15 years helping Irish businesses

About Vtiger CRM

Used in agile sales teams to increase sales productivity, clear bottlenecks in processes, and ultimately hit revenue targets.

Learn more about Vtiger CRM

Pros:

The Customer Service Team when we have questions or require troubleshooting is extremely prompt and helpful.

Cons:

If you are not precise with loading the leads it can be difficult to load new leads. The duplicate feature does not work too well as it’s case sensitive and I would get many duplicated leads.

Vtiger CRM ratings

4.1
4.2
4.2
4.5

8.3/10

Vtiger CRM has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 338 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Vtiger CRM before?

Paulo
Paulo
Gerente Comercial (Ingeniero de Ventas en Telecomunicaciones) in Bolivia
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use and customizable

Comments: I have all the clients info in vtiger but the more important info that I save are quotes and invoices, when I want to plan some strategy I just have to prepare some reports form the tool so I know how was the interaction with a specific client the last quarter.

Pros:

Its really easy to use and there are many options to customize the user experience

Cons:

As a CRM I would like more tools to show some specific info to my clients but in this field they are very limited

Carlos
VP of Sales in US

Vtiger CRM vs Competition

Comments: overall, it's been great! The biggest bang for the buck for sure. It's still expensive but you get what you pay for and I highly recommend it.

Pros:

The best thing I liked about this software was the ability to do sales, marketing and support all in one program. Our sales team is able to track opportunities and view sales funnel reports. The marketing team is able to email and tag the contacts to specific target audiences. The support team is able to use a ticket system in order to keep all projects and assistance notes in one place.

Cons:

There are certain areas where you have to click here and there just to reroute you back to where you were. Like going from an opportunity to quotes and if you want to add notes, you have to go back to the opportunity and them go to your comments. Also the enterprise search tab doesn't always find everything you're looking for so you have to specifically go to contacts or organizations to find them.

Nathan
Director in UK
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Versatile and scalable

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Hugely positive and I prefer this CRM to others I have used which tend to be a lot more expensive the Vtiger.

Pros:

The ability to customise the CRM to your business requirements.

Cons:

Connecting modules together can be tricky for beginners.

Thomas
CEO in Germany
Industrial Automation, 11–50 Employees

QTE Training likes VTiger

Comments: See section pros

Pros:

one of the most reasons was the accessibility of the data from wheresoever, that'S absolutely given. Another one is the Independence from Software-Systems. We are using MS and also Apple-Systems, no Problem. Helpful is also the VT 360 App. whereever you are, and you spare time, just check for a customer or also call via mobile. the inside Team will see your activities immediately. Information that Counts.

Cons:

The Adoption of the System towards some specific needs is somewhat poore. no custom Buttons available, the print-templates Editor is poor on formating and sometimes you also Need a work around for list variables to be shown. It should have a customize package as from VT-Experts provided for teh serverbased solution (https://www.vtexperts.com/)

Marketing Manager in Australia
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Salesforce Killer

Comments: I can confidently say implementation of this software has significantly increased the sales and marketing efficiencies of the business in which i have implemented this software.

Pros:

This is an enterprise level ERP package that offers practically every feature of Salesforce, and structured to allow for SME type admins to build this via custom modules and flexible dev environments. It is a highly practical package that allows non-qualified programmers to get the equivalent bespoke style functionality out of the system/

Cons:

Project mangement is clunky. I cant drag/drop task bars in the gantt chart. the reality is i need to use smartsheet to get the flexibility i need here, together with the highly useful linking between the subtasks - i.e. STart to start lines the task bars from the start. End-to-Start is the typical 'cant start task 2 until task 1 is finished', plus the multiple day delays and advancement options with these relationships

Alex
CFO in US
Building Materials, 11–50 Employees

Flexible and complete package

Comments: We initialy came to vTiger as a cheaper alternative to Salesforce. We found not only a valid and much more easily customizable CRM but we have developed the modules to handle internal Cases, as a Project Management tool, as a simple DB to keep track of products, as a Quote & shipping

Pros:

Can be customized without being a programmer. It is flexible enough to do many things well enough for a small company that does not need very specialist applications. It is intuitive enough for my users to take up without pushback

Cons:

I would love better integration with Google Sheets. Poor (non existent) formatting of reports. No community forums or "vote for function"

Aman Preet
Aman Preet
Developer in India
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Pros and cons of Vtiger CRM

Comments: Overall experience with Vtiger CRM is good as it is fulfilling our current requirements of managing contacts and other CRM supported activities just if the customer support service happens to be to better than it would have been perfect CRM.

Pros:

Vtiger CRM's contact management feature is very much helpful and most used feature of this CRM as maintaining multiple contacts across the globe is very much hectic thing to operate and Vtiger CRM does it quite efficiently.Along with that the alert/notification feature of the same is something that we can rely on for smooth processing of task.

Cons:

Customer support service of Vtiger CRM is not upto the mark there have been time where our issues was not resolved in a systematic manner as it took time way more as we expected.

Andrew
Andrew
Managing Director in UK

One of the better Open Source CRM platforms

Comments: We moved from Suite CRM (another Sugar based CRM) to Vtiger based on one of the sales people we'd employed at the time. The interface was slightly better but otherwise there was not a huge difference with it. However, we did find that some of the administration was a little clunky and the process of upgrading between versions was not trivial and often resulted in issues resulting in long outages while we figured out the cause. Ultimately, we migrated away from it in favour of Insightly which is a lot more forgiving of less technically able users.

Pros:

The interface is familiar to those who have used Sugar-based CRM platforms before and is probably one of the better ones of them.

Cons:

The process of upgrading between versions is clumsy and error prone. The UI is not particularly friendly for less technically able members of the team.

Convenient as SaaS, but not designed as SaaS

Comments: My overall experience is acceptable. It works, the sales force uses it, and it has the important information. But it is not a satisfactory experience for the reasons explained above.

Pros:

The product works, it has everything a CRM needs to have. The basic features are all there, and many advanced ones as well. It is quite comfortable to use once you learn how to use it. It is 100% Cloud, so the sales force has it available from wherever they are.

Cons:

It looks like software designed to be a desktop application (win32), rather than software as a service. That is, the user interface (UI) design, as well as the user experience (UX) is not good. It's not very user friendly, it's not fast, the graphic design is not sexy. In short, it looks like a product that is not intended to be 100% SaaS, but to run on the Windows desktop.

Hanane
Freelance in Morocco
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

The great app

Comments: A very wonderful experience and still like you

Pros:

For ease of use .It offers a range of features for smaller companies

Cons:

A very good application in which there are no downsides

Tim
Pm in Kenya
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

An affordable yet capable CRM for businesses of all kinds

Comments: I beleive vtiger was the reason we were really able to be comfortable in sales automation,

Pros:

When starting out, Vtiger pretty much covered all the sales automation needs we had using the existing modules and very little custom work was required which is what you need as you get to know a piece of software.

Cons:

The deployment process had quirks and had to redo it a couple of times, not difficult, just has to be done a certain way.

Too many feature gaps

Comments: I mostly work with Vtiger as an admin and sales support. Most times, when I have a project or idea to improve our processes, Vtiger lacks the functionality for me to follow through without the need to utilize some outside tool or service. Many times I've wanted to add a feature, establish a process, or some other task to improve our sales/marketing methods, but I find that I cannot do so in Vtiger - it isn't a lack of my knowledge of the product, because several times, after consulting the documentation, I've contacted Vtiger support and was told that the task cannot be done.

Pros:

It has a lot of customization features. Support answers promptly.

Cons:

Features that I think should be standard are missing or inadequate. For example, there are almost no connectors to other software - from Vtiger or from other vendors/services; We use Constant Contact for email campaigns (Vtiger's email module is convoluted and unreliable), and there is no connector for it, so I have to manually import/export new or changed contacts to keep both databases current. And the import process is touchy - Vtiger often creates duplicate records. Getting from one screen/module to another is annoying - it takes too many steps, something a simple menu bar would solve. I could go on with the quirks, limitations, and missing features, but I think this sums it up: Vtiger feels like it started out as a simple app and has had features and modules dropped into it, not really incorporated to make the tools a seamless experience.

PAOLO
Software development in Italy
Industrial Automation, 51–200 Employees

Easy, Customizable, Always present to help you

Comments: The possibility of using a smartphone app has solved several problems especially when you are out of the office

Pros:

We have been using VTiger for over a year, with the passage of time it has become a very useful tool as well as easy to use already in the first use. We appreciate the possibility of modifying and creating new modules to support those present to strengthen the traceability of information to the sales department that would not have only management software. The sales department is able to keep its customer portfolio active with simplicity and to propose new solutions or opportunities during the bidding process by using the possibility of sending offers directly from VTiger.

Cons:

Some missing features in the marketing module like the ability to manage multiple mailing lists in a single Marketing list

Cristian
Service Desk Analyst in Mexico
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Fast, efficient and easy to use

Comments: I am glad to have found this online software. Our efficiency has increased; we do more work in less time. It helps us make better decisions with the reports. It is accessible from anywhere as long as we have access to the internet, it doesn't require any installations and can be accessed from a PC, tablet, smartphone or laptop. in conclusion, I can happily recommend it.

Pros:

Never have I been more efficient when doing tedious tasks, Vtiger surely helps me accomplish this work by allowing me to create detailed daily or weekly report templates. These parameters can be modified at any time to satisfy future needs. It helps us stay under established SLAs with its management tickets interface and notifications. The management console or interface it is very easy to understand, detailed information about any new case is displayed to conveniently. Any other necessary information can be located in different tabs of the menu.

Cons:

Overall, this CRM software has delivered all of the required needs I have for my organization, however, just like any other software out there you will always stumble across a learning curve. If Vtiger documentation was easier to locate and have it always in a link inside the interface management console to reach to, I would not ask any more from this CRM software.

Robert
Founder & CEO in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

VTiger is awesome.

Comments: We are using VTiger of course for helping customers with support cases; however, where VTiger *really* shines is in the sales department for our business development department. Making easy appointment links for individuals and groups, flexible email and SMS campaigns, live chat support, etc. for a low price per user...VTiger is pretty excellent. We first chose VTiger because it was based off the open source Sugar CRM and we love having the option to move off VTiger to our own hosted solution when the corporation requires this. Overall, we are all extremely happy with the 5+ year relationship we've had with VTiger.

Pros:

For the price, it is definitely the best CRM around.

Cons:

Even though the team fixes bugs quickly and responds to support requests quickly, their software updates noticeably break other features as they continually improve the website. This can be a bit annoying at times. Other than that, the uptime is excellent and our whole organization uses VTiger as much as possible.

Jonathon
Marketing manager in Canada
Security & Investigations, 11–50 Employees

Fantastic Software

Comments: Using Vtiger 6.5 Opensource to revamp our entire CRM ticketing system. The software is super easy to use with a few added (paid) extensions the customization is very easy and can be modified nicely for anything you want. More advanced features are available at a cost but are great. Few features i would like to see added in the future to create a more robust all in one software but overall would recommend it for anyone in need of a simple to semi complex crm. Not the prettiest UI but functions great. Seems to have a pretty active community of developers as well as a supportive community to troubleshoot any issues. Not all crm's have an out of the box inventory tracking built in. this was the big seller for me. again some more out of the box features could be added to this for a more robust solution. Overall after testing a few crm's, vtiger had its limitations but its simple to use, easily customized, lots of available extensions, and inventory tracking is what won me over.

Pros:

Easy to use and to customize Big community of developers and support community Continued development and updating with new features A lot of out of the box features on demand and open source available Inventory tracking

Cons:

Open source needs a paid extension to sync with Accounting software Needs a few features to be a more all in one solution (not including accounting)

Zandre
Tier 2 Network Support Engineer in South Africa
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Continued: VTiger

Comments: This is a follow up review on the very first Capterra review I did. VTiger is the foundation of my workflow; my Network Operations Center runs tracking and case management entirely off the VTiger platform. Overall experience is great, I have fully accustomed myself to the software and do not have any problems with it.

Pros:

Case/ticket tracking and administration on VTiger is extremely useful. VTiger has a fantastic reporting system with a wide variety of charts that can be used to display statistics. Case referencing is near flawless when combined with email responses/notifications.

Cons:

Only down part to VTiger is that it has to do some system/cloud backup on a daily basis wherein the system completely locks up and you are unable to do anything. The site becomes unreachable for about 20 minutes and restores thereafter.

Jonathan
Director in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Positive development over the years

Comments: Since migrating from the local to the cloud version, we have added features that we use, we like the internal integrations between the elements and the ease of producing meaningful reports.

Pros:

The vendor is really good at developing the platform and bringing those changes to our awareness. This has been in the creative approach to sales and the adaptations around the new GDPR regulations.

Cons:

There is an integration that would be really useful but it hasn't been written yet with Quickbooks for UK Tax office program, 'Making Tax Digital'. It would be really useful to have the integration written, however this is above and beyond the rest of the application suite, we use if for sales and account management along with project and support services.

Christian
CEO in US

Fantastic Service and Support

Pros:

vtiger has been great for us because it is more comprehensive than many CRM solutions we have tried or used in the past, allowing us to handle sales, support, billing, and ongoing customer interactions. We have also found it to be very flexible and customizable, eliminating some of the other software services we have used outside the CRM, like project management software. However, the very best thing we have found about vtiger is that they pay close attention to our requests for support and our feedback for product improvement.

Cons:

Business reporting is somewhat limited for our needs. Third party solutions exist, but don't work with the cloud hosted version, which we use.

Salvatore
Ref. Risk Management in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

The most affordable CRM

Pros:

It allows you to activate the various business flows easily and in a modular way

Cons:

The use of the PHP language can sometimes create problems in case of security developments

Luca
Commercial adviser in Italy
Construction, 51–200 Employees

easy to use, complete, free

Comments: I use it for a few years and I can say that it is a complete, easy to use. The free download version already has modules for the standard usage. With the support of companies that develop solutions on vtiger it is possible to adapt the product to their professional needs of all levels. I enjoyed the opportunity to create lead generation modules interacting with social media (facebook, twitter, google +, etc), that guarantee to increase your business opportunities. With the setting of the policy correct workflow is guaranteed and serves the objectives to be achieved. Installing it in the cloud, you can access the data at any time, increasing efficiency and decreasing the time

Pros:

Easy to use, free, adaptable to any need, lead generation, use in cloud

Cons:

For professional use, you must rely on companies able to develop solutions vtiger

luis
CEO in Spain
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2–10 Employees

A COMPLETE ERP SYSTEM FOR US NOT ONLY A CRM

Comments: We are using vtiger to support most of our business process, from sales, to supoort contract services and G&A processes rrelated to expenses and Managing HR issues

Pros:

Vtiger is a easy to use system, for customizing and for end users. The functionality provided allows us to support our sales cycle and other business process (support services, revenues and expense invoices and other G&A processes. It is very complete and the process proposed is suteble for us requiring very few customization for sales and other process. Follow&tracks functionality is very complete and useful.

Cons:

We hope other modeules related to procurement and inventory mangemement will be deployed soon. Asset module is simmple bt it is ebough for carried an inventory of asest but accounting issues related to assets has to be more developed.

Cindy
Operations Support in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Versatile CRM!

Pros:

vTiger has a slight learning curve, but once you get into it, you will see that it was created by people who know the ins and outs of what it takes to run and manage a business. This CRM software is full of features that make record-keeping, customer relations, and everything that you need to keep running efficiently; easier. We were one of the first users; and since the early days, they've consistently made upgrades and updates to follow the times. That gives us confidence in sticking with them for the long haul.

Cons:

We have no complaints overall. Keep up the good work!

Kathy
President in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Comprehensive CRM at an Excellent Price

Comments: I keep all my customer data in Vtiger. I love having one place to update customer data. I used Constant Contact for a few years but eventually migrated my newsletter into Vtiger. Vtiger provides a wide range of capabilities so that I'm confident it will provide what I need as my company grows.

Pros:

It's easy to use and an extremely value. I like the ability to be able to insert records from my website.

Cons:

Sometimes it is hard to figure out how to do something. There are a lot of possible configurations (like the drop down list values for certain fields) and sometimes it takes me a bit to remember where to make changes.

Human Resources, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use!

Comments: I use Vtiger mainly for recruiting (others in my company use it for sales.) It's easy to enter customers (candidates) and track them based on company name or location. I've had a very positive experience with Vtiger overall and would recommend it. However, if you are looking for something highly analytical, it might not be the best option.

Pros:

Vtiger is very straight forward and easy to use. You can chose which features and categories you use the most and prioritize them on your screen based on your needs.

Cons:

The reports features could use some work. I've worked with other software systems where it was easier to get a big-picture view of what your database consists of. You can build out different reports based on what you're looking for, but the analytics could be better.