15 years helping Irish businesses

About Google Maps

Google Maps is a mapping software that uses JavaScript to provide interactive maps and location-based services.

Learn more about Google Maps

Pros:

This is hands down the best maps and navigation website and app out there. Apple Maps integration with Siri is nice, but Google Maps is supreme.

Cons:

It lags sometimes, like when your service is lost and it connects back again there's a slight lag in the system.

Google Maps ratings

4.7
4.3
4.6
4.8

9.2/10

Google Maps has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 1,621 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Google Maps before?

Filter reviews (1,621)

Meet
Meet
Cloud Engineer in India
Computer & Network Security, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Roads Encylopedia: A Google Maps

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, my experience with Google Maps has been positive. It's been really helpful for finding places and getting around, especially when I'm in a new area.

Pros:

What I liked most about Google Maps is its ease of use and accurate navigation. It's simple to find locations and get directions, making it convenient for everyday use.

Cons:

The app occasionally provides inaccurate directions or outdated information, which can be frustrating when trying to navigate to a new location

Randy
Director Copr. Operations in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

Google maps used by Samsara

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Ease of use, features for traffic visualization, able to change views and use street level when trying to find a location

Cons:

Some of the interface is not very intuitive when trying to build a a route

Destiny
Bartender in US
Food & Beverages, Self Employed

It’s just a little nap

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

It normally pops up with accurate directions

Cons:

It always takes you the longest route, not a phantom that

Nilesh
Intermediate Representative
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Google Maps review

Comments: My overall experience with Google Maps has been excellent.

Pros:

I like the accuracy and turn by turn instructions. This makes it very easy to reach my destination.

Cons:

This is very rare, but sometimes the directions go around in circles and not get me anywhere.

Eli
Electrical Engineer in US
Computer & Network Security, 10,000+ Employees

Why Google Maps is amazing.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It has been incredible. It has made vacations and family trips easy and even if I am driving to some place close by, I will still use it so that I can get there fast. I don't know what I would do without Google Maps.

Pros:

I really appreciate the accuracy and convenience of Google Maps. It always provides me with the most efficient routes to my destination, taking into account real-time traffic conditions. Additionally, the app offers a lot of helpful information about local businesses, such as their operating hours, reviews, and contact information. It has definitely made navigating unfamiliar areas much easier for me.

Cons:

One issue is that the app can be quite data-intensive, which could be problematic for those with limited data plans. Additionally, some friends of mine have reported inaccuracies in the directions provided by the app, particularly in rural or remote areas where the map data may be less up-to-date. Finally, others might find the app's user interface to be somewhat cluttered or difficult to navigate, although this is largely a matter of personal preference.

Rayhann
Student in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Google Maps Review

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I really like how Google Maps is optimal to use. For instance, it uses machine learning and data reviews to predict traffic patterns and accurate times of arrival. One of the things I really like is how it gets the times of public transportation accurately when the actual website doesn't.

Cons:

One of the things I don't really like about Google Maps is how hard it is to "start" a navigation route and how to "customize" it. Of course, it's not hard to press the start button, but once you press start, changing the voice for navigation to on and off is hard to navigate and it's often frustrating. However, this isn't a major complaint, it's just from my own experience.

Construction, 11–50 Employees

Great Navigation Software

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Greate Navigation App and I'm using Google Maps wherever I go. Google Maps is my everyday navigation app.

Pros:

Pros: I like Google Maps for great navigation app, as most people use Google Maps in my area. Google Maps has become essential for all drivers and people who try to find what and where they want to go. One more pro is that I can choose which road I should take and see any real-time traffic ahead before going.

Cons:

Cons: There are so few that I can say, but the main cons for me is that some time the instructions for the navigations take me to the long road rather than send me the route of less traffic and less time of travel.

Janice
Marketing Specialist in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Google Maps is Extremely Useful

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I use Google Maps on a daily, and sometimes weekly, basis to locate downs, zips, and other pertinent information to assist in not only directions, but mailing list determinations (based on city).

Pros:

It's ability to provide not only overall views and directions, but the street view option is wonderful, especially when our drivers are having difficulty finding a house. The street views provides a clear picture of where they are headed and what to look for.

Cons:

I haven't found any cons to Google Maps.

Nisha
pic in US
Pharmaceuticals, 2–10 Employees

Directions have never been easier!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

We love our google maps application. We are a small business that goes on deliveries throughout the surround neighborhoods and we deliver to patients. Patients medications need to be delivered in a timely manner and what better way to be timely using google maps to get us there the most quick and easiest way. The directions are always clear.

Cons:

We have no cons for using our google maps app

Katie
Administrative Assistant in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

I can't go anywhere without it

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experience is great. I use this every time I'm traveling somewhere unless its to work or home and sometimes I even use it for that if I'm trying to see if there is a quicker route.

Pros:

I like the fact that I don't get lost while using Google Maps. If I go anywhere that's unfamiliar to me, I use this and never have any issues. I've even used this before to find where I was going after getting lost and that's when I started using it all the time.

Cons:

There is one area near me that it doesn't work great for. I was lost in that area and I followed Google Maps but it didn't get me where I needed to go due to construction and a crowded area but it eventually got me to where I was able to figure it out.

Jared
App Auditor Analytics in US
Consumer Electronics, Self Employed

Time is $ in America 🇺🇸... Time is everything everywhere else

Comments: Solutions via business location adding to the correct longitude and latitude, it's critical to be correct to serve the short fused impatient millennial's.

Pros:

The drafts saving feature would be most important. However after two attempts 6 sentences 17 min each. Didn't save as drafts. Lost forever, I only hope to be incorrect. It was important feedback along with important time now for nothing LOST forever !

Cons:

Draft posts stating saved. Only to be not saved. Losing important time and contributions.

Ameer
Director in Pakistan
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Google Maps, the best you can think of..

Comments: I simply love Google Maps for all the features that it provides in a single software. We have become so used to it that its difficult to imagine life without it.

Pros:

Google Maps is a free of cost and extremely easy to use software that you can use to find your location on map using GPS, instantly search a destination and the routes leading to it, or just to survey an area. It provides different type of map layer like satellite, terrain or traditional simplified map, from which you can choose the one you like. Google Maps roll out updates on regular basis to include new features like live traffic updates or showing public places like Malls, Gas Station, ATMs, Hotels, Cafes, hospitals etc at a location. It also allows you to have location based weather checks. Its navigation feature has became an integral part of modern driving an traveling, which gives you a highly accurate estimated time of your journey, finds you the best route and guides you with voice alerts to your destination along the route. Also it can give you a time estimate for multiple modes of travel like by foot, cycle, bus or car for the same destination. Another feature that I like the most in Google Maps is that it allows you to share with other which makes it easy to find each other rather than looking for a particular address or landmark here and there.

Cons:

Technically Google Maps is a very well desiged software and all of it features works very well, but it is a heavy software and the only flaw that it ahve is that it very rapidly drains your battery if you are using it on a smart phone.

MD Rashedul
MD Rashedul
Supply Chain Manager in Bangladesh
Retail, 11–50 Employees

The Ultimate Navigation Tool

Comments: In my experience, Google Maps is an incredibly useful and reliable navigation tool that has helped me navigate my way through countless cities and towns. The app's accuracy, wide range of features, and user-friendly interface make it an essential tool for anyone who travels frequently or needs directions to a new location. However, the app's battery drain and privacy concerns can be a downside for some users. Overall, I highly recommend Google Maps to anyone looking for a reliable navigation tool.

Pros:

Accurate and reliable navigation: Google Maps provides highly accurate and up-to-date maps, making it easy to navigate unfamiliar roads and find your way around town. The app is also equipped with real-time traffic updates, which helps you avoid congested areas and arrive at your destination on time.Wide range of features: Google Maps is more than just a navigation tool. The app offers a variety of features such as street view, satellite imagery, and indoor maps, allowing you to explore places from the comfort of your home or office. Additionally, the app has integrated search functionality, which makes it easy to find nearby restaurants, gas stations, and other points of interest.User-friendly interface: Google Maps has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, even for first-time users. The app is designed to be intuitive, with clear and concise instructions that guide you through every step of your journey.

Cons:

Battery drain: Using Google Maps for an extended period can drain your smartphone battery quickly. This is especially true if you have your screen on and are using GPS to navigate.Privacy concerns: Google Maps collects a lot of data about its users, including their location, search history, and even their home and work addresses. While this information is used to improve the app's functionality, it raises privacy concerns for some users.Limited offline functionality: Google Maps requires an internet connection to function properly. This means that if you're traveling in an area with poor or no connectivity, you may not be able to use the app to its full potential.

Beth
US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Eh ... for some things, yes. Others no.

Pros:

When I'm online and I want to check to see how far someplace is from me, Google Maps is definitely the place I go to check. So I do use it a lot. And it is integrated into a lot of websites, so you can get directions from it, but I have learned the hard way that the directions Google Maps provides are not always that great. And when you're on a motorcycle, going somewhere you've never been before, that is not the time to have your GPS directions suddenly mess up. And that has happened more times than I can say. In one sense, the feature of being able to put yourself on the street and get a 360 view of what ANY place looks like is nice, because you know what to look for when you're arriving some where new. However, when I was looking up an address near me, out of curiosity, I swiped the map over my own house, and it was a little creepy to have a satellite view of my house, with my motorcycle and car in the driveway. It's a little Big Brother-ish to me, which is something that has been starting to really bother me a lot lately. I mean, really? Google now either has their own satellites or can access satellite views of the entire world? I thought that stuff was reserved for the government and the CIA. Yes, it integrates with a lot of platforms, as all Google products do. Yes, it has nice features and you can find out a lot of information through Google Maps. But ... again, do you really want a company that knows almost everything about you because of their seamless integration into your life and observation of everything you do, say, buy, sell, look at, search for, etc. online to include observation by satellite to such a detailed degree that you can see your exboyfriend sitting on your back porch smoking? And if they can do that, then how come they can't get the directions right?

Cons:

Upon reflection, it appears that most of the things I listed in the pros section of this review are actually pretty negative, and I have to say, that is my general feeling about Google Maps. It's like undressing in front of an open window - there's no privacy at all anymore with Google. Ever wonder why they offer so many things for free? Look what they're getting in return - they know every detail about you. And even with this satellite sky-stalker ability, and all the nice little features they include on their app, the directions are almost always wrong when I've used it. Or clicking the "no tolls" option (because who wants to dig for change while they're on a motorcycle?) and surprise? They still send you via the toll road option. Or the GPS loses connection in the middle of a trip and you're no longer getting instructions via the earpieces in your helmet. I use Waze for all my travel needs now and it has never let me down. For a quick look up online if I need to know something, sure I'll use Google Maps. But that's about as far as I trust it anymore.

Jason
Jason
Owner/Supervisor/Installer in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Stop Getting Lost, Use Google Maps

Comments: Overall Google Maps helps the traveling side of the business flow more smoothly without many problems or issues. This also helps to save on valuable time that would otherwise be used in troubleshooting. The many features and options offered help us to navigate to the best of our abilities.

Pros:

When you think about navigation apps, Waze and Mapquest instantly come to mind but people often overlook one if the best ones due to it coming pre-installed on phones from the factory. Google Maps offers so much more than consumers give credit for. For one the features and options, such as the different views of default, satellite, and terrain. These comes in very handy when trying to determine the elevation or when your just scanning for certain details, points, or other such items. Google Maps is also quite user friendly and even offers on screen tips to keep things flowing smoothly. The traffic feature is a hit with all the employees who keep an eye on it while driving to help avoid the usual traffic jams and slow moving sections of roadway. It has greatly improved our percentage of on time arrivals, as info from customer review cards have told us. It offers us options for many different types of transportation, letting us customize our trips and their details. The feature that is used the most is the route options which shows employees different ways and the times each one is estimated to take. The offline save option is very handy, as many of our work sites are often located in areas with little to no network signal. Oh, you cant beat the price either....FREE. In closing I must bring this point back up, dont overlook or under value Google Maps just because its a pre-installed app because it is one of the best overall.

Cons:

One of the biggest cons I have come across is that there is no direct way to share your map information directly to social media. Also it does seem to pit quite a strain on your battery. Of course there is times where map information may not be 100% correct or live but this is to be expected with all navigation apps. The last issue I have come across is when you miss a direction turn the app often stay locked to the pre determined route, instead of recalcilating a alternate route.

Jennifer
Jennifer
Teacher in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Accurate live data

Pros:

What I like the most about using this software is the consistent and constant updated data it provides. Whenever I input an address for directions, Google Maps will provide me with all the routes available with the amount of time it will take to get there based on distance and traffic in real-time. It will even suggest taking an alternate route while already in route, if it finds a more convenient route to take. I also especially love how I am able to search nearby specific establishments that are on the way to my destination, whether it is a gas station, coffee shop, or a restaurant. Highly recommend this app, because it is always accurate, and it is extremely convenient in all its features that it provides.

Cons:

I'd have to say that the only thing negative thing that has happened a few times is the exact pinpoint of my current location. Once in a while, it will think I am on the street parallel to the one that I am actually on and try to reroute me. I continue the route that I was originally following, and eventually, the GPS matches back to where I actually am. I think if there was a way to accurately calibrate the precise location of where I am, the problem could be easily solved.

Sanchit
Sanchit
Software Engineer in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

How is this tool free?!

Comments: Google Maps is my partner in crime, while it can always be better it is without doubt the closest I've seen to app perfection

Pros:

I find it really strange Maps is free, when I can safely say a large majority of users would've been willing to pay for it. The wealth of data at our fingertips is unimaginable. Whether you like to drive, take transit, walk, bike, or rideshare, Maps has you covered. Even combinations of most of these modes with transit works (save for biking). Ride times are very accurate, transit arrival times are very accurate, traffic data is accurate. Warnings for road closures, bus route deviations. Searching for restaurants, hours, menu, reviews, images. It really is my little travel advisor. I love that they keep making it better. They recently added music playback integration in the app itself, along with walking + transit even if walking took a long while, eg. if it was a 1hr walk they would previously just show rideshare as an option. All in all, likely my single most used app. Great job devs

Cons:

I wish there was a way to keep being able to look up places without exiting your ongoing trip for modes besides transit, eg. If you have a walking trip going but you want to search for food in a particular area you have to exit your trip, do your thing, then restart the trip. This works seamlessly for transit though

Rich
Executive Director/Owner in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Google Maps Review

Comments: Getting my technicians to job sites, mostly residential properties, efficiently/timely and accurately is critical to my business in keep clients pleased with our service and expectations for tech arrivals. Google Maps provides us the tool that gives my techs the peace of mind that the tool with guide them to the property sites on time and accurately.

Pros:

In our business, we are always on the go, on the road, completing job assessments or jobs associated with residential properties thus having an online tool that helps us get to our job sites efficiently is very important to us, as it can save us a lot of time and money in this process.

Cons:

In some rare instances, it can misdirect you to a property on the wrong side of the street for a job site. This is extremely rare and by far an exception. Beyond this, it works exceptionally well for us.

Corine
Corine
Student in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

The Map I Trust Most

Comments: Overall, I have had a very positive experience with Google Maps. I don't use any other software for maps and directions. I rarely go anywhere without using Google Maps because I rely on it so much! There are a lot of features that Google Maps has that I love, besides the regular map/directions. I like that if you are looking for a coffee shop or a hair salon you can just type that into the Google Maps search and it will show you all of the available options in your area. Google Maps is an excellent software that really goes above and beyond. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Pros:

For me, what I like most about this software is that it is usable anywhere in the world! It will give you accurate directions in any country! I've used Google Maps not only in the US, but also in the Middle East and in Europe! I also love that it gives very accurate eta and shows where there will be the most traffic. I completely trust Google Maps overall.

Cons:

What I least like about this software is that sometimes it saves your parking location, which is helpful when trying to find your car later on, but sometimes it doesn't save the parking information. I feel like I never know when it's going to save my parking location and when it isn't, so I don't really rely on it when it comes to parking.

Andrew
Andrew
IT Manager in UK
Farming, 51–200 Employees

The best navigation software ever!

Comments: I could not do without it for my job (Driving around to customers etc) and would never go back to a standard GPS.

Pros:

Nothing to not like about Google maps, amazing for scouting out places before you visit, hop across the world in a mouse click and most impressive is the navigation side of it all. Uses minimal phone battery and the traffic routing is incredible! Not many people realise that google use the data from other users on the road to identify traffic jams and slow moving roads, this gives google an unprecedented amount of traffic data which makes the updates so fast and accurate! Also means that jams and slow moving traffic can be detected in small side roads/country lanes which could not have been done before (with standard traffic cameras).

Cons:

Its a shame they removed the phone app functionality to turn the screen off between instructions, but its not the end of the world as the battery usage is quite reasonable.

Internet, Self Employed

Easiest and the most convenient navigation tool!

Comments: Overall, my experience with Google Maps is very positive. I use it daily to travel places and I trust it more than any other apps out there.

Pros:

It's super easy to use. Unlike other navigation tools, Google Maps has a super easy user interface which makes it very simple to understand. Even my grandfather uses Google Maps to go to places now because it doesn't complicate him.

Cons:

The one criticism I have is that Google Maps sometimes doesn't have the maps updated in certain locations. This makes it challenging sometimes when you're driving and not sure where to go because the map in the app isn't like the one in the road.

Kala
Operations Manageer in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Google maps...gets us where we need to go!

Comments: Overall we love google maps. Linking this software to other apps is so helpful as well. When I add a job to the calendar for my team, they simply select the event in google calendar, tap the address, and it opens google maps and directs them to our project Working from your truck is tough, google maps makes it simpler!

Pros:

This software is free, and comes in handy for business and personal life every day. I love how it accounts for traffic, and gives multiple route options when leading me to my destination.

Cons:

This feature has improved tremendously over the years, but sometimes I feel the app does not give adequate notice before a turn, especially on the highway when you may have to cross multiple lanes.

Katelyn
Phone Counselor in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Never get lost again

Comments: My overall experience is joy. I remember back in the day using a gps then when all of a sudden I lost it I started getting lost going places. Ever since finding Google maps it has changed my life, making traveling anywhere in the world so easy. I don't ever have to be worried getting lost again with Google maps.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to find where you need to go. Putting in the address and Google maps giving you the best route to your destination really decreases my stress level when trying to get somewhere. I have used Google maps for many years now, and even more so with my work now because I work from home. Being able to direct customers to an office using Google maps helps me and my patients! I am so grateful for this amazing tool.

Cons:

To be honest there isn't anything I don't like. Google maps really takes the cake for me.

Sarah
Sarah
CEO in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Best directions and easy to follow

Comments: I love using Google maps every day. I like how easy it is and all the options make it very versatile on how you need it to be. I love Google maps and am going to continue using them.

Pros:

I liked how easy it was to follow the directions and how clear they were. When I put in the address it shows the shortest way without all the traffic.Really makes my job easier when looking for clients houses. Doesn't cost an arm and a led either.ive used Google maps for over two years and don't plan on changing.

Cons:

There was nothing that I didn't like. They thought of everything that you would need to know. Gives you different options for walking and driving. There's nothing I can think of that I didn't like about Google maps

Margie
Margie
Self Employed in US
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Best there is

Comments: Even though there are a few issues it is still the easiest map app I have tried.

Pros:

Google maps are simple to use, very self-explanatory, gives many options of travel as well as levels of view. Allows you to share your location or for others to share their location with you. You can search for a particular gas station or store along your current set route. You can enter in more than one destination and Google Maps will display the routes and you can rearrange the stops to put them in any order you need no matter what order they were entered.

Cons:

I remember at one time there was a feature where other users could mark Google Maps to let others know where there was an accident, police presence, or slow traffic. That was EXTREMELY helpful, yet they took it away. Destination, road updates, and business information are not always up to date and there is nowhere to offer corrections for investigation.