15 years helping Irish businesses

About OpenSponsorship

OpenSponsorship is the largest marketplace matching brands and athletes for marketing campaigns.

Learn more about OpenSponsorship

Pros:

Easy way to get athletes to create content for our brand. User experience, communicating with creators is very easy.

Cons:

The search tool didn't always get the results I wanted, but that was difficult to know if it was because the athletes I was looking for weren't on the platform or if the search was busted.

OpenSponsorship ratings

4.7
4.8
4.8
4.7

8.9/10

OpenSponsorship has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 39 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used OpenSponsorship before?

Cole
Student-Athlete in US
Sports, Self Employed

Amazing platform for student-athletes looking to get involved with NIL

Comments: This platform is the best platform for NIL use out on the market. I have gotten several deals through this platform and every time have received and been paid a commission. It is easy to use and find businesses that are willing to work with you in order to support their product. It is the most active platform that contains the most amount of businesses on the market.

Pros:

Easy to connect with various brands. Deals of all kinds. Customer support responds quickly.

Cons:

The app could use some fixing and updating. The commission that is taken from the deal is a bit too much.

Deivid
Crew Runner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10,000+ Employees

The best for Athletes

Comments: Love OpenSponsorship, I feel I have been with them from the very beginning and I have seen the platform grow and become a leader platform for athletes and businesses to connect.

Pros:

OpenSponsorship is the best platform I have found to connect with brands and businesses and get amazing sponsorship deals

Cons:

I think payment could be faster for athletes

Alberto
Alberto
Digital Marketing Director in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Waste Of Money: Broken Features And Overpriced Influencers

Comments: I wouldn't recommend this app to anyone. They don't have a free trial period and don't offer refunds. So, absolutely steer clear.

Pros:

At first we were really excited to discover this platform able to put in contact influencers and companies, but once we started using it, it revealed completely useless for us.

Cons:

Influencers on this platform ask for ridiculous amount of money. All of them, from very small to big influencers. They don't offer enough exposure or content quality to ask for those prices. Additionally, most accounts are managed by agents, so they are totally useless since they are very editorial and there is no "social" component.Most features are incomplete, broken or very limiting. For example, many social media links don't work and can't really view the actual live social media accounts of the athletes. Proposal or campaign templates are very basic and limiting, you are better off on your own. All text slots have a character limit which makes the whole process frustrating since you can't really express all your terms. Another frustrating feature is that the app puts you in contact with an OpenSponsorship agent every time you declare that you don't have the budget to collaborate with an influencer. This is ridiculous. You are better off contacting the influencers outside the platform, at least you have a direct conversation with them. In other words, when the influencers ask for a ridiculous amount of money (which happens most of the time), the app doesn't give you the opportunity to negotiate directly with them.

Darren
Sports Agent in US

Undefeated Sports Consulting

Comments: Overall experience was great

Pros:

I’ve used the software as a player and as an individual agent on both sides the software was great and easy going

Cons:

The mobile aspects of the website should have a mobile software

Lauren
Marketing & Affiliate Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Staley and OS is awesome!

Pros:

The access to so many athletes is amazing. Staley is always such a big help.

Cons:

We have seen difficulties with athletes uploading videos that are around 10 minutes, but I understand and that is not a big deal.

OpenSponsorship Response

2 years ago

Lauren, thank you for leaving a review. We're thrilled that you enjoy using OpenSponsorship!

Travis
Athlete in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Fantastic for athletes/influencers of any status!

Comments: Its been a huge confidence booster when it comes to reaching out to sponsors. So much easier compared to reaching out to people that you don't even know if they're looking for people. I really love the feature of having your own detailed profile with personal information and channels. It helps show sponsors who you are and what you do. Overall great experience so far and I believe it can help my status continue to grow!

Pros:

Very easy to use and navigate. Wide variety of opportunities to reach out and be reached out to. Customer service is amazing as well, fairly quick responses and extremely friendly support!

Cons:

Wish the payment after a deal is completed was quicker, rather than up two weeks after a deal is completed, would prefer 2-3 days at max.

Mark
Founder in US
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Great place to source athlete deals

Pros:

Ease of use in finding deals for athletes.

Cons:

A lot of the companies are not actively engaging and building deals. 90% of apps are never responded to.

Jon
Pro Athlete in US
Sports, 501–1,000 Employees

Personal marketing manager

Comments: I love using it. I’ve told at least 5 people about the software and they have joined

Pros:

It’s extremely easy to apply for campaigns

Cons:

Sometimes brands need approval for posting and they take too long to accept when I want to post something immediately. But that’s not the softwares fault

kenadi
gymnast in US
Broadcast Media, 11–50 Employees

OS review

Pros:

Very easy access. I enjoy how many people are joining!

Cons:

I think all features are good. Communication is very easy!

Brandon
Vice President, Player Marketing in US

BC Review

Comments: Overall an integral part of our marketing strategy.

Pros:

Let's me known what companies are out there and trying to activate with NBA clients. Saves alot of leg work of guessing who has money to spend.

Cons:

The 20% fee is high and causes us to pass off the costs to the brands with higher athlete prices.

Gunthar
Content Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to Use Influencer Management System

Comments: Overall it's been great. The client management is good and the platform isn't flashy but it's easy and proficient.

Pros:

It was not difficult to get acquainted with the platform. It took minutes to feel comfortable managing campaigns and navving the software.

Bob
Indoor and Beach Volleyball player in US
Sports, Self Employed

Open Sponsorship is great for enlarging your exposure

Pros:

They do a great job matching multiple deals to the athlete that is beneficial for both parties. Very responsive software with and easy to use GUI.

Cons:

I wish I had known about this software earlier as it is an easy interface to many sponsorships!

Hadley
College student /influencer social media in US

Great app by hadley!

Comments: The support team especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was super helpful when dealing with payment

Pros:

Super easy to use and helpful to make money on side.

Cons:

Payment was difficult to set up but eventually figured it out

Arin
Professional Athlete in US
Sports, 11–50 Employees

User friendly

Comments: I have had nothing but amazing experiences with opensponsorship and will continue to come back !

Pros:

This is such a good software and platform for both parties. To get your businesses name out there while also Benefiting the influencer. It’s a win win both ways. You can promote things you care about by getting to choose your campaigns. It’s very simple and straight forward. Great response time from all the brands I ah e worked with!

Cons:

The thing that could be helped a bit is the website when using it via a mobile device. It can be a bit difficult at times.

Lauren
CEO in US
Sporting Goods, 2–10 Employees

Cool way to connect with athletes

Comments: Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great. He is a hard worker and I know he is trying his best to solidify deals and help out business.

Pros:

Great to work with an agent at OpenSponsorship to complete deals. Great offer of athletes User friendly platform

Cons:

Not sure if the athletes/agents trust/respect OpenSponsorship fully. We cannot get athletes to commit to dates and agents don't care to really solidify those dates for their clients. I know they have busy schedules but doesn't seem they are in a rush to finalize deals.

Justin
Coach in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Perfect Tool fo Any Influencer

Comments: I have had nothing but great experiences and will continue to use the platform.

Pros:

It connects the right people to the right brands for maximum exposure.

Cons:

The approval process seems to be a bit slow but that can be on the brand and not influencer.

Harshvardhan
Athlete in India

2 years on OS, good so far

Pros:

It is an easy, systematic app, which is super safe for such financial deals.

Cons:

That it takes 20% commission. If there could be a business model where they could generate revenue through some other mediums, it'd help in the growth of the community and support athletes.

Taylor
Social media Influencer in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

My personal review

Comments: One of the best I look forward to being accepted to work with certain brands. In the mean time I will continue to explore this amazing app

Pros:

Very easy to navigate and allows for interaction between influencers and brands.

Cons:

So far I really haven’t seen much of an issue.

OpenSponsorship Response

2 years ago

Thank you for the review! We continue to make strides toward helping athletes and influencers connect with brands.

Raquel
Professional Triathlete & Triathlon Coach in US
Sports, 11–50 Employees

FIVE STarts 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Comments: After working with open sponsorship, I learn more about sports marketing, I had many opportunities to interact with business owners and help them with their business goals and also helping my self to stay focused, helping me
financially and with products that inspires me with my endurance sports higher goals. And also as a human being.

Pros:

Friendly, easy to use, and motivational!

Cons:

I don't have anything, maybe I would love to receive more invitations. 💛

Mason
Professional Athlete in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Best in the game

Comments: I absolutely do love this website and I will continue to use it daily

Pros:

It’s easy to use with so many amazing companies on it that are professional and willing to work with athletes.

Cons:

Searching for deals on different levels can be challenging and finding the right one takes to much time.

Caroline
Sponsor in US
Food Production, Self Employed

Review

Comments: Open sponsorship gave me easy access tools to work with different companies and expand both our growth in different ways.

Pros:

This was extremely impactful because I could grow my base while expanding companies growth.

Cons:

The communication between you and the company you are sponsoring can be better

Kyle
Personal Trainer in US

O.S. Review

Pros:

It's simple and easy to use on a weekly basis.

Cons:

The app on my phone does not work well at all.

Dominic
Professional racing driver in US
Sports, Self Employed

Finally a great way to meet sponsors

Comments: Great super easy to use. I really looking forward more partnerships.

Pros:

SO easy to connect and be apart of a sponsors activations.

Cons:

The only thing so far has been the limited file size to share your contect to the sponsor and client. The video files are very large.

Jeremy
CMO & CCO in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Easy and convenient way to find influencers

Comments: We use OpenSponsorship weekly and love the direct communication with the influencers.

Pros:

HUGE list of athlete's and ambassadors making it easy to find the best fir for your brand.

Cons:

Long term monthly payment options for longer term deals would make it easier to use.

Paulina
Paulina
Social Media Manager in US
Sporting Goods, 2–10 Employees

OpenSponsorship user from amateur to pro

Comments: Love the opportunities it has opened up for me

Pros:

That there’s a check list of deliverables and due dates. Lets me know exactly what to do and by when

Cons:

Seems a little bit outdated but maybe it’s bc I use safari on my phone not the actual App