simPRO Reviews

by simPRO Software

• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5

About simPRO

simPRO is a powerful field service management software solution that helps trade contractors streamline operations to increase profits.

Learn more about simPRO

Shane B.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2020

"Good Job management software - poor mobile software"

Pros: The software is pretty excellent when it comes to creating, managing and invoicing jobs with day to day clients. Most aspects of the desktop software are quite easy to use and understand. The original setup is quite a task but once you have the system running it works well. It would be hard to loose a job like a papertrail could be lost.

Cons: The mobile platform is rubbish. Constant crashing and syncing errors. From a technician and management perspective the platform either doesnt record any of your information for the day because it failed to sync or it crashes and wont log you in on the day. Constantly resetting the apps database to login and sync my phone. Paper would be faster and more efficient some days.

The worst part about this is the application on android has not had an update since april 2019. (18 Months) It also has an average rating of 1.6 stars with 368 approximate reviews. The company obviously cares very little about its field component.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2020
Helen P.
Sales and Marketing Manager

"simPRO Enterprise Review"

Pros: The ability to access it from anywhere with an internet/data connection.

Cons: I use the desktop version so nothing so far.

by simPRO Software on 13/9/2019

Hi Helen, thanks for your feedback! If you ever need additional help in simPRO, reach out to our Customer Support team or visit the simPRO Help Guide: https://helpguide.simprogroup.com.

Shawn C.
Service Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/9/2019

"Excellent Product!"

Pros: Ease of use, overall a great product. Good support, smooth implementation.

Cons: Like any product, the implementation was a huge task, but overall things went smoothly

by simPRO Software on 20/9/2019

Hi Shawn, thanks for your feedback! We're glad to hear that implementation went smoothly and that you've had an overall good experience with simPRO. If you ever need help with simPRO features, be sure to visit the simPRO Helpdesk (https://helpdesk.simprogroup.com/) to contact Customer Support or to access our Help Guide resources.

• Reviewed on 19/9/2019
Priya B.
IT/Admin Support
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/8/2018

"Streamlined CRM/Fleet Management"

Comments: SimPro is a vast improvement over our previous legacy software. The support and training at the start was helpful in lessening the chaos that comes with making such a huge transition. It is perfect for certain service industries, such as electricians, general contractors, etc.

Pros: Ease of finding available appointments.

Cons: Inability to add important notes to contact record

by simPRO Software on 30/10/2018

Hi there Priya! We are so excited to hear that you are so happy with our product. Regarding your suggestion for improvements we¿d like to direct you to submit it through the simPRO Ideas Portal, which can be found here: http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm If you have any other concerns or issues with your product please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a great day! From, Team simPRO.

• Reviewed on 17/8/2018
Innovation ' Compliance Manager
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/1/2018

"Fantastic, business has been able to grow with zero additional admin cost."

Comments: Too many benefits to outline. it has helped us streamline our business and really push forward. I cant recommend simPRO enough. Now that more features are being developed it is getting stronger and stronger,

Pros: The system is user-friendly and very easy to navigate. They have a great support team that are always available. An open API has allowed us to link the system with other software like Xero, Ground Plan and especially Allsaved Mobile.

Cons: The schedule needs work.

by simPRO Software on 2/5/2018

Hi there, thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear that our service is helping you to improve your business, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with our solutions! With regards to your suggestions for improvement, please do not hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (which can be found at http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm) to lodge your suggestions! We really value our customer¿s ideas and contributions. From, Team simPRO

Jessica M.
Operations
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/7/2020

"Home Automation Use"

Comments: Setup and onsite training was a HUGE help.

Pros: With all our leads, projects and service needs we were able to tie every type of job into one system for accurate billing.

Cons: Reporting seems to be lacking in areas where we'd like to see the data gathered from field technicians into material report.

by simPRO Software on 21/7/2020

Hi Jessica, thank you for your positive feedback! If you ever need additional assistance, visit the simPRO Helpdesk (helpdesk.simprogroup.com) to contact Customer Support or to access our Help Guide resources.

• Reviewed on 20/7/2020
Justin S.
  • Reviewed on 15/3/2018

"Great experience overall! Amazing staff, especially training and support team!"

Pros: Unlike a lot of other job management software we looked at, simPRO offers in-person training and live US support. The software itself is robust and offers plenty of functionality for our painting business, but it really comes down to the training and continued support. We looked at some cheaper options, and although training was an additional expense, it was worth every penny. Without the training, we would have been lost and unable to use the software. The trainers are great and keep training light and are knowledgeable business consultants. Highly recommend!!!

Cons: The user interface and dashboard are a bit dated, but I know the development team is working on updating in the future. Other than that, no complaints! SimPRO runs our whole painting business operations and workflows.

by simPRO Software on 19/4/2018

Hi Justin, thank you for your review. We¿re always happy to see businesses take advantage of our training and support, and even happier when it leaves them feeling confident and satisfied. If you¿ve got any suggestions for further development and improvement of our product, please don¿t hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (which can be found at: http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/Welcome.htm). As always, we appreciate the feedback!

From,

• Reviewed on 15/3/2018
Andrew M.

"Great solution!"

Comments: Our experience has been great. We have been using it for about 6 months tho we have had it over a year. Still learning different things we need to do to get it set up. I wish it was easier to get going out of the gate.

Pros: Bid creation. It is great to be able to pull a part from our catalog and then have a time associated to it and not need to calculate it.

Cons: There are some ease of use issue complaints I have gotten from our team. But once you get a hang of it, it is great. Just a bit of a learning curve from what they are used to.

by simPRO Software on 14/10/2019

Hi Andrew, thanks for your feedback! We're glad to hear that you've had a positive experience with simPRO. If you ever run into any issues or need help with any simPRO features, visit the simPRO Helpdesk (https://helpdesk.simprogroup.com/) to contact Customer Support or to access our Help Guide resources.

Carl V.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 11/1/2018

"The best software I ever got, been using a year and has transformed my business."

Pros: I have tried all of them and this is truly cloud based, it keep all my suppliers, customers, employees and subcontractors details in one place and tracks all reminders like contracts and certificates and suppliers insurances and training need.
The quoting system is the best we have used and it produces great looking quotes very easily.
Once you have secured a project costing a job from labour to materials and subcontractors is effortless. We use it for jobs from £75 to £5m and everyone in our business loves it.
It give you complete visibility on profit and costs.
We also use it to create all purchase orders, subcontract orders and everyone in the business does there time sheet on it, my payroll now takes 60 minutes as opposed most of the day.
We have saved more than the cost of this software in admin costs alone, the pricing model is great as you can kick off for just £70 per month. We all invoice and raise progress applications on it and do all our debt collection. We also manage our vehicle fleet, plant and have clients who log in to give us work and also monitor their assets we maintain. It has a task feature which is average and we don't use it for project management as there are much better free online soltuions for Gantt charts etc. It is very powerful and so will seem daunting for smaller companies And technophobes, but in reality I taught my 10 year old to use it in 5 mins. I used Trimble before this.

Cons: Word processing could be slicker but there is an easy Work around. Rest of bugs they have resolved, it gets constant updates and upgrades.

by simPRO Software on 2/5/2018

Hi Carl, wow! Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. We¿re so happy to see just how much our business has helped you, and how satisfied you are with our service. With regards to your comments on Word processing, feel free to contact our support team on 0800 622 6376 if you require assistance, otherwise, please don¿t hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (which can be found at http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm) to put your suggestions in about how we could improve! From, Team simPRO.

Wesley B.
Technical Lead
  • Reviewed on 5/9/2019

"This system works perfect for our business"

Comments: 1 - Sales Guy : I'm super happy that rep came out to help me sell this software to the owners of my company. We had an awesome chat and he supported me time and time again. We did face difficulties in some parts of the implementation, but rep did an awesome job of feidling my questions and providing answers.
2 - Onsite Phase 1: We feel entirely honored that we had the opportunity to be brought into this system with our on-site trainer. He has been with simPRO for quite some time and has a lot of great experience. The solutions he delivered to us in our routine were exactly what we needed to progress.
3 - Support: Everyone on my team loves the fact that we can call and bug someone about this software and we are welcomed to do so. The support staff are happy to answer questions, they make me feel like they are literally on my team whenever I have questions. We both look our current system and find the exact solution to whatever issue I have had.

Pros: I am able to customize and report on about pretty much everything I could possibly desire. We are all very happy with the way this system handles assets, we will be able to move our entire previous work history into these notes as it pertains to site location. We don't really care who owns the property. Our service life is about 10 years, it is very normal that owners change. This system organizes information perfectly to suite our needs.

Cons: We had a very unique QuickBooks system that had many quirks. I am a troubleshooter by heart and couldn't rest until we discovered a way to take the info kept in QuickBooks and bring it to simPRO. Ultimately, this was discovered to be double duty and not worth the effort. In the defense of simPRO - they did advise me that this was the case. I was very stubborn. Looking back on that experience it definitely went as well as it possibly could considering how much I was 'addicted' to that information. It did turn out that the route of not importing that work history, due to its complexity, was the right decision.

Hi Wesley,
Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that simPRO is suiting your business needs. If you need any additional assistance, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support team.

• Reviewed on 5/9/2019
John S.
Sales and Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 30/9/2019

"SimPro Suite is a CRM that Provides a Great Software and Excellent Supprt"

Comments: All clients and leads are easily entered. The site locations are very important since we may deal with a Property Management firm, that has several sites. Each site a specific entity, ie., LLC or related corporate entity. Sites have different Property Managers, Building Supers and in many cases different Purchasing Managers and Account managers.

Pros: Our company, Tesco Fire Services, Inc., has been using SimPro for several years. As a sales and marketing manager, I used SimPro as a tool for leads, prospects and eventually clients. It worked fine for me.
Implementation Consultant with SimPro visited our office a few weeks ago and introduced me to so much more SimPro has to offer. She showed me all I was missing and how to make SimPro more effective from a sales standpoint. Also, how SimPro enhances our quoting, service calls, billing, invoicing and most of all customer service. She is a first class professional. Her knowledge of SimPro is solid and her enthusiasm is infectious. She combines knowledge with humor. Especially for someone like me that is not a technological person to begin with.
Thanks to her and team SimPro is making our lives easier, cost efficient and dependable.

Cons: I could lie and make something up, but that would be counterproductive. I like SimPro the way it is.

by simPRO Software on 3/10/2019

Hi John, thank you for your glowing review of simPRO! We are thrilled to hear that simPRO has been helpful for you over the years. We are also happy to hear your praise for our Implementation Consultant. If you ever need help with any simPRO features, be sure to visit the simPRO Helpdesk (https://helpdesk.simprogroup.com/) to contact Customer Support or to access our Help Guide resources.

• Reviewed on 30/9/2019
Tyler B.
COO
Security & Investigations, 51-200 Employees

"Great Product for SMB"

Comments: It is pretty good. The support improved with the transition from Australia to local US support. Things have sort of gone backward since rep left though and now the support isn't the same and I really believe that a lot of it has to do with the fact that rep had done so many implementations that he knew the different ways to skin the cat to achieve implementation objectives.

Pros: Ease of use, functionality, easy to scale up and down with the software.

Cons: I hate the fact that I cannot remove the ability by security group to download whatever is on the screen. This is a huge data info/sec problem. For a business product I should have the ability to limit employee's ability to download a CSV file from any screen effectively handing out my pipeline, customer list, etc to whomever they want. There should be some control for this and this is almost to the point where the product is unusable because of security requirements we have from our own customers.

by simPRO Software on 16/9/2019

Hi Tyler, thanks for your feedback! We have contacted our US Customer Success team about your concern, and someone will be in contact with you to work through this. If there is anything else you need, please visit the simPRO Helpdesk (https://helpdesk.simprogroup.com/) to speak with Customer Support via phone or chats, or to access the Help Guide resources.

Joel A.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2019

"simPRO works well for our us"

Comments: The software has really improved the overall functionality of our business as a whole. There are flaws in the simPRO Enterprise software... but I would still say that it is the best software for our business, that I could see. We tried many other software packages... and none of them had as many features and worked as well with our workflow.

Pros: The workflow in simPRO is quite comprehensive and yet logical. We love the ability to turn a lead into a quote... then track it into a job, and to an invoice and payment. The fact that our staff can login to the software anywhere in the world makes working on the road so easy. Quoting in simPRO can be easy and straightforward when the software is set up properly. The simPRO Mobile App is logical and easy for our technicians to add time and materials to in the field. The ability to easily add photos and attachments to the job is a nice feature. Also, tracking asset information and test readings is another great feature. Invoicing is logical and fairly easy. Taking payments and giving credit memos is also very easy to do. Inventory management, purchase orders, vendor receipts and vendor invoices are all handled quite well. We struggle keeping up with our vendor receipts, but we like the workflow. We also like the project management aspect of the software.

Cons: Learning the software was hard for a lot of our employees. Although the software is logical, it's not always straightforward to do certain tasks. Because simPRO is such a global software, certain features do not always translate to Canadian business practice. We find the inventory management part of the software to be a little overwhelming.... and adding/removing parts on work orders can be hard.

by simPRO Software on 14/10/2019

Hi Joel, thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that simPRO has helped your business in so many areas of your workflow. If you ever run into any issues or need help with any simPRO features, visit the simPRO Helpdesk (https://helpdesk.simprogroup.com/) to contact Customer Support or to access our Help Guide resources.

Robert S.
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2019

"SimPRO and ProSec Integration"

Comments: SimPRO is a great tool to use for the type of business we operate. It helps us manage material and labor costs very effectively. Once you are properly trained and understand how the system works, preparing quotes is quick and the documents are professional looking.

Pros: Job costing is an important concern for us and SimPRO does an excellent job of tracking job costs. We are hoping for continual development in the ease of use for tracking labor and time on the job, but overall, SimPRO does a great job of job cost management.

Cons: Seems clunky and non-intuitive at first and training from SimPRO after the initial roll out is not complimentary and quite costly. Also, there are some features that I wish could be improved, such as contract / agreement integration and a more intuitive way to find / locate jobs on the fly using the mobile app. I am looking forward to the rollout of the new SimPRO Mobile app, which may address the later concern.

by simPRO Software on 21/10/2019

Hi Robert, thanks for your feedback. We're glad that simPRO has helped your business with job costing. Regarding searching for jobs, the new simPRO Mobile app not only eases tracking of labor time, but it also allows users to search for jobs that are scheduled or assigned to you and all pending and progress jobs. Check out this page for more details: https://www.simpro.us/solutions/simpro-mobile.

We also appreciate your feedback on the initial implementation and training. We understand it's a time and financial commitment. Because simPRO touches every area of your business, allowing 4-5 days of training means we can work through your unique workflow to customize the content to specifically align with your business goals. We ensure everyone on your team understands how to get the most from simPRO, so you can get up and running as quickly as possible.

Tim B.
Senior Manager
  • Reviewed on 11/1/2018

"Great piece of software - recommended to several clients."

Comments: Need to be committed to change and get buy in from everyone involved to make the most of its functionality.

Pros: Allows businesses to track profitability by Job and links with accounting software like Xero. However, real power is that it completely organises the business and deals with all the annoying admin. This allows a business to grow without adding the extra admin.

by simPRO Software on 2/5/2018

Thanks for your feedback, Tim! We¿re always glad to hear that our solutions are improving businesses and their operations. From, Team simPRO.

Managing Director
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2017

"NOT a project management software"

Pros: Can not say we had any pro come from using simpro very much let down. Plenty of other software packages out there

Cons: Would not recommend to anyone to use. we operate as a commercial electrical company with 20 employees and it could not project manage our work.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2017
Peter T.
gm
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/8/2018

"Very Poor"

Comments: Do not use it

Pros: The promise of what it could of been. It has potential and we trialed it for a while. We like the fact that everything is on one place, ie customers staff and costs.

Cons: Expensive as you have to sign up with full training and access to trial it. Very expensive mistake as we could not get it to work reliably

by Madeline Reynolds on 30/10/2018

Hi Peter, it’s very disappointing to hear that you feel our solutions did not match your business needs. We pride ourselves on working with our customers to ensure that our solutions work optimally for them, their team and their business. We’d like to direct you to please contact your closest simPRO Customer Success team (their details can be found here: http://helpdesk.simprogroup.com/) so that we can discuss your feedback and how to better improve your satisfaction with simPRO’s solutions. Looking forward to speaking with you soon! From, Team simPRO.

• Reviewed on 31/8/2018
Audrina C.
Project Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 22/7/2020

"Great Customer Service and Software"

Pros: I appreciate all of the assistance we have received while implementing the simPro software. Many people in my office are visual learners and I think it's wonderful that there is on-site training on how to use the software.

Cons: Integrating our old software to simPRO was difficult due to our old software running on DOS. However, we did receive a lot of assistance with how to best input our data into the new software.

by simPRO Software on 23/7/2020

Hi Audrina, thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear the on-site training was helpful for your staff. If you ever need additional assistance, visit the simPRO Helpdesk (helpdesk.simprogroup.com) to contact Customer Support or to access our Help Guide resources.

• Reviewed on 22/7/2020
Megan B.
  • Reviewed on 16/6/2017

"Good support. Good functionality. Easy integration with Qbo"

Pros: Easy to schedule my Service jobs and recurring jobs. Invoicing takes no time at all. Quotes are easy.

Cons: Inventory management is difficult in my business. Also forgot to hit save a few times and lost my quote. Learnt that lesson!

by simPRO Group on 19/6/2017

Thanks for the feedback Megan! Please let us know if you'd like our Customer Success team to work with you to see if we can make inventory management smoother for your business.

• Reviewed on 16/6/2017
Kristin D.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 7/5/2018

"Robust Software with Outstanding Customer Support!"

Pros: Great for Flat Rate or Time & Materials, or both! Great equipment tracking, inventory tracking, allows custom fields, setup has a lot of choices to fit your needs, Great on-boarding and training team, Very user friendly, easy to navigate. Highly recommend.

Cons: I think with any software change, there is a lot of time spent up front in setting up. Plan on taking time to get setup and know that once you lay a great foundation, it will be well worth it.

by simPRO Software on 30/10/2018

Hello Kristin!
Thanks for your review, we¿re really glad to hear you¿re liking our solutions. If you do have any questions or concerns at any point, please do not hesitate to contact your national simPRO Customer Success team, or head to our helpguide which is designed to answer any and all simPRO questions. It can be found at: http://helpdesk.simprogroup.com/.

From,

• Reviewed on 7/5/2018
Lisa F.
Key Account Manager/Supply Chain Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/8/2017

"simPRO is a great tool."

Pros: I have found simPRO to be a very easy to use program. All our needs are looked after with the one product.

• Reviewed on 17/8/2017
Frank B.
  • Reviewed on 6/9/2019

"simPRO makes money"

Comments: Great team and great support

Pros: My profit margins have significantly increased since implementation. The software is easy to use, intuitive and provides a universal platform for all employees to work from.

Cons: There is nothing I am not satisfied with

by simPRO Software on 13/9/2019

Hi Frank, thank you for your fantastic review! We're happy to hear that simPRO has been a success for your business.

• Reviewed on 6/9/2019
Michael S.
Construction Manager
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2018

"Great productivity tool for dispatch and tracking"

Pros: Our company was growing and we began looking for software to track and manage our field technicians. We tried out many different softwares on the market. As soon as we tried SimPro we knew it was the software for us. We've been using this software since 2015 and it has streamlined our scheduling, dispatch, and invoicing. Additionally, it allows live tracking of technicians. After technician completes the job, there is no paperwork to deal with and all the information is synced to our office immediately.

Cons: While SimPro has a great staff and video tutorials that will help train you, it is a robust software and has many features that will take some time to learn.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2018
Nicole P.
Machinery, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/9/2019

"So many uses"

Pros: I love being able to integrate all the processes, from my technicians time, to purchase orders, to inventory tracking, and customer asset management. Simpro offers a robust system, with more features than we will probably ever be able to use.

Cons: As our company has grown, we have had to add several users, causing what was a reasonable price to be quite expensive now.
Technicians and sales app doesn't always cooperate especially in areas of poor cell service.

by simPRO Software on 24/9/2019

Hi Nicole! Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that you have been able to integrate your processes with simPRO. In regards to issues with cell service, our updates to simPRO Mobile allow you to work offline and then sync your information once your connection is re-established. If you continue to have issues or if there is anything else we can assist with, please reach out to simPRO Customer Support via online chats or phone.

• Reviewed on 13/9/2019
Elizabeth D.
Office Administration
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/7/2020

"Great Customer Service"

Comments: From the beginning everyone I have worked with has been incredible. If they don't have an answer for you right at the moment they will always go back to the drawing board and figure a solution out for you. They are customer focused and truly do whatever they can to make your company run smoothly.

Pros: Their customer service is awesome. There are so many different ways to get in touch with someone and they're quick to respond.

Cons: There are some aspects of it that make a little difficult for pool companies to operate from, but just makes you think outside of the box and change your business structure.

by simPRO Software on 22/7/2020

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for taking the time to review simPRO! We're happy to hear that you've had such a positive experience with our Customer Support team.

• Reviewed on 21/7/2020