deposition designations much simpler and produces an understandable and detailed tracking report.

Pros:

The software allows a user/administrator to adjust a broad range of settings.

Cons:

Results are returned in small lists of usually 10 at a time, which leaves a user clicking their mouse more than I'd like.

Blair
Associate Attorney in US
Law Practice, 51–200 Employees

Nextpoint is very helpful and amenable to feature requests

Comments: Streamlined doc review. Cloud-based so I can use it anywhere.

Pros:

Nextpoint review is an excellent doc review software, especially when you have a case with tens or hundreds of thousands of documents. The folks at Nextpoint are super amenable to feature requests and hearing from attorneys on what they can improve on; most importantly, they actually listen and make the features or improvements where they can.

Cons:

Nextpoint is in its (relative) infancy so there are a few kinks and features that can be improved on. But as mentioned in "Pros," they are great at listening to requests and comments about how to improve they software and quickly work to implement changes.

Jackie
Law Practice, 201–500 Employees

easy to use

Comments: It is very easy to use, and much better than the software it replaced for us.

Pros:

I like the facts that the software is easy to use, responds fast to queries, and cloud-based.

Cons:

Sometimes I get a lot of false-positive results that have nothing to do with my actual query.

Kylie
Legal Assistant in US
Legal Services, 51–200 Employees

BDP Review

Comments: It has made document review and sharing much easier and less time consuming.

Pros:

The software is fairly easy to use and I am usually able to solve any issues by searching the nextpoint help section.

Cons:

I am not a fan of the prep database. It can be difficult to use and does not have a lot of the same features as the review.

Jenifer
Documents Management Coordinator in US

Review for Nextpoint

Comments: I'm still learning.

Pros:

The ability to filter through documents and work from anywhere.

Cons:

The learning curve - there is so much to learn and most of the time you don't know you need to know something until right when you need it.

Shannon
Legal Assistant in US
Law Practice

Great way to learn the ropes as a paralegal

Comments: Nextpoint has saved me more time than I could have ever imagined spending on certain tasks. As a champion for my firm's clients, I try to save them time and money wherever possible, and Nextpoint is a great product to do just that.

Pros:

Ease of use, time-saving strategies, and efficient handling of documents.

Cons:

It could use a few minor updates here and there - I'd like to select one redaction style for an entire production. It would also be great to have more support with users who have Internet Explorer as that is my firm's preferred web browser.

7 years ago

Hi Shannon, thanks for the suggestions! Our development team is currently working on the Redaction styling issue you raised. Nextpoint is compatible with IE, but some features may not work as well on older versions of IE as they do on our recommended browsers. If you haven't done so already, we recommend upgrading to the latest version.

Sienna
Assistant in US
Consumer Goods, 51–200 Employees

Awesome Consolidation!

Comments: Way too many emails to go through in a case, needed an easy, accessible, software to sort through and dedupe a ton of emails

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use and go through documents

Cons:

I would like to be able to multi add or remove folders as well as shift select documents

Allison
Law Practice, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Generally Positive Experience

Comments: My overall experience has been better than my experience with other e-Discovery platforms. However, Nextpoint support is hit or miss. While I believe the team gives maximum effort, we have run into a few issues with their ability to process our requests as directed, and within a short turnaround time if needed. Given the company is relatively small and new, I have no doubt these issues will resolve when Nextpoint is able to increase its number of personnel.

Pros:

The software is more user friendly than other comparable e-Discovery platforms.

Cons:

Nextpoint misses on a few features that would make the user experience more efficient. E.g. - real time coding creation and ability to redact/highlight while in review window.

Matt
Law Practice, 501–1,000 Employees

Great Product for Organization and Review in Litigation Support

Comments: Nextpoint is a great product. It has saved valuable time in high stakes and large scale litigation. I would recommend it to anyone for litigation support.

Pros:

Nextpoint is very user-friendly. When reviewing, categorizing and producing thousands of documents in various legal matters, it has proven to be an invaluable litigation support tool. The search ability and organizational tools it uses are very helpful.

Cons:

There is nothing that sticks out as a complaint about Nextpoint. I have used it on numerous occasions without issue and have definitely appreciated its ease of use more than prior large document systems I've used before.

Partner in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Tremendous asset in document management for litigation.

Comments: Allows me to be more efficient as a litigator.

Pros:

The best part is the ability to search for terms. It allows me to easily and quickly find and utilize relevant documents out of a massive production.

Cons:

At times it can be a bit unwieldy and you really need to practice and build a knack in setting up folders.