• Overall

About UniFocus

UniFocus technology offers best-in-class workforce management tools that empower managers to make smarter, faster decisions.

Learn more about UniFocus

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used UniFocus before?

Joe J.
Golf Ops Manager in US
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Unifocus review

5 5 months ago

Comments: Effortless management dealing with scheduling.

Pros:

Easy to view scheduling and time punches.

Cons:

Layout is organized very well. Maybe it could show who was scheduled and has not clocked in for their shift and keep track of who was late/ no shows.

Malu R.
HR Manager in US

no service

5 5 months ago

Comments: no answer on support questions by text, email or phone message

Pros:

the simplicity of it and its easy to use

Cons:

the system its all good, if it works correctly

June W.
Paymaster in Canada
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to use and very productive tool/ application.

5 5 months ago

Comments: Very helpful experience. It gives the user to forecast and budget as per level of capacity.

Pros:

The application is very important tool for our forecasting and budgeting.

Cons:

Accurate database should be always maintained to the full especially we are using job title as main code. No more number code.

Jeroen G.
Director of Guest Services in US

Convenient LMS system

5 5 months ago

Comments: Convenient way of scheduling love the LMS tools and I only hear positive feedback from the pack members using it.

Pros:

The LMS features, the fact that pack members can swap shifts and the point system.

Cons:

That the head of department is not able to add or to remove pack members.

Kris V.
Venue manager in Canada

User since day 1

2 5 months ago

Pros:

The overall end results on a day to day, week to week are good

Cons:

Program pulls into too much information to generate ease of use

5 months ago

Kris, thank you for your review. We would like to discuss your comment regarding too much information. We strive to give pertinent information in the management of labor within our platform and would like to learn your perspective on making it easier to use. Please reach out to us at [email protected] at your earliest convenience.

Aj B.
Security attendant in US
Security & Investigations, 501-1,000 Employees

UniFocus

4 5 months ago

Pros:

I enjoy the use of easy and the UI of using this product everyday.

Cons:

Every now and then this products has some lag issues, not responsive.

Allyson C.
Food and Beverage Supervisor in US

Unifocus is ehh.

3 5 months ago

Comments: Its only i suppose, best part is easy use and navigation for the phone app. It is a bit complex for the desktop version but not bad

Pros:

I like that it's easy to navigate. I work with lots of non-native English speakers as well and access is easy for them and everyone.

Cons:

My Unifocus crashes on the daily, a few times a day. I can use it for a bit, shut my phone off, then go back to the app and it crashes or logs me out automatically, even though i clicked "remember me" when signing in

Tom P.
Chef de Cuisine in Puerto Rico
Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Unlimited Potential

5 5 months ago

Pros:

I’m still a novice user. Haven’t learned all the tools that it has to offer. I love the ease when it comes to scheduling employees. Love that you can copy and paste weekly schedules. I love how it provides the schedule information to our company’s payroll system. Looking forward to learning all of the available tools that the program offers.

Cons:

Can’t think of any dislikes. Just looking to spend more time on the site to take advantage of all of the tools that the program offers.

Rodney B.
Assistant General Manager in US
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

Solid platform for time management

4 5 months ago

Pros:

Time clocks and labor management synergy

Cons:

Many of the reports are very difficult to use for the purpose we need them to be used for.

5 months ago

RodNey, thank you for your review. We would like to review the reports with you. Also, the Labor Dashboard is dynamic and may suit your needs as well. Please contact us at [email protected] and we will review our reporting options with you.

Jean S.
Chief Steward in Canada

Bring Back Shift View

4 4 months ago

Pros:

Shift view in the past was an awesome time saver which unfortunately has been removed with the new upgrades, bring it back. Make the setup so it fits on one screen please

Cons:

Since the upgrade staff and shift do not fit on one screen. BRING BACK SHIFT VIEW, this is how I set up the week, then fill the shift. The upgrade has somehow managed to make this a longer process then it once was. Bring back the binocular view, so I can set a colleague up for the entire week. Old setup was much faster.

4 months ago

Thank you for your review and comments. The binocular view is available in the dropdown when you right click on the employee name. You can also add and drop shifts when you select the open shifts field on the day you want to schedule. Please reach out to this reply and I will be most happy to schedule a session to show you the options as they are built in version 10. -Regards Eddie Hartmann [email protected]

Marie M.
Athletic Director in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees

UniFocus

4 5 months ago

Comments: I'm neutral, I have not had the opportunity to try other programs because this is what my employer uses.

Pros:

It is easy to use for logging my employees time and attendance

Cons:

There are many features that are difficult to use, for example, if I am trying to apply schedules for each employee, when you have 25 plus employees with changing schedules , the program tends to be a lot of work to complete.

Stephanie D.
Spa Director in US

Easy to use

5 5 months ago

Pros:

I like Unifocus overall. It has so many features and they are user friendly, which is important to me.

Cons:

There are so many things available that it can be overwhelming. The training course that I attended recently helped though.

Tamas A.
Executive Sous Chef in US
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

Good product in some areas, in some other areas it does not translate well to my field

5 4 months ago

Comments: Overall it is a good payroll tracking software in my opinion. I only use it for that feature. I cant really opinionate on the rest of the features.

Pros:

Its easy to use, convenient to track payroll,

Cons:

I wish the mobile version would have full functionality

Michael S.
Executive Chef in US
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

My Opinion

4 5 months ago

Comments: going well

Pros:

i can log in from anywhere, can be helpful on a day off

Cons:

hard to correct times at times, would like better reporting to be done

Grant B.
Executive Chef in US
Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Grant Baker Unifocus Review

5 5 months ago

Comments: Great system. Easy to use.

Pros:

The ability to copy and paste schedules.

Cons:

I wish messaging employees was a little easier.

Zachary S.
Tower Manager in US
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Great Software

5 5 months ago

Comments: Great experience

Pros:

I like that this product is easy to use.

Cons:

There is nothing that I do not like about this product.

Aja B.
outlet manager in US

Everyday Use

5 4 months ago

Pros:

It helps with forecasting and recording the punches'

Cons:

There is nothing that I don't like about the software

Claudia C.
Dir of Hotel Owner Relations in US

Easy to Use

5 5 months ago

Pros:

Very user-friendly, easy to be at both ends of the process.

Cons:

I really have no cons to this software (at the level I am using) so the only thing I would bring up is getting the graphics a bit more exciting:)

Anissia A.
HR Manager in US
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

Needs improvement

2 5 months ago

Pros:

Not a fan of the software. The software is not the most intuitive.

Cons:

Not a fan of the software. It is not sync with ADP. The benefit calculations for PTO aren't available. Specialized reports are not easily avail.

Alternatives Considered: ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to UniFocus: Was not my choice to go with Unifocus.

5 months ago

Anissia, thank you for taking the time to respond. We strive to provide the best solutions for our partners. We interface well with other systems and would like to discuss your benefits issue and specialized reports. We have a large library of reports that may accommodate. Please reach out to us at [email protected] and we will be happy to help find a solution for you promptly.

Edith G.
Accounting Manager in US
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees

Reports are great unsure about our company's effectiveness using it.

4 5 months ago

Comments: I don't have any decision making power on this but for us, it seems silly to have ADP and Unifocus instead of just having one.

Pros:

I run reports on hourly vs salary for weekly report. I like being able to switch between platforms with very little easy and/or change a parameter with ease.

Cons:

Does not keep track of PTO anymore through Unifocus. It was never correct.

5 months ago

Hello Edith and thank you for your review. Please contact us at [email protected] as we would like to discuss your PTO balances and would also like to discuss your reporting to ensure that information is delivered to assist in your tasks.

Claudia R.
Director of Human Resources in US

Great labor management tool

5 5 months ago

Comments: Very satisfied with the software.

Pros:

I like the labor management tools that are available on a daily basis. It is a very easy program to use and understand. The forecasting and integration with our other systems is seamless.

Cons:

Fixing the issue of UniFocus, Snag and DDHP not being able to communicate properly when an employee is not removed in a timely fashion. If an employee is still scheduled in UF after an employee is termed.

Jennifer P.
AGM in US

Cost Effective

5 5 months ago

Comments: Overall it is a very user friendly and not time consuming.

Pros:

It is very user friendly. The way I can upload/export, all the information into our company's database.

Cons:

The reports on forecasting. That is only because I have not been properly trained.

Magdalena C.
Director of Accounting in Bermuda

Good product overall

4 5 months ago

Pros:

The product is certainly very useful and helps forecast payroll more accurately.

Cons:

The system is not always "intuitional" and at times it can be too complicated. I wish certain functions could be automated, e.g. adding new position to labor structure and then to the budget lines too. Reporting could be improved as well - I really miss ability to create my own reports. Some reports contain a lot of data but you only need part of them. Step-by-step manual could be useful too.

Greg V.
General Manager Revue & Garrison in US

Excellent system

5 4 months ago

Comments: When used properly Watson is a huge time saver for department head and assistant managers as it does much of the schedule writing for them.

Pros:

I really appreciate the ease of use and intuitive UI. It really has the flexibility to accomplish whatever you might need to do and has the ability to really understand real world scheduling.

Cons:

The training program is a little dense and could be better tiered out. It's a big system to try to teach in one sitting.

Drew J.
Director of Finance in US

sorry - not a fan

3 4 months ago

Comments: in a word - struggles - and at this point - not a fan- not likely to become one - use the budgeting software as well - and continually volunteer to Beta other products

Pros:

I have yet to find that "wow this is great" feature

Cons:

support - ease of use - connectivity - reports - frustration - we seem to struggle with the clocks - finger scan to operation - to reports - interface with ADP - would prefer to be on one platform

4 months ago

Dear Drew, Thank you for your review and comments. We would like to meet with you to review the use of reports and what your struggles are with them as well as with the time clock. It is a smart clock and thus it should operate effortlessly for your employees and perhaps we should look at cleaning or replacing the finger pad. We have a new dashboard and features in version 10 of Budgeter that I would like to show you. Perhaps we can find that 'wow' factor or feature. Again, thank you and we look forward to hearing from you at [email protected]