15 years helping Irish businesses

Ireland Local product

Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk Reviews

4.4 (561) Write a Review! Ireland Local product

About Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Download free IT help desk software for IT pros & sysadmins around the world in all businesses. Support & mobile apps also free.

Learn more about Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Pros:

Integrated decently with Exchange. Very low cost and a good KB.

Cons:

The biggest con is that if you have a "team" in your Spiceworks, it's a bit of a pain to get the inventory cross-team.

Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk ratings

4.3
4.2
4.2
4.6

8.5/10

Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 561 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk before?

Joshua
Joshua
System Administrator in UK
Banking, 51–200 Employees

Ever looking for an IT Asset Management App to use ..... Spiceworks has it all

Comments: My life became easy when I stated using Spice work to update all the IT assets, as I can add new devices from anywhere and monitor who was assign to a particular device for tracking and report documentation.

Pros:

The beauty of updating IT Assets all in one place from Mobile device to Laptops to Printers and the ability to save credentials for assessing those devices in a shot note for easy of continuity.

Cons:

I haven't find any fault using the app, so there is non for me to write

john
IT Consultant in Netherlands
Computer Networking, Self Employed

SpiceWorks Cloud IT helpdesk for free!

Comments: Spiceworks IT Helpdesk Cloud version does everything I want from a cloud based Ticketing system so even though its lacking some features which I hope will get added soon as ive mentioned earlier it does do everything you would expect from a basic IT Support helpdesk ticketing system. So if your looking for a free IT helpdesk solution I would really try out Spiceworks offering and also take a look at there cloud hosted version which I use myself.

Pros:

Spiceworks ive used the community for years now so when I found there IT Helpdesk I started to use it but I then stopped for a while until there cloud IT Helpdesk came out which for me works best as I dont need to worry about hosting anywhere. So now I have a great IT helpdesk for my clients to log tickets with all for free!

Cons:

The only Con to Spiceworks IT Helpdesk was that I was initially released as a windows installer which didnt really work for my business as I dont have my own servers, it wasnt until the Cloud IT helpdesk version came out that I then started to use Spiceworks IT helpdesk again as my client IT helpdesk solution. Its also lacking some features you would see in premium solutions but it does the basics and works for my IT Consultancy business.

Sara
Engineer in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

A good ticketing system!

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk is a really good choice if you need to manage tickets and need an efficient system. The interface is intuitive and you learn fast how to use. You can customize the alerts and other features to better fit your organization needs. You can also use the interface via mobile/tablet and interact without problems (I mean "it fits well"). Thumbs up!

Pros:

Among the ticketing system for helpdesk purpouses, I think spiceworks is one of the best. The interface is quite simple and you will learn fast how to use and manage the tickets. Obviously there are many other features (for example managing users, creating reports), but I always use it as ticketing systems. Customers may send an email or log to interface with their accounts and open or update a ticket. You will reply to them via web interface and of course you can (and they can) attach files and images, in a fast and easy way. You can assign to others / deassing the tickets in case of need.

Cons:

I preferred the on premise version but it is not available anymore

Josh
IT Support Specialist in US

Awesome IT Help Desk software, horrible inventory system.

Pros:

Spiceworks is great for managing help desk tickets. Using HTML we've been able to customize our end-user portal. Create multiple ticket templates to capture the details we truly need from end-users. We have found that the mobile application for iOS and Android to be the best on the market. It has a great GUI, very user friendly, informative, and easy to set up.

Cons:

The inventory system is lacking when it comes to producing accurate information. At one point this year we were upgrading our end users to dual monitors. We attempted to use Spiceworks to produce the make and model of the current monitor the end users were using. It came back telling us a generic description. I ended up writing a batch file that would obtain them remotely and that was accurate. We've also had issues where it would scan a computer that had 2 monitors but would only show one. We also went through a license key audit and thought we could rely on Spiceworks to produce accurate results. It ended up showing us that several computers had 3 iterations of office installed. I understand that these keys are in the registry but other similar scanners would only produce keys for whats actually installed on the workstation by cross-referencing installed applications and registry keys. We recently have been experiencing issues where Spiceworks would attempt to scan 180 assets and it would fail to complete the scan without errors. We found this out by using WSUS to determine how many computers we had and Spiceworks was off by 30 assets of the 180. At least twice a week it also locks up and our end users can't access the help desk portal to submit tickets. We've chosen to use LanSweeper to track assets. LanSweeper produced accurate results in a fraction of the time Spiceworks produced incomplete results. Spiceworks took 8+ hours, LanSweeper <30 minutes.

Fabruzio
Technician in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Manage your tickets with Spicework Cloud Help Desk

5.0 last month New

Comments: I use Spiceworks Cloud Help desk via computer but also via mobile phone, and i am able to have a look and interact with ticket even if I am not at the office, I think it's a very important feature having a well done website.

Pros:

Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk is crucial, speaking about ticket management. Customers can open and update their tickets via email or via web interface in a fast and easy way. The dashboard allows to view and manage - of course - the tickets, assign them, update and attach files, add comments (that won't be visible to customers), you can also view statistics and make reports. And if you are an administrator you can add new user and set their permissions. The interface is clean and you immediately know how it works (so, even a newbie can be operational really soon). Highly recommended.

Cons:

There is not an on premise version (they stop supporting it some years ago)

Matthew
Director of IT in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Help Desk Where You Want It

Comments: Starting a new role in the organization that had no Help Desk and no history or structure; Spiceworks proved to be the single biggest one thing that could be done right that would yeild improved IT services to the organization. User responsibility shifted to reporting IT issues using email and overall satisfaction improved and service impacting issues due to weaknesses in infrastructure, bad procedures or mislaid processes were identified by the ticketing system and corrected.

Pros:

I started using Spiceworks in the cloud and then copied the database and importing it to our VM and lost nothing. It is an efficient and easy to use platform. Adding techs and break-fix categories to track what needs to be improved proved to be successful. This allows IT to focus on root cause and then to deploy solutions to prevent the same.

Cons:

The reports need to be streamlined to remove redundancy. Quantity is not always a good thing and by compressing and focusing on key areas the reporting could be a lot better and less fractured.

Patrick
System Admin in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Best ticketing system

Comments: This tool has been great for us. It’s very user friendly which was better then other ticketing systems we looked at. It’s been very beneficial to be able to keep track of our tickets. One huge benefit is the use of the mobile tool to be able to access and our modify the ticket when our users are on call

Pros:

Great tool for ticketing system. Being a small company we used excel to track calls and troubleshooting with customers and we needed a better solution to keep track of all the calls and tickets created. It’s been great that we can access this in office and on our mobile device to refer to past notes in a ticket when we are on call. One benefit that we love is adding and modifying fields in the ticketing system to keep track of certain information of the customer

Cons:

Having gone from tracking our own calls manually this has been a huge benefit and we haven’t noticed any downsides to using this.

Shayla
Shayla
Human Resources Specialist in US
Internet, 1,001–5,000 Employees

It works well for a small business support desk

Comments: The UI is intuitive and easy to use, especially if you're new to helpdesk software. It's easy to use and efficient, making it ideal for a company with a small support staff. It's simple to use; I was able to set up my agents and ticket alerts and begin receiving tickets in a matter of minutes.

Pros:

For internal clients, we rely only on Spiceworks as our ticket-based support system. If a user experiences a problem that can be resolved by IT, they need only visit the site and, in a matter of seconds, create a ticket that includes screenshots and other information that will aid us in fixing the problem as soon as possible.

Cons:

My only gripe is that it is not simple to view all tickets in one place, regardless of their status, using the "my tickets" feature.

Paul
IT Manager in US
Shipbuilding, 51–200 Employees

Spiceworks - Ticket management

Comments: It is actually hosted by Spiceworks, so nothing local. Setup was very simple. It is used everyday. I can create tickets, there is a page for users to create tickets and they can be created via email. Once a ticket is created, you are notified by email. Very useful and simple.

Pros:

It is free. It works better than some of the others that I have tried. It is completely configurable for whatever category you need. Always works. Perfect for a simple ticketing system.

Cons:

Since it is free, there are ads that show on website. Not really an issue. Not as granular as some of the others.

Robert
Robert
Systems Administrator in Canada
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Ideal free helpdesk for small to medium businesses

Comments: Overall I have been very happy with Spiceworks, especially the community of users.

Pros:

It's impossible to beat the cost of free. The product is well designed and functions extremely well for the job it is designed for.

Cons:

Larger IT departments won't be able to route tickets to specific teams. It would be very nice if spiceworks could expand its offering to include sub service desks etc.

Amber
IT Project Assistant in US
Consumer Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Very User-Friendly

Comments: It's been great. Since we've started using this (about a year ago) it has definitely improved our productivity, communication, and efficiency as an entire IT dept.

Pros:

Oh, where to start! I love that anyone in our company can email a specific address that we have set up to forward from Spiceworks and it will automatically forward it to everyone on the IT team so we don't have to continue checking the actual software every 5 minutes. Also, when someone responds, it goes directly to the ticket assignee's email and we can respond from either the platform or our emails. It's also nice that it sends reminders of open tickets or things that have been untouched for a while. I like the dashboard to see the frequency of opened/closed tickets, as well as see which issues are the most prominent. The actual tickets have areas to specify the category of the issue as well as a 3rd party ticket# so it's easy to find. There is also a knowledge base that we can refer to people who have had similar problems as others in the past. And everything is in the cloud so we don't have to host anything to ensure that it's saved :) They just added a remote session option too which could come in super handy when troubleshooting an issue. Oh, and I like that it has internal as well as public notes and it saves a history of everything so can go back and revisit a closed ticket that was taken care of months ago.

Cons:

The attachments are a little finicky. As in, it doesn't allow "inline" attachments (for when I want to show a screenshot in the middle of my explanation). And if I want to download a screenshot from a ticket, I have to right-click it and save (not a big deal) rather than just click on the print icon that's usually present in other attachment previews on different sites (like Gmail, per say). But honestly, I haven't really dealt with many other IT ticket help desk platforms so I don't really have anything to compare it to. The only other things I don't like are things that are user-error based. Like how if we don't update the category or the ticket type in the actual ticket, the proper stats won't show in the dashboard.

Victor
IT Manager in Venezuela
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Spiceworks a great Help Desk suite with AiO preset that'll transform IT units into Rockstars!

Comments: I would recommend Spiceworks since can give you details that some other apps might be skipping out just like agent-less scanning that provides complete system details, including things like license keys for Microsoft software and toner levels on printers, the ability to manage Active Directory users and policies.
For sure the Purchasing tracking system will give you a hand to develop the IT Budget and track down your top ten assets requirements.

Pros:

The ticketing system works great you can set categories and customize the SLA's at your convenience and with the reporting tool you can build your own Ticket time tracking charts and accomplishment report of tickets assigned and complete that works great for newly IT departments that want to leverage their support standards. It includes a user portal so people can keep track of their tickets but also allows tickets creation/update via email which makes things so simple for the end user you can customize this portal with the company logo and preset the auto response message using HTML code. We have been using the inventory feature which is really robust gives plenty details about the IT assets and their warranties. You can set networks scans and Spiceworks will give you very detailed information about everything on your network.

Cons:

Spiceworks software network management needs a lot of the time it is discovering items that you have no interest in managing remotely and yet it keeps finding stuff and bringing it to your attention. The ability to manually add inventory items gets overlapped for the constant network scanning. Spiceworks could open up their code a bit more. Since some specific needs that wouldn't be difficult to integrate/allow but that aren't done with the OpenSource collaboration to add more features and solve the lack of some specific UX desirable features.

Nathan
Network Infrastructure Manager in UK
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201–500 Employees

Best bang for Buck IT Ticket System for infrastructure support

Comments: Spiceworks filled the void where we relied on email for managing internal IT support cases, it's was a significant improvement for issue tracking and managing workloads. It's completely free you just need the hardware to host / run their solution. For anyone who is using email or teams channels to manage internal support cases just stop and switch to spiceworks. The issues with spiceworks is it's very limited on functionality, there's no round [sensitive content hidden] assignments, holidays rotas and multiple dashboards for split teams. It's a very basic ticket system ideal for small teams but don't let that put you off as it's trivial to install & configure and best of all it's completely free.

Pros:

It's very easy to install & configure, their documentation on initial setup is straight forward and overall it's easy to use. It's a very basic ticket solution however it's completely free, if you're without a ticket system and just need something to get you away from emails then you'd be daft not to try it.

Cons:

The lack of advanced functionality you find in paid rival solutions, round [sensitive content hidden], holiday rota, multiple teams and advanced reporting / dashboards are none existent.

Demitri
US
Computer Software

Essential to my daily function

Pros:

This is a free product, which in itself is impressive when you consider what you are being offered. In addition to a customizable ticketing system, you are given an inventory system, and a newly added network monitoring function which so far has been nothing short of impressive (Until now I have been using PRTG Monitor, which in itself is a wonderful tool, but not free.) The initial setup is very easy, and and Spiceworks as a service has very low hardware requirements, meaning you can run it on an older laptop fairly well. The reporting function is a massive lifesaver, as it can help you generate a flexible list of everything from tickets (very flexible in what you want displayed, and how you want it sorted,) to your IT inventory (sorted by office location, purchase date, etc.) The ability to send these reports to our company's upper management to show hours spent on particular projects per month, or what assets need to be replaced due to original purchase date, is a very big plus. The community portal itself is full of helpful people who are always willing to share their knowledge. On multiple occasions where I had to find a solution to a technical problem, I found people who were quickly able to pull more details from each instance, and provide a brief list of solutions in a fairly short amount of time. When you are backed against a wall, this can be a massive lifesaver.

Cons:

Plugin compatibility. Some older plugins may no longer work well with newer version of the software, as well as some of the newest plugins requiring the latest update, but these are just minor nitpicks.

Omar
IT Server Administrator in Mexico
Plastics, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent Help Desk, Easy To Implement

Comments: We needed a help desk that was not only to record computer problems, but we also wanted to help us have greater visibility of the IT environment, computers that fail more, more common failures in the equipment and take advantage of that information to improve. Is very easy to implement, has integration with active directory and the visibility it gives you of the IT environment. The web site has a very complete guide for its installation and deployment. The tool goes beyond a simple help desk as you can have there Your inventory of equipment (hardware and software) and for example uninstall applications from the help desk.

Pros:

It is a very complete help desk allows you to have a great visibility of what is happening with the statistics of category breakdown, work by engineer, attention time, etc.. In addition you can create an internal knowledge base, allows you to have your inventory of equipment, reports, purchase records associated with a ticket, etc.. It is very easy to use for the end user because he only has to send a mail to a specific email address and his ticket is registered in the system. It is very stable and reliable.

Cons:

It takes time to adjust it to your needs, but it has a great forum where everyone helps you.

Guillermo
IT Director in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

So far one of the best helpdesk system I tried

Comments: So far, it very helpful, I easy can track problems and present reports base on the number of tickets. Very helpful

Pros:

It is not that complicated to track your time and the money you could earn, I can add categories and users with a click, alerts and more

Cons:

The mobile app needs some improvements, also no iPad size yet, currently I am using a Samsung tab S8 ultra, the ads are taking mostly of the screen.

Armando
Armando
Network Manager in Paraguay
Computer Networking, 11–50 Employees

Complete suite of administrative tools for your Network

Comments: Thanks to Spiceworks I was able to control each asset and foresee any problem, be it licensing or errors. The continuous monitoring of my services gives you peace of mind

Pros:

With spiceworks CM version I was able to register all the devices on my network, monitor their performance and record all my assets. My users can open tickets oriented to our services.

Cons:

It can be a bit lengthy to configure all the tools since it has a high number of variables. Ads hide good design. The translation is not entirely good.

Aaron
IT Support in US
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 51–200 Employees

Spiceworks Help Desk is very user friendly and is a great cost effective ticketing system.

Comments: A cost effective IT HelpDesk ticketing system, that allows our business to track issues, increase productivity and keep track of our IT inventory.

Pros:

Very easy to use and the initial setup and normal operation is user friendly enough to where even a novice user could get it working for their needs. When it comes to Help Desk software, you can't beat the low price of FREE! There is a large pool of add-ons and user created plugins that will fill in the blanks to add additional functionality. If you get stuck on an issue while using Spiceworks Help Desk, the official email support and user forums are very helpful. Helps you keep track of inventory. Overall if you are looking for a cost effective HelpDesk ticketing solution for a small/medium business, you can't go wrong here.

Cons:

Users have reported that on very large networks the initial network scan can take days to complete. Official support is limited to email or user forums. You can't hire an expert through Spiceworks to help set up or configure Spiceworks Help Desk to meet your needs. It is up to you to figure it out.

Matthew
Software Developer in South Africa
Construction

Fantastic IT Help Desk Solution

Comments: It has been a good way to track tickets and gives us the basic information as to how many tickets we are closing per week

Pros:

Myself and my team have been using Spiceworks for the last 2 years now as our Help Desk Ticketing software solution. We have now also recently changed over to their cloud version of this software which incredibly is also free and still have zero issues with the software. To date, it has never let us down. Spiceworks software delivers all the functionality we need out of a Help Desk Solution and is still running strong for us. We manage over a 500 tickets daily through this software and have never found to have had any technical issues with it.

Cons:

I do however have only one small issue and that is I wish it had better sorting of submitted tickets and improved search capabilities. Otherwise this software is amazing and only look forward to any future updates they may have for us.

Peter
Software Project Manager in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Spiceworks keeps me always alert and well informed of the workings of my teams at all times.

Comments: It is an excellent system that gives me the opportunity to visualize the state of my network, which allows me to be always informed, updated and alert to any inconvenience that our equipment may present. We have been able to monitor our servers and switches using any agent that is installed on each one. With Spiceworks I have been able to scan all network devices and desktop computers with windows in a very simple way.

Pros:

This system is very easy to use and configure, even for users who are just starting out in these activities. It has the main property of always keeping us informed of the state in which our servers and switches are located and in case of any problem Spiceworks will alert us even before it occurs. Another feature that has benefited us is that it is not necessary to log on to an individual computer, we just have to open the system and be able to buy everything. It is a fully automatic system and we can use it from any type of device that is integrated into a browser compatible with the system, provided that the data is hosted on the computers of the internal network of our company.

Cons:

Sometimes the system can become a bit slow, especially when we access the system through low-income or old-order ones.

Richard
IT Mgr in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Free, Reliable and Easy to use Helpdesk

Comments: Easy, Reliable and Free Helpdesk Software

Pros:

We love Spiceworks Helpdesk. It is so easy to use, feature rich, and reliable. It allows our user to submit a helpdesk via e-mail or by using our spiceworks helpdesk portal. We have multiple technicians and departments, so once a ticket comes in it can be assigned to a certain technician or department automatically based on rules we assign. Certain technicians can see all tickets while others can only see their own, which is good for security and privacy issues. You can add notes and attachments to tickets and also add KB article or replies you post frequently so you don't have to retype common replies or solutions over and over again.

Cons:

Sometimes it will run into an issue where the spiceworks page will be down but usually it is easy to resolve or a quick reboot will fix it.

Excellent product, free and top notch support

Pros:

Can't beat the price. You have the flexibility to operate your helpdesk "in-house" or use their hosted platform. Either way you will have a full featured, customizable helpdesk with a user portal. At its minimal setup, you can be up and running in under an hour. If you have more work to do, you can easily build it to suit your needs. If you need additional functionality, you can always install one of many plugins.

Cons:

Though the community is awesome, many of the useful plugins over the years have been abandoned by their creators. Since these are built and maintained by the users of the community, these are often made to address a specific issue, and not many are kept up with "fixes". It would be great if Spiceworks worked a bit more on incorporating the most used ones into their software natively.

Individual & Family Services, 51–200 Employees

Spiceworks is awesome!

Comments: It's amazing that the software is free. We were able to implement a proper help desk system with all the features we needed at no cost. The Spiceworks online community is amazing. The knowledge available there is as good as any other source on the Internet.

Pros:

It's free. The help desk functionality does exactly what it's supposed to do. Users can submit tickets via email or through a portal, and support staff are notified and can acknowledge the tickets right away. When ticket updates are entered promptly, it provides excellent visibility into the life of a trouble ticket. The Spiceworks community is amazing. It's our first stop when searching for answers to tough problems.

Cons:

We occasionally have issues with the system not checking email for new support tickets. A restart of the software solves the problem.

Sandeep
Sandeep
SYstem Support Engineer in India
Commercial Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

Ticketing Tool

Comments: We are using Spiceworks for ticketing day to day issues where users are facing and for regular follow-up of any tasks assigned.

Pros:

I liked the ticketing process or features that were available when creating tickets, as well as the email alerts for each follow-up.

Cons:

The least i like was server availability, Some times due to work load the server gets crashing and after restarting all the services only it will work without any issues.The initial stage of setup using authentication was difficult.

Nikki
Digital Operator in UK
Printing, 11–50 Employees

Lots of features for a help desk ticket system

Comments: I use Spiceworks IT Help Desk at work as a ticket system. It creates an individual ticket for each customer when they have an issue, and organises all the communications with this user with this individual ticket system number. It has really made us more efficient as rather than having to reply individually and try to keep track of emails with a customer, it is all stored within one system.

Pros:

I like that Spiceworks IT Help Desk lets me work with customers through a ticket system, so I can stay organised versus answering and tracking individual emails. It also gives a notification when there is a new ticket or a message that has been waiting over 24 hours.

Cons:

It is a little difficult to use and figure out the menus of the helpdesk system, and also every page seems to have to reload and does not work very quickly.