15 years helping Irish businesses

About BambooHR

BambooHR is an award-winning HR platform that brings all your employee information together in one place.

Learn more about BambooHR

Pros:

I liked most the impact it has on communication in my team, priceless.

Cons:

I think notifications is the missing feature notifications of new Hires. Notifications before Time off.

BambooHR ratings

4.6
4.5
4.4
4.5

8.7/10

BambooHR has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 2,735 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used BambooHR before?

Filter reviews (2,734)

Shelly
Shelly
Talent Acquisition Specialist in US
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Grow with Bamboo

5.0 last month New

Comments: Having Bamboo organizes all of our candidates from application process, all the way to on boarding. The time it saves the company is priceless.

Pros:

The ease of use has made on-boarding a quicker process that everyone can utilize and stay well informed about each candidate.

Cons:

Use of the service on a mobile form has its limitations.

Andrew
Andrew
Chief Operating Officer in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Great HR Software for Small Businesses

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, this is a great HR application for small businesses. There are a lot of very useful out-of-box features available, and the pricing model doesn't change if you are under a certain number of users so there is room for growth without continuously increasing your costs. Compared to other HR applications we researched, this was the most user-friendly for the best price. If you are looking to automate some of your HR work, I highly recommend implementing BambooHR. It has greatly improved the organization of our HR processes.

Pros:

BambooHR is an easy to use and very comprehensive HR software that offers a lot of valuable and high-use out-of-box features. Our initial primary uses of the software were aggregation and consolidation of personnel information, PTO tracking, and general communication of company announcements to the team. As we got further into the product offerings, we also began to heavily utilize the onboarding, offboarding, and recruiting features, all of which were previously done using very manual processes. BambooHR allowed us to discontinue using spreadsheets and other manual forms for very common and basic HR functions, while housing them under one roof. It also provided our employees with a easier way to contribute to their own personnel profiles, and while as request and track PTO.

Cons:

To properly utilize BambooHR according to your companies specific HR processes, there is a lot of individual and time-intensive setup involved. The platform is fairly customizable, but only if you are willing to invest significant time into configuring the features. While we expected a significant time investment into setting up the application, we were disappointed to learn that we would not have a dedicated account manager to help us with the setup process. We had to learn everything about the platform on our own through the BambooHR help portal, or by calling the customer service number and waiting for a representative to be available. We also experience a price increase only a few month after signing up for the service. We were also disappointed to learn that the integrations with Google and Slack are very limited, and while some information can be passed between the systems, we needed to customize some of the API calls in order to share more useful information with the team. There are definitely some limitations to their integrations.

Po Cheng
Manager in Canada

BambooHR Review

3.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy to see who’s in and out of office for the day. Easy to apply for days off.

Cons:

If I am out of office, my manager cannot approve sick leave for my direct reports for me. I also cannot hide certain information if I want my team leads to have their own direct reports.

System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

BambooHR is a comprehensive and easy-to-use HR software

Comments: In terms of HR functions, BambooHR handles everything. Our human resources department and management can benefit much from this system. BambooHR serves many uses for many divisions. Every day, the human resources team uses BambooHR because it is quick, simple, and easy to use.

Pros:

This HR management system is both feature-rich and user-friendly. The user interface is made user- and administrator-friendly. The site is user-friendly, and my staff appreciates how straightforward the features are.

Cons:

One of BambooHR's less enticing characteristics, in my opinion, is its pricing structure. We are a very young company, thus cost-effectiveness is of paramount importance. Unfortunately, it appears that BambooHR's rates are out of reach for startups like ours.

Vicki Lynn Jackson
Operations and HR Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

BambooHR +++ For the HR person that wants to have it all in ONE PLACE

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Awesome, from the booth in SHRM Las Vegas, the reps that explain and demo the platform, the onboarding people - [sensitive content hidden] was a GODDESS... You cannot go wrong with this group. I have had a fantastic experience and it's not done yet. They are constantly improving, and I am here for it!

Pros:

Ease of use, that everything you do in HR is in ONE Platform, You can pick and choose what you want to pay for and use BUT I DID purchase it all and it's so inexpensive!!

Cons:

Two things only: Templates for documents are not provided. and More Hiring platforms are not included/or partnered with BambooHR yet.

Anna
Director of Business Operations and HR in
Primary/Secondary Education, 51–200 Employees

Game Changer

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: BambooHR has been a game changer for us. We have seen an increase in applicants and we save time on a daily basis through the use of the product.

Pros:

BambooHR made our application process smooth for both administrative users and applicants. We are able to track someone from first application to hiring and then easily transfer over to the onboarding process.

Cons:

Our only negative was that it did not integrate well with our payroll system that we were already utilizing, but even then I think we could work around this if we had the skillset to develop.

Valerie
Mail room in US
Banking, 51–200 Employees

Bamboo HR appreciated by employees and management

5.0 last month New

Comments: Really like using it. Simple, efficient and accurate!! Also - helps the employee have the access at their fingertips whenever they want to review. No need to call HR or wait til the office is open.

Pros:

The flexibility it gives the employee to login wherever their job may take them, You don't need to go to a physical building to "clock-in" or out. Everyone has their phone.... so you can use it anywhere.

Cons:

For those that "forget" to clock in, HR can edit but sometimes I want to set a reminder to check ....time for if I should clock out. Part time help that never used to punch a clock does not always remember to clock in or out..... but again, they can have management manually add it.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51–200 Employees

BambooHR the Tool for HR managment

5.0 6 days ago New

Comments: I have used Bamboo in the last 2 companies where I have worked and my experience is satisfactory. It facilitates HR management and is a very intuitive tool.

Pros:

the possibility to set up the app according to your company size

Cons:

Probably a configuration problem, but the session logs out very fast

Business Operations Manager in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Bamboo makes my job easier

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It have been a great experience and we are very happy that we made the change.

Pros:

The ease of use is so amazing and the time it saves me allows me to focus on other projects. The customer service rocks!

Cons:

Sometimes email support takes a long time for a response. Chat is much quicker.

Robert A.
Robert A.
Customer Service Specialist in US
Commercial Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

BambooHR Works Well

5.0 last month New

Comments: The switch to BambooHR was made prior to me coming here but we have had great experience with it since I have been here.

Pros:

We use this service everyday for timekeeping and accurate payments. It works well, the interface is clean and clear and it does everything we need it to.

Cons:

The app is very helpful, especially in situations where a computer is not accessible BUT sometimes it does glitch and freeze.

Keith
Keith
Recruitment Supervisor in US
Food Production, 201–500 Employees

Too simple for it's own good

Comments: We currently use BambooHR as an HRIS, and previously used it as an ATS. The employee database software is user friendly, but offers no customization. We inevitably switched our ATS to a different software because of these same concerns.

Pros:

It's very user friendly. You don't need to be very tech savvy to use the various features available in BambooHR.

Cons:

There is no customization available. If a feature is not available, there is no customization available to help tailor this program to your companies needs.

Tracie
Finance & HR Coordinator in US
Libraries, 51–200 Employees

This brought us into the modern world

Comments: This has been a game changing addition to our department and I don't know what I would do without it. The customer service is better than any other vendor I have EVER worked with.

Pros:

We are a small HR team and tracked everything on spreadsheets. This took an exorbitant amount of staff time to keep updated. I love the time tracking, our mother organization deducts leave one month after it is taken and so no one ever really knew how much leave they had. The electronic signature feature has been a game changing time saver. Supervisors being able to view employee documents at any time without having to come to our main location to pull the heavy paper file has been fantastic. And I always have current data at my fingertips including historical items that we used to have to go wade through old memos to reconstruct.

Cons:

There's not much to not love. I wish there were a few more features on the application part. I wish I could have files stored that employees could fill out and forward to us without having to ask us to send them a signature request.

Jenna
Executive Administrator in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Bamboo for Childcare Business

Comments: We have noticed such a huge difference in our management of HR since implementing this system. There are tons of things that we are doing now that we would have never thought possible before using Bamboo.

Pros:

Our business truly benefits from being able to track due dates for trainings and documents. Because we are education, there are a ton of clearances, health forms, and professional development that must be completed. Keeping this all up to date has been done in the past on spreadsheets and not available to everyone to see. Now we can access this as admins and be able to verify things are being done when they are needed. We have also really enjoyed the integration of time tracking, to timesheets, to payroll. It has made our managers lives easier and saved a ton of time for them. it has also made everything seemless for me to run payroll and process benefits without thinking about it too much or taking multiple days to get it done.

Cons:

I feel like we would really benefit from a follow up training or someone to talk to. Kind of like implementation where someone would just check in to see if you could be using things better or differently to be more effective. We do reach out to support a ton and they are great!!

Anna
CFO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Amazing Customer Service, Always Looking to Improve

Comments: Overall we have really benefitted from Bamboo. I think the next big thing for Bamboo would be to offer a scheduling tool within the software. They partner with another company in this as an alternative, but I believe Bamboo could utilize their amazing innovation and forwarding thinking capabilities to create a great scheduling tool.

Pros:

We love the customer service Bamboo provides. 90% of the time I have someone helping me within 2 minutes. And they always know the answer. If what I am wanting to do is not an option, they push it up the line and a group reviews these requests constantly. Bamboo is always looking to improve their product, which I appreciate and I want to be a part of a company that is always looking forward to the future's possibilities.

Cons:

Our main issue is with payroll. We would love to utilize it, but you can only have one tax ID. We have multiple tax IDs for multiple locations and employees cross over between them constantly. The work around was for us to have multiple Bamboo accounts to accommodate for the multiple tax IDs. But this is not cost efficient for us.

Bethany
HR Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

BambooHR makes my work life so much easier!!

Comments: Overall, very happy with BambooHR’s performance!! I recommend it to anyone who I know could benefit from it. Streamlines so many aspects of my day to day - hiring, onboarding, time clock, employee performance management, payroll, employee pulse surveys, .. the list goes on!

Pros:

Easy time-trackingPhone app makes it easy for coworkers to check time card Company-wide announcements (alert on phone if you have the app) Personnel documents all stored in one placeCan push out new procedures that require a signature after the coworker reviewsStreamlines the onboarding process Hiring platform is convenient and you can build templates for scheduling phone screenings and interviews You can process payroll right in BambooHRAttendance notes – we set it so that coworkers can see them, but you can keep them hiddenNotes – we set it so managers and admin can see those notes, but not the coworker. Good for documenting verbal warnings

Cons:

If you have a custom general ledger or another payroll report, they will build it for you, but it takes awhile to get it all sorted out We don’t pay the extra fee for benefits administration through BambooHR since we already use Employee Navigator through our benefits management group. (I have to manually select the benefits the coworkers choose to update their payroll deductions)

Lillian
Lillian
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

The ATS has been a huge help in the recruitment process

Comments: When it comes to personnel data, Bamboo handles everything. The HR department and upper management benefit greatly from this system's increased efficiency. The convenience of having everything in one place, rather than scattered everywhere.

Pros:

The HR software is all-encompassing and user-friendly. Administrators and end users alike will appreciate the streamlined UI and pleasant UX they provide. My team has found the platform to be very user-friendly and productive.

Cons:

It irritates me because any time I make an update to anything, it needs to be approved first, but I don't think this is something that happens everywhere; rather, I think it's more of a company permissions issue.

Blaise
Controller in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Practical and effective HR tool!

Comments: We've had a great experience with BambooHR. Going into it we knew very little about the software and had just heard great things. Now that we've been on it for a few years I can say that the software has grown along with our business. It seems like BambooHR really takes the customers needs and requests to heart and tries to make the software fit each customers needs. We look forward to the new feature releases and just being able to use the software as it is for years to come!

Pros:

My favorite thing about BambooHR, in general, is that they are always trying new things and releasing new features. They just released a sync feature that syncs with TRAX Payroll software and cuts out the time needed to reconcile the 2 systems. The software is very user-friendly and you are able to find a help article about nearly anything you could ever want to know. One of my favorite features is the e-signing you can set up for HR documents. Our on-boarding goes a lot smoother not having to print out each form and fill out by hand. The Hiring module also works great. In that module, I love the ability to rate each individual candidate and keep internal notes about them. I really appreciate the ability to track conversations had with that candidate within the module so I don't have to hunt down the communication in my inbox each time.

Cons:

I've only been able to find one single thing that I would change about the software and that is that I would make it possible for one person to be a manager for operations purposes and another person manager for compensation purposes. I've ran into the problem where the operations person doesn't need to see the compensation of their co-worker, but another person at a VP level should be able to request and approve compensation, essentially skipping over the Operations Manager for compensation purposes. I haven't yet found a way around it, so we just eliminated the Operations Manager from the profile and have the VP listed as manager, but this doesn't change my opinion that I would recommend this to anyone!

Claire
Senior HRIS Analyst in Canada
Biotechnology, 201–500 Employees

Great HRIS for medium-size businesses, easy to implement, configure, maintain (and it's cute)

Comments: I love the look and feel, the easiness of use, the availability of the support team, the easiness to create and delete custom fields, the support documentation which is easy to navigate and includes a lot of how-to videos. They really allow their customers to become autonomous and even proficient with their tool.

Pros:

Very structured and helpful implementation, and very responsive support. Love the ability to request custom fields to be created, including calculations. Great standard, out-of-the-box reports, like Additions & terminations over a period of time, Headcount as of a certain date, Employee Turnover (that one was a lifesaver when it was realeased, much better than what we were doing internally so far!), Change History over a period of time for job-related changes. I also love the fact that they are intentional in their product development: even though they request and collect product feedback, they want their product to remain coherent, i.e. they know what makes sense for them to propose as features vs. not (and recommend one of their specialized integrated partners if not), so that their tool always remains simple, legible, etc. And I like their Panda mascot and in-navigation messages, down to humanizing error messages.

Cons:

It will be pretty minor details, part of which will simply have to do with their client size positioning. As we were growing, I encountered director-level newcomers in our HR department who were used to the more prominent HRIS players, and to the ability to set up more complex workflows than BambooHR allows (example: self-service on employment letters, sending change notifications to other people than change approvers, allowing back-up assignees for tasks, etc). One feature that I feel might need adjusting (but again, that's detail) is their "Who's Out" calendar, which is synced with their time-off feature: regardless of whether the person has booked 1 hour off or the full day off, it will look like the person is away for the whole day, which looks confusing. Then two things come to mind on the analytics side, but again, they are minor and for more advanced users: I would love the ability to report on changes for personal details (beyond the audit trail report) and on custom fields. Then, custom calculation fields (which are already a great thing to have!!) are limited to the employment profile itself, i.e. you cannot return data fields from other employees' profiles, for example, who the manager of their manager is, etc.

Lisa
VP, People & Culture in Canada

Capterra Review of BambooHR

Comments: Bamboo has continuously communicated their software updates very effectively. I am very appreciative of this. Overall my experience has been very positive, from implementation onwards. I have been using the software for 6 years now. I wish the company would hold another in person user conference, rather than virtual however. Of the one that I attended, there is much to be said about in person interaction. It was by far one of the best user conferences I have ever attended. It was very disappointing to go virtual ( pre pandemic.)

Pros:

The product is easy to implement , out of the box. The product is best for small to mid size companies, but especially if you have minimal processes to manage. The add on features of Performance and eNPS are simple to use and very effective. You can find workarounds for unique processes.

Cons:

As a company continues to scale and grow, the incremental processes added become more difficult to manage with the system. A simple example is onboarding. Onboarding is only geared to true new hires. If you have an employee who is transferred to a new division within the organization and needs to be assigned new tasks that are well documented, the software does not have the ability to manage transfers. The ability to format a document for e-signature would be incredibly helpful. A little more flexibility in problem solving rather than simply suggesting to put suggestions on a future product launch list.

Kylie
HR Generalist and Chief Returning Officer in Canada
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Loving BambooHR

Comments: With the use of BambooHR, we're reducing paper-based documents and uploading it only. This is good because it can be accessed at any time and it is easier to keep track of documents rather than filing them. I am also able to run reports and customize it based on the information that I am looking for.

Pros:

BambooHR is very user-friendly. It has a clean layout and can be customized based on the needs of the organization. The overall site is easy to navigate and has the tabs that I need to manage employee data. I like that the HRIS acts as an internal intranet site for employees.

Cons:

Training tab - employees are not able to upload their own certificates. For example, if there are 6 mandatory training modules and I have 6 new hires, I would need to upload 36 files into their training tab. It's tedious and time consuming for the admin.Templates - while this is a smart feature, I think it should be broken down into two. One is for an actual template that applies to all staff (primarily forms). For contracts that require signature, it is not necessary to upload the contract as a template (since it's only used once) and request for the signature. With this, we usually use an external party to get the signatures from both parties and upload it into documents. It would be nice if this can be integrated in BambooHR so everything is in one place. Also, if the "contract" specified to an individual becomes a template, there is a risk of uploading/ sharing it by error to another employee.Cost - I wish there was an option for non-profit to save money on the software especially we're a smaller company. The cost increased a lot from July and it is also in USD which impacts the overall fee since we're a Canadian organization.

mohamed
manaager in Netherlands
Food Production, 51–200 Employees

BambooHR review.

Comments: I have enjoyed more than other employment programs used and makes you a human resource manager. What I mean is, create records or temporary employees

Pros:

It allows employees to update their personal information, request time off, view their pay It allows companies to track job applicants, schedule interviews, and manage the hiring process. Streamlines the process of onboarding new employees with the company, including paperwork and compliance..Allows employees to log their work time, and allows managers to approve and track leave requests.Helps managers track and evaluate employee performance, set goals, and provide feedback.It allows companies to store and manage employee-related documents such as contracts, resumes, and performance appraisalsProvides access to data and insights about employee information, such as headcount, employee turnover, and demographics.

Cons:

Cost: BambooHR can be relatively expensive compared to other HR software options on the market.Limited integrations: BambooHR may not integrate with all of the other tools and systems that a company is already using.User interface: Some users may find the BambooHR user interface to be less intuitive or harder to navigate than other HR software.Limited Reporting: Some users may find the reporting capabilities of BambooHR to be limited.Limited customization: BambooHR may not offer as much customization as other HR software options.Limited Self-Service: Some users may find the self-service capabilities of BambooHR to be limited.Limited Support: Some users may find the support provided by BambooHR to be limited.Human resources staff complain of the Athea Salary Management within the company Some staff have been difficult to sign part of the documents

Jeff
Jeff
Finance Manager in US
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

BambooHR is one of the best human resources software on the market.

Comments: We required one entrance for all representative information, with great get to level administration, this would permit us to provide supervisors more straightforwardness and responsibility. In expansion, we required a contracting and onboarding framework that would permit us to streamline our contracting handle over all of our districts. Generally, our workers and supervisors are exceptionally cheerful with BambooHR because it gives them data on time off, resources, benefits, stipend history, and execution audits (once we effectively dispatch it). At the corporate level, we have one put to induce reports and survey information almost our workforce when essential. Everything is in one put, simple to explore, all at your fingertips (either app or desktop version), corporate office can thrust bulk overhauls that you just can log in to see and check back on the off chance that ever needs. Ready to keep track of all worker data and marked archives, oversee finance with ease, and deliver representatives get to to their information as well as important company data.

Pros:

It's completely utilitarian, you'll clock in and out (and it's geotagged, so no cheating), you'll be able request days off, see pay stubs, etc. BambooHR has made one of the leading HR stages on the advertise. Favorite highlights incorporate the capacity to onboard or unlink representatives utilizing numerous distinctive workflows and choices, we too cherish the capacity to keep track of representative data, counting reports that require marks. BambooHR permits you to turn any archive into a signature layout with custom areas, signature order, and other alternatives. BambooHR Finance offers a simple way to oversee finance and match up it with data put away within the entry, there are numerous more highlights we utilize counting execution administration, time following, candidate following, etc., our group adores you. adore it since they can log in and see their pay stubs and other pertinent data.

Cons:

The speed of the execution caused us to miss a few points of interest that we had to burrow up afterward, but the bolster group was exceptionally supportive and a few of the extra information areas we needed were not a issue at all to execute. So distant, the as it were drawback I've seen when exchanging to BambooHR is that our pay stubs aren't accessible until payday. The execution module can be progressed by pleasing non-calendar year survey cycles, they did post advertisement hoc surveys a whereas back, but it would be accommodating to be able to set our plan based on the commemoration of the contract date.

Christina
Accounting & HR in
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

Middle of the road software that needs improvement

Comments: We are currently researching other HR software. I'm not sure which is better, software that contains the modules needed with obvious and crippling flaws or software that is easy to use both by admin and employees with limited modules.

Pros:

The idea of on-boarding a new employee electronically is a huge plus. It engages employees before they start and makes it so that they come in with paperwork already filled out and spend their first day doing more than just paperwork. Most of the framework is in place, but EACH area needs improvement, both in the functionality for administration and the ease of use for employees. The sections offered are vital, but aren't complete.

Cons:

The benefits area is lacking a lot of common sense tools - like the ability to attach plan documents to an insurance plan (only a link can be used), display plan cost information to an employee BEFORE they sign up (the pricing is only available AFTER they sign up and become eligible). Many things like this create double the amount of work for the administrator. The actual on-boarding process was a struggle because even though the forms were done properly by the employees (I sat with a few and watched them), it didn't save all information in completed fields. Employees were frustrated when they had to fill out forms multiple times because you cannot edit once saved. I love that employees can e-sign documents, but preparing the forms is cumbersome and they can't be customized easily. For instance, if you need to update a form because something has changed or didn't save properly, you have to delete the task and resend to any employees who need an updated form. When I discussed a few very basic items with support, they just offered a work around that many clients use. These are obvious flaws in the system that need to be addressed, but aren't necessarily a priority. Bamboo HR seems to focus more on flashy design than actual content. It makes them seem like a leader in the industry, but as soon as you dig in, the flaws are obvious. For the price, there needs to be more development in the software.

VP HR in Canada
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

They understand and support customers

Comments: Extremely receptive, understanding company, who want to support HR and provide easy-to-use, clear tools for daily HR tasks. They even educate the HR company through their annual virtual summit, which has become one of the very best as they know the most relevant topics and attract the best speakers ... and it's free to register.

Pros:

I found BambooHR very easy to set up, with a very clear, clean interface, a great mobile app and very easy to use for the employees. I am very impressed with the ease with which I was able to set up time-off policies and performance management, and the applicant tracking system is simple and collaborative. A great strength of Bamboo is the customer service - everybody I have spoken to is communicative, responsive, helpful, knowledgable - they seem to genuinely want to help. Their help documentation is very good and they keep clients up to date monthly with product developments and tips via video. Setting up forms for e-signature is awesome, and the newly introduced COVID tracker and storage of information has sensibly (and for legal reasons) been separated from other HR files.

Cons:

I'd like to see more flexibility in creating sub-folders for file storage, and integrations with more payroll providers and the time-tracking could use a little more development, but I do like that Bamboo continues to improve in all these aspects and that stops me jumping ship even when there are limitations.

Alison
VP Hr and Sustainability Strategy in Canada
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Really appreciate BambooHR's form and function with still more functionality to explore!

Comments: BambooHR gave HR matters a visible one stop home base for our team. It has also made it easy for diferent user types to get/view what they need (and what is appropriate) with the custom permissions. Our team members like (and don't avoid) accessing the system because it's so easy and pleasant to use!

Pros:

Onboarding, employee database, time off tracking, performance management, reporting, customization, friendly and functional user interface. Users like using it!

Cons:

Hard to say really - it's a pretty great system. The benefits section doesn't seem to be set up to be useful for our kind of benefits program (typical health and dental plan in Canada). I'm still exploring some functions...for example, we haven't really put their ATS to the test yet as it seems a bit basic vs. our current system but I want to give it a try since BambooHR has a way of delivering the needed functionality in a deceptively simple interface. I do need to maximize my use of BambooHR functions further given the investment we have made in it - I have a lot of faith in their products and am confident I will find even more value there if I look. I hope they can keep up the amazing customer and user experience I have had these last few years as they continue to expand their functionality.