15 years helping Irish businesses

About Opera

Opera is a web browser that provides built-in ad blockers and free VPN to help users load webpages faster and reduce online tracking.

Learn more about Opera

Pros:

It data saving mode allows you to spend much less data during web surfing than usual which is very important when using costly mobile data.

Cons:

Sometimes its send you a notification that annoys you. If they remove this annoying notification it's good.

Opera ratings

4.6
4.3
4.6
4.7

8.6/10

Opera has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 173 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Opera before?

IT Technician in Zambia
Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

Davids Opera Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Opera is a great browser that i use both on the phone and laptop as it does not consume a lot of data as most browsers.

Pros:

Opera is not taxing on machine hardware and offers a portable version that one can use without having to install it on the machine.

Cons:

Extention management and support is not as good or extensive as other browsers such as firefox or chrome.

Gustavo
Gustavo
Director in Portugal
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great Browser with some issues

Comments: Opera is my favorite Web Browser, but I can't deny right now I am giving some steps toward the New Internet Explorer as it does have many of Opera features, and it is a little faster and better integrated with websites.

Pros:

Good looking interface. Free VPN (with some conditions) Pop-Up videos (a super useful feature to have) Units converter ( things such as currencies or metric units can be converted by hovering over the amount, and this is super useful )

Cons:

You can not export your personal data to any other browser. Things like passwords shall remain in Opera, and I guess this is how they push people to remain in the software somehow. The VPN does not allow you to choose a country right now as it used to be but a region, and it makes it kind of useless.

Tiego
Official in South Africa
Computer Games, Self Employed

Opera review

2.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Is nice when it comes to other things and is good with searching task

Cons:

It has flaws with ad blocking It will tell you you blocked the ads then later on the ads are back

Mallex
Online Tutor in Tanzania
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Opera min Browser Reviews

Comments: Enjoying using this Browser as it uses less data and allows easy downloading.

Pros:

Offline and ad-blocking features are exceptional. Opera Mini is a solid choice for users who prioritize data savings, speed, and basic browsing on their mobile devices. However, if you need extensive features, complete privacy, or flawless rendering of rich media, other browsers might be a better fit.

Cons:

Less privacy and poor tab management. But all in all this browser is dope.

Cristhian Josue
Cristhian Josue
CEO in Mexico
Design, 2–10 Employees

Opera, a browser that has evolved greatly over the years.

Comments: Opera is fluid, fast, but overall, it's a highly customizable browser, you can make it entirely personalized and access all our data on any other device with opera, it has left me with good taste because you can see the care and passion that the developer team and the community have to make it a browser with personality. My final comment is that I profoundly recommend opera to the user who wants to have a fully own space and has the latent need to have a unique browser.

Pros:

Opera is amazing because not only its a browser, managing this software is a whole experience, integrating particular functions such as a VPN, a coin converter, and others, the revolutionary sidebar is a feature that every browser should envy, permitting us to access our social media, bookmarks, and many other functions.

Cons:

Notwithstanding being a browser-based on chromium, Opera can be somewhat overpowering or overcharging for the user that just wants to search on the web without the need to customize so many appearances, Opera isn't for everyone, and this can be confirmed by recognizing that this browser has more than one version, opening, even more, the gap between casual handling and customization experience that opera offers us.

Yassine
Yassine
CEO in Morocco
Design, 2–10 Employees

The Best All in one browser for both business and personal use

Comments: overall opera still the best browser i used in years, this is my 7 year since i switched from chrome to opera.

Pros:

I have been using Opera for over 7 years, and I like it the most for its low RAM consumption and battery saving features that work on my laptop. Also,  his features are unique; first of all, you get a built-in ad blocker and a built-in VPN, and you get a sidebar where you can add your social media accounts and see your feeds on the side without opening tabs. Also,  the dark mode looks great. easy to search on and easy to manage extensions since it's based on Chrome, you can install Google Chrome extensions.

Cons:

Recently, I had some frequent crashes and several unsupported websites; I hope they can fix these in the future.

Jaison
Admin Director in Brazil
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

By far the best browsing app

Comments: I've always used Chrome and Firefox, but from time to time I had to go back to Opera because of the new features. The other browsers would take so time to implement some of the features, so I decided to stick with the company looking towards the new. Opera became really good at serving what I was expecting.

Pros:

The sidebar from the latests updates is increadible. Makes browsing so simple. The tabs manages is also a big plus. I use a lot of tabs for work, so I can manage 30~40 pages with the "group" option and check Whatsapp/Instagram/Telegram inside the app. The pop-out video options is also great.

Cons:

Sometimes the browser will simply crash. It doesn't stay there processing, it simply closes the app, but when I open again everything is there, like nothing happened.

Hashan
Hashan
Asset Managment & Accounts in Qatar
Food & Beverages, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Enjoy No Strings Attached Web Browsing with Opera

Comments: I must tell you that using Opera has given me so much relief as it consists of a solid VPN platform to browse the web without a single worry. In addition, the left sidebar is a lifesaver as it helps to modify and add various extensions to quick access, like Messenger, WhatsApp, and top-notch players like Spotify, apple, Soundcloud and etc. Furthermore, the interface is very appealing as it gives a big thumbnail of site logos compared to Google's browser. Overall, this is a well-done browser!

Pros:

The best thing I am enjoying in this Opera is the "'workspace''. This feature helps to segregate my sites as per my wish. Each site can be easily put under different workspaces which are denoted in small icons. Another best thing about using Opera is stopping unnecessary Ad-popups. Appearing ads is quite annoying as you cannot surf the web without peace of mind.

Cons:

It is obvious that when using the Opera browser there is an expected speed lag. However, this is understandable, since the browser needs to bypass various restrictions for each website, in order to give the expected output. If you have a good internet speed this becomes negligible, since you will not feel a significant lag.

Michelle
Michelle
Modern Media Consultant in US
Music, Self Employed

A Useable Browser Option

Comments: As a media consultant I have to have several different browsers available for use most of the time. I currently utilize Opera as my personal business browser because of its security features.

Pros:

The opera browser is based on the same framework as another well-known browser, so it's pretty easy to get used to, but you can customize a lot of other aspects of it, and it includes an optional VPN.

Cons:

Some Chrome plugins don't work with it, but I never encountered any insurmountable issues.

Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Great browser with VPN

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The VPN functionality is the best, it’s easy to use, fast and secure.

Cons:

There are no cons I can think of for this browser.

Jeremy
Game Designer in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

My Favorite Browser But Could Use Some Upgrades

Comments: Overall I really like Opera. I like it more than any other browser I have used so far, and I've used Internet Explorer, Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and now Opera over the course of 20 or so years since I've been actively using the internet. It has many great features built in that make it an absolute breeze to work with!

Pros:

I absolutely love the ability to set RAM, CPU, and other hardware limitations on what the browser can use. I also like the difference between bookmarks and pinboards and love using both features.

Cons:

One thing I wish would be adjusted with the pinboard feature is that it would warn you if that page was already pinned on the pinboard you are trying to add it to. I have accidentally pinned the same page a few different times and this either shouldn't be possible or should warn you that it is already on it and should pop up with a question saying something like "X page is already on your pinboard named X, would you like to add another copy?" Another thing I wish is that workspaces were more than just options but also allowed either different tabs to auto open when you switch that window to that workspace or would allow for different bookmarks for that specific workspace. This would be ideal for my setup as I have research, tutorials, documentation on my left monitor, any online work with the company's files or databases on my main monitor, and on my right monitor I have my email, social media, and discord open. I would love to setup each of these monitors as their own "workstations" that include their own startup tabs and bookmarks.

Ceon
Field analyst in Guyana
Research, 51–200 Employees

A very good PC browser for business use.

Comments: This is a very good software for business interfacing on stable sites or for users that use one set of websites for work consistently.

Pros:

The software was originally very fast and dealt with pop-ups efficiently while retaining performance.

Cons:

After a few updates, the most recent versions began to use a lot of cookies in their operation and this takes a negative impact on the speed of the software.

Inaam
Business Development Manager in Pakistan
Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Opera, the lightest internet browser

Comments: I have been using Opera since Windows XP days, and like it for its stability, fast loading and not consuming much hardware resources like Ram, etc.

Pros:

Opera is one on the most early web browser in the market, that has kep its shine by constant improvements, integrations and updates. It is very light weight and installs very easily. It user graphics interface is very pleasant and offers a variety of themes to select from according to your likings. You can change your default search engine which is integrated in the address bar. Opera tends to focus a lot on keeping your browsing sessions secure. You can choose to surf the web using its incognito mode to avoid cookies and clean your usage traces. It also has an in built VPN, that not only mask your IP by changing it, but also ebales you to evade censorships. Along with that, it also has a data compression tool, which minimize your data usage, a pretty handy feature when using costly cellular data. In the end, it works smoothly on all devices and platforms.

Cons:

While using Opera Web Browser on Android, I have noticed that if you load a page and then switch to another app without closing Opera while multitasking and then switch back to it, it do not retain the preloaded data and reloads the page (probably to minimize Ram consumption) , which is quite irritating if you do so while filling a form or writing an email or something, as you have to start all over again.

Ralph
Graphic Designer | Writer | Digital Marketer in Nigeria
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Opera Is a Nice Browser that Isn't Just Popular

Comments: Overall, I'm very pleased with Opera, and it's definitely one of my favorites.

Pros:

Opera saves more data than any other browser that I've tried. Although some websites may perform better on browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Brave, and the rest of them that I've used, Opera has its own strength too. Opera is loaded with many useful features by default that you'd need extensions for in other browsers. For example, it has inbuilt VPN, ad blocker, WhatsApp, Telegram, and even a Web3 wallet. Those are just the ones I can remember without checking. Also, you can create an account to synchronize your browsing history, bookmarks, etc. There's also this cool addition called send to my flow. If it's about features, I can tell you Opera is well loaded out of the box, and it's very fast too.

Cons:

Some websites are only optimized for use on browsers like Chrome, and may not work so well on browsers like Opera. The plugins available on Opera can't be compared with the countless plugins available on browsers like Chrome. They're limited in my opinion.

Mahin Bin Raihan
Mahin Bin Raihan
Student in Bangladesh
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Compatible browser for all configuration of devices.

Pros:

Opera is very much stable and it can be used as your default browser. It provides all the features that one could be needed. So undoubtedly, I will recommend it.

Cons:

It has some not useful features. It's speed is not satisfying enough. And the extension that comes with it, most of them are outdated.

Zakaria
computer engineer in Morocco
Computer Hardware, Self Employed

is opera the greatest browser?

Comments: overall experience I would say that opera is a good browser, I would really recommend it for people who want to use a lighter browser on the device.

Pros:

Opera is a really good browser, I'm using it for a quit long time in addition to many other browsers, But I found opera is different, I really like the new version of this browser, it looks good, and I really like the new interface, looks easy to use. Opera has many great features like the included VPN, you can use it just with a one-click, I really like the smoothness of the browser, it doesn't use many resources from your device, and the tab management looks great making the surfing on the browser easy for you.

Cons:

the software needs a little bit of improvement on the security side.

Paulo
Technology seller in Portugal
Business Supplies & Equipment, 51–200 Employees

Opera review

Pros:

Very intuitive, and very light on the PC, i don't have any problem searching anything, it has a great adblocker, and its very easy to use.

Cons:

It could have a better bookmark, a bit confusing and difficult to access

kalus
Human Resource Executive in Algeria
Human Resources, 51–200 Employees

Easy and comfortable with Opera

Comments: A simple and wonderful browser with a good and optional search engine that makes my day good thanks to its features and tools. Safe browsing without ads and blocked sites. Opera provides me with everything I need as a professional browser, so I use it on all my devices, whether phone or computer. It is the best.

Pros:

This browser is easy and smooth and makes browsing enjoyable and entertaining with complete safety thanks to its exceptional features

Cons:

Maybe the response speed for relatively weak devices

Mustafa
Mamaging Partner in Türkiye
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Easy usage searches

Comments: I like the user friendly interface of Opera and also I use very often VPN and it is very easy to change VPN in Opera when needed. I can easiy recommend Opera even at least for this option.

Pros:

One of things that like most is the VPN option. Opera has its own VPN feature. So you do not need to install an extra software to add your browser if you need VPN usage. Opera is fast and easy to use. Its menus are very useful. When you highlight a phrase in a text you do not need to right click on it to copy. Before you right click Opera asks you if you copy it.

Cons:

Openning many frames at the same time sometimes can be problemetic, it can take time.

Gbadamosi
Gbadamosi
Freelancer in Nigeria
Computer Software, Self Employed

Opera Review

Comments: Opera makes internet browsing very fast for me especially when there is slow connection and this has helped in completing various researches for my projects.

Pros:

I love the fact that the browser has a built-in ad blocker, it is very fast compared to similar products and it is very easy to navigate through the browser. The turbo mode also makes the browser easy to use especially when internet is not fast.

Cons:

Opera offers several options to choose from, this is positive in some cases, but in most cases, it can be very overwhelming and stressful because there are too many options.

Kasi
Front desk manager/ Night auditor in US
Hospitality, 201–500 Employees

#1 system for any Hotel

Pros:

It is simple to use and simple to teach. I have used 3 other systems and none come close to to Opera. If you don't believe me trybthe free trial and you will be hooked the 1st day!

Cons:

None. I haven't ran into anything that is up to the task at hand.

Media Production, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great Switch

Pros:

I switched to Opera from Chrome because Chrome was just tearing up my computer with its Ram usage. I found Opera to be an amazing alternative with more customizability and easier on my laptop.

Cons:

The settings can be a little difficult to navigate

Computer Software, Self Employed

Opera - One of the Unique Browser

Comments: Opera Mini features compression technology, which can shrink web pages to as little as 10% of their original size before appearing on the screen. With less data usage I can download faster.

Pros:

According to my experience after using the Opera browser, the resource memory is small, so it is light and faster at startup, can display desktop mode without problems, has fast loading and rendering speeds compared to other browsers, comfortable when browsing the web with very navigation features. easy to operate and comfortable for my browsing needs, helps manage my downloads and as a download tool, so I can download the video that I am viewing even though there is no download button on the site, the process of blocking from a site is easier and also practical.

Cons:

Disadvantages The most prominent aspect of Opera is the relatively high power consumption of RAM, especially when used on a cellphone, cannot get the motion picture feature when using Opera, when using Opera and want to store a large amount of text I cannot find this feature, this is maybe Opera only store the data that was saved last time.

Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Fastest Browsing Apps

Pros:

Low in RAM really beneficial for me as it helps in fast searching. The sidebar and little features such as bookmark also interesting while using the application. Overall, using Opera in small research may be beneficial and fast for students like me.

Cons:

Different from other browsing apps, I realize Opera have small researching system which means many other things that I want to search will not found. As a student I have to find many things such as big file, articles, maybe a whole book for my studies. Opera lacks of this part which makes me switch to other browsing application. Even though, I really recommend people to use Opera for small things as it really fast in researching.

Lucas
Owner in South Africa
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

What I like about this app

Comments: Opera is a good software and it's too good for communicating with customers on digital platform, it doesn't costs that much like other softwares.

Pros:

This software have a global market, helps my business to reach worldwide market and it's always open, operates 24/7.

Cons:

Opera mini is the most slowest software I even seen almost my whole entire life, it is full of ads and it sometimes jam.