About Trello

A visual collaboration tool that creates a shared perspective for your team on any project in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way.

Learn more about Trello

Pros:

Trello's design and user-friendly interface makes this software not only extremely effective, but also visually pleasing. I am a designer by trade and I like things to be beautiful.

Cons:

I hate the way that they don't have a customer for Linux. I likewise hate that it's an electronic application that you must be online to utilize.

Trello ratings

4.5
4.3
4.3
4.6

8.5/10

Trello has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 22,345 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Trello before?

Filter reviews (22,345)

Suhailah
Suhailah
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Retail, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Help my team with task management

Comments: Trello has become part of our team to organized our daily task and project. All the task can be track on real-time to avoid any missing or unfinished task of the project. Me and my team has a very positive experience all the time we have deployed it on our work system.

Pros:

There are various point that what i really like with this software. Collaborating on project with my team and with team on other department on our organization is very easy and not confusing at all. Integration with third party services like Google Mail or MailChimp help me to organizing and managing my email on one single software.

Cons:

It takes time to fully get comfortable and learning all the feature and tool that in-build in this software. A training is a must for us for all the team members can maximized all the tools to the maximum. Apart of that, i see no other issue with this software.

CEO in US

Trello: A User-Friendly and Flexible Tool for Managing Projects and Tasks

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I really appreciate the ease of use and flexibility of Trello. The user-friendly interface makes it easy to navigate and understand, even for those who are new to project management tools. I love how I can adapt it to different types of projects, teams, and workflows, it's perfect for both personal and professional use. The visual aspect of Trello is a huge plus for me, I can easily see the status of tasks and projects which helps me to stay on top of my work. Furthermore, the ability to integrate with other tools and the mobile app make it accessible from anywhere. I often find myself using it on my phone during my commute, which helps me to stay productive. Overall, I find Trello to be a great tool for managing tasks and projects, and I highly recommend it.

Cons:

one thing I like least about Trello is that it may not have all the advanced features that some users may need. For example, it doesn't have built-in time tracking or resource management features, which can make it less suitable for larger projects or teams. Additionally, the free version of Trello has some limitations on the number of cards and attachments, it may not be enough for some users. Furthermore, some users may find that Trello's notifications can be overwhelming at times, and it may be difficult to filter out which ones are important.

entin
Owner in Canada
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Not easy for beginner

3.0 5 days ago New

Comments: was think will help along the way but it's more complicated, need to learn me and need to teach my team which is wasting my time more, I will find easier software

Pros:

Maybe more organized, but I need to spend time learning.

Cons:

not friendly for beginner, who need to spend time learning and not everyone has it

Caitlyn
Editor-In-Chief in US
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

Great projects managing software for anyone starting out with a small team

Comments: Trello was a great software to get my feet wet, sotospeak, when it came to getting the hang of using a project management software for my business. It definitely helped me to graduate to the next level in my ability to keep my team productive. Even as my team has grown, I have decided to keep the Trello software for the purposes of managing all of my management teams scheduling, tasks, and etc. Because, as I have said throughout this review, I found as my business grew that Trello is made for businesses that are just starting out and need something to help them learn the ropes of project management. Or, they are great for businesses that have a small intimate group of team members. So, overall I would say my experience with using this software to keep my team on time, on task, and on the same page has been a good one.

Pros:

There are a lot of pros when it comes to using this software. It's great for listing projects in order of priority, managing projects, as well as being able to update the workflow and track the progress of each project. It is great for anyone who has a team of at least two or three people.

Cons:

The only issue I really see here is the fact that this software is obviously built for someone who is just starting out, or only has a team of, at most, five people. So, if you are looking for something to help delegate work and keep everyone on the same page for you management team, this is perfect for you. However, if you are planning on managing a large scale personnel operation, I would supplement this software with something else that can help you manage a larger group of people.

Alternatives Considered: Airtable, monday.com, ClickUp, Hive and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Trello: I decided to use Trello, because it looked like the best software to meet my needs and the needs of my team, after I watched a demo.

Amr
Amr
Seniro Project Manager in Egypt
Banking, 501-1,000 Employees

A Simple and Intuitive Tool for Organizing and Prioritizing Team Projects

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: it easy for teams to organize and prioritize their work. The tool also offers a range of features such as labels, due dates, and attachments, that help users to stay organized and on top of their tasks. Additionally, the wide range of integrations with other tools such as Google Drive, Slack and Jira, makes it a great choice for teams that use multiple tools to manage their work. Overall, Trello is considered as a simple yet powerful tool that can help teams increase their productivity and work more efficiently.

Pros:

Trello is its visual and intuitive interface that uses a kanban-style board to help teams organize and prioritize their work. The highly visual layout makes it easy for users to understand and navigate, and the ability to create boards for different projects and add tasks in the form of cards, which can then be moved across columns to indicate progress, makes it simple and effective tool for managing projects.

Cons:

the range of features such as labels, due dates, and attachments, help users to stay organized and on top of their tasks.

Margarita
Human Resources Sr. Manage in Ecuador
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees

The Collaborative Task Management Tool for Teams.

4.0 5 days ago New

Comments: Overall, my experience with Trello has been positive. It is a great tool for managing projects and staying organized. It is easy to use and has a lot of features that make it a great choice for project management.

Pros:

I like that Trello is a very user-friendly and intuitive project management tool. It is great for organizing tasks and tracking progress on projects. It offers a variety of features, such as creating boards, lists, and cards, that allow the user to customize their project management system to their needs. Additionally, the visual nature of Trello makes it easy to understand progress and quickly make changes when needed. I also appreciate the ability to collaborate with others and assign tasks to team members.

Cons:

What I dislike about Trello is that there isn't a lot of flexibility when it comes to customization. Additionally, there is no native support for some features, such as Gantt charts and time tracking.

Bryan
Alarm Technician in US
Security & Investigations, 201-500 Employees

Keeping Track

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

What I like is that I can plan ahead with my team for what’s up coming and set schedules. I love that I can set tasks for me and my team and assign different tasks to my team members and they can up date me of when they started that task and where they are in that task and when they have completed the task. I can update my team members quickly and efficiently

Cons:

There are no cons to this software at all

Raul
Raul
Business Development Manager in Colombia
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 5,001-10,000 Employees

One of the best project management tools for business

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Awesome, highly recommended for every business

Pros:

Easy implementation, mobile version, easy to schedule and assign tasks, great collaboration features

Cons:

To access truly powerful features, you have to upgrade. It is not the best tool is the project size is too big.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Planner, Slack, Basecamp, monday.com, ClickUp, Wrike and Asana

Rodrigue
Rodrigue
Project Manager in Cameroon
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees

Excellent in every way

5.0 6 days ago New

Comments: The platform offers all the necessary facilities to manage large-scale projects. The knowledge and management of teams in the field depend greatly on it.

Pros:

I particularly like the way in which the interface can be customized as you wish and according to your needs. You have perfect control over the commands and the situation, you can easily create tasks, assign them and then follow their evolution step by step.

Cons:

It certainly takes time to master the multitude of functionalities available on the platform, counting of course the integration of external applications.

Solution Architect in Czechia
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

The best free project management tool

4.0 6 days ago New

Pros:

I find Trello to be the most suitable option for personal/small business projects. It offers kanban boards and it's variations, which are easy to manage and understand. It also offers integrations with other services such as Google Docs.

Cons:

For some advanced features, I would not recommend using it. I would rather use paid Jira.

Lee
Lee
Sr. Web Developer in US
Building Materials, 501-1,000 Employees

Great Software for Small Teams

Comments: It is great for small teams that aren't strictly held to a standard for regular sprint cycles. If you want a quick SCRUM or KANBAN experience for a hobby or small project it is perfect. If you're looking to manage a large scale development project, it is not scalable.

Pros:

It's very easy to use and extremely flexible for many styles of project management. Using it on several of my side projects not related to the core of my development role, I have been able to easily keep track of progress and manage the workflow for a small team and small projects. The plugins were fun to use as well. I really liked the "aging cards" effect for cards that haven't moved through the workflow fast enough.

Cons:

As a developer on many projects, Trello became cumbersome when we needed to scale and manage multiple projects. I wanted to, but the costs and features seemed to limit the scope of what we could do with various agile teams on numerous projects. I think it would have worked, but our contractors were looking for something more along the lines of JIRA for software development project management. We never got to try out multiple features or plugins with Trello as a whole. I did get to use it to manage my tasks related to JIRA issues, which was okay, but I eventually opted for tasks in JIRA. In short, it is hard to clearly define sprints and tasks for those sprints without having to repeatedly create new labels or new boards to separate sprints.

Alternatives Considered: Jira and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello: We needed a collaborative way to assign tasks and monitor the movement of those tasks from inception to completion.

Switched From: Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Trello: We chose Trello initially for ease of use and flexibility. We were unaware of the limitation of scale that eventually came from using it on large scale productions.

President in US
Publishing, 11-50 Employees

Great Tool for Staying on Track

Comments: It's a great tool. The paradigm of board / list / card is easy to follow and simple to teach to even the most technophobic user.

Pros:

Trello's "board / list / card" format makes it great for sharing tasks and passing them over to other departments to track production flow. Our company produces upwards of 200 new products per year so the production details are passed between departments and handed-off with ease with this tool.

Cons:

The Free Tier versus the Business Tier is a big jump. There's very little room to tiptoe into the commercial version of the tool. The Business version is expensive for large organizations. That being said, the free tier does everything we need it to do. The biggest downside of this system is that you can potentially back up the system by downloading json files, but there is NO TOOL to restore lost data! One would have to manually re-enter every card and every detail in the system which would be a disaster. They really do need to focus on their import/export abilities which are currently completely nonexistent.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Trello: Asana wasn't quite what we needed for our particular requirements, and Trello was very very easy to adapt to our needs.

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to Trello: A department head had previous experience with Trello and was convinced it was the perfect tool for our needs. They were right.

Nolan
Merch Analyst in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Trello Review

Comments: As mentioned above, my team can't do our tasks until the previous team has completed theirs (data management & order writing). Trello is my most-used software, we use it across my entire POD, and across each division as well. It helps make sure that nothing slips between the cracks and that other teams aren't being held up unnecessarily.

Pros:

Trello has become instrumental to my team's success whilst working in a remote environment. The way my different teams work with each other is similar to different cogs in a machine - each person has to do their task before the next team can start their work. My favourite thing about using Trello in our everyday is that you can create boards, lists etc. that are customizable. The Tagging feature is by far my favourite thing because you can let coworkers know in real-time when my piece of the puzzle is ready for them. Being able to integrate other programs into Trello (Dropbox, Google drive etc.) is a close second favourite feature!

Cons:

I haven't done a deep dive to see what causes this, but I get logged out of Trello all the time and have to sign in again. Could be a setting on my end and have nothing to do with the software though!

Aman
Scrum Master in US

Best once you get it

Comments: This is an excellent software. A little difficult at the first but once you get used to it. It is easy and reliable.

Pros:

This product is very useful for the users who want to organize their team working. The schedule and the team meetings. The user who are planning to organize sprint should use this software as it is very useful for sprint planning. I used it as Scrum Master to design product backlog

Cons:

It is little hard to get used to when we first started using this software and it is also tricky when we use it with other applications.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Teams and Lucidchart

Reasons for Choosing Trello: Trellis offered broader project tracking options. Jira is good if your target audience is fixed and limited otherwise trellis is the best.

Switched From: Jira

Reasons for Switching to Trello: Because of wide range of functionality and the ability of trello to adopt to change in target audience.

Nigel Masimba
Nigel Masimba
WordPress Developer in Zimbabwe

My Life is Beginning to Revolve Around Trello

Comments: Trello helps me plan both personal and business tasks, using a single account. I use it mainly for a simple "to do", "doing", "done" project boards. Additional panels that I have used include a duty roster that stayed mostly static and was moved from user to user depending on Because it's free I get to use it with little worry of being locked out. When I was first introduced to the concept of the kanban board I looked around for alternatives to Trello. Eventually, I returned to Trello because I found it to be the better option. If my work paid more I'd definitely upgrade to the premium tier and enable at least a few of the features I'm currently locked out of!

Pros:

Trello is free to use for basic functionality. Integration with third-party applications like Slack greatly improves the experience with Trello You can use Trello for both organising both business and personal tasks ( On separate boards, of course. ) The free tier of Trello allows teams to collaborate on boards. It also allows boards to be set to public, a useful feature when working on a local community project or open source project where there are stakeholders who want to see progress other than the team members. Trello sometimes upgrades your account to the premium level whenever you invite a large number of users. That's a great incentive to get people to use software that they will likely enjoy using. It's an excellent tool when team members are in a distributed work environment, as team members can collaborate without needing to see each other.

Cons:

Project web pages sometimes give an ambiguous error message when you try to open them while logged out. I would like to automate some tasks. For example, if there is a card that moves between two panels daily at certain times of the day, I'd like to have it just notify that the due time has been reached, and for me to just approve the reset, instead of open Trello and go and manually reset the card. It's hard to describe exactly what I mean without a visual aid.

Nancy
Sr. MIS Specialist/Business Analyst in US
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great team collaboration and organization tool

Comments: I am a beginner at Trello, so have not investigated all the functionality. That being said, I can envision, with proper licensing, utilizing Trello daily in my job, home, home business, and travel. A software vendor managing a new implementation developed a sort of scrum board with user stories, where we can post questions/concerns we come upon during the implementation life cycle. In addition to using a basic "post-it note" type board, I was very easily able to create a full series of test scripts and assign team members within the first 30 minutes of use. MUCH more elegant than a giant workbook! Browsing templates, I found a trip planner for Paris, which is where I plan to take my granddaughter next summer. I was effortlessly able to change the itinerary and edit embedded link to the Skyscanner power-up to point to our home airport and actual dates. My granddaughter is a member, so when she sees or thinks of something she wants to do, she can add a card or link to our trip board. Recently my business partner for our part-time Etsy shop sent a link to a Trello board template for inventory keeping, so after the holidays, we plan to start developing this for our shop. This is a fantastic tool to keep on track and take away the pain of sorting through so many activities, tasks, to-do's, plans, etc. Two thumbs up!

Pros:

Cloud based - available 24/7 without having to VPN in to a server that stores Project docs. Flexible - create test scripts, PM tasks/timelines, to-do lists, trip planning, inventory Fun - allows switching backgrounds, cute stickers, set reminders, embed links and maps, allows users to give it a personal touch and flair Easy - simple to use, with many templates available online. The seems to be no limit to the the uses one can imagine for this product. 5S - Eliminates the need for post-its and binders full of scribbled notes - just add a note/task/card and it is there in the cloud, accessible with a click for future reference.

Cons:

The only setback I have experienced is that an upgrade to 'business class' is required to utilize more than one "Power-up," per board. 'Power ups' are free add-ons different functions and enhancements and embedded links to maps, travel sites, calendars, etc.. I have not yet approached my company to purchase an upgrade, since I do not know who would use these multi-power-upped boards that would require additional 'business class' licenses. We ran in to this with PowerBI as well - great if there are only a few using, but the costs quickly accumulate once users see how greatly this would impact their work efforts. Without the power-up, I cannot get dates on tasks within a card to update automatically when changing the beginning date, because there does not seem to be a standard dependency/gantt feature like there is in Project.

Rick
Directo of sales in Canada

Just kept growing

Comments: You get a lot for free. I ran my last business on the free version alone. The power-ups really allow great integration and automation

Pros:

Started with Trello as a free planning and to-do product and it just kept growing and growing and growing. Best part is that unlike some products it kept growing with us becoming part of the daily production and planning process.

Cons:

My only complaint is that the search feature seems to be a little weak. The ranking of search results seems erratic. eg. if I search ACME inc. you would think the most recent or most frequently accessed cards would come up but they seem almost random.

Alternatives Considered: Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing Trello: more customizable

Switched From: Basecamp

Diana
Consulant in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Single User Review on Trello

Comments: Trello is very visual and it was a great intro to going with a kanban approach to project management. It's easy to pick up and like any new productivity product you need to step back and think about the best way to implement it. I found multiple ways of using Trello, from tracking tasks specific to web projects to using it as a digital tool organizer. I decided to create a list of what i.e., social media tool I was using per project. i.e., For one website I used HootSuite, for another website I used CoScheduler. For another website I used Planoly. Having an easy visual away to track these kinds of tools (mail lists) and configuration info was handy.

Pros:

This is a strong visual tool to get organized. Trello is among many project management tools you can try for free. I have several websites and tried Trello to track work I needed to complete for each site. I also created boards to track client work I was doing. Definitely take a few minutes to walk through Trello and try out the features it has to offer. The Pro is the basic principle is to think from left to right. Then get used to the idea of Boards, Lists and Cards. I setup a board specific to one of my websites. Within that board I created lists. The simplest thing to do is to setup lists like "To Do", "In Progress", "Done" and "On Hold". I created another list called "Article Ideas". Within each list you create cards. I move an article idea from To Do -> In Progress -> Done. Easy! It's quick to create labels to assign a card (think categories). You can assign a due date and assign a card (i.e., task) to someone on your team. I really like being able to create subtasks within each card. That's helped me immensely to see progress on one task that has multiple components. Check out some videos and their inspiration link (https://trello.com/inspiration). I'm really impressed with the Real Estate Listing that's on the inspiration page.

Cons:

My project management career had me deep in MS Project and document sharing was through Sharepoint. If you're looking for info on how it works in a larger team setting def Google, check out Quora, reddit, etc. Some of the concerns I saw were around security, so look into how Trello manages security/logins/permissions to access boards. You can only view info with a kanban view. If you want a Gantt view you need to install an extension, but that's free. My project management days had me deep in MS Project and Sharepoint for collaboration. If I were looking at Trello as a larger team management tool I might flip to Airtable.

Daniel
Daniel
Content creator in Romania
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Trello - how to better organize your live and team

Comments: I love Trello and any tool that saves time. Trello helped my team to collaborate effectively and I am fully satisfied with its features. I use it even for personal projects and it helped me to better organize my entire work.

Pros:

I have been using Trello for a year. My current status - if it isn't on a Trello board, it doesn't matter! Trello is a great team management tool that considerably streamlines the work within an agency. However, I use it even for personal projects - yeah, I keep track of my fitness stats on Trello. What did I like the most about this software? First of all, the onboarding process is simple even if Trello is a complex tool. I signed up for an account, I spent a few minutes to familiarize with boards and lists, and I started to work with my team. Congrats to the designers that created such a user-friendly interface. Second, Trello is my favorite tool because I can perfectly collaborate with my team. The manager assigns tasks in my list, my colleagues add contributions via cards and I set up the deadline and start working on the project. No more annoying emails, no more useless Skype calls and the work of our team is perfectly synced. Third, Trello helped me to better organize my personal stuff. For instance, a blogger shared his AI Trello board. I save much time by using that board; indeed it was the effort of that person, but Trello allowed sharing his outstanding work. I keep track of my fitness progress with Trello and I developed a solid plan for a new personal project - an AI blog. Wrapping up, everything is simple to organize with Trello.

Cons:

Nope. I have tried for almost 10 minutes to remember something that I didn't like about Trello and I don't have any cons.

Riccardo
Wood Crafter in Italy
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

An all-around project management tool

Pros:

Up until a few months ago, Trello mainly revolved around the Kanban board concept but I have to say that I'm glad that it has added other ways of viewing projects and tasks too. Sometimes, you need to zoom out to take a look at everything, while other times you need to zoom in to a particular aspect or task. Another thing Trello excels at is enabling users to automate repetitive tasks thanks to Butler. Initially an add-on, now Butler is a key feature included in your Trello account. Just think of the steps you carry out on a regular basis, think about what they're connected to and automate them to save plenty of time! And speaking of becoming more efficient, it's great that Trello integrates with a ton of other tools and apps both natively – through its Power-ups – and through third-party platforms like Zapier.

Cons:

The one thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that, in Trello, communication mainly happens through comments users leave to tasks. I think a different approach, that's more team communication-oriented could be a nice addition.

Tyler
Online Curriculum Developer in US
E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great product management for a team

Comments: A great product management tool for coordination. It took me some time to get used to all it could do and how I wanted to use it, but now I really enjoy it. The best part is the free option to use it (which is what I use) and it works well for my needs.

Pros:

Customizability and flexibility. I have really enjoyed using Trello at our university to coordinate course development across multiple departments. When I develop a course, it is easy to have each column of task cards in Trello be a week, with each task card an activity or page within my course. The checklist feature on the task cards is great for assigning items for different team members to do from writing instructions to reviewing uploaded documents. When they complete the activity, they simply check the box and it shows up on the task card's screen and on the main project management screen. I also utilize the labels feature on the task cards for different things to communicate to my team, such as "Hey, Course Lead, look here!" by assigning the red label. When you have a ton of cards, this labeling system helps to see at a quick glance the entire project and where you should focus. In short, a really good tool for product management that I encourage you to practice with. It is free to use, with some premium options if you want to explore more.

Cons:

Practice makes perfect. Trello is a great system, but it does take some initial effort to really streamline the way you want to use it. Because of its customizability and flexibility, it can be easy to get overwhelmed at first with all the features. You also need to work with your team members you invite to coordinate on Trello to get them used to checking it regularly before you start to see its true potential.

Rob
Designer - Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Trello keeps projects centralized and organized.

Comments: The most significant problem I solved with Trello is consolidation. Projects with a lot of managers can get out of control very quickly. One person will say, "I sent that email a week ago." Another will say, "I put that on Dropbox yesterday." In short time, there are multiple areas that contain the important documents and info and it becomes very tedious to find and consolidate it all. I have my clients "only" send me info via Trello. That way, everything is in one place. And, if they make a mess or place things in the wrong place, Trello is easy to reorganize and cleanup. I can manage the entire project in one place and now nothing is lost or missed or misplaced.

Pros:

Trello is easy to use, fast and accessible. It also provides a good "overview at a glance" as to how a project is progressing, what needs attention and what can be left alone for now. I like the ability to "drag and drop" images and text into it. It makes it fast to share when you have another browser open and are researching. I also like the ability to place labels on the stacks of cards. Many of my clients don't take the time to really get into Trello and read everything I post there. They are in a hurry and just want what's required. I can place labels, say for instance, "Needs Feedback", on a stack and they just get used to looking for that so they can respond. It's also great for collaborating in real-time as I'm on the phone with someone. It's accessible from any web enabled device so I can view it and or work on it from anywhere.

Cons:

The only thing I wish Trello had was the ability to "markup." I'd like to be able to draw or make pointers on images that are posted. Other than that, I don't know what else I'd change.

Senne
Senne
Entrepreneur in France
Information Services, Self Employed

Amazing tool for better productivity in life - professionally ánd personally

Comments: I don't even know where to begin to describe how much of an impact Trello has made on my life and how I use it exactly. But I'll try. I have multiple businesses that I run and lots of new ideas that occur to me on at least a monthly basis. These ideas have to go somewhere. Before Trello, these ended up in various places, like Samsung Notes. But this was much, much less structured than Trello and not structured enough for me to be able to really process everything and create order. My mind was all over the place, restless. Over the past year, I've been using Trello more and more actively and my main board (for my agency) has evolved a lot. If you aren't using a task management tool, you should start RIGHT NOW. And Trello will most likely be the best fit. At least it was for me. That being said, I would not recommend it as a project management tool. Meaning for collaboration with clients and project management for clients, creating structured systems, working with teams,... there are more focused tools for that on the market. Which are not free, but very affordable as well. I'm sure other people would disagree, since Trello does offer most of the featurest that are needed for project management as well, but I personally like more professional tools that are specifically created for that purpose. So, in conclusion, Trello is without a doubt the best task management tool on the market and one of the best ways to create more structure in your life and get rid of the chaos!

Pros:

The fact that the core features for daily task management are available to everyone for free. On top of that, if you do need the more advanced features, these are available at a fairly low cost. The fact that Trello has made such a big impact in my life, every single day, for both my personal to-do's, things I don't want to forget or remember for later (such as bucket lists), as well as (and primarily) task management for my businesses. I will elaborate further as part of my overall experience with Trello. The mobile app AND desktop app! This is so handy and one of the reasons why I've been switching all my old Samsung Notes to Trello. The mobile app can be easily installed anywhere, so I always have my with me wherever I go. When I think of something to do, I can write it down quickly, add a new card or just an item etc. It's very quick and easy and plays an essential role in my life.

Cons:

The function "ctrl + f" to easily search for words inside a list is not available in the desktop app. This means searching for terms can be less efficient compared to the web app, which means I sometimes have to go through the trouble of opening Trello in my browsing and searching for something there, because it would be harder to do on desktop (I realise this is nit picking). Furthermore, I would like to be able to either exclude OR include archived cards, so it would be easier and faster to look for the task I want. Now, I end up opening a bunch of archived cards when I don't really need those anymore. This brings me to the final thing I really don't like about Trello and that's that it's not possible to delete a card directly instead of archiving it. This is possible, via other steps, but very inconvenient and time consuming. Why not just give the option to completely delete something? If that were possible, I would actually use the archive function in a productive way. Now it's just a place where everything ends up that I don't need anymore. Not practical.

Research associate in US
Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 Employees

Once the best -- still good.

Comments: It is an easy platform to accommodate a large, virtual team with. All of my colleagues are scattered around the globe, and co-working organizational apps are critical to our progress. Trello was a good choice to get us organized and on the same page about the tasks at hand.

Pros:

Trello is a very visual platform; I love that everything is laid out in front of you. It makes it very easy to take in the big picture (based on how you arrange your boards) - what's due? what's this team working on? what have we not yet completed? It also has a slight learning curve, but once you overcome that, you're set, and it gets increasingly easy to use. If, like me, this is a software that you need to use daily, you will master it in no time.

Cons:

I mentioned that what I like most is how Trello gives you a great overview of the big picture - you can see all tasks that need to be completed and everything going on, all at once. This is also it's biggest pitfall, in my opinion. It is both too general, and too crowded, simultaneously. In order to analyze a task in depth, we link to a Google doc or another platform, which allows more flexibility to multitask and make edits. Ideally, I don't want to be hopping from app to app.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com and Asana

Dawie
Business Analyst in South Africa

Visually appealing solution - Used as a personal productivity management tool and as a shared project resource between two users

Comments: Team collaboration on boards is easy.
It is an extremely intuitive application. If you expect a setting or program instruction to be found at a specific place, the chance is good that it is there.
The third party integrations through Trello's Powerups functionality, makes it possible to develop a customized Trello solution that is very powerful. But, that means that a user, or a company, would need to create an account with each of the third party solutions. This could become costly and difficult to manage because each solution has its own subscription rules. I am very happy to use Trello. I use it everyday as my primary productivity management tool and as organisational repository for all the tasks associated with my different work projects. I have different boards for each project and many lists and cards for each boards. Cards are easily moved between lists once they are completed or when their content changes and they consequently relate better to a different list.

Pros:

The visual appeal of Trello is the major factor that makes me prefer if above other productivity management solutions. The interface is easy to use and understand. It is easy to change card into its own list, or to transfer it to another board. Navigation is simple. Multiple users can access and work on a board if they have the permission. A long list of other software products can be easily integrated with Trello with Powerups - (1). This makes it easy to access files/information contained in other products without leaving Trello. (2). It is consequently also easy to navigate to the other products through Trello. It allows attachments of many different types to the cards. Time/date stamp comments can be made to cards. Activity on boards and cards are also time/date stamped with information regarding the changes made. Team collaboration on boards is easy. It is a very intuitive application. If you expect a setting or program instruction to be found at a specific place, the chance is good that it is there. It is easy to set-up a new team with access rights to certain boards. The GUI and Human Computer Interaction (HCI) of Trello, is very well developed and thought out. Checklists can be added a card. It is easy to set-up a new team with access rights to certain boards.

Cons:

Text formatting is not enabled with the common "drag-select-change" or keyboard shortcuts that users are used too from other familiar applications. Instead characters need to be entered among the text to change a word to bold/italics... or to make text into headers, lists, and any other format options. The text format rules that Trello uses is called: Markdown formatting syntax. One has to remember the correct syntax if one wishes to edit the format of text. Workflow automation or task assignment automation could strengthen Trello - but it does enable integration with other applications that might fill this requirement. A calendar view is not part of the basic Trello solution - once again a integration with a third party application is required.