15 years helping Irish businesses

About Keynote

Slideshow and presentation software with tools to help create pitch decks, spreadsheets, and keynotes using diagrams and illustrations.

Learn more about Keynote

Pros:

Cons:

Export to PowerPoint for others destroys effects.

Keynote ratings

4.6
4.3
4.6
4.8

8.7/10

Keynote has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 131 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Keynote before?

Gary
Gary
Marketing Specialist in US
Machinery, 201–500 Employees

A great alternative to MS PowerPoint or Google Slides

Comments: Overall, we are happy with the features Keynote offeres, especially since it is included for free with all Apple products. Keynote is easy to use, allows us to export files for viewing in PowerPoint, and has solid presentation features.

Pros:

The biggest advantage to Keynote is the fact that it is native to Apple products and is included with them at purchase, something Microsoft does not do with its Office suite by default. The biggest strnght of Keynote is that it is already there and avaiable for use by our team.

Cons:

Keynote lacks some of the deeper features that MS PowerPoint and Google Slides do, including sharing and collaboration tools. While the lack of these is a bit inconvenient, our team still uses Keynote on a pretty regular basis.

Melissa
Melissa
Director of Marketing in Guatemala
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Much better design options than PowerPoint

Comments: Overall I love using Keynote. Most of my coworkers have PCs and use PowerPoint. My projects always have that extra bit of flair and I love the amazing built in templates as well as the hundreds of options available in Toolbox for iWork.

Pros:

I love that Keynote has almost all the design features available in Pages. If you have used Pages, it is easy to apply all the beautiful options to your projects. Not only is this software free for Mac users, but it has much better templates and design options than PowerPoint as well.

Cons:

There are a few date migration or integration options that PowerPoint has that Keynote doesn't have, but I in all my years using Keynote I have only had one project that I could accomplish with this software. Recent updates have added more date merge options that I am excited to try when I have a project that needs them. There are occasional design options that don't export well when I have to convert my Keynote presentation to a PowerPoint file, but it is getting better and I have learned which features not to use if I know I will have to create a PowerPoint version to share with coworkers.

Andy
Director in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Clean UI easier to use than Powerpoint but the templates are overly complicated

4.0 last month New

Pros:

The UI of Keynote is more streamlined than Powerpoint in my view. Its less cluttered and quicker to navigate.

Cons:

Keynote falls down due to a lack of good templates, sure some of them look nice and are very artistic but it would be better if they had more ones using simple fonts and simple colour schemes so that they can be modified more quickly to match my brands fonts, colours and styling.

Gaia
Copywriter in Italy
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

In 2022 you would not want to use it

Comments: I used it when it was my only option but I tend to steer clear of it due to its many limitations

Pros:

The one and probably only pro I can think of is that it is readily available on your laptop, even if you have no internet connection.

Cons:

It does nothing better than Google's presentation software and its being limited to mac and Apple ecosystem users is very limiting when it comes to sharing and cooperation

Rayhann
Teacher in US
Religious Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Keynote Review

5.0 last month New

Pros:

One of the things I really like about Keynote is how much you can do with it. There are many options to choose and although it does the same job as Google Slides or PowerPoint, it does the job and does it well.

Cons:

There isn't much to not like about Keynote as it's pretty standard (in my opinion), but if I were to complain about one thing, it would be the video playing within the presentation. It works as expected, but I wish there was an "easier" way of playing it (as in making it more "obvious"), but again, it's a minor complaint.

Design, Self Employed

A lot potential not used fro years. Nevertheless, the best alternative for Powerpoint.

Comments: To design a quick presentation is very easy.

Pros:

It is the easiest tool to learn and design a presentation. The best thing is the possibility to start a keynote on the iPad and to finish it on the Mac.

Cons:

Apple does't manage it to give us a real collaborative tool still. To comment, work together, exchange data and brainstorm together are not there yet in the way, the competition does it. All the tools in Keynote are there, but not used as they could be. Also, the use of custom fonts between iPad and Mac is totally off or not possible.

Garry
CEO in US
Telecommunications, Self Employed

Royal history review of Keynote

Comments: If you are a Mac owner, there is no other choice. I use it every month and love it, even if it has starting to look outdated and doesn't receive yearly changes.

Pros:

How easy to use it is. incredibly simple to make different slides, position photographs, and add details. My area of weakness is creating graphics, but I can also make posters with Keynote. Even though I've only recently started using Canva, Keynote still feels more natural to me.

Cons:

If it included more styles and templates, that would be fantastic. Although the PowerPoint template I bought fits well with Keynote, I would prefer to have more default templates available when I create a new file.

John Ericho
Instructor in Philippines
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Keynote Presentations are the Best in the Academe!

Comments: My students love my presentation that’s why I am very pleased with my use of this software.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to import and export files from this software. It makes my job easier especially when we educators work on a lot of our presentations.

Cons:

The exclusivity of the software for Apple ecosystem users would be my least liked feature of Keynote.

Owner in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Simply the best presentation package.

Comments: Keynote has made creating presentations an effortless process. I would not trade it for any other presentation product.

Pros:

I love how easy Keynote is to use. It allows me to focus on my presentation and not on figuring out the software.

Cons:

I always have to save my gorgeous Keynote presentation as a Powerpoint because the venue I am presenting at doesn't support Keynote.

Christie
Communications in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

The most powerful cross-platform presentation software

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

All of Keynote's features are available on every device and arent limited, other than the web app. Its animations are powerful and Keynote Live and Keynote Remote really make the experience so much better.

Cons:

Although Keynote remote is great, it can refuse to connect at times and simply not work. AirPlay can also glitch out at times.

Dan
Photographer/Adjunct Professor in US
Photography, Self Employed

Keynote for Mac Users and works with Microsoft too

Comments: Great. As an Apple user I love being able to use an iPad, iPhone or Macbook to edit my files. The files are reliable and look really great for presentations or lessons that I give.

Pros:

This software utilizes integration with the cloud, for easy access and editing from anywhere. It is very comparable to Powerpoint, just takes a little getting used to where everything is. I think some features work better in Keynote while others are better in Powerpoint.

Cons:

Getting used to a different interface was a minor annoyance and worth it. The good news is Numbers, Keynote and Pages are very similar in their tool layouts, so learn one and you learn them all, to an extent.

Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Keynote... and nothing else

Comments: Although Powerpoint has improved a lot over the years, it still hasn't caught up with Keynote.

Pros:

It is the best presentations software out there, period.I've been a Windows user all my life, until I tried Keynote. Yes, Keynote was the main reason why I switched to Mac. It has a fantastic user interface, it is really easy to do almost anything you need to do with a presentation, very clever the way many tools have been designed.The way you work with shapes, how easy it is to apply effects... it makes Keynote a wonderful tool.

Cons:

No cons, perhaps the main one is that it only comes with Mac. But if you do own a Mac, it comes for free, that's the good news!

Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Review for Keynote Apple

Comments: Good selling presentations

Pros:

Compatibility with PowerPoint, iCloud storage, good templates

Cons:

New version brings many changes user has to get used to

Omkar
Digital Marketing Trainer in UK
Professional Training & Coaching, 51–200 Employees

a very useful software for creating training presentations

Pros:

I train marketing professionals and I use Keynote for many of my trainings. It's a very simple to use software for creating training presentations, it has helped me create interactive training sessions. I am able to create training presentations that are eye catching and easy to follow, which significantly increased my conversion rates. The templates are great too because they allow me to focus on the content without worrying about design and I've been able to add my own materials easily on top.. I highly recommend this software!

Cons:

no cons for keynote. Apple always does the great job

Cody
Pastor in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

Keynote sings a high note

Comments: It’s had it’s frustrating moments.

Pros:

It was easy to integrate with other Mac devices. Being able to upload videos and images fairly hassle free has helped my non-profit quite a lot.

Cons:

I don’t like that I can’t copy and paste from PowerPoint or Google slides into Keynote. It’s basically Keynote or nothing.

Llanoi
Audit Assistant in Jamaica
Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Keynote Review

Pros:

This software proved to be an easy to use and efficient platform to create content for presentations. Notes, images and audio are easy to be added. It provides cool animations and smooth transitions.

Cons:

No noteworthy issues have been identified so far.

Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Best visual presentations software

Comments: KeyNote allows me to have unlimited creativity both on video editing and Graphic Design

Pros:

I thing KeyNote takes the cup mostly on visual side on presentation software: - The user interface is not intimidating it is user friendly and it is easy to navigate and search for tools. - The 3D chart animation makes an impressive presentation. - The animation tools such as building, actions and built out, multiple objects, motion paths, magic move produce an engaging content from 2D motion graphic to customized Gif cards or Gif posts. - The software has amazing preset templates for different type of presentations. - Background image removal tool saves time instead of taking image to professional photo software first.

Cons:

- The keynote is only accessible to Mac users. - The KeyNote limits on exporting file types compared to its competitor's softwares.

Computer Hardware, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Incredible animations

Pros:

You can achieve the best quality animated presentation with this “entry level” software. Using the transitions, animations plugins and tools you can obtain amazing results

Cons:

Is hard to use it out of IOS enviroment. You will have many troubles exporting this file to a .ppt and using it in a PC. If your presentation will be not showed in a Mac, please don’t use it

Anamika
Student in Canada
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

I love keynote!!!

Pros:

Presentations with keynote are just elevated. once you use it, I don't think powerpoint is an option.

Cons:

Nothing! I love everything about this software. I wish the import and export to and from keynote to powerpoint was seamless.

Denisse
Graduate Student in Mexico
Research, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Keynote is THE TOOL for smart presentations

Comments: I really enjoy this app. I've been able to create formal presentations as well as informal albums for my friends easily, fast and sometimes on the go. I always have all my presentation on the app and can share them with my work team to streamline the job.

Pros:

It is easy to use, you can create neat presentations in no time. It has good data storage to elaborate on your ppts. Can share with many platforms and formats so everyone can have your work and you can create the visual aid that you require

Cons:

It tends to be a bit repetitive when giving format to each slide, so it gets annoying

Logan
CEO in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

keynotes makes it simple creating presentations with so many beautiful templates

Pros:

I've been a Keynote user for several years now and I love it. It's simple to use and has so many beautiful templates to choose from. I use Keynote for all my presentations and even though I'm a total noob when it comes to designing, it's so easy to use. I run into so many problems with other apps for presentations, but Keynote is just the best.

Cons:

The only thing I think can be improved is its cloud version. The desktop app is amazing but the cloud version needs a lot of improvement.

Jorge
Jorge
Acupuncturist in Portugal
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Alternative to MS Powerpoint

Pros:

This software is easy to use, pretty much similar to MS PPT which everyone has been using forever. I prefer the templates offered by this software

Cons:

As much as I like it, I tend to choose my presentation go to apps - powerpoint or canva online, simply because of being so used to them. There's nothing really to criticise from a user point of view.

Jacob
User in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

Tools for success

Comments: I definitely have received multiple. A+ reports grades from using Kino to visually represent myself, and I must say I love the software.

Pros:

I actually use the software quite frequently when I was in school to make projects for classes where I could visually presenting on stage with lighting in

Cons:

I hated the fact that I didn’t really get most of the good features that I ended up using until they redid the design overhaul and made it look better

lorraine
Youth Director in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

Easy to Use

Comments: Keynote is really easy to use and most of all FREE with Mac laptop.

Pros:

This software is free with Apple Mac laptop. This has saved our ministry money from needing to purchasing an additional software outside of Mac.

Cons:

There are limited amount of themes available to use for your presentation. I wish there were more casual formats as most that are available seem very corporate.

Alina
Assistant in Mexico
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Great for Online and slide presentations

Comments: General it has been great I have used Keynote for at least three years and also in college and it was great for slide presentations also to do some notes from the lessons and well it has been great

Pros:

I love that it’s really easy to use also you can add some tables from numbers and you can edit them on the Keynote slides

Cons:

I just didn’t like that you have first to export the document to a PDF and dad Keynote is not compatible with a lot of Software’s