• Overall

About Trello

A visual collaboration tool that creates a shared perspective for your team on any project in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way.

Learn more about Trello

Filter reviews (20,418)

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Trello before?

Filter reviews (20,418)

Norbert D.
Norbert D.
Product Manager in Ghana
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

Trello Product Review

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Trello is a great product, very easy to use and highly recommended for product and project teams

Pros:

The task management, scheduling, tagging and file sharing feature on Trello makes project management easier. More importantly, Trello is easy to use especially for new users

Cons:

The user interface can be improved to improve the overall user experience of the product

Alternatives Considered: monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Trello: Asana was difficult to use. It takes long to onboard new users

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to Trello: Trello is easy to use and the pricing was good

Daniel D.
Financial Advisor in Israel
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Great free productivity tool to organize eyour thoughts

5 2 weeks ago New

Comments: As a daily routine, I first implemented agile methodologies using Trello. The structure is simple, which makes it easy to understand, as well as to learn how to use it. Columns can be named whatever you like, and as many as you'd like. This is great for structures that are not conventional.

Pros:

Staying organized with projects for the week, month, quarter, etc. is very easy with this amazing cloud-based app. With the assistance of Trello, I have been able to plan my marketing strategies, social media use, and video/photography for my colleagues. Color-coded cards and backgrounds appeal to me because I am also a visual learner.

Cons:

It's interesting that Trello works better for some people than it does for me, even though I've collaborated with people who use it, and they raving about it. Trello's organization in rows and cards does not easily translate to my mind, even though it's very simple to use and very powerful. My brain finds it much easier to follow my own filing system outside of work, this is why I have made one by myself.

Jus W.
Attorney in US
Legal Services, 10,000+ Employees

Unduly cumbersome for me but great for teams

1 2 months ago New

Comments: I will continue to use Trello when it is being used by other members of a team in a long-term group assignment, but it is not something that I would likely recommend.

Pros:

I am not a find of Trello as it does not mesh with my workflow. My works involves limited involvement with team members and I believe that is where Trello excels. I need a task management program better suited to managing a large number of unrelated short term assignments. That said, when I have been involved with long term projects involving multiple team members working on interrelated components, Trello has been great at keeping on eye on the progress that other individuals and teams have made in order to coordinate future scheduling.

Cons:

In sum, I just found it poorly designed for managing non-group tasks. I preferred a more text based approach with discrete subtasks, and found Trello not well designed for this,

Laura B.
Laura B.
Freelance Writer in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Amazing resource for small teams, solopreneurs, etc.

5 3 months ago

Comments: I've used Trello for years. Many of my clients use different solutions like Asana and I even moved my own company over to Clickup for a year. We came back to Trello and every team member breathed a sigh of relief. Trello is so much easier to break down individual boards and appeals to those of us who need to see visuals. I manage my podcasts, blog writing, email newsletters, speaking engagements, and even my personal recipe storage is on Trello. It's so easy to grab from the web browser or the app on my phone and I love that you can search so easily even after something has been archived.

Pros:

So easy to use Very visual Price is right Easy to add/remove members Search capability is excellent

Cons:

Sometimes customer service is a bit slow; it's not easy to set up as a nonprofit to get the nonprofit discount. We had to go back and forth but eventually got it set up.

Alternatives Considered: ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Trello: I felt Clickup was extremely cluttered and I had a hard time finding things there.

Switched From: ClickUp

Self Employed in New Zealand
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Lacks some key features natively, relies a bit on Power Ups

5 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Once you know how to use it, it gets the job done. The main frustration comes when collaborating with others, it is easy to get lost in the different approaches to task management. Having easy to access options to standardise task management styles would go a long way in improving Trello.

Pros:

It’s a well-known tool, and it’s relatively new integrations with Confluence and Jira make it an interesting tool to watch.

Cons:

It doesn’t have a lot of features that some other task management tools offer right out of the box. For example, adding Parent and Child tasks seems like it should be an out of the box feature, but you need to buy an add-on (like Hello Epics) to use this feature.

Alternatives Considered: Weekdone, Notion and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello: I use in conjunction with for different colleagues and clients that prefer one or the other

Switched From: Notion

Reasons for Switching to Trello: It was owned by Atlassian, and has a good track record

Venture Portfolio Manager in France
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees

Great task management

4 last week New

Pros:

It was easy to understand trello and implement in my team. We have been using it for close to three years. What I really liked most was that there are a lot of online tutorials and easy to understand.

Cons:

I feel it is difficult to manage multiple projects on the same board. Somehow for me this functionality could be improved. I would also request an improvement on deadline management.

Alternatives Considered: Notion, Airtable and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Trello: Cheaper. Easier to use. Some people in the team already knew how to use it so easier to implement.

Siyamamkela M.
Siyamamkela M.
Software Engineer in South Africa

Trello is a great tool for project management

5 2 months ago New

Comments: The tools invites for collaboration, team members can have a discussion on the card. It also allows users to easily uploads files by simply dragging from the computer or from an online drive like Dropbox, Google Drive to a card/task.

Pros:

The tool as an easy drag-and-drop of tasks on the project board. It provides logs of activities. You can also set deadline alerts.

Cons:

It does not provide a email to task conversion.

Co-Founder in Turkey
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

5 2 months ago New

Comments: I recommend trello, which I love so much that I can use it in my daily life, to both my friends and the companies I talk to.

Pros:

It's easy to use, drag and drop feature, help with time management, give a deadline warning, write notes on tasks, make the tasks visible, and work collaboratively. I am very happy to use Trello both in my personal life and in my business life.

Cons:

Honestly, I don't have a negative opinion about trello, just in my old workplace, we preferred Jira over Trello, they said it looked more professional.

Alternatives Considered: Jira

Reasons for Switching to Trello: Trello is easier to use and feels more friendly

Brand Marketing Analyst in Turkey

Trello, the best task management software for me

5 3 weeks ago New

Comments: For me it was my ideal software so far, I am able to do all the tasks and workflow management for free without the need to pay for subscriptions or others as a guy with small tasks and data, I used to use other software and honestly, this is the best and easiest so far.

Pros:

its easy and possible to do a lot of the workflow management and for a long time as a freelancer for free!

Cons:

free software cant argue about anything i didn't like, Plus I don't use it for anything else than the features that exist already

Ernesto E.
Lead Designer in UK
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees

5 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I've been using Trello now for over 2 years and have fully integrated this software until business as usual. It helps with project managememt and collaborating internally and with our customers.

Pros:

Having tried several varied project management softwares over the years Trello is not only the easiest to use but is so user friendly that anyone can start using from day one and within days will be an expert on its use. It's also free which is amazing.

Cons:

Maybe adding an option to change view styles would be an added extra worth having

Alternatives Considered: monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Trello: Cost and mobile app led me to move away from Microsoft to using Trello.

Switched From: Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to Trello: Once I began using it the choice was clear

Anton A.
Anton A.
SAP Team Lead in Australia

Simple Boards for Simple Project Management

5 3 months ago

Comments: I think that the Trello is a very useful tool to manage small and mid-size projects (or parts of big projects, like a board for a development team or boards for a specific team (not all-in-one). I have used Trello for 5 years now and what keeps me still using it - it's because it's the most simple task management software ever created and most of it is free. So why do You need something else (only if You're not looking for something more sophisticated)?

Pros:

Trello is very "easy" in many ways and it's the best feature: - it's easy to use - You don't need any training to start managing tasks and projects in Trello; - it's easy to set up - just 4-5 minutes and You're ready to go (if You use a template provided by the Trello team - You'll need no more than 1 minute); - you don't need additional software - all works in web-browsers even on mobile phones (although there are native apps for iOS and android); - you can easily use it every day for stand-ups, workshops, etc because You see all the relevant information and can update tasks in real-time; - there are many power-ups (some free, some not) that can make your Task management more reach, bring more context or useful tools from which You can benefit.

Cons:

It's not for complex projects (like with Gantt charts and long lists of dependent tasks) as You definitely will lose the focus on Your board with huge amounts of tasks. It's best to keep it simple - that's where the efficiency thrives. Also, as Trello relies on Your vision of task/project management, sometimes You can find yourself overcomplicating stuff...

Porject Manager in Laos
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees

Trello Boards make work visual

4 2 months ago

Comments: If you have a work that you can chunk into different phases (and most jobs have that), Trello is an awesome kanban style way to visualize where you are at with each client, project and task. In addition it does not only give you that overview, but on everyone else assigned to the board (usually that will be the team working on the project). It was the first software in our company where we managed all employees to regularly engage with it. I think this was largely due to its visual nature, which makes it easy to understand and work with. The "Cards" on a "Board" metaphor works well. The Board follows the Kanban philosophy. We adjusted it to our needs, but its basically a sequential process each client goes through with different steps in each part, each phase corresponds to a column on the board. You can add photos to the cards to make it even more visual (we run legal papers for clients, so having their picture on the front of the card makes it easy to find their files). Apart from that, you can attach files, make notes, add to-do's and assign them to team members and get notified of any changes made to the card or the board.

Pros:

The highly visual style of the Kanban style boards and the cards are super helpful. It is a great tool to get a birds eye view on all the work going on in a given project and makes it easy to follow up on individual tasks where team members may be stuck.

Cons:

The one thing I did not enjoy is that there is no native Mac app, but rather it is all online. There are workarounds (like using a browser based app maker such as Coherence X) but, when the internet cuts out, your access to the boards goes with it.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp

Rober R.
PR in Egypt
Events Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Great tool for team management

5 4 months ago

Comments: As referenced over, my group can't finish our assignments until the past group has finished theirs (information the executives and request composing). Trello is my most-utilized programming, we use it across my whole POD, and across every division too. It helps ensure that nothing escapes everyone's notice and that different groups aren't being held up pointlessly

Pros:

Trello is extraordinary, it's easy to utilize, and has heaps of cunning UX gadgets that make following and refreshing errands a delight. We use it frequently inside our association at whatever point something needs "putting together quick" - we're not hoping to follow the advancement of the whole task through Trello, however an intermittent breakout. We've regularly utilized Trello to gather together our "thoughts" stage, and afterward moved onto a more mind boggling project the executives apparatus after that. The interface is straightforward, the free level is "spot on" and there are barely enough provisions for you to get moving rapidly. Trello is extraordinary for fast authoritative assignments, that should be introduced outwardly, or they are useful for data sharing (in a real sense a pin-leading group of thoughts functions admirably) - and has diminished the requirement for post-it-notes wherever in the workplace.

Cons:

As a client who have insight on both free and paid forms, regardless of whether I made a decent attempt, I was unable to discover any entanglements of this application

Alternatives Considered: Google Classroom and Zoom Meetings

Reasons for Choosing Trello: Because Trello is easy to deal with and most of phones have problem while dealing with WhatsApp.

Switched From: WhatsApp

Lina S.
Freelancer in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Great software for remote working

5 5 months ago

Comments: Overall experience with Trello is very positive. It is the perfect tool to work remotely and as a freelancer I can collaborate with different clients on the same programme, just switching through different boards. It has great functionalities and even a lot more potential that I need, so it is good to know that there's room for me to expand my workflow even further. There are some minor inconveniences, but overall I am a very happy user.

Pros:

I like that it is free. As a freelancer, I am usually the one that is completing the tasks and not managing boards, therefore, most of the times that is all I need. My clients use the paid version, which provides more versatility and bigger file uploads. I like that paid and free can still collaborate with no disruptions. This is a perfect product for remote work collaboration. I think the options to colour code the tasks is great, I use it to mark work in progress and completed work. I am also a very visual person, so cover photos are perfect. I create artwork and it is so much easier to find the task I am looking for by the image, not by the title.

Cons:

I think notification panel could be improved. I don't really like how its laid out, it's quite overwhelming. Also, there is no option to delete a board , only to archive it. Sometimes you need to just delete things and that should be an option. But the archive button is my biggest pet peeve. If you accidentally press archive, it does not ask you are you sure Y/N? It just goes away. And I can never find the archive easily, every time I have to google where it is. It wastes my time, and it could just be fixed by a 'are you sure you want to archive this' pop-up.

Nolan H.
Merch Analyst in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

5 5 months ago

Comments: As mentioned above, my team can't do our tasks until the previous team has completed theirs (data management & order writing). Trello is my most-used software, we use it across my entire POD, and across each division as well. It helps make sure that nothing slips between the cracks and that other teams aren't being held up unnecessarily.

Pros:

Trello has become instrumental to my team's success whilst working in a remote environment. The way my different teams work with each other is similar to different cogs in a machine - each person has to do their task before the next team can start their work. My favourite thing about using Trello in our everyday is that you can create boards, lists etc. that are customizable. The Tagging feature is by far my favourite thing because you can let coworkers know in real-time when my piece of the puzzle is ready for them. Being able to integrate other programs into Trello (Dropbox, Google drive etc.) is a close second favourite feature!

Cons:

I haven't done a deep dive to see what causes this, but I get logged out of Trello all the time and have to sign in again. Could be a setting on my end and have nothing to do with the software though!

Colin D.
Colin D.
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Powerful because it includes the most important features in a simple interface

5 6 months ago

Comments: I first used it to organize personal workflows and task lists, and still do, but I use it mostly to manage multiple workflows for a marketing team. Our email production workflow is the most important of these. Trello allows us to run multiple projects with approval steps and checkpoints. It's very quick and easy to check status, see what tasks we need to pick up, and stay organized and on track. We have a visual record of completed projects in each workflow, and can maintain assets associated with projects centrally. Most important for this team is the simplicity of the app. Everyone can use it without getting lost or bogged down with unnecessary complexity. Trello has helped us keep production on track with minimal ball dropping for over seven years now.

Pros:

Trello feels like the easiest to use and most straightforward of the project management apps I use. It includes just what's necessary and no more, making it great for use by a non-technical team. It's easy to learn your way around, hard to get lost. The organization of boards, lists and cards is intuitive and flexible. Available formats for card contents are just right, make it easy to maintain essential assets, and set up visual cues for status and priority. I like the visual kanban approach, easy drag and drop movement of elements, flexibility of card contents, and speed of getting essential work done.

Cons:

Sometimes I have wanted to be able to get a bit more granular with subtasks, but I think rather than seeing the limitations of Trello as problem, the relative simplicity is its greatest strength. If a project calls for more layers I'll choose a different app.

Riccardo L.
Wood Crafter in Italy
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

An all-around project management tool

5 6 months ago

Pros:

Up until a few months ago, Trello mainly revolved around the Kanban board concept but I have to say that I'm glad that it has added other ways of viewing projects and tasks too. Sometimes, you need to zoom out to take a look at everything, while other times you need to zoom in to a particular aspect or task. Another thing Trello excels at is enabling users to automate repetitive tasks thanks to Butler. Initially an add-on, now Butler is a key feature included in your Trello account. Just think of the steps you carry out on a regular basis, think about what they're connected to and automate them to save plenty of time! And speaking of becoming more efficient, it's great that Trello integrates with a ton of other tools and apps both natively – through its Power-ups – and through third-party platforms like Zapier.

Cons:

The one thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that, in Trello, communication mainly happens through comments users leave to tasks. I think a different approach, that's more team communication-oriented could be a nice addition.

Mariam A.
Mariam A.
Sales Manager in Georgia
Banking, 5,001-10,000 Employees

How to become much more efficient at work

4 6 months ago

Comments: I even don't know where to start, and how I use it exactly, to convey the influence of Trello on my life. But I will try. But I will try. I have several companies I operate and several fresh ideas that happen to me at least weekly. These thoughts must go someplace. They ended up in other locations before Trello, such as Samsung Notes. But it was not organized enough to properly handle everything and produce an order, much less than Trello. My thoughts were restless all over the place. I used Trello more and more in the last year, and I have developed a lot on my primary board (for my office).

Pros:

The best option for groups! Easy mobility, simple plan, better than similar apps like Skype, Teams, Asana, Slack, Facebook Workplace, and others. Schedules can be used. The maximum size of connections without business class is 10 MB. - Without business class, all of the coworkers are administrators, which means that anybody may erase a board or someone else. I don't have a private informing highlight for myself. It wouldn't be too bad. It's really beneficial in terms of project management for executives. I liked that you could set cutoff timeframes and choose which cards/tasks to arrange and accomplish within the specified time frame. Whatever the case may be, all things being equal, I adore it!

Cons:

Trello is a great tool, but it's restricted in terms of the projects it can manage. Trello is ideal for little tasks, but not for large ones. For example, in our firm, we would utilize the app to purchase a helicopter part from another country and then handle the freight and shipping until it was delivered. Due to the restricted storage space, attachments such as mp4 movies and other big media files cannot be posted. We occasionally want to upload movies to Trello to provide a clearer image to the Managers who will be viewing it, however this is a problem when the storage space available is restricted.

Faruk A.
Faruk A.
Head of Growth in Poland

Great tool to plan and track our marketing tasks

5 6 months ago

Comments: I used the free version of Trello for my personal planning, and it was way too much generous free software. I even felt like the owners of this app just wanted to make a favor to the people who like planning. Due to my role, I also have the privilege to use Trello at my company. It's much powerful with all the integrations added. Everyone in my team is very happy to use the tool except those who missed their task due dates :)

Pros:

I'm using the paid version which allows many integrations that make our members' lives easier. The software is so easy to set up. The UI is so clean and easy to navigate. I can customize it according to my needs and taste. Coloured labels, tagging, due dates are most often a part of our task management routine. I like the voting option, sometimes we need to make a decision and this little detail helps. Since it is now a work app for me, I don't use a mobile app so it's hard to say for me how it works but the web version is so convenient and slick.

Cons:

As a user who have experience on both free and paid versions, even if I tried hard, I couldn't find any pitfalls of this app.

Matt M.
Matt M.
Director in US
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Very intuitive and easy to immediately

5 6 months ago

Comments: Trello has been a huge boost to staying organized with not just my big projects, but also with my daily tasks and staying organized in all of my activities.

Pros:

I've used both the paid and free versions of this platform and the free version is as simple to use as the paid version. You do get additional features with the paid version, but for managing your own tasks and projects the free version will still provide everything that you need. I've used a number of project management platforms and Trello stands out because it's very intuitive to use and organize the information you're working on.

Cons:

Occasionally, I wish Trello had some prompts on how to better organize information, but this isn't a deal-breaker. I really like it when software can help to save me from my own disorganization, and Trello primarily does that with a very simple setup, but I would also accept some prompts or suggestions too.

Kenny K.
Self-employed in Belgium

Collaboration made easy with Trello. I'm loving it!

5 6 months ago

Comments: I can't say anything bad about Trello. I tried a couple of tools, then discovered Trello and haven't used anything else after that. It was very easy to start with Trello, without needing documentation. Very intuitive platform with a clear interface. I would certainly recommend this tool.

Pros:

I used Trello for managing multiple new projects with a team of 5-10 people. I like the way I can customize the look & feel of project boards. Trello works very fast, has a smooth interface and is quite flexible. You can often just drag & drop things around and make changes with a few clicks. I find it very easy to use, which is why I kept using it over the years. I tried other tools, but stayed with Trello as I found it the easiest to use.

Cons:

I haven't used all features of Trello yet as I like to keep things simple for myself and the team. Maybe would be cool to be able to further customize the 'theme' of a board and some settings, especially if you would have a very large project, but for my purposes I'm happy with the things I can do.

Juan manuel C.
Juan manuel C.
Web Developer in Argentina
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees

The kanban board you were looking for

4 8 months ago

Comments: My experience with Trello was more than satisfactory, I have used it for many years, both to organize personal tasks, projects, university work and developments at work. It fulfills its function to the letter and runs in a way that looks like you are using it locally. I highly recommend it as it is, in my opinion, the best in the area it encompasses.

Pros:

Trello has an extremely low learning curve, anyone can use it and customize it at ease. Being its free version it allows you to use the vast majority of its options. It has a very comfortable and fluid drag and drop card system that makes you feel like you are working locally. The handling of the cards, the organization and the filing of the same is very comfortable. The uptime is very high, in more than 5 years of use only once I could not enter and it lasted very little. It has an application for cell phones (Android / iOS) that is very fluid and looks better than expected considering that trello is used horizontally

Cons:

The weakness of the program is the lack of more interesting free plugins, to put a but. But in general, it complies with everything that it says to solve

Alternatives Considered: Notion

Reasons for Switching to Trello: For all the aforementioned and being the most popular application, users were already familiar with the tool and did not feel the change.

Research associate in US
Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 Employees

Once the best -- still good.

4 8 months ago

Comments: It is an easy platform to accommodate a large, virtual team with. All of my colleagues are scattered around the globe, and co-working organizational apps are critical to our progress. Trello was a good choice to get us organized and on the same page about the tasks at hand.

Pros:

Trello is a very visual platform; I love that everything is laid out in front of you. It makes it very easy to take in the big picture (based on how you arrange your boards) - what's due? what's this team working on? what have we not yet completed? It also has a slight learning curve, but once you overcome that, you're set, and it gets increasingly easy to use. If, like me, this is a software that you need to use daily, you will master it in no time.

Cons:

I mentioned that what I like most is how Trello gives you a great overview of the big picture - you can see all tasks that need to be completed and everything going on, all at once. This is also it's biggest pitfall, in my opinion. It is both too general, and too crowded, simultaneously. In order to analyze a task in depth, we link to a Google doc or another platform, which allows more flexibility to multitask and make edits. Ideally, I don't want to be hopping from app to app.

Alternatives Considered: Asana and monday.com

Abby B.
Abby B.
Small business owner, Web Designer in US

I'd be lost without Trello

5 9 months ago

Comments: Absolutely amazing. I use it every day to keep project on track. I create a new board for each new client. They have color-coded assignments, as do I - then they can see what I'm working on and how their project is coming along. We can drag-n-drop photos into a card, add files and links, and our whole discussion is documented so nothing gets missed.

Pros:

You can use pre-made boards or create your own from scratch. It's just like a board of sticky notes, like a Kanban. You can color-code, create due dates, assign cards, tag people. I'm just using the free version because it's only me and 1 client using it, but the paid version would be an amazing tool for larger organizations who would benefit from being able to assign tasks and integrate with more apps.

Cons:

I wish we could shut off the ability to comment via email. People do this and then their signature lines and logos clog up the card.

Alternatives Considered: Asana and Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Trello: Asana and Basecamp where both just overkill for what I needed. When it's just me and 1 client working on projects, we really just need a shared idea board and some tracking and organization. Trello is everything I need.

Business Manager in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees

Trello Boards good for planning - as good as MS Project

5 9 months ago

Comments: We have used Trello Boards for tracking an annual event for the past 5 years. Each year we can look at the previous year's boards and add and subtract from them to build a new set of boards. This is a good thing for the way we work.

Pros:

Ease of use. The user interface is simple for most people to us. Even our most computer challenged people are able to use this product.

Cons:

I think each person has unique patterns of working and not all our planners think the same way. Sometimes we set up a board that we think will track what we think is important when all the board creation does is create questions. That is not the fault of Trello. It is just that each person has different ways of using the app.

Alternatives Considered: Smartsheet and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello: The MS Project program was outdated and we could not afford to buy the latest version. Plus, training other team members on how to use MS Project was lengthy and would involve too much time-investment.

Switched From: Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to Trello: Trello is free the way we are using it. To me, Trello is just that good. Thanks, Trello.