Mailchimp Reviews

4.5 (15,844) Write a Review!

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp is the #1 email marketing and automations brand that recommends ways to get more opens, clicks, and sales.

Learn more about Mailchimp

Pros:

It is one of the most known and used so tons of community support. It has tons of great features almost as good as any of the others.

Cons:

They have a really strange billing system that is designed in such a way that it sucks money out of you.

Mailchimp ratings

4.2

8.4/10

Mailchimp has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 15,844 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Mailchimp before?

Filter reviews (15,844)

Pedro
Pedro
FreeLancer in Brazil

Automation of emails necessary for companies and for those who are starting to market

Comments: Overall experience with the tool is very good, it was helpful in all aspects I needed. Of course, a free plan always has limitations, but the paid plan also presented some points that in my work model were essential. But it is still an extraordinary and well-recognized tool. I know a lot of people who use it and don't give up. I still recommend it to many entrepreneurs who are starting out in online sales. Mailchimp is worth it. If you need, make a quote and call the service and you will be very well attended.

Pros:

MailChimp appeared to me by chance, And I chose to use it for my work. A great option for those just starting out or for small, medium or large companies that need to automate contact with their customers. Pluses: It's totally intuitive and has a top-notch layout. It caught my attention when I created some Landing Pages and came across several models. Totally free. Totally accurate and timely email sequence. Another positive point is the number of users that we can store in the free plan, up to 2ooo contacts, this for those starting out is even too much. The tools are multi-channel, essential for any service. In other words, a complete and articulated tool to meet any and all online ventures, whether affiliated companies or e-commerce. Whether consulting a plan or making a budget, support and service are accurate and attentive. intuitive tool; excellent usability; great cost / benefit; very good delivery rate; lots of free features (A/B testing, email automation and integrations) good educational content.

Cons:

It really is great marketing software though, even there is automation, The features are basic; tool all in English and it is not possible to create landing pages optimized for a higher return. You don't have the ability to manage a sales funnel, just trigger a broadcast if you need to send an offer. However, it is still useful for any service or company.

Sagar
Digital marketing strategist in India

Should you use MailChimp services

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Email marketing problem is solved by this site and it's easy to navigate and manage all your email list one stop for all the email marketer

Pros:

MailChimp capture all your email list in a efficient way because you can customise front end of the website and in what time it should appear

Cons:

AB testing is little hard for the new user to understand we had to teach them and we have spend lots of time in teaching them it can be more simple

WENDY
DIGITAL MARKETER in Malaysia
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Not for a Beginner

Comments: I like how versatile to create your email templates with different designs but I really dislike the fact that they are being way to strict and blocked my email campaign. I wonder if it was because I had my campaign written in Chinese which they might have misunderstood my content.
Overall, I would not recommend this product to a beginner who is seeking for something simple and easy to use.

Pros:

It is a very modern email marketing platform which have all-in-one marketing tools that you need if you are to subscribe to their plan. Importing contact list can come in easy and there is a certain versatility in designing email templates and blasting them out.

Cons:

Mailchimp does have a very unique layout as compared to other more structured email-marketing platforms. I personally did not feel at ease in using the software as it is quite confusing at times. For those who are a beginner like me and starting out to blasting emails to your clients, this may require some time to get used to the platform as most of the functions are quite complicated. It is quite strict as well as my email campaign even got mistakenly blocked as they reviewed and mentioned that my content contained MLM's stuff which was huge mistake. As I was still at a free trial stage, I did try to contact the support team and realized I wouldn't be able to have any help at all considering that I am not yet a customer. I was quite frustrated with the fact that I had no assistance at all and it created a bad experience for me as a new user.

Eric
Eric
Content Creator in UK

Mailchimp Review

Comments: My over all experience has been good, asides from the fact that I contact support ahead of time so they can respond when i need them, every other thing seems fine for me.

Pros:

I like the fact that you can start for free if you are on a budget and it is very affordable compared to other email marketing software

Cons:

What I dislike the most is that you don't easily get support when you need it, you will have to wait for hours before they respond to your email. I wish they can improve on this.

IT Chief in Turkey
Food Production, 51-200 Employees

The Best Email Marketing Software

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, I have had a good experience with Mailchimp. It is a great tool for email marketing and has a lot of features that make it easy to use.

Pros:

I like that Mailchimp is very user-friendly and has a lot of features that make email marketing easy. 2) I also like that Mailchimp integrates with many other platforms, making it easy to use in conjunction with other marketing tools.

Cons:

I dislike that Mailchimp can be slow at times and that some of the features can be a bit hidden. 2) I also found that the customer service was not as helpful as I would have liked.

Sadia
Computer operator in Saudi Arabia
Computer Games, 51-200 Employees

A free web-based store. Get your business online without a high startup cost. Mailchimp permits you

5.0 last month New

Comments: Mailchimp offer a free arrangement, which gives you admittance to the vast majority of the accessible devices, incorporating their underlying review creator and presentation page developer. This is especially uplifting news for individual and independent venture clients. The drawback is that the supporter and sending recompense have gone down essentially as of late, however more on that beneath.On the off chance that you're a SMB searching for an across the board arrangement, this could be exactly what you really want. They additionally have pay-more only as costs arise choices, which work out to be less expensive for low-volume clients, while likewise giving you a few included additional items like computerization and joining choices.

Pros:

It's never individuals who comprehend computer programming who are answerable for the extent of tasks, cutoff times, assumptions for what's conceivable in certain time periods, and so on. Making sense of how wrong a layman's perspective on a portion of these things is can be almost inconceivable, and this causes a ton of strain and at times an absence of trust between the designing staff and the non-designing staff.

Cons:

The mind stays in an exceptionally animated express consistently for such a long time that it makes it hard to turn off and get some sound rest. In the event that you have a pestering chief, partner, spouse, youngster or neighbor, you will lose your levelheadedness without any problem.I am on the way across a product couple that is encountering the conjugal joy. Beyond Facebook photography that is.

Bridget
Bridget
Senior Marketing and Communications Specialist in South Africa
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Our email to sales conversion is higher , partly due to Mailchimp.

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Primarily, we use Mailchimp to send automated marketing messages in the form of newsletter emails to current customers and sales prospects. A feature like Mailchimp's automation feature has really helped to finetune email targeting, allowing our target audience to receive marketing emails most relevant to them.

Pros:

The ability to personalize our marketing messages ( emails ) based on how an audience has previously engaged with our Mailchimp marketing emails, our mobile app. or even their past purchasing behavior, is what I like the most about this platform. Being able to do the above makes our marketing messages to resonate more with our target audience, resulting to more effective email marketing campaigns.

Cons:

There is a need for Mailchimp's email builder to offer advanced customization options for users. On the other hand as well, there is currently no provision to automatically merge or join multiple audience lists during email campaigns.

Yige
Yige
Customer Acquisition Analyst in Kenya
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

Mailchimp simplifies our email marketing operations.

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Huge part of my departments email marketing operations, lives within the Mailchimp platform. The ability to send the right marketing emails to customers, at the right time, is a top benefit of using Mailchimp.

Pros:

Some of the most visually appealing email templates that I have encountered in my few years of experience creating email campaigns , have been on the Mailchimp platform. I love its pre-designed templates and I have sometimes simply preferred to just rely on the platform 's email themes, which obviously requires me to introduce a bit of my own customization.

Cons:

Email list management is Mailchimp's most visible archilles heel . Because Mailchimp siloes its list , it is difficult to maintain multiple lists distinguished by segmentations. For me, I have come to see that the aforementioned limits how we target our audience during email campaigns.

Mohammed Saleh Naji
Mohammed Saleh Naji
biomedical engineering in Yemen
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees

I love using Mailchimp

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My experience using Mailchimp was wonderful, professional in work and easy to use. It made it easy for me to arrange my emails and create successful campaigns.

Pros:

Mailchimp is an email marketing platform that offers a variety of features, including user-friendly templates, automation capabilities, detailed analytics, and integration with multiple platforms. It is a cost-effective solution for small businesses and individuals to send targeted, professional-looking emails to their audience.

Cons:

Limited automation and segmentation capabilities in lower pricing plans.

Halyna
Halyna
Marketing Team Lead in Ukraine

Great tool for managing and executing email marketing campaigns

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to create and send emails, as well as to segment and target specific groups of recipients.One of the key advantages of Mailchimp is its integration with a wide range of other tools and platforms, such as social media, e-commerce platforms, and Google Analytics. This makes it easy to track the success of your campaigns and optimize your marketing efforts.Mailchimp also offers a range of templates and design options that make it easy to create visually appealing emails consistent with your branding. In addition, its testing and preview features allow you to see how your emails will look on different devices and email clients before you send them.

Cons:

I didn't find any cons while using this service.

Geoff
Geoff
VP Marketing in US
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

Easy to get started, still needs some additional features

Comments: I've like Mailchimp and how it's pricing is better than most for small businesses. They allow you to build your business without breaking the bank.

Pros:

I like how many other products integrate with mailchimp. That makes it really easy as a startup especially in ecommerce. I like that the email creation is WYSIWYG so I can quickly create beautiful emails with zero coding experience.

Cons:

I wish it had a journey builder like active campaign and many other email platforms. That would round out mailchimp really nicely and make them my only option for email marketing.

Jeff
Jeff
CEO in Canada
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees

A great platform that keeps growing to suit our needs

Comments: It simplifies what could be a complicated aspect of business - email marketing & drip campaigns. Highly recommend this software to anybody who wants a flexible, easy, and robust solution but does not want to have email marketing tied to a specific umbrella-style CRM! We have a separate CRM Mailchimp, as you can probably tell.

Pros:

The ease of use and deliverability of our email newsletters was why we chose Mailchimp many years ago as our go-to email newsletter and ongoing engagement platform. The new functionalities added over the years such as agency delegation from client accounts, better segmenting targets within a list, ability to re-hit those who didn't open a campaign, the better-flowing automations (drip campaigns) are great - it's all easy to use & understand and are great improvements we utilize more and more every year.

Cons:

Implementing a custom template and the HTML code was painful - but then, that's the case with any email template design with custom code so I cannot even fault Mailchimp for it. Perhaps they could have had more dynamic layouts for desktop & mobile friendly newsletters right off the bat. The early templates were quite hideous and we'd buy theme from Themeforest, brand/re-skin and upload the assets.

Aimee
Aimee
Director of Marketing in UK
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Easy to use and manage for small business

Pros:

MailChimp has certainly evolved and changed to suit business needs in the 5 years we have been using it. At first we only used it for HTML emails, but have since gone on to use Landing Pages, signup forms via Audiences, lead management, etc. As a small marketing team, we need a nimble and easy to use program and MailChimp is it.

Cons:

Often times the templates can be frustrating as blocks won’t work or can’t be overwritten

Greg
Greg
CEO in US

Packed with Features, MailChimp is the best choice for list management and digital marketing

Comments: Our overall experience has been fantastic and we've gotten great results from using the features available. We've done everything from creating sign-up popups for use on our website, installed a sign-up form on social media platforms, and then created drip campaigns to multiple segments of our list. The reporting and data that we get back from Mailchimp is also incredibly helpful, and we've been able to create follow-up campaigns for people who either did or did not interact with previous emails very easily.

Pros:

The robust feature set related to list management is where Mailchimp truly shines. The ability to bring people into our list, tag them based on where they came from, and then automate custom drip campaigns to each of those segments of our list is a powerhouse feature that has made a big difference in our business. Mailchimp does all of this affordably and also allows us to create emails that look great.

Cons:

Sometimes the sheer number of features available can make it a little harder to find just what you want to do. As the platform has grown, adding new features at a rapid pace, it's inevitable that the user interface will get more confusing. In recent years, the learning curve to use Mailchimp well has increased a bit, but it's still something that even a beginner can use and pick up relatively quickly.

Dayley
Dayley
Website & Marketing Manager in Thailand
Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 Employees

A safe option

Comments: I have never had any problems with MailChimp. Its been quite easy to setup with minimal steps required. I did have to contact the customer service team on one occasion and they replied promptly and direct to the point with a solution. So my experience with both the software and their team have been great.

Pros:

Widely used and can be integrated easily into other software such as QuickBooks, Xero, WooCommerce, Shopify, Inventory systems and many others. MailChimp gives the user the options of many different emails output depending on the circumstances. For example; newly registered user emails, newsletters, abandoned cart emails, if a customer hasn't made a purchase in a while or hasn't returned to your site in some time, which are all great for reminding the customer of your existence, and gaining that lost customer back! The form builder is pretty easy to use, and also gives you a copy & paste option of the code afterwards so it can be easily implemented into your website.

Cons:

You are limited with the styles of emails you can send to your customers. You can fully design your emails from scratch, but regarding the features you can place within the emails, it is kinda limited compared to other software. This would includes things like which items were abandoned when sending the customers an abandoned cart email. Or showing which items still remain in the customers 'Wishlist' if they haven't purchased the items yet and haven't been on the website for some time. I am not a big fan of the MailChimp logo at the bottom of every email sent to the customers.

Erin
Executive Artistic Director in US
Performing Arts, 2-10 Employees

Worth it for any company starting out

Comments: I love the interface - once I got to know what was possible it became very easy to create what I wanted. I feel like it makes a big difference in how we're perceived by our community. I also personally like the irreverence - the graphics and cute sayings make marketing a little more fun.

Pros:

I love that it's free for the first 2000 names - makes it easy to try the product over time. I switched from Constant Contact and was looking for something more affordable for our needs as a new, volunteer-based non-profit. I also love the ease of use. It's pretty simple to figure out and whatever questions I've had have been answered by the help documents.

Cons:

I wish that Mailchimp more easily integrated with my ticketing software (OvationTix.) I tried to merge data but it's not intuitive so I have ended up not using that feature. I'm not sure if that's an issue on the side of Mailchimp or OvationTix, so it doesn't affect my overall enjoyment and opinion of the software. I also deal with a lot of email going into spam, even though I've followed all of the rules and avoid filter triggering phrases in my subject lines. I guess I wish there were more support in that area.

Randi
Owner in US

Mailchimp is my go to for newsletter marketing especially for setting up a new business

Comments: Mailchimp overall is the easiest newsletter service. They connect with with websites such as Mailchimp and Shopify which are pillars in the industry. The plugins I have to use are simple to install. At times other newsletter services are more difficult to connect with a website. I start all my clients up with Mailchimp and they are all very pleased. Your interface is simple enough for a beginner to catch on to, but now with your growing features a real whiz can get in there and create a robust email marketing experience.

Pros:

I've been using Mailchimp since I think Mailchimp was invented. Mailchimp is way easier to use than most of the other newsletters services out there. It's easy to import your lists, set multiple kinds of audience lists. I like that you're keeping up with the other services and added automations and tags. I find it very easy to build nice looking newsletters too. I always start any of my clients with Mailchimp first. You're the most user friendly interface. Pro-free to start under a certain number of subscribers too! You now have most if not all of the features a growing organization with a deep marketing strategy would need.

Cons:

My biggest cons was that I found originally years ago you did not have all the features thatsome of the other competitors had. AWeber had better automative responses/ journeys/scheduling capabilities that your service years ago did not offer. So when I started with you I did have times when I did have to switch softwares for growing clients who had other needs. You now have those features so I find I can start with Mailchimp and stick with you now for the long haul.

Jacob
Jacob
Growth Marketing Manager in Israel

Top Email Marketing Software

Comments: I'm a big fan of MailChimp. It's my go-to email marketing software for 100% white-hat projects. The whole process is so simple. You have an email list that you upload as an audience. You then go to the campaign section to set up a proper email automation campaign. Within that build, you have the ability to use their visual editor and functions in order to easily write/design the campaign and test it in a real mail client. Unlike some of the other email marketing software, there are not EXTRA features/functionalities that you would rarely need. This decreases the confusion and noise. Big plus!

Pros:

- Easy to set up VERY quickly - WSWYG Visual Editor is super easy to use - They're constantly coming out with new functionalities like landing page design, integration with running paid ads, etc. - Setting up full automation is relatively easy compared to other email marketing software out there - You can edit multiple emails in multiple tabs which makes copy/paste even easier (other software only lets you have 1 tab open at a time) - It's free up to 2,500 contacts!

Cons:

- Support can be a bit unresponsive at times when you've broken one of their terms/policies (even when it happens by accident and you're not sure what you did wrong even to trigger it)

Eve
CEO in US
Media Production, Self Employed

Free for the first 250,000 subscribers no cost - must have a mailing address

Comments: Positive experience sending emails and letters but you need to have a mailing address a real physical address a po box doesnt count. I guess hoping people do not come to your house is a big deal. I was very scared about having a real location and I was scared random people would show up as they did before at offices to stalk. I guess at this current timene place it's safer to use your real address but many years ago it was not or may not have been. It is important to make sure all your ducks are in a row- your corporation is current for example, the po box or the mailing address is current for example mine wasn't and I saw peoplel at the post office that i would rather not see.

Pros:

Mailchimp is pretty easy to use and has increased its features in the last few yeqrs. The first 150,000 to 250,000 subscribers are free and then you pay after so it gives you time to build your fan base. When I used old emails I got reports for using old emails and it got disbanded so I recommend using current email subscribers so there are no surprises - or make sure they know they are signing up for your newsletter inbox. For example we threw an event and I emailed all subscribers but they did not know we were the organizer it was for working women so most unsubscribed. In hindsight I should have had people subscribe or put on a disclaimer that we would market.

Cons:

The fact it's so easy to be taken down if you get one negative report. I guess we got a few negative reports and quickly a lot of unsubscribers the first day we emailed a few hundred people from a tales of extraordinary women event. The problem I gu ess you encounter is how to try and get these customers or clients or readers to read your services that I am still working on ideas for how to get people to sign up.

Brandon
Brandon
Development Associate in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees

Mailchimp doesn't money around when it comes to features and customer service

Comments: Working for a non-profit and having a very targeted base of individuals that I am trying to communicate with can be cumbersome and frustrating because that target group is very segmented by demographics. Mailchimp allows me to modify how I communicate with these segments, without having to reinvent the wheel and send separate campaigns to each segment. I can easily create one campaign and then segment from within to make sure I am communicating correctly to each group.

Pros:

Mailchimp has a robust and user friendly dashboard that makes it easy for a novice to get started with an email campaign. That being said, hidden below the surface of templates and cookie cutter designs are fully customizable features and the ability to code your own emails. I believe it serves as the best of both worlds for the unassuming small business owner who really does't have time to learn or the the money to hire a professional to handle their email marketing; it also allows large corporations with a scantly lit room full of code loving nerds to have full control of their email design. Mailchimp doesn't discriminate between these two worlds when it comes the analytics and reporting , they have a terrific suite of tools to measure success. To top it all off, Mailchimp is constantly updating their technology to improve their product and help businesses communicate with their customers.

Cons:

The worst thing about Mailchimp is their pricing, they can get pretty steep when you start trying to expand your reach and communicate with a larger audience. The pricing isn't outrageous, but it also isn't competitive. The other cons in my opinion are personal annoyances and probably aren't shared among a whole lot of other users. Their automation tools are a bit limited, my expectations were set high based on all the features that Mailchimp has, automation is one that is still a work in progress. My other annoyance is the branded copy all over the site, it's like being instructed by two dudebros who are constantly making inside references as they show you around. Some probably find this very charming, I find it kind of irritating.

Javier
CEO in Spain

A must-have to mail marketing

Comments: The overall experience using this tool is fantastic, I've been using for last 7 years in many clients with small database below 2000 clients (there is even a free plan with advertising) to really big campaigns to near 500000 customers and the functionality has been always nearly perfect and with great delivery times

Pros:

Mailchimp is a really complete solutions to email marketing. It can be used for a wide range of users, from the most basic use with only text messages; their awesome and really easy-of-use templates; your own HTML messages; to own written templates using their facilities to fill user data in order to customize the message content. The automatization functionality are really helpful to construct a robust marketing campaign offering the possibility to send a series of messages like welcome, iinformation, birthday gifts, to even, an most interesting to monetize, recover lost carts, get product feedback, opinions, etc The analytical part is interesting because you can see inside the platform the deliverity, opening, clicking... in an easy way. Also you can use your own tracking platform to see result in your analytical platform as i.e. google analytics The integrations is really simple and can be made manually using its API or you can use any of the plugins to connect with main web platforms as woocommerce, prestashop to even zapier so you can expand even more their automation capabilities

Cons:

There are a few things i don't like from mailchimp service, probably the biggest will be the segmentations capabilities: You can organize your users in list and in order to refine which one should receive one mail, you must add basic queries based in things like "has/hasn't opened last X previous messages", their gender and age (if you don't have this data it tries to interfere from user interactions), state, likes, etc, but you can only use 5 of them so if you have a really big database it can be insufficient and must duplicate some campaigns to sucessive refinining in order to get you desired audience. The other black point could be price if you have a big list (or even worse if any of your customers are in many list because then its counted as many times as lists its included). For really big customers I prefer active Campaign due to the pricing and better automation options.

Virginia
Virginia
Communications Manager in US

So easy a Chimp could do it!

Comments: Mailchimp is a wonderful email campaign platform. We are currently utilizing the free version, going on 5 years now, for our bimonthly newsletters and have never run into a single issue. As a marketer, my favorite thing about Mailchimp is the ability to share our newsletters and subscribe links via social media. You can also create pop-ups or static forms to embed on your website so that when people subscribe they are automatically added to your subscriber list.

Pros:

Mailchimp’s free plan allows you to have up to 2,000 subscribers and includes 12,000 emails you can send out, per month. For those new to Mailchimp, there are numerous preset templates you can choose from which you can further customize to your liking or create your own from scratch. Campaign templates can incorporate images, polls, embedded videos, call to actions, plain text, and custom HTML. Once you have created a template – with the specific look you are looking for – you can duplicate it and create your next campaign so you do not have to start from scratch. It’s likely you will encounter someone on your subscriber list who either resides or works for a company in the EU. Mailchimp has all the needed GDPR tools and regulations in place to make your campaign process as easy and stress free as possible to manage. Uploading new contacts to your subscriber list can be done in minutes (CSV files). You can also create multiple lists which you can further segment into more specific groups (in the case you may not want to send the campaign to the entire list of your choosing). Before sending off your campaign you can preview what it will look like to your recipients on desktop and mobile devices and check your links to make sure they work appropriately. Mailchimp also provides A/B testing and basic analytics, pertaining to each campaign you send out, to give you more insight into the campaign’s open rates and clicks.

Cons:

I have very few complaints about Mailchimp, but I do wish they could incorporate spell check into their system somehow to help expedite the editing process. Also keep in mind, if you choose to upgrade from the free plan into a paid plan, you can only downgrade back down to the free plan once. If you choose to make any changes to a campaign that has already been sent off, it will not update those campaigns, it will only show those updated changes to those you send the campaign to after saving those changes. Meaning if you find a mistake in a campaign you have recently sent out, know that there is no “undo” or fix.

Marketing Manager in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Robust emailing marketing software with lots of third-party connections.

Pros:

MailChimp is a very popular email marketing platform that makes it easy to send out mail campaigns. We use a great plugin for our gravity forms pushing anyone that submits a form on our website to a specific MailChimp list, group, or segment. This makes it easier than trying to regularly upload a list each time it changes. It's popular for good reasons as setting up templated emails is really simple, guided by a step-by-step process with additional coding and advanced setup features. It also allows for RSS feeds to be sent to a blog signup list. Creating automatic drip campaigns is another feature we utilize heavily and works great at increasing follow-up. The split A/B testing is a great way to test the messages of your marketing campaign. Being able to see the reports on clicks and users makes it one of the best features of MailChimp. We use it as a way to know our warm leads we should be reaching out to.

Cons:

Although being easy to use, the few spots you get snagged up on are better resolved through a Google search than a chat to the support people. They stink. The other big con to MailChimp is the way it handles lists, groups, segments, and signup forms. Because MailChimp bills you for every last contact you have with your lists, creating duplicate lists can be an expensive mistake. The only way to separate contacts without getting double billed is to use segments and groups. This creates a challenge when using the signup forms, as the person will have to choose their preferred group to join. It would be better if MailChimp either made the signup forms group based or allowed for separate lists without duplicate charges. The other big downside to MailChimp is the difficulty with managing a user's email preferences. For example, if a user only wants to receive monthly emails instead of weekly emails, creating that option can be a bit tricky without some careful planning. It would be simpler if MailChimp created a frequency option as a customer profile option. This would fail-safe against sending out too many emails to someone that wanted fewer emails.

James
James
National Manager Information Systems in Australia
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 201-500 Employees

Mailchimp has evolved with the changing demands of the sophisticated market but it is simple to use.

Comments: Mailchimp's flexibility and adaptability to many different user cases has allowed it to meet all of our core requirements.

Pros:

The best thing about Mailchimp is it is so easy to get started and communicating with your subscribers. There are simple and easy ways for subscribers to subscribe and unsubscribe. Mailchimp is so much more than just an outbound email tool. Email Templates allow quick professional communications to be created by your organisation on brand and at no additional cost. Powerful but easy to use functionality allows the end user to setup onboarding communication plans and execute automated communications to new subscribers. Multi email setup is easy to complete. Subscriber management also intelligiently scans your incoming subscribers to remove the ones that have trending behaviours with regards to unsubcribe and spam reporting. API integration is built in and connected to most common platforms. There there isn't a direct connection you can utilise online software integrations like Zapier to automate steps. This allows you to connect one system to another and transfer and share information and unsubscribes to your CRM for example.

Cons:

Mailchimp has increased its functionality and managed to keep these new features easy to use and adopt. I would say one con is that people don't use half of the available functionality to their advantage. They have tightened up their pricing and reduced the functionality for their lower/free tiers but I think this is more than fair. Make sure you choose the right payment plan, either monthly or pay as you go that matches your requirements.

Munema
Customer Training Manager in Finland
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees

A very good platform to get started with email marketing

Pros:

I think that if you are new to email marketing and are not sure which platform to start with, you should look into Mailchimp. First of all, it is free to use until 2,000 contacts (true, you won't have access to all the features but still). This means that you don't need to try it for a few days and see but you can actually use it for a longer period of time so that you have solid data to see whether what you are doing email marketing-wise is working or not. If you are new to this world, you will be happy to hear that each plan of Mailchimp comes with an email builder, as well as templates for both forms and landing pages – this is one of my favorite features because not only it saves you time but it gives you access to some "battle-tested" templates that work. The mobile app is good for keep track of things while you are on the go, while the subject line helper and 1-step automations will help you ensure that your emails get open and read.

Cons:

The main issue I have with Mailchimp is the fact that, depending on what you are planning on doing from an email marketing standpoint, you are probably going to end up outgrowing the platform. This may not sound like a big thing when you are just getting started but it could become an issue if you have to look for a different platform and migrate thousands of people, as well as landing pages, forms and email content, to it.