• Overall
    4.4/5
    4.2/5

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp's all-in-one Marketing Platform helps small businesses market smarter so you can grow faster.

Learn more about Mailchimp

Showing 12,968 reviews

Jeremiah P.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/1/2020

"My Go-to for email marketing"

Comments: Mailchimp has been my go-to for 5+ years and I see no reason to change that now. It's simple, easy-to-use, and affordable. I also care about who I work with. From what I can see as an outsider looking in, they have a great company culture. I once found a mistake in their API documentation and they sent me a free t-shirt! Most companies aren't willing to spend money just to say thanks, and I think that says something about the culture and character of the company.

Pros: Easy to setup: I've used Mailchimp in the launch of dozens of brands and digital products. Mailchimp is so easy to setup; I can literally have an account up and running, collecting email addresses within 20 minutes. Great free option: One of my favorite things about Mailchimp is the fact that you get up to 2,000 contacts for free. Having that as an option (particularly for new businesses) is absolutely critical in making sure you can measure ROI from the platform before you start investing a lot of money. Easy to use: Mailchimp's forms, email templates, list management, etc. is all so simple. In the rare case you can't do something you want via the Mailchimp admin, it can probably be done via the API. Mailchimp has also done an exceptional job of integrating with 3rd party platforms to make sure you can easily maximize your email collection. More than just email marketing: In the last few years Mailchimp has started offering additional features outside of email campaigns, like Facebook ads and card mailing services. I personally don't think they're as good as Mailchimp's email service, but I am sure they'll improve over time.

Cons: In the last couple of years Mailchimp has made some changes to their pricing structure that I don't particularly love: 1) Pay as you go features have become more limited compared to their monthly plans.
2) Monthly rates have increased (although that's bound to happen at some point).
3) They now include some social platform contacts in your allotted contacts (i.e. you pay for them like they're email contacts).
As well, Mailchimp automatically increases your bill when you cross over your plan subscriber threshold. I'm not a huge fan of that, but I suppose I prefer it to them just disabling collection of new contacts.

• Reviewed on 24/1/2020
Traver F.
Marketing Specialist
Construction, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/4/2020

"A great software at exorbitant prices"

Comments: Actual use of the software, I've had a pretty great experience. Some areas a little more difficult to navigate, but it's nothing a quick check of the help FAQ or Google can't fix. I've never had any issues with deliverability, and the reporting features work great. I just wouldn't pay for it after I get past the free plan.

Pros: MailChimp is pretty easy to use as mailing software goes. It's fairly simple to set up, and managing your contact list is fairly intuitive. The software takes care of all the hard work indentifying emails that don't work or have bounced. You can segment out certain groups and tag different people so that you're able to send emails only to certain people for specific campaigns. This helps you keep emails targeted. For example, if I want to send a newsletter to only commercial clients, I tag them with the "commercial" tag and then choose to send only to those tagged recipients.

Cons: Two things. Advanced features and pricing. With advanced features, it was incredibly difficult to setup for sign-up forms. Some of the more advanced features are hidden deep in linking trees and aren't easy to find. I almost always had to rely on Google to tell me where to go and what to do. Compare this to somewhere like MailerLite that's really easy to navigate and find what you're looking for. As regards to pricing, the free plan for MailChimp is one of the best, allowing up to 2,000 subscribers before you have to pay, but after that they gouge you ridiculously so. Compared to other mailing software, MailChimp is highway robbery.

• Reviewed on 14/4/2020
Mira L.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/5/2020

"Great for keeping connected with customers and your team"

Comments: Overall, MailChimp has been useful in keeping in contact with my customers and team.

Pros: I like that I can create email templates and mass email customers while being able to address each one by name in the body of the email with the placeholders such as *|FNAME|*. It makes it seem personal. I like how I am able to see who opens my email and who clicks a link in my email. I like how I can insert buttons in the email in order to make it easy for my customer to begin shopping. Tagging contacts is helpful when I want to email a select people. I like how I can create leads page or landing pages with forms to get new subscribers.

Cons: For the Android mobile app, when I enter a new contact, sometimes the first and last name does not save or the field clears when I add a tag. For the free version, I don't like not being able to have more than 1 group. I don't like how I cannot search specific recipients by name and send them an email. I like that customers can self-unsubscribe from my emails without having to email me.

• Reviewed on 15/5/2020
Kenyon C.
Creative manager
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2019

"Don't Sleep on the Monkey, its Bananas!!!"

Comments: We are able to reach more customers with less legwork We were also able to change how people view our company as a whole. Mail chimp makes our 5 to 10 person group seem like and Army.

Pros: Mail Chimp is very flexible and gives you a wide variety of easily customizable options. I use it for everything from Turkey Drives and fundraiser registrations to Album release contests. I hired 2 new people that have almost no graphic design experience and they were both able to learn the platform in a short time and implement what they knew in a real-world environment. Furthermore. The templates aren't cookie-cutter and are easily customizable. They update someone signs up for your product or offer. Its a low key way to get alot more customers and sell alot more products without texting 100 people1 at a time. in the end its definitely worth trying out

Cons: I wish Mail chimp had a desktop app that was downloadable and cloud-connected. I also wish that you could integrate it with other software like Google Drive or other Cloud-based services.

• Reviewed on 25/11/2019
Ankit P.
Co-Founder
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/4/2020

"Simple, Easy to Use and Fast Implementation"

Comments: Overall, I have been a happy customer with Mailchimp for the last 4 years. As a company, we have moved all the marketing communication to Mailchimp. Everyday, we just feel we are just getting started.

Pros: Simple, Easy to use user interface for the software wherein I could customize the emails that go out whenever any event takes place on the website. The integrations with other apps was mind blowing as it helped us to minimize our task. The analytics in Mailchimp are a blessing to us as it helps in targeting the right audience at the right time.

Cons: The free tier plan was very less for a company like ours as we wanted to be sure about it completely before finally implementing it. Due to high email bounces, the marketing automation companies are very strict on the bounce rates and they just block your account instantly.

Georgios S.
Communications Assistant and PhD Candidate
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/4/2020

"Great newsletter service with lots of features"

Comments: We have been using it in the department for student and staff newsletter, and sometimes for external emailing lists. Everything has been sublime so far.

Pros: Its amazing interface, ease-to-use HTML code, offers free and high quality templates to use for newsletters. Overall, great options!

Cons: It is hard to tell and honestly, I had to come up with something that I dislike but sometimes the tab can crash as a result of bugs. It has happened a few times but even then, the template is automatically saved.

• Reviewed on 21/4/2020
Amy H.
Owner/partner
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/4/2020

"Mighty is Mailchimp"

Comments: I am not only pleased with the service, I am also thankful. Without mailchimp I would waste hours on emails it’s a maid and a true saver of time. Great software!

Pros: The most liked feature of Mail Chimp is the way it goes through my mailbox like a Merry Maid and organizes my communications.

Cons: There weren’t any unliked things honestly. Mail chimp does exactly what it says and more. I this software doesn’t have any negatives.

• Reviewed on 19/4/2020
Lauren H.
Executive Assistant
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/3/2020

"No Monkey Business Needed!"

Comments: Mailchimp is the main software our company uses and I'll continue to work with it. It has a very time efficient workspace and for its name, doesn't monkey around too much.

Pros: I've used this software, with my company, for over 7 months and am impressed by its campaign features. It's very straightforward with the layout, gives the reins in the design, and allows its user to implement customization for the email blasts they will send out.

Cons: The mobile to desktop compatibility. It doesn't make it very easy to alternate between platforms.

• Reviewed on 30/3/2020
Sev O.
CMO
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/3/2020

"Wonderful for small mailings but not a professional tool"

Comments: Using it to prospect for customers, generate inquiries.

Pros: Super simple and easy, and easy to get started with a free version which supports a small number of addresses -- but the upgrades are inexpensive if you have tens of thousands of names, as we do.

Cons: The "unsubscribe" feature is awkward, since it's a separate tool with a separate database and does not immediately synchronize with our CRM system, requiring double effort.

James R.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/6/2020

"Best email marketing tool for small online businesses"

Comments: So easy to use and manage. Awesome email builder tool and automation capabilities. It can be a little technical setting up the DNS and verifying domain names but their support was helpful and took care of the problem.

Pros: How many features the free account has! I can do everything I need to up till I get 2000 contacts!

Cons: I wish I could have more than just 1 list with the free account to better segment my list.

• Reviewed on 25/6/2020
Noah eric L.
Marketing Coordinator
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/4/2020

"Excellent marketing system, total control of the platform and campaigns."

Comments: The tool has been very good for my work as it has allowed us to meet very important objectives for us in the area of marketing, its great performance is what makes it ideal for meeting all our needs and personally is what I love most about this excellent software.

Pros: Mailchimp is a marketing tool that I have used for a long time and I know it well, the platform is ideal for any kind of company that wants to market with agility, the software allows its users to have a very pronounced growth in a very short period of time which is something very good that offers very few platforms and mailchimp is one of them, Personally I must say that I have placed all my trust in this tool because it allows me to make campaigns with high strength and very good designs, its interface is very practical to work because it shows all its functions easily which allows a very large performance to users when working, offers different templates that are very good to use in different campaigns, in general it is a tool with a great performance with high profitability for people who buy it.

Cons: Milchimp currently requires very few improvements to perfect its operation, the one I would like to see most improved so that it doesn't have limitations is its drag-and-drop option as there are occasions when it limits movement in designs and this is something that has prevented me from editing my designs to my liking on many occasions. This is the only complaint I have with this software so far and I hope my opinion will be taken into account for future improvements.

• Reviewed on 16/4/2020
Ester D.
Marketing Manager
Automotive, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/4/2020

"Great tool for email blasts, you will need some training"

Comments: MailChimp has been a perfect solution to manage all our email communications with our subscribers and customers. Our team handles 3 different brands with 20 000+ subscribers and the customizable email templates, user-friendly interface lets us be very efficient and creative, it's fun!

Pros: I have been using MailChimp 5+ years throughout multiple jobs. It is a great platform with a huge base of supporting articles and videos - which you will need once you have a few thousand subscribers. I am currently managing a 20 000+ subscriber base and at that level, MailChimp offers great categorization options. I can assign email addresses to different tags so it is very easy to create campaigns for targeted groups. Security is very important to us, MailChimp offers a two-step verification option when you log in to keep your account safe. The dashboard is very user friendly, you can see all your recent email campaigns, their status (draft, sent) the open and click-through rate right off the main dashboard. MailChimp offers great analytics too. If you have the tracking code set up and you are an e-commerce store, you can see how many orders you received from the email blast, the average order revenue, and total revenue. When you first sign up with MailChimp it will ask about your industry - make sure to fill it out with the right information because MailChimp offers campaign benchmarking too. You can see how your current campaign performed compared to your previous campaigns and your peers'. You can connect your social media channels to MailChimp and automatically post your email blast to your social channels, which can save a lot of time. Their search function is very smart, you can search for keywords throughout years and years of email blasts or subscribers.

Cons: Although it is easy to import and export subscribers it would be nice to have a bulk edit option where you can assign email addresses to categories, tags etc. When I send a test email before the final release for my team to review, it often lands in the junk folder.

Tim B.
Creative Director & Designer
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/4/2020

"Mailchimp is the 'go to' platform"

Comments: Overall, my experience with Mailchimp is great. Even though they change things periodically, they do have very extensive documentation that will 9 out of 10 times answer your questions by doing a small amount of research. There's lots of help guides out there as well and because Mailchimp's userbase is so large, it's not hard getting the info needed either directly from Mailchimp or supporting communities.

Pros: I've used Mailchimp for years and have found it's very easily integrated into most website platforms. Not only is it just a newsletter platform, it serves many different functions. It's effective at building mailing lists generated from your website's opt-in forms, gives plenty of options to customize your newsletter templates for both standard emails, ecommerce based emails, and dynamic emails. They have an array of tools that allows you to heavily customize anything you need.

Cons: The things I like least about Mailchimp are how frequently they change the backend usability. Over the past year I've noticed some menu areas have changed or been renamed and it causes confusion for not only myself but my clients as well.

• Reviewed on 13/4/2020
Ian A.
Digital Marketing Manager
Construction, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/3/2020

"Good, but could be great."

Comments: Overall this is a good beginner Email Marketing Platform.

Pros: What I like most about Mailchimp are its easy-to-use features. Mailchimp is a little more expensive than other Email Marketing Platforms (they charge based on the size of your list) so that's something to consider. The automation and segmentation features are rather basic, so if you plan to implement a more robust automated campaign or you're looking for ways to incorporate other marketing channels like social media or PPC than Mailchimp falls short.

Cons: Mailchimp offers pretty limited and basic training or tutorial videos. What they do offer isn't really much help to Digital Marketing professionals. Additionally, Mailchimp's support is HORRIBLE!

Eve K.
Media Production, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/3/2020

"Free for the first 250,000 subscribers no cost - must have a mailing address"

Comments: Positive experience sending emails and letters but you need to have a mailing address a real physical address a po box doesnt count. I guess hoping people do not come to your house is a big deal. I was very scared about having a real location and I was scared random people would show up as they did before at offices to stalk. I guess at this current timene place it's safer to use your real address but many years ago it was not or may not have been. It is important to make sure all your ducks are in a row- your corporation is current for example, the po box or the mailing address is current for example mine wasn't and I saw peoplel at the post office that i would rather not see.

Pros: Mailchimp is pretty easy to use and has increased its features in the last few yeqrs. The first 150,000 to 250,000 subscribers are free and then you pay after so it gives you time to build your fan base. When I used old emails I got reports for using old emails and it got disbanded so I recommend using current email subscribers so there are no surprises - or make sure they know they are signing up for your newsletter inbox. For example we threw an event and I emailed all subscribers but they did not know we were the organizer it was for working women so most unsubscribed. In hindsight I should have had people subscribe or put on a disclaimer that we would market.

Cons: The fact it's so easy to be taken down if you get one negative report. I guess we got a few negative reports and quickly a lot of unsubscribers the first day we emailed a few hundred people from a tales of extraordinary women event. The problem I gu ess you encounter is how to try and get these customers or clients or readers to read your services that I am still working on ideas for how to get people to sign up.

• Reviewed on 12/3/2020
Ura M.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/2/2020

"Great resource when starting your email list"

Comments: My overall experience is mostly positive. I'm loyal because Mailchimp gave me the start I needed to build my email list. I'm grateful for the learning experience.

Pros: I like the ability to get up and started fast using the software. It was one of the only platforms that allowed me to start for free at the beginning of running the business. I also like the ability to hold my resources in the library to provide for my customers.

Cons: It's hard to get a stylish form without code or use of a plugin. Some of the processes are difficult to manage even with the guides. I still have not figured out how to create segments from one list. There must be a user-friendly way to create segments than what is available now.

• Reviewed on 26/2/2020
Jacob E.
Growth Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 24/2/2020

"Top Email Marketing Software"

Comments: I'm a big fan of MailChimp. It's my go-to email marketing software for 100% white-hat projects. The whole process is so simple. You have an email list that you upload as an audience. You then go to the campaign section to set up a proper email automation campaign. Within that build, you have the ability to use their visual editor and functions in order to easily write/design the campaign and test it in a real mail client. Unlike some of the other email marketing software, there are not EXTRA features/functionalities that you would rarely need. This decreases the confusion and noise. Big plus!

Pros: - Easy to set up VERY quickly
- WSWYG Visual Editor is super easy to use
- They're constantly coming out with new functionalities like landing page design, integration with running paid ads, etc.
- Setting up full automation is relatively easy compared to other email marketing software out there
- You can edit multiple emails in multiple tabs which makes copy/paste even easier (other software only lets you have 1 tab open at a time)
- It's free up to 2,500 contacts!

Cons: - Support can be a bit unresponsive at times when you've broken one of their terms/policies (even when it happens by accident and you're not sure what you did wrong even to trigger it)

• Reviewed on 24/2/2020
Greg A.
  • Reviewed on 21/1/2020

"Packed with Features, MailChimp is the best choice for list management and digital marketing"

Comments: Our overall experience has been fantastic and we've gotten great results from using the features available. We've done everything from creating sign-up popups for use on our website, installed a sign-up form on social media platforms, and then created drip campaigns to multiple segments of our list. The reporting and data that we get back from Mailchimp is also incredibly helpful, and we've been able to create follow-up campaigns for people who either did or did not interact with previous emails very easily.

Pros: The robust feature set related to list management is where Mailchimp truly shines. The ability to bring people into our list, tag them based on where they came from, and then automate custom drip campaigns to each of those segments of our list is a powerhouse feature that has made a big difference in our business. Mailchimp does all of this affordably and also allows us to create emails that look great.

Cons: Sometimes the sheer number of features available can make it a little harder to find just what you want to do. As the platform has grown, adding new features at a rapid pace, it's inevitable that the user interface will get more confusing. In recent years, the learning curve to use Mailchimp well has increased a bit, but it's still something that even a beginner can use and pick up relatively quickly.

• Reviewed on 21/1/2020
Dayley S.
Website & Marketing Manager
Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/1/2020

"A safe option"

Comments: I have never had any problems with MailChimp. Its been quite easy to setup with minimal steps required. I did have to contact the customer service team on one occasion and they replied promptly and direct to the point with a solution. So my experience with both the software and their team have been great.

Pros: Widely used and can be integrated easily into other software such as QuickBooks, Xero, WooCommerce, Shopify, Inventory systems and many others. MailChimp gives the user the options of many different emails output depending on the circumstances. For example; newly registered user emails, newsletters, abandoned cart emails, if a customer hasn't made a purchase in a while or hasn't returned to your site in some time, which are all great for reminding the customer of your existence, and gaining that lost customer back! The form builder is pretty easy to use, and also gives you a copy & paste option of the code afterwards so it can be easily implemented into your website.

Cons: You are limited with the styles of emails you can send to your customers. You can fully design your emails from scratch, but regarding the features you can place within the emails, it is kinda limited compared to other software. This would includes things like which items were abandoned when sending the customers an abandoned cart email. Or showing which items still remain in the customers 'Wishlist' if they haven't purchased the items yet and haven't been on the website for some time. I am not a big fan of the MailChimp logo at the bottom of every email sent to the customers.

• Reviewed on 8/1/2020
Alex P.
Marketing Communications Manager
  • Reviewed on 3/1/2020

"Simple to use, intuitively designed and good value! "

Comments: We've used MailChimp for years with our clients. We generally choose it as the best option because many clients like to control their email marketing at certain times and they often don't have time to waste - MailChimp has a relatively short learning curve compared to alternatives and it's easy on the eye. In that sense, it offers the best of both worlds, for us and for our clients (though as mentioned, the lack of robust automation and easy to follow automation flows hold it back slightly)

Pros: - Email builder is incredibly easy to use and offers lots of functionality that's easy to grasp with a quick learning curve
- Able to create social adverts, forms, landing pages and send direct mail all from your account - it's becoming more an all-in-one marketing platform than ever with new features and changes seemly every few months
- Strong integration support makes it easy to connect most commonly used services like Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey and eCom platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce
- Easy to understand reporting that clients are able to digest quickly
- It's free with limited features, but they're generally perfectly adequate for non-power users and a small database of fewer than 2000 people
- Customer support guides are aplenty - there's lots of literature on every topic and it's very comprehensive
- Erm, 'MailChimp Presents...' - they make their own original streamable documentary shows now - and it's actually decent!

Cons: - Automations are relatively basic when considering this as automation software - alternatives like ActiveCampaign are more robust in this area, especially when it comes to complex rules and automation flow visuals
- Lack of someone to speak to when things are going wrong - you're pretty much on your own with the guides available (perfectly fine when you're IT-savvy, not so much when you aren't!)

• Reviewed on 3/1/2020
Trevor A.
Product Owner, CRO Services
  • Reviewed on 1/1/2020

"A must-have for the start-up email marketer or business just starting in email marketing"

Comments: I went from doing 0 email marketing, to being very competent in email marketing with Mailchimp. From Day 1 until Year 2+, I keep discovering new tools and features within the platform that allow me to grow clients and their businesses. With the new features that mailchimp keeps adding in as well, I think they're going to stick around for a long while.

Pros: Mailchimp is incredibly easy to use, and can be taken from setup to launch in less than a day if you put in some effort. While there are platforms with more features than mailchimp, those are A) commonly much much more expensive, and B) harder to use unless you know exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

Cons: Two things: 1. Their removal of the plugin with Shopify was incredibly shortsighted. The vast majority of clients we used mailchimp for were on Shopify, and the connection between the two was one of those beautiful things that kept us coming back and recommending them again and again. Using them has become more difficult since that was removed. 2. If you are trying to go down the rabbithole and target super-specific customers, you may run out of segmentation ability on Mailchimp. At the time of writing this review, you could only combine 5 criteria to create a custom segment, and your segment could only be created as 'user matches all criteria' or 'user matches any of the criterion'. This makes it hard to get your segment just right. However, if you are really needing to make THAT custom of segments regularly (based on past conditional behavior, ESP, etc.) you probably have a bigger budget and can go get one of those fancier email sending platforms.

• Reviewed on 1/1/2020
Geoff B.
VP Marketing
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"Easy to get started, still needs some additional features"

Comments: I've like Mailchimp and how it's pricing is better than most for small businesses. They allow you to build your business without breaking the bank.

Pros: I like how many other products integrate with mailchimp. That makes it really easy as a startup especially in ecommerce. I like that the email creation is WYSIWYG so I can quickly create beautiful emails with zero coding experience.

Cons: I wish it had a journey builder like active campaign and many other email platforms. That would round out mailchimp really nicely and make them my only option for email marketing.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Nate S.
Digital Creative Director
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2019

"Mailchimp is the end all be all..."

Comments: Mailchimp has allowed me to not only grow both my business' engaged clientele base, but also fans of my music and label! It's also allowed me to provide campaigns and reporting for my clients that are easy to understand and digest. With just social, it can be hard to cut through the saturation, but with email marketing, you're going directly to your Interested audience and able to create incentive for them to not only continue to engage, but to share with others. It's been truly amazing.

Pros: The ease of use is off the charts. Aside from that, their pre-fab templates help you get you to market quickly, amazing analytics, integrations and flexibility, and incredible resources to help you learn and become an ESP pro. They make it easy to grow your audience with pop-up forms that can be integrated on your website, or separately, and make it a good point to stick to industry regulations. They're the most robust ESP on the market, and you shouldn't use anything else. Plus, their branding is just fun, and every now and then, they'll do something special for their customers (i.e. free socks and swag).

Cons: There's nothing I dislike about Mailchimp. So long as they continue to grow the integrations and capacity to link with outside vendors and applications, they'll continue to rule the market.

• Reviewed on 5/12/2019
Marketing Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"My Absolute Favorite EMSP"

Comments: I have had an overall GREAT experience with MailChimp. As with any product there will be things that come up, but I have never had a problem with getting them resolved easily and timely with their Customer Service options whether it be through Chat or Email. One of the most significant qualities I have noticed about MailChimp's customer service over all the other EMSP's I've worked with is that THEY WILL ADMIT WHEN SOMETHING IS THEIR FAULT! It is unheard of with these types of companies but they do it, and I have gained so much respect for them as a company because of that.

Pros: What I love most about MailChimp is the amount of services you get for absolutely NO cost. There are endless possibilities of things you can do with this application, and the user interface beats all the others. It is very easy to maneuver and understand for even the most beginner email marketer. The reporting features are phenomenal and with them you are able to provide designer looking reports to clients without even touching them. As a graphic designer, the template creator is definitely the best one I've seen as fair as email marketing applications go, plus they have a variety of pre-designed templates to use that are again, COMPLETELY FREE. I could go on and on about everything I love about MailChimp.

Cons: The one con I have with MailChimp is that it's been hard for me to get used to their recently updated interface, I feel like the terminology and layout makes a little bit less sense than the old interface, but I could also chalk that up to just being comfortable with what I'm used to. Also (and this is hardly a con) when you have a free version of the application, it does require your emails to be sent out with the MailChimp logo at the very bottom of the email. I say this is hardly a con because with everything they are giving you for free it makes sense that they want to try to advertise.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Laura S.
Education Management, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2019

"An easy, professional way to reach your constituents!"

Comments: My overall experience has been very pleasant. Many elements of this tool are intuitive, and you can self-teach many features of this communications tool given the help guidance available. Bravo. The campaigns are easy to create and are polished and professional looking. This has allowed our organization to raise its profile and effectiveness of our main tenant ~ to bring information to, and collect information from our constituents, our school district families, and to bridge this parent base and our school district administration. Good communication and transparency between parents and administrators is of utmost importance. Mailchimp has allowed us to do this most effectively.

Pros: I like the ease and the use of the drag & drop functionality of the elements you can add to any campaign. I also like the formatting options and features to customize each of your messages to your own look and style. Also, being able to embed links, photos, etc. directly into the campaign is of vital importance for our communications. Managing the audience lists is also very user friendly. Tagging different audience members in group is also critical to our use of this communications tool.

Cons: I wish that the uploaded files were easier to manage in that I would like to delete older versions of uploaded files that I no longer need. However, they are "layered" in the Content Manager section and I am not able to un-layer them to delete versions I do not need. I would also like to see the functionality of embedding a simply polling tool, to send and collect feedback from your constituents to constantly better your business.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2019