15 years helping Irish businesses

Adobe Premiere Pro Reviews

About Adobe Premiere Pro

It is a video editing solution that helps create captions, reformat videos, manage curve adjustments, and more.

Learn more about Adobe Premiere Pro

Pros:

It also has a very large community, so if you have any questions about how to do something, someone has the solution for that on the internet.

Cons:

It can be hard to get up to speed on how to use adobe products in general and this is also the case with Adobe Premiere Pro.

Adobe Premiere Pro ratings

4.0
4.2
4.7
4.1

8.5/10

Adobe Premiere Pro has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 493 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Adobe Premiere Pro before?

Samuel
Samuel
Founder and CEO in UK
Internet, 2–10 Employees

The Industry based video editing software.

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Adobe Premiere Pro provides a feeling of being a Professional video editor. It is worth the pricing.

Pros:

Adobe Premiere is a Standard Industry Video editing tool. Easy tobuse, you can learn video editing in few days and become a Video editor.

Cons:

Consumes memory space on your PC. Exports videos in large size of data, might need to compress output with a good video compressing software.

Thomas
Thomas
Creative Commercial Video editor in UK
Broadcast Media, 10,000+ Employees

Premier Pro

Comments: My overall experience has been good, I have always had process in place to make sure I was never caught short. It is definitely best piece of editing software on the market and it warrants its industry standard title.

Pros:

Adobe premier pro is my go to piece of software for editing. We output high end commercials and its ease of use to be able to collaborate effectively with other editors as well as integrate Graphics it truly has become such a powerful tool. The new caption tools are making it more cost efficient and time efficient to do our jobs.

Cons:

Premier pro has a history of being fairly buggy, but over the years I have noticed they have worked on this and in turn less crashes and hold up to our implemented workflow.

Jonathan
CNO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Industry standard, but shouldn't be the default choice.

Comments: I use Premiere as a badge to demonstrate my company is on par, if not exceeding industry standards. Often times, I mention we use Premiere. I never commit to saying we ONLY use Premiere. Most of our work is performed on Final Cut Pro. Our results are always above expectation. When a client asks for working files, I lower the boom on them about FCPX. Often times, they're flummoxed that anything other than Adobe Premiere could create that level of quality output.

Pros:

The biggest advantage of Premiere is the acceptance of it as the industry standard. Mastering Premiere is more likely to land you jobs, gigs, etc and establish your credibility as a seasoned editor. Doesn't necessarily mean it's the best editor on the market

Cons:

Adobe is notorious for overcomplicating simple steps and actions. Layer upon layer upon layer of diving into specifications of a specific piece of footage/animation/etc becomes tedious and time consuming. I liken it to Adobe = Windows vs let's say Final Cut Pro = Mac. One is more hierarchy-based organization that lacks in usability while the other accomplishes the same tasks quicker and more efficiently BECAUSE of a focus on user experience.

Mitchell
Engineering Student in Canada
E-Learning, Self Employed

Amazing software, besides the price

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Adobe Premiere Pro is a great software if you can afford it.

Pros:

All of the features an functionality of premiere pro is amazing. Whenever I don't know something it's super easy to find a tutorial online for it too.

Cons:

The price. All of Adobe in general is very pricey and I really wish it was more affordable. Take advantage of the free trials while you can.

Ursula
Ursula
Designer in Bolivia
Design, 2–10 Employees

Premier to edit like a pro

5.0 last month New

Comments: Premier Pro is a great program, very complete. I love that if you are an expert or amateur, you are able to use this program.

Pros:

like the whole creative suite, its interface is very friendly. I like how it integrates with several programs and formats.

Cons:

requieres a super powerful computer with a lot of ram.

Bryan
Bryan
Product Director in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

The Standard in Video Editing Software and Why We use Creative Cloud

5.0 last month New

Pros:

After years, Premiere Pro is still the standard for video editing and allows our team to produce marketing, youtube, and podcast content with a streamlined workflow. We generally create video content with short deadlines and so we prioritize the tool that helps us create the best result the fastest.

Cons:

I find it does crash more than other software we use. I'd like for it to be more stable. I also wish there was an option to purchase versions of the software for a one time payment instead of requiring monthly/yearly subscriptions.

Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Not the leading one, but quite close

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, it is a great tool, especially for those beginning to edit video that will not need a thousand different plugins and post production tools. It is simple, a little limited, but great for smaller projects.

Pros:

I like the fact that you can jump with little to no experience and start editing videos, adding transitions, and working on color correction right out of the box. It is very intuitive and easy to use

Cons:

The fact that it is not yet up to standards with the likes of daVinci or Final Cut, regardless of the functionalities, the biggest caveats for me are the limitations that being tied to Adobe Cloud can bring.

Manager in US
Telecommunications, 201–500 Employees

Pro is in the name for a reason

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Adobe Premiere Pro offers professional editors all that will be needed to make great videos.

Cons:

Adobe Premiere Pro offers many features, but the difference between a good video and a great video is still up to the editor as AI is not easily integrated.

Lucky
Video producer in Zambia
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Adobe premiere pro is the only software I use for music videos

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Adobe Premiere video editor is easy to use and offers plenty of help.It has a dozens of features to help you create stunning, good quality videos
for music videos editing adobe premiere pro is my favorite #1fan

Pros:

Excellent video editing for professional and beginners and it's a great and capable video editor, with flexibility and easy to use

Cons:

It's a little bit trick if it's your first it took time for me to know how to use it but I prefer you search for tutorial

Rachel
Owner ceo in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

Expensive and complicated

Pros:

I really liked the options for adding various transitions and graphics and really being able to easily step up the quality of your videos.

Cons:

Premiere pro was charging me $50 a month on a year contract so I would have to pay out the rest of the contract if I canceled early it is the most expensive video editing program I have ever used. It is also the hardest to learn program that I have ever used. It does come with lots of tutorials as well as there is lots of information online but it was not very intuitive or user friendly.

Jesse
Developer in Taiwan

Expensive, But Worthwhile If You Need Video

Comments: Learning Premiere Pro has been a steep learning curve, at a high cost in terms of time and money (relative to other digital subscriptions) but it has been useful to have the option to produce professional videos, or at least as professional as I am able to with where my skills are at now, with obvious room for improvement.

Pros:

The positive aspect of Premiere Pro is simply that it is the real deal in terms of video editing. With it it's possible for even a beginner to produce somewhat professional-looking videos, at least so far as basic features like transitions go. Even early on in the steep learning curve, there are features such as automatically removing reverberation, echo etc which improve audio quality considerably, at the touch of a button. There are plenty of advanced features which realistically only professionals are likely to ever use (or perhaps even to understand). It is, after all, the professional suite which has the market share of professional Creatives.

Cons:

As video editing is only a small part of what I do, this software is very expensive. It is by far the most costly of my software subscriptions, yet I use it less than others. If I used it any less, I would cancel my subscription and opt for alternatives which only require a one-off purchase. But, again, Premiere Pro has the market for professional video editors. I wish they would have a kind of half-subscription, with limited features or limited numbers of exports per month.

Nadish
Nadish
Senior Animator & Video Editor in Pakistan
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

The best video editing software

Comments: Overall, I love working on Adobe Premiere Pro, I love to explore features of Premiere Pro to enhance my projects. I watch video tutorials to learn new tips and tricks. Adobe Premiere Pro is a software that I spent most of my working hours on :)

Pros:

Although Adobe Premiere Pro is full of useful features and options, but the thing that I love most about Adobe Premiere Pro is the fast rendering that saves my hours. :)

Cons:

The only thing that I like least about Adobe Premiere Pro is that it crashes sometimes during the work. But Its my habit is to incremental save my project that always saves my life when the software crashes. :)

Sam
Communications Specialist in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

A great mid-weight video editor!

Comments: Overall, I've been quite pleased with Adobe Premiere Pro. It does what I need it to do and is easy for a beginner to pick up and learn. This is my go-to software for all video editing!

Pros:

I like how intuitive Adobe Premiere Pro is to use. If you've used any other Adobe software in the past, a lot of the logic and UI carries over. For example, even though they perform slightly different functions, you're given a move tool and a type tool, just like in Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop, etc. The best feature that Premiere Pro has to offer is the ability to nest objects/sequences. Nesting allows me to create mini sequences within my sequence, which makes it easier for me to edit on a micro-level and then place the overall larger project together.

Cons:

My least favorite aspect of Adobe Premiere Pro is the segmentation of features. Some features are hidden in certain areas of the software, and are hard to find. For example, modifying text positioning needs to be done in the graphics tab under the text setting, but this can also be done using the motion feature elsewhere in the program. Both have nearly similar results but different outcomes. I also am not a huge fan of the subscription-based Adobe model. I'd rather pay a larger fee for the product up-front and then own it outright.

Pumelele
Video Editor in South Africa

Editing Elite

Comments: I have been using Premiere Pro for almost 10 years now, and I still will be, in the next 10 years.

Pros:

The best for beginner and expert video editing. Adobe Pr is simple to use, with outstanding results.

Cons:

Adobe Pr isn't great when it comes to 3D and Vfx, luckily After Effects has that part covered.

JAZE
JAZE
Systems Administrator in South Africa
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

Adobe Premiere Pro (In My Opinion)

Comments: It was a blast once all the hurdles were overcome, I'm definitely upgrading to this software next.

Pros:

The "Speed Duration" feature was pretty cool, it makes slow motion videos look like they were done in a Hollywood studio:-) The effects on this software actually have a panel where you can customize them precisely how you want them... my mind was blown when I saw that and the list goes on but those are my top two pros on Premiere.

Cons:

Well for me it was the price, I still haven't saved up enough to buy it lol. Secondly, to be quite honest, when you first load it up, it is quite intimidating to see. I did not know what to make of the software at first until I imported a video, only then did I see light at the end of the tunnel. So in conclusion, they could definitely do with a more friendlier user interface.

Cristhian Josue
Cristhian Josue
CEO in Mexico

Adobe Premiere Pro, an ideal video editor for any Youtuber

Comments: Personally, after testing this video editor for so long, I have become very used to it, I like what it has to offer and it almost always does everything I ask for, sadly it doesn't allow me to create presets in some aspects like audio mixing, but generally, we can customize many functions of this video editor. I use other Adobe software regularly so the investment in Premiere Pro is less expensive, maybe it is not the best video editor, but it is a very good one and you will always find a tutorial to create what you have in mind.

Pros:

I like Adobe Premiere Pro, it's a highly powerful software and I can always achieve great quality in every project I do in this video editor, sometimes I imagine Adobe Premiere as a sandbox, I can always create something from 0 in this video editor because it allows me to build and develop all aspects of a video or major post-production without the need to have to resort to other software to complete my idea. I personally believe that Adobe Premiere Pro is the ideal video editor for people who are familiar with photoshop and enjoy it because just like with that photo editor, the possibilities with Adobe Premiere are endless.

Cons:

The Adobe Premiere Pro interface is disgusting, it's full of many menus and divisions that sometimes we will not use or simply aren't useful for our workflow, we can edit the video editor view, but at first, it looks very saturated and this makes us wonder where to start. We can only buy Premiere Pro if we pay the subscription to the Adobe suite, so if we only want to use a video editor, it can be expensive and not suitable for all budgets. So I would only recommend Premiere Pro for the multitasking editor who likes the workflow of the Adobe software and who can take advantage of the whole Adobe bundle

Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

A rating of Adobe Premiere Pro's overall satisfaction

Comments: My business depends heavily on Adobe Premiere Pro for its daily operations. I am the owner of a small video production company, which specializes in video editing. I needed a program that was easy to use, constantly updated, and capable of delivering decent value for the price I paid. I am satisfied with the performance of Premiere Pro.

Pros:

As part of the Creative Cloud Suite, Premiere Pro is extremely popular. In addition to being frequently updated, this software has a wide range of troubleshooting forums and online discussions to help you find issues and understand the software. Frequently updated software can also prove to be problematic, however, in most cases, new features become welcome improvements and bugs are typically resolved within a short period of time. Despite its ease of use, Premiere Pro is one of the best editing software packages for professional editors or for new editors. One is able to organize windows according to his or her preference through the user-friendly interface. Once you have spent a great deal of time using Premiere Pro, you will begin to find that it becomes somewhat intuitive to edit videos. This is simply because Premiere Pro becomes more familiar as you become more familiar with it. It is possible to accomplish your editing goals in Premiere Pro through a variety of options. Sequences are cut in different ways by different editors. In some cases, clip trimming is accomplished using the trim clip editor, while in other cases, clip cutting is performed using the razor blade. The use of (.) or in and out points may be preferred by some editors when inserting clips into a timeline. Premiere Pro offers an extensive array of options at the user's disposal, which makes it an easy application to use and allows editors to define their own workflow.

Cons:

The frequent updating of software can have negative consequences, as I have mentioned previously. The development and testing of some of the newer features does not appear to be as well developed as it should be. Compared to the original title editor, this new-ish "text tool" is welcome, but lacks depth. An already tight deadline was made even tighter by the Team Projects feature. Sequence files can be difficult to convert into After Effects compositions. There have been instances in which tried and true features have failed after being updated, but these are specific instances. Occasionally, you'll run into these kinds of headaches when developing software.

Géovanny
Géovanny
graphic designer in Cameroon
Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

Simplify your workflow with Adobe Premiere Pro

Pros:

As a user of Adobe Premiere Pro, I can say that this software has many advantages. First of all, it is relatively easy to learn, even for beginners in video editing. Secondly, it offers a great deal of flexibility in terms of video formats, resolutions and frame rates, which makes it possible to work on projects of different types and qualities. In addition, Adobe Premiere Pro offers a wide variety of editing tools and visual effects to customize and enhance my videos. Finally, its integration with the other software in the Adobe suite, such as After Effects or Photoshop, greatly facilitates my production workflow. In summary, Adobe Premiere Pro is a complete and efficient video editing software that allows me to produce professional quality projects.

Cons:

I must admit that there are a few drawbacks to this software. First of all, it can be greedy in system resources, which can slow down my computer when using heavy projects. Also, its price can be considered high for occasional users or beginners in video editing

Tejas
Blogger in India
Internet, Self Employed

Review: Adobe Premier Pro

Comments: I make videos for industry clients. And I have been using this software for 2 years. And the features are never-exhausting. There is so much you can do with just this tool. It is great for advanced professionals but also very handy for beginners. So, to summarize, my experience has been great!

Pros:

I've never used a better video editor than this one. 1. Support multiple audio and video formats like: MP4, MOV, AVI, WAV, and MP3. This helps in avoiding the transcoding of one file into another.2. Easy Color Grading: It allows color grading using Lumetri color. It is very precise in terms of color, contrast, and brightness.3. Support with other tools: It integrates with other tools like After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator easily. This is my favorite feature as I am able to use the best of all tools and integrate them all in one video.4. High-quality audio editing: As a video creator, I need bits and pieces from number of videos, but sometimes I need to delete the background noise. Adobe has an awesome feature named 'Adobe Audition' that does the job.5. Great in stabilizing footage. Also, applying the effects like clips, Motion Controls (Position, Scale, Rotation, and Anchor Point), and Opacity.6. Libraries: Users can share their work, like graphics, logos, and photos on cloud space.Learning this tool was easy and comfortable. You just need to edit one video on your own, and you'll get adapted to its features more and more as you go through.

Cons:

Although each content creator has its own opinion, I feel that the following things can be improved.1. Limited audio features: Although there are many video editing options, audio options should also be more.2. Automatic editing: It must have a preset option that can edit the picture or video on its own and give an option/recommendation to user. This can be done by integrating AI tools.4. Collabortive space: Just like live ppt or spreadsheet, live editing options must be there, where multiple users can edit the file simultaneously.

Ammar
Ammar
freelancer in Jordan
Computer Software, Self Employed

Is Adobe Premiere Worth Buying and Working With it ?

Comments: More than 6 years of experience used to export videos to ( YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok ).

Pros:

After a long experience of use that lasted more than 6 years, I did not use any other program because Adobe Premiere Pro provided me with all the things I needed in one program , instead of moving to more than one program and getting one of the features. Easy to use, cheap in price compared to other programs that have the same features. Adobe Premiere Pro has a great speed in exporting video, that's why you don't have to worry about wasting time. Every time a new version of the software is released, I look forward to downloading it from Adobe Creative Cloud, because I'm sure there is a great feature in each new version that will save you time over time. The feature that helped me a lot is saving the project automatically. In the event of forgetting, power outages, or device malfunctions, Adobe Premiere saves your project every certain period of time determined by the user. Keyboard shortcuts saved me a lot of time to finish the project, they are a treasure for the user's time. To conclude and be honest, I do not dispense with this program and do not expect that I can live without it.

Cons:

The advantage of D3 compared to Adobe After Effects is weak , I wish this feature was as strong as Adobe AE. Because I use a lot in the program to write, Adobe Premiere Pro does not provide many types and shapes of beautiful fonts compared to Adobe Photoshop.

Piyush
3d Artist in India
Animation, 51–200 Employees

Adobe Premiere Pro Review

Pros:

#1 Unlimited Video Editing Whenever you've introduced the Premiere Pro programming in your PC, go ahead and alter however many recordings as you can. It doesn't force any limitation on the most extreme number of recordings you can alter. #2 Edit 3D and VR cuts Debut Pro is fit for working with 3D articles, and it additionally has great highlights for altering 180 or 360/VR film. Exceptionally helpful for making computer games, motion pictures or an eye-getting YouTube video. #3 Edit 4K and 8K recordings With regards to altering exceptionally excellent recordings, Premiere Pro surpasses every one of the assumptions. It upholds 4K as well as 8K goal recordings. #4 Built-in online media sharing element Whenever you've done altering your recordings, it's a breeze to share it on various online media channels straightforwardly from the product utilizing the "Distribute" work. Other than this, Premiere Pro additionally empowers clients to trade recordings to their PC or different gadgets.

Cons:

1 Slow Customer Support There's no email support for new or likely clients. It depends for the most part on its alleged "Live Chat" that makes you stand by somewhere in the range of 15-30 minutes just to begin the discussion. For instance, when I utilized their live talk to accumulate some information about the product, I didn't get any reaction for the initial 20 minutes. Furthermore that was enough for me to close the tab. Screen capture 2019 02 13 21 38 07 56 #2 Works just on two PCs with a solitary permit While this is definitely not a huge less point for this apparatus, yet it might agitate clients who own various gadgets and need to utilize the product on every one of them. You ought to likewise remember that despite the fact that you can introduce the program on two PCs, you can't run it at the same time on both the machines. Adobe Premiere Pro Pricing Plans Debut Pro is the main application in this test that accompanies month to month membership plans.

Melia
Owner in US
Media Production, Self Employed

I've been using Premiere Pro since 2012

Comments: Overall, it can be a pretty expensive software for a hobbyist. But as a full-time freelance video editor, there's really no better option than Premiere Pro. It's my bread and butter. I couldn't be doing the work I do without this program. Now that I'm fully versed on the software, I LOVE the features and flexibility. The hiccups along the way can be a pain, but I whole-heartedly recommend this software for any professional in the space.

Pros:

I love how many features there are. There are a ton of built-in features, tools, shortcuts, and options. In some cases, there are multiple ways to solve a single problem and the ability to choose the workflows that work best for an individual is invaluable. I also appreciate that Adobe is aiming to make Premiere Pro more intuitive, automated, and cross-device compatible. I also love that there are software plug-ins from other third-party vendors that can stack on top of the Premiere platform. That adds a whole new layer of usability and convenience.

Cons:

There are bugs occasionally, sometimes major ones. Every now and then, my work is interrupted by a few hours of troubleshooting where I need to restart the project, uninstall/reinstall the software, or try strange workarounds. These sometimes happen right after the software is updated, so I always make sure I'm not in the middle of major project deliverables before updating the software.

Tiago
Software engineer in Portugal

A Comprehensive Review of Adobe Premiere: Unleashing Creativity

Comments: Despite its few drawbacks, Adobe Premiere remains an exceptional video editing software. Its extensive feature set, seamless integration with other Adobe applications, and professional-grade editing tools make it a go-to choice for both aspiring and seasoned video editors. The ability to bring creative visions to life, thanks to its powerful editing capabilities, makes Adobe Premiere a staple in the industry. If you're willing to invest time into mastering its intricacies, Adobe Premiere will undoubtedly take your video editing skills to new heights.

Pros:

Comprehensive Editing Tools: Adobe Premiere offers a vast array of editing tools that empower users to unleash their creativity. From basic trimming and cutting to advanced effects and color correction, Premiere has everything needed to produce professional-quality videos.Seamless Integration with Creative Cloud: Being part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Premiere seamlessly integrates with other Adobe applications like After Effects, Photoshop, and Audition. This integration allows for smooth workflow collaboration and easy interchangeability of assets.Extensive Format Support: Adobe Premiere supports a wide range of video formats, ensuring compatibility with various cameras and devices. Whether you're working with DSLRs, RED cameras, or smartphones, Premiere makes it easy to import, edit, and export your footage in the desired format.

Cons:

Steep Learning Curve: Due to its extensive feature set, Adobe Premiere has a steep learning curve, especially for beginners. Navigating through the various panels, tools, and effects can be overwhelming initially. However, with dedication and practice, users can unlock the software's full potential.

Nitin
Nitin
Senior Graphics Designer in India
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best video editing and must have tool for corporate designers and editors

Comments: Entirely, this is best premium Adobe app so far to edit high end videos for productions but this tool have lots of learning curve. A person from design background who uses Adobe tools can easily learn it but others struggles to use this. There is no straightforward way to edit videos. I will suggest media agencies to take time to learn adobe tools before going directly to premiere pro.

Pros:

I loved the way everything arranged and customizable to edit any kind of videos. I can easily edit timeline preferences so that it makes my work easy and quick. Beautiful effects and transitions makes the video production more cinematic. Also, while using premiere pro I can easily edit multiple videos on different timelines and make simultaneous production of modules in single project.

Cons:

Price is little at higher end and sometimes not justifiable for a small production agency. They should provide a low end tool to edit non complex videos productions. And, also they should improve proxy video previews. Currently they are providing it but one need to find it but again there is more complexity in rendering proxy as it redirects to Adobe media encoder to render.

Alfredo
Alfredo
Create content and Tutor in Mexico
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

A great editing software for professionals

Comments: It is undoubtedly one of the best and most used video editing programs for professionals. If you are not a professional in the area, it may take a lot more work to be able to take advantage of it and to be able to use many of its functions. From my point of view, if you don't have any knowledge of video editing and rendering, you should opt for a simpler solution that allows you to get results faster, albeit with fewer options.

Pros:

It is a great video editing software, it certainly allows you to generate completely professional results, it has all the necessary options for large-scale video editing. What I like the most: - Its interface is orderly, you can find the tools even though it has a great variety. - Its library of effects and transitions, both audio and video, is very complete. - The export options are super complete and customizable, you can set the output profile of your video in detail in every way - The timelines are very well thought out, you can adapt them to your editing needs and it allows you to work in detail, both with the video and the audio. - Audio editing seems to me to be better achieved than in other programs of its kind, it is simpler and more customizable. - It is compatible with other programs of the same brand, so media imports work correctly.

Cons:

In my case, what I don't like about this program has to do with the learning curve for users who are not professionals on the subject, understanding that for a professional it could be advantages. - Longer learning curve than other programs of this type - Requires a large processing capacity and disk space - It requires more knowledge on the subject of videos, to be able to correctly configure many of its tools. - The cost is higher than other solutions - It seems to me that the rendering of the final video is slower than in other programs, although with better final results. - Being able to see the edition in preview in a fluid way requires a very good computer equipment.