• Overall
    4.8 /5

About PioneerRX

PioneerRxs mission is to save and revitalize independent pharmacy by making patient care and dispensing competitive and profitable.

Learn more about PioneerRX

Neil S.
  • Reviewed on 1/10/2012

"PioneerRx"

Comments: Love it and Recommend it!

Pros: Price is good and so is the product!

Cons: They have after hours service, but could be better

• Reviewed on 1/10/2012
Duane K.
Owner/pharmacist

"pharmacy software"

Comments: Pioneer is a great system to use for my pharmacy software. When I opened my store 18 months ago, I was looking for a quality program that integrated the possibility of using long term care and compounding along with my everyday retail uses. Pioneer met that goal and has great customer service.

Debbie D.
  • Reviewed on 8/4/2014

"Pharmacy with Pioneer"

Comments: I have used Pioneer for several years now and love this company and its fast service. You can get quick help when needed. They can remote in if any problems you cannot understand or get resolved and have many times done 3 way calls with you and insurance to fix these problem claims problem claims. I have talked with several people about their software and encouraged others to join the Pioneer group. Also have helped tremendous with third party reconciliation that took of too much of my time.

• Reviewed on 8/4/2014
Brittany J.
Certified Pharmacy Technician
Pharmaceuticals
  • Reviewed on 7/3/2018

"I've been impressed with Pioneer since day one. Our old computer software was a nightmare."

Comments: User Friendly and increase in Customer Care

Pros: I love that its user friendly. You can easily train a new employee on the software. It really opens a lot of doors for better customer care. Also, the Software is constantly improving with updates and new features that really keep you up to date and your pharmacy moving forward.

• Reviewed on 7/3/2018
Tamer I.
Pharmacist/ owner
  • Reviewed on 29/5/2018

"I couldn't Imagine starting my pharmacy without the help of Pioneer, They held my hand from day one."

Pros: I love the training they offer for new Techs and i LOVE the support system they have in place. My account manager knows all my staff and she is there always for me. I remember the first couple of weeks how they assigned a person just for me to help me out. #priceless

Cons: I would like to see automated report printed (old will call, cycle counts...) rather than manual printing.

• Reviewed on 29/5/2018
Sara H.
PharmD
  • Reviewed on 19/3/2018

"Love the software and performance"

Comments: Medication sync built in, CMR links, easy to use workflow, easy inventory management, pricing and more!

Pros: I like the price for the amount of services. The direct contact with support for software and hardware services. Compounding templates and billing are much easier to understand and use. Have even been able to teach compounding technicians. Sync integration and support

Cons: more understanding with integrating omnicell and pill packaging for our patients. May just need better training.

• Reviewed on 19/3/2018
Jeremy R.
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2012

"PioneerRX review for Rawls Pharmacy"

Comments: Overall, it's great software. None of the cons are that major, nor would they prevent me from purchasing the program again. I highly recommend pioneerRX.

Pros: The program is very easy to learn. Has most of the features you want in modern pharmacy software. It is easy to see detailed third party claim info. Post edit prevents a lot of lost reimbursement due to errors (especially handy when other pharmacist fill in for you that aren't too familiar with pack sizes, etc). Highly customizable. Nearly every detail of labels and reports can be formatted for your specific needs. Has all the workflow features when you need them, can be turned off when you don't. Really too many features to name each one. As far as support, the phone at pioneerRX is always answered by a person. They are very helpful, plus they are always adding new features to the program making life easier.

Cons: The only feature I have seen in other current software that isn't featured in pioneer is the ability to capture the image of a prescribers signature and attach it to their profile for easy comparison durring verification checks.
There is the occasional "lost" label that never prints, but I have had this issue with other programs as well. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to change a manual price directly, instead of having to enter a sub-screen.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2012
Caroline J.
Pharmacist/ manager
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2017

"User friendly pharmacy software that has lots of extra functions!"

Pros: This software is much more user friendly than other pharmacy software I've used and I've had experience with 3 other brands. If there is a report you need, Pioneer can generate just about any report you need.
There are other functions such as faxing such reports, merging patients, and ease of "batching" refills to be run. Other software I have used made it difficult to edit prescriptions that had been processed. Editing prescriptions is so easy with Pioneer.

Cons: It can be a bit difficult to navigate at first, until you get used to it. I had to make a lot of changes to make the software look and function how I wanted it to.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2017
Raaed H.
pharmacist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/9/2019

"If you have a pharmacy, get PioneerRX"

Comments: Pioneer Rx helps me take care of my patients the best way possible and in a timely manner

Pros: Pioneer offers a ton of features from a simple pharmacy that does simple rx filling to pharmacies that immunize, deliver, MTM and more...
Ease of use and speed is great!

Cons: Not much really. Overall a great program. It covers all my needs. I only wish we could personalize a few features a little more

• Reviewed on 5/9/2019
Traci U.
owner/pharmacist
  • Reviewed on 27/6/2018

"The Pioneer software has prevented errors, saved the pharmacy money and educated me on information."

Pros: I love the many ways we can manipulate the data to fit our needs. I also am very happy with the service provided when calling for help. It is definitely a company with the small business owner in mind. The way the software keeps up with the Rx's-for example if a patient has more than one we get notified and keeps them together. also great for inventory which saves time.

Cons: I cannot think of anything! If I put down something- it would probably be only my ignorance about the system. haha WELL DONE

• Reviewed on 27/6/2018
Terri D.
PHARMACIST
  • Reviewed on 12/3/2018

"Switching software is always challenging , but this switch was worth it!"

Pros: I love the comprehensive reports. I love the ability to easily fax transfers. I love the ease of identifying where prescriptions are in the workflow at a glance. I also like being able to see the POS receipt for each completed prescription. The sync program is the best I've seen. It makes it really easy to convert patients and keep all their maintenance meds together. Customer support is convenient and top notch.

Cons: It is a bit of a challenge getting started. An extra day with trainers would be helpful in the beginning. We switched from 20 years of QS1 and it took a little time to adjust to the different logic. Overall, the system is heads and shoulders above our previous system.

• Reviewed on 12/3/2018
Jonathan K.
Certified Pharmacy Technician
  • Reviewed on 6/3/2018

"PionnerRx makes filling prescriptions and running a pharmacy a breeze"

Pros: I love how intuitive the software is--I had no trouble becoming familiar with it. The features are what truly sets Pioneer apart from the rest. Patient profiles can contain a tremendous amount of information and notations that makes filling prescriptions both easier and quicker. Documentation is customizable from the broadest scope of a particular third party plan all the way down to individual fills of each prescription. Managing inventory is a breeze thanks to the abundance of reporting available. I can't imagine not using Pioneer.

Cons: Honestly, with the weekly updates from Pioneer, there is little room for improvement. They take customer input very seriously and are incredibly prompt in resolving issues or answering questions.

• Reviewed on 6/3/2018
Kara B.
  • Reviewed on 1/2/2018

"PioneerRx gives our pharmacists the tools necessary to provide the highest level care!"

Comments: Central management of numerous stores and higher level of pharmaceutical care due to user friendly data and customizable workflow.

Pros: The numerous workflow options allow you to customize the workflow to meet your store's unique needs and the customer service supports you every step of the way!

Cons: Conversion from RX30 to PioneerRx was difficult. I do not believe we could have planned any better and still there were problems. After 11 months on PioneerRx we still have to have RX30 access for audit purposes because escripts did not transfer in a usable format.

• Reviewed on 1/2/2018
Amar P.
Managing Partner
Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2019

"Best balance of ease of use and security features"

Pros: - Highly customizable workflow
- granular admin, pharmacist and tech access controls
- Custom Rx Audit report make life easy for desk audits
- DIR estimator
- Profit report can be generated factoring in estimated DIR or GER fees
- Cash pricing estimator based on chain competitors near you
- POS and sale data can be accessed from any workstation & POS integrated within Rx module
- Control medication Perpetual Inventory can be maintained within the software ❤
- Training portal gives admin, a clear view of progress in training for each staff member
- Customer ID info is available at the POS window as well as Pharmacist verification screen
- Create patient profile by simply scanning Drivers License
- PMP data submitted automatically
- More secure since program can run without needing windows admin privileges ( helps prevents unauthorized software program installs )

Cons: - Onboarding & maintenance cost is high compared others in the market. ( worth the cost though )
- Patient profile history could use a search feature instead of filtering

• Reviewed on 5/12/2019
Tyler F.
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2012

"Pioneer Rx"

Comments: Great program, but needs some simple tweaks to make it more user friendly of the business side of things.

Pros: Great system integration for interface over multiple platforms.

Cons: Simple programming takes to long to accomplish.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2012
Thuyan "anna" H.
PHARMACY TECH
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2014

"TRACIE PUNDYKE"

Comments: TRACIE HAS BEEN EXCELLENT IN HELPING US THROUGH OUT!

• Reviewed on 31/10/2014
Jonas M.

"review of performance"

Comments: Great product, great service, super ideas, good product for pharmacy use. Everyone at Pioneer has bent over backward to assist my store in the transition from another pharmacy system to theirs.

Al J.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 12/2/2017

"Beware from the Accounting Department"

Comments: I would have rated pioneer a perfect 5 star if it wasn't for a woman from their accounting department. I have always had a great experience with Candace, the equipment set up the team and technical support team.
However, the woman ( from accounting) was no joy to talk to. She was very rude and disrespectful to me when I called her to question the extra month charge on my bill. She kept yelling at me and insisted that I must pay this extra charge simply because I already received a good discount on the purchase of the software. Worst, she added finance charges to that extra charge and couldn't explain to me the reason for this.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 12/2/2017
Travis W.
PIC
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2012

"Travis' Opinion"

Comments: I am very happy I switched to Pioneer Rx. My customers are safer. I am much more informed about the state of a prescription (both financially and where it is in processing). The majority of fill in pharmacists tell me they really enjoy this system and are trying to get their employers to switch as well.

Pros: Searching sales, IOU's, onhand/reordering, receipts is very easy. Has several options you can utilize or ignore with a checkbox depending on your store setup. Complete retrievability of who did what on prescriptions, drugs, sales, etc...due to fingerprint or PIN # requirement. Reconciliation very speedy. Pioneer continually updating their system with improvents.

Cons: Tab buttons while entering third party payments auto default and add extra steps. Total scripts for the day not displayed on main screen yet.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2012
Letetia H.
  • Reviewed on 9/4/2018

"Pioneer is the best pharmacy software I've used to date"

Pros: I love how often they update the software and how many different functions it can perform. It would be much harder to maintain our medication sync program without this software. Customer support is always promptly available.

Cons: Sometimes there are software glitches after an update, but they are usually fixed quickly. Also, it would be great if making your own reports was more user friendly.

Bill C.
  • Reviewed on 29/6/2018

"It is great having a system that is superior to previous systems, particularly the Customer Service."

Pros: Having the reasons to want to pick five stars in each category. It is refreshing to deal with a company that has a great product, terrific Customer Service that you hear from in a matter of minutes, not hours or days. Specialists that are familiar with the answers, and the correct one either responds to you or is gotten on the call. The weekly upgrades are a real benefit as well.

Cons: If PioneerRx could figure out how to stop DIR fees, that would be the ultimate. Since that is probably not going to happen, we will continue to enjoy the best choice we made in recent times by switching to PioneerRx.

• Reviewed on 29/6/2018
Julie S.
  • Reviewed on 26/3/2018

"Easy to use and learn."

Pros: I like how easy it is to use and learn. Can quickly pick up where to find stuff the system does pretty much all I need to perform most tasks I want Pioneer to do. Also Pioneer's eligibility check is so easy and convenient. One of my favorite features. Also love Pioneer's delivery app on the Ipad. Easy to deliver medications and have a list in one place and have an ability to pay while on delivery.

Cons: It would be really nice to be able to submit an automatic text if there is a problem with a prescription, such as it needs a prior authorization. Also a text to show prescriptions are ready, along with the price of prescription would be a neat feature, so people aren't surprised when they get here for the total price.

• Reviewed on 26/3/2018
Terry M.
  • Reviewed on 11/4/2018

"No perfect softward package but this is as close as I have used. Came to DDM because of Pioneer."

Pros: Interface and forthought. For the most part everything is intuitive. Operation is practically flawless which is amazing on a Windows platform-very stable. Even though we primarily use in house support, Pioneer is very responsive when called upon. Higher resolution pill thumbnails are much needed-contrast is poor and makes it difficult to read imprinting

Cons: Higher resolution pill thumbnails are much needed-contrast is poor in some cases and makes it difficult to read imprinting.

• Reviewed on 11/4/2018
Mike H.
Pharmacist/Owner
  • Reviewed on 20/3/2014

"QS1 to Pioneer conversion"

Comments: Anytime you change the initial days are not easy.....as was the case when we changed our pharmacy software from QS1 to Pioneer. It was not easy....but when is change easy???? IT NEVER IS!!! The main thing is 7 months later I am so happy I made the change. There are a lot of reasons why I like Pioneer better now after scratching the surface of it. The reporting features are way easier to use and the I-pad delivery pad for signatures is awesome. At our check station on rx's it lets you know if you have a ndc issue and one click later it reverses the claim puts the rx under the correct ndc that you are now using and prints a new label in a matter of 5 seconds....impressive! The general filling functions are easy to use just hard to change your ways when you are used to looking at a rx a little differently in qs1. Pioneer allows you to create facilities and attach people to them in easy fashion and does a great job of tracking those people in and out with dates and up to actual times of discharge time if you want to go to that point. At the end of the day and you have 5 rx's going to 5 different people at the same facility,..... all you do is print a one page report that charges the rx's to those 5 separate accounts all at the same time and places a delivery signature on those rx's when it is brought back and scanned in. BUT #1 TO ME IS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE.......we actually have just one main person we all call here at the pharmacy at Pioneer and she know our store very well and the people working in it and she also know "Holcomb Pharmacy" ....she knows we have 3 Nursing homes, 1 blister pack facility, and the way our pharmacy operates. Therefore when you call your assigned a contact person that person already has a great idea of how they need to help you, and help they do. I can't say enough about their customer service, it is the difference maker when it comes down to it. All systems can do the general functions of filling rx's but its all those little things that each independent pharmacy is that makes running a pharmacy a challenge. Pioneer takes the time to work one on one with you to make your life easier. I am very satisfied and happy with the change. Last week I asked my primary data entry person and my primary pharmacist what they thought after 7 months and both of them replied that they "would not want to go back." GREAT SYSTEM AND GREAT PEOPLE BEHIND IT SUPPORTING YOU.AT PIONEER RX!!!

Brandee B.
Pharmacy Director
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/4/2018

"I love this software! It is intuitive, functional and I have access to any information I might need."

Comments: Functionality, and improved workflow, reporting and tracking.

Pros: Almost everything! Any data that I need to report out is available and can be customized in a usable format. Pioneer's processes and workflows have decreased our processing times and added the accountability of always knowing where a prescription is at in the workflow. The checking process, the interfaces, and the functionality is top of the line and continually improving. Pioneer offers many features that help us compete with the chains (provider lookup, insurance lookup, driver's license scanning, data submission to immunization registries, sync fill, loyalty plans, etc.). Additionally, they continually add new features or make changes to improve the system. The customer support is amazing! I have not had any issue that couldn't be resolved. Either a solution was already available, or a solution was developed to meet the need. I have never received this kind of responsiveness from any other software vendor. It feels like a partnership.

Cons: I would like to see more detailed training on new functionality. I am always made aware of new features, but sometimes struggle to completely understand all of the steps needed to implement the new features--without calling in to the support line.